Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Man, the stock Kouki front end on a 240SX is so dowdy looking. Nissan USA really had no idea what the gently caress they were doing in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
At least it can get into a driveway without splintering.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

He spent ten thousand dollars to paint the car a different shade of red.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Bogan Krkic posted:

He spent ten thousand dollars to paint the car a different shade of red.

Also the steering wheel, don't forget that.

A previous owner also spent countless hours/time/effort to get low 200s RWHP (From what I've seen on nissan boards).

Usually I hate LS swaps but sheesh.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Octopus Magic posted:

Man, the stock Kouki front end on a 240SX is so dowdy looking. Nissan USA really had no idea what the gently caress they were doing in the 90s.

Y'all are crazy, it's understated looking but pretty handsome. It's the Zenki that looks dated as gently caress.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

88h88 posted:

Y'all are crazy, it's understated looking but pretty handsome. It's the Zenki that looks dated as gently caress.

Yeah. The Kouki frount end looks good - aggressive, even somewhat modern - compared to the Zenki, which looks like every other '90s economy coupe.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

88h88 posted:

What kills it the most for me is the in-bumper front turn signals.

The Jaay Dee Emmm version is much better and more simple:

(It's basically impossible to find a stock front S14)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The further away a Japanese car was designed from the mid-late 1980s (Like 84-91ish MY releases) the worse it looks. The S14 is average looking, the S13 looks far better.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

My opinion is right and you are wrong.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Octopus Magic posted:

(It's basically impossible to find a stock front S14)

My brother has one sitting rotting in his back yard - it has a questionable backyard turbo swap and virtually no paint left but is otherwise complete.

Should really see about doing something with it one of these days.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

Human Grand Prix posted:

The further away a Japanese car was designed from the mid-late 1980s (Like 84-91ish MY releases) the worse it looks. The S14 is average looking, the S13 looks far better.

For the NA models, I agree that the S13 looks better (pop-up headlights are always better, it's a fact).

For the JDM models though, it's the complete opposite - S15 > S14 Kouki > S14 Zenki ~= S13.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
What a deal!

He even has 2quarter panels and lots of bolts for it! Now where is my wallet.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/5300990904.html

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So race car frames are going away from tubular steel I see.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

leica posted:

So race car frames are going away from tubular steel I see.

I don't want to draw any support for someone trying to sell an empty car frame for nearly $2,000 calling it a race car, but Formula Drift rules state that the chassis must be original factory metal between the strut towers except for a roll cage. Most people cut the front of the car off before the towers and weld tubular steel in its place which is why the front of this chassis is cut up there.

That's all well and good, but you can buy an early G35 complete car for like $3,000 now. Buying just a completely stripped down and hacked frame for 2 grand is insane.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Most professional racing cars these days are going to start as a body in white or knock down kit. I'll bet that chassis was one of those bought as a spare. Then all the other parts got scavenged for repairs, and it ended up in a warehouse somewhere.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

BoostCreep posted:

I don't want to draw any support for someone trying to sell an empty car frame for nearly $2,000 calling it a race car, but Formula Drift rules state that the chassis must be original factory metal between the strut towers except for a roll cage. Most people cut the front of the car off before the towers and weld tubular steel in its place which is why the front of this chassis is cut up there.

That's all well and good, but you can buy an early G35 complete car for like $3,000 now. Buying just a completely stripped down and hacked frame for 2 grand is insane.

if you're doing a race thing and you don't want to spend all that time taking the car apart maybe it's worth it?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
God. DAMMIT.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5280286986.html

No storage space at home, none of my friends are as absurd as I am so they don't want to store it at their house, and I can't afford a storage garage.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

88h88 posted:

...except the 126 is cool and you're wrong.

The body line on the side running from front to back, the way the bonnet is a part of that body line, the way said body line sits with the wheel flares... It's loving cool, a great little minimalist design.

:whatup:

This is loving cool.
Edit: and looks like it should be able to float.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 6, 2015

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

scuz posted:

God. DAMMIT.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5280286986.html

No storage space at home, none of my friends are as absurd as I am so they don't want to store it at their house, and I can't afford a storage garage.

I'm in southern WI, and that has me seriously thinking of a road trip with a trailer.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Funzo posted:

I'm in southern WI, and that has me seriously thinking of a road trip with a trailer.
Lemme know if you're planning on it. At least it will be in AI hands. :angel:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
126 chat: people stick liter-bike and larger engines in them and make them into hillclimb vehicles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ8V3_EgV-Y

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Dannywilson posted:

126 chat: people stick liter-bike and larger engines in them and make them into hillclimb vehicles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ8V3_EgV-Y

extrem schnell indeed

quote:

2012 GMC Yukon second owner always clean and maintained on time. Has been debadged and tinted with leveling kit up front and stock out back with 20x12 red dirt road wheels and falken wild peak 33s that have 3 thousand miles on them has black cloth interior with 3rd row seating remote start. NO TRADES

Apparently the Nashville area has decided that it is a thing to only lift the front half of your truck.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

It's a way to show that you like girls with a lot of junk in the trunk.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Just what I've always wanted, a Subaru that's even noisier at highway speed! Also I'd love to see how much it flexes if you jack up one corner now.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5288572785.html

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

fralbjabar posted:

Just what I've always wanted, a Subaru that's even noisier at highway speed! Also I'd love to see how much it flexes if you jack up one corner now.

