Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
This NYE card is going to be the most delightful clusterfuck ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
If Rizin falls through, I'd like Sakakibara to take over interviewing duties for Bellator.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Bluedeanie posted:

Shamrock, Angle and Coker are being recorded cageside right now.

Oooo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Food Court Druid posted:

This NYE card is going to be the most delightful clusterfuck ever.

It's going to be fun, hopefully in all the wrong ways.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 3 on deck for February 20-loving-16

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

this is going to be so loving stupid

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

what's the story wrt chandler and the ufc?

Dana hasn't really talked about Chandler much since the big get was Eddie Alvarez, but he hasn't trashed him or anything. He did say Chandler would lose to the top UFC guys but that's what any promoter would say until they actually sign them. He was more sympathetic with this comment:

White questioned whether Chandler, who lost his Bellator lightweight title to Alvarez in November, really wants to be in Bellator.
"Do you think Chandler wants to be there?" White said. "Chandler's sitting there thinking ‘I didn't want to sign that f------ deal.'"

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

You know your title fight is not fun when instead of watching it, we play a giant game of Where's Tito. We found him, his gigantic shiny dome made it pretty easy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

Dana hasn't really talked about Chandler much since the big get was Eddie Alvarez, but he hasn't trashed him or anything. He did say Chandler would lose to the top UFC guys but that's what any promoter would say until they actually sign them. He was more sympathetic with this comment:

White questioned whether Chandler, who lost his Bellator lightweight title to Alvarez in November, really wants to be in Bellator.
"Do you think Chandler wants to be there?" White said. "Chandler's sitting there thinking ‘I didn't want to sign that f------ deal.'"

cheers. figured as much. we got a saying that some times it's better to be the king of shits than the poo poo of kings. don't think about that too closely.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oh my god this is going to be a disaster

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
lmao

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
KIMBO VS DADA5000, IS THE OWNERSHIP TO BARGE FIGHTING AT STAKE?

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
MMA ends February 2016

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This feels negligent and irresponsible.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lloyd Boner posted:

MMA ends February 2016

l o l. No poo poo.

oh my god. Strikeforce got a little low at times but I don't think it ever sunk that low. What the hell Coker.

I mean I'm gonna watch but let me reiterate lol.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

KIMBO VS DADA5000, IS THE OWNERSHIP TO BARGE FIGHTING AT STAKE?

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Is this real life?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

That ridiculous loving card is going down like 10 miles away from me and 9 days after my birthday. This is going down.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
I hope they let Hoyce wear the gi.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Oh my god :cripes:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

RIZIN, which currently features, if I'm understanding things correctly:
- an anime and a kickbox in MMA
- the most lamentable dustman, bob sapp
- saku vs aoki at catchweight
- pudzian????
- fedor vs the debate of "is a hot dog a sandwich?"
- giant grapple lady gabi garcia making her mma debut vs giant wrestle lady lei'd tapa

feels more legitimate than Kimbo/DaDa and Ken/Royce 3, pacemaker boogaloo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That man just yelled at a child about winning his championship.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Inside MMA is saying Fedor is fighting Kohsaka
lol

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
who??

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

pro wrestler that gave fedor his first loss via cut from an accidental headbutt during a tournament

he already got his win back

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sounds like they're also doing the rematch we've been waiting 12 years for, Sapp vs. Akebono 2.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

LobsterMobster posted:

pro wrestler that gave fedor his first loss via cut from an accidental headbutt during a tournament

he already got his win back

elbow imo

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Sounds like they're also doing the rematch we've been waiting 12 years for, Sapp vs. Akebono 2.

Oh man, if Royce is signed to Bellator now, and their co-promoting with Rizin, then we could get to see this again

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

that's probably right, i easily conflate that tk fight and the big nog no contest

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.

LobsterMobster posted:

RIZIN, which currently features, if I'm understanding things correctly:
- an anime and a kickbox in MMA
- the most lamentable dustman, bob sapp
- saku vs aoki at catchweight
- pudzian????
- fedor vs the debate of "is a hot dog a sandwich?"
- giant grapple lady gabi garcia making her mma debut vs giant wrestle lady lei'd tapa

feels more legitimate than Kimbo/DaDa and Ken/Royce 3, pacemaker boogaloo

Also a one-night tournament featuring sad King Mo.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
who on earth do they think the audience is for royce/ken 3 when the others were unwatchable even by the standards of 1962

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MysteryNad posted:

lol

Jerry Millen is now smugly assuring everyone this isn't true, which means it almost definitely is

Triticum Guzzler posted:

who on earth do they think the audience is for royce/ken 3 when the others were unwatchable even by the standards of 1962

When Royce fought Hughes there were a surprising number of people who remembered the UFC from the first press they ever heard about it and stopped giving a poo poo about it afterward and were thus certain Royce was still a thing and stood a chance; Scott Coker is apparently sure some of them are still out there

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

MysteryNad posted:

lol

The rubber match no one's been waiting for.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
JT out with a torn hamstring, claims he's determined not to go back to gambling and depression and come back fit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

willie_dee posted:

JT out with a torn hamstring, claims he's determined not to go back to gambling and depression and come back fit.

Please spend time with him to make sure this doesn't happen.

What's the best route to send him encouragement he will actually read? Also half of my family are British people so I know the importance of a good card during a time like this.

The other half is southern which means I also know the importance of thinking everything but eating is a sin so eat eat EAT! (I'll hide that from any encouragement sent his way)

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://instagram.com/p/9wRYjILcZ2/

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

What the hell? Do volunteer firefighters actually help like that?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Last night's RFA started with a guy who decided to engage in a slugfest while mounted. He did not win.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Captain Log posted:

What the hell? Do volunteer firefighters actually help like that?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
it has taken me far too long to be aware of someone known as "DADA 5000"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

-Atom- posted:

it has taken me far too long to be aware of someone known as "DADA 5000"

Watch "Dawg Fight" if you need to know more.