Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

thanks Vargo.

Another one:

Who would you rather roster:

Kamar Aiken

or

Tedd Ginn?

Ginn I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Counterpoint: Aiken, maybe?

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

Ginn is one or two drops away from a huge game. Pretty big upside I'd say but also don't be surprised on a 0 game.

Goodluck.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

Counterpoint: Aiken, maybe?

This is where I'm at.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MacheteZombie posted:

They have a shot at the division in a 7-9 kind of way.

Fine with me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Fine with me.

I think it'll be cool to see the current Jags team make it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

This is where I'm at.

They both suck, but not really?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

They both suck, but I need to fill a roster spot

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

How optimistic are we on Yeldon both the rest of the way and as a keeper?

I'm discussing possible trades for him in full-PPR. Might take me giving up either Jarvis Landry or AJ Green to do it and I'm trying to gauge fairness there.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

thanks Vargo.

Another one:

Who would you rather roster:

Kamar Aiken

or

Tedd Ginn?

Probably Ginn, but depends what you want. Aiken won't be getting any donuts from here out, but his ceiling is still way lower than Ginn's, like ~100 yards and a TD on the very best of days. Ginn is getting tons of targets and dropping tons of them too, but he's still just a boom or bust option. Ginn has a shot at more TDs, Aiken more yards. I'd probably rather gamble on Ginn any given week, assuming similar match ups and stuff, but Aiken is a safer WR3 in that he should have a floor of like 40 yards with Smith out.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Piggles posted:

Ginn is one or two drops away from a huge game.

The Ted Ginn Story

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've got this team:

quote:

QB: Brady
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Allen Robinson
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Frank Gore
FLEX: LeGarrette Blount
TE: Tyler Eifert
K: Brandon McManus
DEF: PHI

Bench:
John Brown
Jeremy Maclin
Ahmad Bradshaw
Jordan Reed
Vernon Davis ( I know, I'm trying to sell off TEs)
David Johnson
Nate Washington

IR: LeVeon Bell :( (IR is pointless with this being a redraft league)

I'm thinking about packaging John Brown/Maclin + Reed + Blount for either TJ Yeldon or Jonathan Stewart. Would I be giving up too much? I already offered Brown/Reed for Stewart and the guy countered with Hill instead of Stewart.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Benne posted:

The Ted Ginn Story

That's gonna be a weird A Football Life.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

LmaoTheKid posted:

That's gonna be a weird A Football Life.

Ted Ginn Jr: the receiver who can't catch balls.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ted "Gargoyle hands" Ginn Jr

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Who's better this week Heath Miller, Ben Watson, or Antonio Gates.

I think Gates but my friends swear Watson is gonna beat up on Ten. Heath is iffy because he has to share more.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

RBX posted:

I think Gates but my friends swear Watson is gonna beat up on Ten. Heath is iffy because he has to share more.

It's a tough call. Chicago's passing D is not bad and they've been able to cover TEs pretty well this year. In addition, their rush defense is loving terrible. So SD's playcalling may favour the ground game. Lastly, Gates hasn't turned in a big game since his first game back. Some might say he's due, I think maybe he's not 100%.

Watson intrigues me, I'm starting him while Kelce is on a bye. Might hold on to him depending on how he does. Anyway, the intriguing part is that Tennessee has the #3 pass defense, but they've given up a few big games to TEs. Watson saw the most targets of anyone on the team last week and he could be the key piece of the Saints pass game here.

Heath is your wildcard. He has the best match up by far. Oakland's pass D is just horrible in general, TEs being no exception. He got a boatload of targets last week but Ben prefers his WRs, and he has three good to amazing options there.

I would go Watson personally. Heath is a big gamble and Watson has a better match up than Gates.

Of course, after last week I feel like I should mention I have not accounted for grotesque injuries or tropical typhoons so follow at your own peril.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

How optimistic are we on Yeldon both the rest of the way and as a keeper?

