Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tramadol Junkie posted:

SO let me get this straight...

You yanks eat banana flavoured candy peanuts instead of REAL peanuts that are rich in energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for our health?

No wonder you yanks are all fat fuckers!

Peanuts are actually so calorie dense it's better if Americans don't eat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Tramadol Junkie posted:

You yanks eat banana flavoured candy peanuts instead of REAL peanuts that are rich in energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for our health?

Nobody actually eats Circus Peanuts. They're strictly decorative.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Cartouche posted:

We used to get cany cigarettes that were gum with a paper wrapper. There was powdered sugar inside so when you blew into them it looked like smoke. Thank you for reading.

One of my fond childhood memories is doing this with a pal while sitting on a curb in my old neighborhood. I think we were in the fourth grade. We got this SUPER dirty look from an old lady passing by in her car. She was clearly appalled.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

genesplicer posted:

I think it is reasonably safe to assume that "fruit flavored candy" will be flavored, but that the flavor will resemble the fruit in question only slightly more that it resembles something like burning tires or rotten tuna.

Unless it is Durian-flavored candy, in which case the burning tire/rotten tuna flavor is the actual intention.

No no that's not quite accurate. Having actually eaten a Durian, I can assure you, unwrapping the candy would fill the room with the SMELL of rotten tuna but the candy would taste like banana pudding.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Pick posted:

I haven't eaten in like four days and this still makes me gag

eat pick~! you have to eat!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Tramadol Junkie posted:

lol we eat more peanuts than anyone in the world, thanks to PEANUT BUTTER, the most american spread

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

also bc most "real" candy is made w peanuts somewhere

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Peanut butter is loving amaze balls

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

nomadologique posted:

also bc most "real" candy is made w peanuts somewhere

These are the best things ever. They don't make em anymore though because they couldn't find anywhere to put the piles and piles of cash they were making from selling them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

eat pick~! you have to eat!

nah

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Philthy posted:

These are the best things ever. They don't make em anymore though because they couldn't find anywhere to put the piles and piles of cash they were making from selling them.

those look good

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

5th avenue is my favorite candy bar YUM

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

update: went to the 7/11, they did not have circus paenut

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

you have to go to a bodega or a gas station where everything is dusty inside

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
actually the craft store Michaels always has old people candy (because old people shop there for stupid crafty garbage)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I found out today a good friend of mine likes candy corn and said she "would eat" a circus peanut. I'm literally shaking.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Pick posted:

actually the craft store Michaels always has old people candy (because old people shop there for stupid crafty garbage)

Yeah similarly Pat Catan's in Ohio had the marshmallow cones and other weird candy poo poo by the checkout.

Including those candy buttons on paper; does anyone really have nostalgia for those things?

(It's me, I am the old person who buys the crafty garbage).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Philthy posted:

There has to be some near-ripoff of these somewhere. How does something like that just loving disappear?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Same way PB Crisps did-- the universe loving hates Peanut Butter candies that aren't Reeses or Butterfinger.

Try Take5. It's definitely not the same cause of the caramel/pretzel/peanuts bit but it's got that "crunchy + peanut butter" flavor to it.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

nomadologique posted:

lol we eat more peanuts than anyone in the world, thanks to PEANUT BUTTER, the most american spread

Sorry to break it to yah but peanut butter was invented by Canadians.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
If you are from the UK then penny saucers were the worst things ever. Imagine a blistered communion wafer with a quarter teaspoon of sherbet stuck in it. I assume the flavour was supposed to be "pastel colour".

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Sure Grandma I'd love some candy...OH FUCKK@#FKJ@#fj99ji4fl@!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Sorry to break it to yah but peanut butter was invented by Canadians.

first to patent a process. that quebecois motherfucker would be nowhere without g.w. carver.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

These things never did it for me

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )

These things always did it for me

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

CraigSlice posted:

These things always did it for me

This guy gets it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

i heard you can buy 20 lbs on amazon for like 10 bux an amazing deal! that's 50c PER POUND!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

proof of concept posted:

mmmm

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

quote:

The Aztec were known to have made peanut butter from ground peanuts as early as the 15th century.

pretty cool :911:

peanuts, an american (in the global sense) specialty since time immemorial

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

proof of concept posted:

these are poo poo and also delicious somehow

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

pick for someone who constantly evinces a proud idiosyncratic character you have surprisingly prosaic taste in candy!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

pick for someone who constantly evinces a proud idiosyncratic character you have surprisingly prosaic taste in candy!!!

i hate chocolate, which is truly the candy of the masses

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ok now things are starting to fit

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

but if you hate chocolate and you hate all non chocolate old ppl candy what is left?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i said which candies i like, i like jelly bellys (red apple supremacy), flavor tootsie rolls, green tea candies, lemonheads, and ginger chews

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

nomadologique posted:

i heard you can buy 20 lbs on amazon for like 10 bux an amazing deal! that's 50c PER POUND!!

That is too much paenut

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Pick posted:

i said which candies i like, i like jelly bellys (red apple supremacy), flavor tootsie rolls, green tea candies, lemonheads, and ginger chews

and we have returned to freaquilibrium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nowadays I usually just get some dark chocolate or cookies if I have a sweet tooth peace....

• Locked thread