This is very close to me...

He must never drive it because I've never seen it around.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It's surprisingly good looking, even if it is an origami deathtrap.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Sinestro posted:

It's special and genuinely rare?

I guess I'm jaded from spending time in Poland in the mid 90s and actually getting to experience one. I wouldn't pay more than 2 grand for that. They were god damned everywhere right along with trabants. To cool the motor in the summer you'd just open up the rear cover a bit while cruising down the highway!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

VideoTapir posted:

Really? Because to me it just looks like a PT Cruiser convertible.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Like, wow, Scoob! Zoinks!

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/cto/5294556246.html

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Funzo posted:

South WI goon too. Let me know if you need a travel buddy.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

fralbjabar posted:

quote:

My husband LOVES this car unfortunately for him with the arrival of our new baby he's going to be driving a convertible minivan!

:v:

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

VideoTapir posted:

From the looks of it I'm seriously worried there's a shop out there actually making more of these things. Or other convertibles out of things that shouldn't be. That's some impressively clean work for anyone to do in their garage who starts with "let's cut the roof off a subaru". Usually they just kind of stop thinking right there and you don't expect the top to actually fit, or there to be a rollover bar.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

It's been done

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Well, Subarus have frameless door windows so perfect convertible candidate. Right? Maybe if you just think about it for a bit, and smoke some of this crack I bought off a homeless man... Totally worth the money and labor...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fralbjabar posted:

From the looks of it I'm seriously worried there's a shop out there actually making more of these things. Or other convertibles out of things that shouldn't be. That's some impressively clean work for anyone to do in their garage who starts with "let's cut the roof off a subaru". Usually they just kind of stop thinking right there and you don't expect the top to actually fit, or there to be a rollover bar.

There are many.

Many.

Just think about how they "reinforced" the floor, when the floor is all batteries.

razorscooter posted:

extrem schnell indeed

Apparently the Nashville area has decided that it is a thing to only lift the front half of your truck.

This is called "california style", because it started from guys trying to mimic the natural squat of a pre-runner with a ton of travel. They could get the look without spending all the money on an actual suspension by only installing half the lift kit.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 8, 2015

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Powershift posted:

This is called "california style", because it started from guys trying to mimic the natural squat of a pre-runner with a ton of travel. They could get the look without spending all the money on an actual suspension by only installing half the lift kit.
Any time I see pristine polished bro trucks that are lifted with chunky tread on rubber-band tires like that I just want to drive the gently caress out of them on the roughest mix of mud and rock that I can find so I can see how much suspension travel and ground clearance they have, and more importantly how long it takes to break. poo poo's meant to be dirty, no need for a shiny paint job if the paint's always covered in mud. That example right there is just the next level of poo poo I wanna wring out for all it's worth.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Powershift posted:

There are many.

Many.

Are these just for use states with no inspections? I can't see how the DOT would reject somethinng with a straight pipe, and then ok a car with half it's rigidity strength

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Friar Zucchini posted:

Any time I see pristine polished bro trucks that are lifted with chunky tread on rubber-band tires like that I just want to drive the gently caress out of them on the roughest mix of mud and rock that I can find so I can see how much suspension travel and ground clearance they have, and more importantly how long it takes to break. poo poo's meant to be dirty, no need for a shiny paint job if the paint's always covered in mud. That example right there is just the next level of poo poo I wanna wring out for all it's worth.

Think Glamis, not technical offroad.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
This comes up in the C&T FSBO search for me:

quote:

WANTED; RUNNING ASTROVAN OR FORD PROBE - $500 (salem)
MUST RUN AN DRIVE!

LOOKING FOR NICE RUNNING AN DRIVING CHEVY ASTRO VAN OR FORD PROBE 94 OR NEWER

IM A DISABLED VET SO IMON A VERY LIMITED INCOME. CAN PAY UPTO 500 BUCKS
ANYTHING HIGHER THAN $500 I CAN MAKE PAYMENTS
I CAN WORK IT OFF
OR ILL GIVE UALL THREEE.
CASH, PAYMENTS, ANd work

Or just pay u five hundred bucks

This is in Denver Craigs, so I don't know where Salem comes into it. Who cross shops those two cars? What's the common thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

fralbjabar posted:

Whaaaaat?! After 1 autocross, that thing would never be the same.