I'm discussing possible trades for him in full-PPR. Might take me giving up either Jarvis Landry or AJ Green to do it and I'm trying to gauge fairness there.

Wound up getting Yeldon for Willie Snead and DeSean Jackson. Feeling pretty good about that deal.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

RBX posted:

Miller who is going against the raiders, the team who has given up a td to a te in almost every game.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

Wound up getting Yeldon for Willie Snead and DeSean Jackson. Feeling pretty good about that deal.

Yup, you killed that

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
The owner who I was going to trade my Charmander for Cam is reconsidering so I am thinking outside the box. Would it be worth it to pick up Tony Romo to stash until Week 11? I can easily survive two weeks with Ryan and Romo might be a big help for the playoffs. I would be dropping Davante Adams for Romo (my WRs are Brown, Jeffrey, Stevie, Aiken so I think I am good there).

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MrSargent posted:

The owner who I was going to trade my Charmander for Cam is reconsidering so I am thinking outside the box. Would it be worth it to pick up Tony Romo to stash until Week 11? I can easily survive two weeks with Ryan and Romo might be a big help for the playoffs. I would be dropping Davante Adams for Romo (my WRs are Brown, Jeffrey, Stevie, Aiken so I think I am good there).

I'd probably drop Aiken over him Adams for Romo.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

I mean, Romo has: Dolphins, Panthers, Redskins, Packers, Jets, Bills, Redskins. That's not a super favorable schedule. Ryan has Carolina twice, but otherwise looks fine. I would also add that though Carolina hasn't given up many points to QBs, they've also faced a really weak set of them: Bortles (week 1), Mallet, Luke McCown, Winston, Wilson (poo poo 2015 version), Bradford, and Luck (poo poo 2015 version). I'm not trying to twist it and say it's a plus match up or anything, but it isn't like Carolina has shut down anyone like Brady or Rivers, and barely even a top 10 QB (I think Bortles is like QB#10?).

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
I got offered Stefon Diggs for Amari Cooper in .5 PPR. Diggs has had an amazing 4 games but I haven't really been following why he's just come out of nowhere. Any thoughts?

My playoffs are week 14/15/16 and it looks like Diggs has a little better schedule for that too.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pews posted:

I got offered Stefon Diggs for Amari Cooper in .5 PPR. Diggs has had an amazing 4 games but I haven't really been following why he's just come out of nowhere. Any thoughts?

My playoffs are week 14/15/16 and it looks like Diggs has a little better schedule for that too.

Diggs is awesome, but a one for one trade for Cooper would weigh pretty heavily against you. I'd need something else thrown in to consider it. That's as a guy who is pretty high on Diggs.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MrSargent posted:

Definitely pick up Romo. That's way better than giving up Charmander for Cam anyway.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I've been offered:

Chris Johnson
Kamar Aiken
Jordan Reed

For my

Latavius Murray
Stevie Johnson

Stevie and Kamar are a wash as I have 4 excellent WRs. I'd have to drop Christine Michael to make room (no big deal), my only other RB at the moment is Ivory, and my current TE is Delanie Walker.

I'm leaning no just because Latavius has a much better schedule going forward and in our wk 15-17 playoffs (which I'll be in as I'm 8 - 0), but I'm not sure. Reed's playoff matchup are bad as well.

He has Andre Ellington too, would Johnson, Ellington and Reed be a good deal for Murray?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

The Aguamoose posted:

I've been offered:

Chris Johnson
Kamar Aiken
Jordan Reed

For my

Latavius Murray
Stevie Johnson

Stevie and Kamar are a wash as I have 4 excellent WRs. I'd have to drop Christine Michael to make room (no big deal), my only other RB at the moment is Ivory, and my current TE is Delanie Walker.

I'm leaning no just because Latavius has a much better schedule going forward and in our wk 15-17 playoffs (which I'll be in as I'm 8 - 0), but I'm not sure. Reed's playoff matchup are bad as well.

He has Andre Ellington too, would Johnson, Ellington and Reed be a good deal for Murray?

