Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Provided without comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZn5Kthx_rI

Verizian fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
I really like technology in music, but I don't really want to be in an easy listening band.

Get on the synth presets on the music your mum listens to in the car!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1jO7sQl06g

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
My grandfather had a Guitorgan and then later on a Casio Synth midi guitar. He gigged with those for probably 30+ years. He had a big binder of all the programs he would enter for his midi backing band. He would do gigs all around southern Florida playing standards.
I think my dad may have the thing stored away somewhere if he hasn't sold it yet. It took like a real finesse. The thing didn't know what to do with a chord, so he kinda played it one note at a time or maybe he used a pedal to help somehow.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
How to make an guitar, 1959 style

I was on a facebook luthier forum and they were speculating that the magazine used plywood because most of the plywood back then was made out of old-growth trees and they used a different glue, so it would have sounded better. I'd post pictures but they banned me, because TONE.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011
I know millennials that believe the 1950's was "the American Renaissance" and despite all the technological advances to improve things, it is just making things shittier.

Boy I sure wish I still had my parents old 70s TV set that the picture was crooked so we had to prop books under one end and everyone on TV was a light shade of green. because COLOR TONE

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

ZombieParts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv-TdjJY6rw

Mustaine fires his guitar tech and then makes a video about it

Huh, Mustaine's voice finally dropped.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-jimi-hendrix-stratocaster?src=3TP5KTC

"Let's make a tribute guitar for the guy that played our guitars upside down!"
So we're going to make a flipped guitar?
"No, only flip the head stock and bridge pickup."
Alright, same thing for the lefty models?
"Why on earth would we make left handed guitars?"

pointlessone fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 29, 2015

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

darkwasthenight posted:

Hendrix strat best strat. Never forget.

We forgot.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
they didn't even bother using a lefty trem which is funny to me

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

muike posted:

they didn't even bother using a lefty trem which is funny to me

putting a lefty trem on a RH body would have meant a different body rout than usual, it wouldn't be a straight drop-in. So added expense/effort (for a feature that most buyers might not want? I dunno)

Well since the amusing browsing of aliexpress earlier in the thread, I finally bought something. A Mosky boost pedal (SHO clone, allegedly).
It's sturdy and works well (exactly how much like a real SHO I can't say, never used one). 13 Pounds inc shipping from China to UK.

But you know it's legit as hell when on the bottom it has comic sans & no S/N

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Fair Hallion posted:

Well since the amusing browsing of aliexpress earlier in the thread, I finally bought something.

I had forgotten how much strange stuff there was there.
I think the "JO" guitar expresses my playing style pretty well.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...archweb201560_9

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Fair Hallion posted:

putting a lefty trem on a RH body would have meant a different body rout than usual, it wouldn't be a straight drop-in. So added expense/effort (for a feature that most buyers might not want? I dunno)

Well since the amusing browsing of aliexpress earlier in the thread, I finally bought something. A Mosky boost pedal (SHO clone, allegedly).
It's sturdy and works well (exactly how much like a real SHO I can't say, never used one). 13 Pounds inc shipping from China to UK.

But you know it's legit as hell when on the bottom it has comic sans & no S/N

they already have the set up for lefty trems from the srv guitar!!

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

muike posted:

they already have the set up for lefty trems from the srv guitar!!

ah... idnkt

although how SRV ended up with a lefty trem on one of his strats, what's the history there? I am not readily acquainted with his work

you'd think I could google "why did srv have a lefty trem" well I just did, and immediately got two conflicting stories
"It was all that was available at the time"
"he probably got it done to emulate hendrix"

both seem unlikely to me

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

he played scalloped strats like Bach and Beethoven used to.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
With the Hendrix start there's the obvious route for Hendrix obsessives. Buy a lefty and play it as a righty.

I can understand the niche for signature, you get a strat that plays like a normal one with the 'mah tonz'. Meaning that everybody who buys it is a baby who isn't a REAL Hendrix fan.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

umalt posted:

With the Hendrix start there's the obvious route for Hendrix obsessives. Buy a lefty and play it as a righty.

I can understand the niche for signature, you get a strat that plays like a normal one with the 'mah tonz'. Meaning that everybody who buys it is a baby who isn't a REAL Hendrix fan.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also Hendrix's songwriting was really good but his tone was absolute poo poo so whoever the hell would want a Hendrix strat anyway is beyond me.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 1, 2015

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
yeah, what the gently caress are they thinking putting out a strat with a reverse headstock like that

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Quoting from the Terrible Webcomics Thread:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Eddy Vedder's always been a weird fucker.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

ZombieParts posted:

yeah, what the gently caress are they thinking putting out a strat with a reverse headstock like that

the dick dale signature strat has a reverse headstock and it looks better for some reason

I want a complete reverse strat, everything flipped except put the controls in the right place. That would look cool I think.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

City of Tampa posted:

the dick dale signature strat has a reverse headstock and it looks better for some reason

I want a complete reverse strat, everything flipped except put the controls in the right place. That would look cool I think.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

City of Tampa posted:

Aargh, gently caress my eyes.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

that's perfect, except I'm left handed, so

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Fair Hallion posted:

that's perfect, except I'm left handed, so

Ha, I have one in blue (also left handed)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome, thanks.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1VyfsG5SIQ

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Allen Wren posted:

Quoting from the Terrible Webcomics Thread:

lol, a metalzone

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
I just played a Teye La Pirata. Looks like someone went crazy on a Gibson Nighthawk, but with just one pickup. The owner is asking 2500. It plays nice. Sounds great. Not a fan of dragons, the tuners, the "mood" knob or the whole "Day of the Dead" Mexican motif going on.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Looks like a Mexican Zemaitis

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Harry in Rio posted:

I just played a Teye La Pirata. Looks like someone went crazy on a Gibson Nighthawk, but with just one pickup. The owner is asking 2500. It plays nice. Sounds great. Not a fan of dragons, the tuners, the "mood" knob or the whole "Day of the Dead" Mexican motif going on.

Extremely cool. $600 or less.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

uhhhh

darkwasthenight posted:

Aargh, gently caress my eyes.

this looks rad, needs the reverse headstock though. It looks kinda like a Mosrite (which is awesome)

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

Harry in Rio posted:

Is it my eyes or is that body really tiny? The headstock and the body shape look like it was a les paul jr that shrunk in the wash.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

muike posted:

Looks like a Mexican Zemaitis

it looks like a frigging duck

this is true of all lp-style guitars really but drat look at the beak on that sucker

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

crashdome posted:

Is it my eyes or is that body really tiny? The headstock and the body shape look like it was a les paul jr that shrunk in the wash.

It has a narrow body at the bout, but it's exaggerated by the inlay. It reminded me of the Gibson Nighthawk in terms of shape. Only, way loving more expensive with only that one bucker.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
http://www.theonion.com/article/affluent-white-man-enjoys-causes-the-blues-1511

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

That's a little too real to be funny

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

This is unbelievably well written hahah! Man I love the onion.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Harry in Rio posted:

It has a narrow body at the bout, but it's exaggerated by the inlay. It reminded me of the Gibson Nighthawk in terms of shape. Only, way loving more expensive with only that one bucker.

yeah if it had two buckers it'd be totally worth it.

Check out this guy kicking someone in the face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MBSoId6_I

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
From the Electro Harmonix Facebook page this morning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
unironically love it

• Locked thread