I don't like this at all for you. Stevie is much better than Aiken, Reed would be an upgrade over Walker but he could get another concussion anytime he takes a breath, I prefer Murray to Johnson ROS, and Ellington has almost no value right now.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Ameer Abdullah a decent stash at this point? He just hit waivers and debating dropping David Cobb to pick him up.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

I don't like this at all for you. Stevie is much better than Aiken, Reed would be an upgrade over Walker but he could get another concussion anytime he takes a breath, I prefer Murray to Johnson ROS, and Ellington has almost no value right now.

Cheers, I thought so, but he's been making so many bad offers for Murray that this one, by not being quite as terrible, made me pause to consider it. By Aiken for Stevie being a wash I meant because neither would ever see the field for me as I have Julio, DT, Megatron and Allen Robinson.

He doesn't have anyone worth trading for save Eifert who I'm sure would cost me an arm and a leg so I haven't bothered countering.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006

Cervixalot posted:

Ameer Abdullah a decent stash at this point? He just hit waivers and debating dropping David Cobb to pick him up.

I'd personally stick with Cobb purely because he's still an unknown quantity and so there's still a slim chance he could do really well when he gets the opportunity. AA's had opportunities and hasn't taken them, and isn't getting used much at all at the moment.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I read a good article about how the Eagles are running more of their formations out of 2 TE sets because it's given them huge gains in their running game.

This also means Jordan Matthews plays less as the slot guy so probably dumpable now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Jesus Christ no

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
So I've been having all sorts of RB trouble on one of my teams. My drafted RBs are all done. Bell got hurt, Jennings tanked, Karlos Williams got concussed, Bishop Sankey sucks. I've finally made some headway, picked Charmander over Davis off waivers weeks ago, got Langford off of waivers this week, and just traded Andy Dalton and TY Hilton for CJ2k and Jonathan Stewart. Still got Tom Brady at QB and OBJ/Diggs at WR. Sitting pretty at 7-1.

Talkin' bout playoffs.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Anyone else think Antone Smith might make some noise tomorrow? I know he's coming off a leg injury but generally unless it's ligament related you can retain your explosiveness. I picked him up in my 16team 1ppr as a possible home run.

I really just want to see him blow up my bench cause I know he's not startable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cervixalot posted:

Joique Bell just came back and outplayed AA. This is after Theo Riddick outplayed AA. He's had one decent play all year (the first play of the season). His situation is as bad as ever, whereas Cobb's can only go up from here (and can easily be argued is on that trajectory).

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I just picked up Carlos Hyde off waivers :stare:. I know he has the stress fracture but he'll be back in time for fantasy playoffs right? Not that I have a pressing need to play or start him but he should make some great depth as an rb3/4 right?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

the_american_dream posted:

I just picked up Carlos Hyde off waivers :stare:. I know he has the stress fracture but he'll be back in time for fantasy playoffs right? Not that I have a pressing need to play or start him but he should make some great depth as an rb3/4 right?

Nobody knows.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There's a greater chance that

(a) Carlos Hyde goes on IR
(b) Carlos Hyde comes back and is poo poo poo garbage

than

(c) Carlos Hyde comes back and helps your team.

I'm talking like A + B = 90%, with A being a far greater chunk of that 90% than people want to admit. The team is garbage, they're going nowhere and are spiraling fast. The FO is basically one week away from blowing it all up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on IR if he has any sort of set back.

If he comes back, they're starting Blaine Gabbert, man. Kaepernick didn't do much but tha threat of a running QB does add a bit to a RB's productivity. Since the week one inexplicable 49ers' competence explosion, he's topped 100 rushing yards zero times, and more than 55 once. Take out Minny and he's sitting at 3.39 YPC.

He's not useful. Snagging a backup RB (like Buck Allen) and hoping someone goes down would have a higher success rate, given the RB injury churn.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Titans released Terrance West

If he wasn't good enough to climb the Titans' RB depth chart then :rip: his career

• Locked thread