Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

The game has some serious flaws, but I have a blast every time I party up with goons. There's some really fun class combinations out there, and the support classes especially are really engaging and rewarding to play.
Full DPS Krivis/Barbarian are obviously broken OP right now and have a very singular playstyle. If those are all you've tried, I recommend rolling a Linker, Priest, or support Krivis and try playing with folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Drinkfist posted:

Goons are highly prone to Stockholm syndrome. I once played Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup for a span of six months and never survived past the Lair. Had some deaths by falling down stairs. Still think it is a good game.

how's skyforge doing these days

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

RottenK posted:

:drat:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

RottenK posted:

Total Dead. Which doesn't make your point.

You should have laid Secret World on me. I still have it installed.

Skyforge is a great game to play if you want the launcher for Armored Warfare ready to go.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Drinkfist posted:

Total Dead. Which doesn't make your point.

You should have laid Secret World on me. I still have it installed.

Skyforge is a great game to play if you want the launcher for Armored Warfare ready to go.

i wasn't trying to make a point :v:

I played skyforge with goons for a while but lost interest

was curious if the game's still alive

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

RottenK posted:

i wasn't trying to make a point :v:

I played skyforge with goons for a while but lost interest

was curious if the game's still alive

Nothing to do after you capped out for the week. And when you finally get God Form unlocked the only thing to do was a 5 man pull grind snore zone. They had all this great stuff but there just simply wasn't anything to loving do in the game. Lots of MMOs do this which is why everyone loving leaves. They forgot to include the game and not just the Skinner box.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

They forgot to include the game and not just the Skinner box.

This has been a growing concern for a lot of games. Case in point, this game right here.

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis
give me one of yalls keys to this poo poo game please. thank u

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
If only ya'll just signed up during one those periods where y ou get guaranteed keys...

sants
May 17, 2003

free beavis

whalestory posted:

If only ya'll just signed up during one those periods where y ou get guaranteed keys...

ya im a dum dum i was too busy cuttin up

Grimquestioner
Feb 15, 2010

SO GOOD

whalestory posted:

Plenty of people signed up during those and still didn't get keys.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Then they deserve death for being so unlucky!!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Grimquestioner posted:

Plenty of people signed up during those and still didn't get keys.

You mean this one, which everyone that signed up should have gotten a key. So if they didnt get a key they either didn't log into the account for this particular round (maybe they did for a previous one and thought it carried over), or they didnt log into the account afterwards and click the redeem key button.

The first few days people weren't getting keys because they thought it would arrive through email, when it was already in the site. I signed up like 2 hours before the deadline and got a key no problems.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Ok I decided to do some testing with my Arde Dagger after finally getting a rod. I found out that its very very good and if you have one to use it immediately!

For those who don't know what it is, its from the level 90 dungeon. It has very minimal physical attack but a very high fire attack status. I wanted to know for sure if it affected spells or not since putting it on doesn't change my magic damage stat at all.

The first test was a fireball with both of them equipped against a pumpkin monster. It does 1594-1601 damage.

The second test is if the dagger affects my main hand at all so I removed it and my magic damage stat didn't move. It does 1121-1125 damage.

The last test is to see what happens if I wear only the dagger and not my rod. It does 1313-1319, more than the rod which makes sense because the fire damage is higher than the magic damage of the rod.

And just to check, I tried it with nothing equipped. It does 835-846 damage.

This is all tested as a c2 Pyromancer with lv 10 fireball. Its currently selling for about 1-1.5 million on the market (at least when the market was up) but it drops in the level 90 dungeon as well if you are lucky with boxes and is too poor to buy one. Highly recommended to get that dagger.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

whalestory posted:

Then they deserve death for being so unlucky!!

Brutal.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You mean this one, which everyone that signed up should have gotten a key. So if they didnt get a key they either didn't log into the account for this particular round (maybe they did for a previous one and thought it carried over), or they didnt log into the account afterwards and click the redeem key button.

The first few days people weren't getting keys because they thought it would arrive through email, when it was already in the site. I signed up like 2 hours before the deadline and got a key no problems.

Actually some people did not get keys that signed up. There were people complaining about it when keys were being sent the first time.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Gotta say that I'm enjoying the game, flaws and all, but man this exp curve after 160 is brutal. I can't even imagine how bad 300/400+ is going to feel if they keep the rates this way. Still really early, though, hopefull they listen to feedback

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Red Red Blue posted:

Gotta say that I'm enjoying the game, flaws and all, but man this exp curve after 160 is brutal. I can't even imagine how bad 300/400+ is going to feel if they keep the rates this way. Still really early, though, hopefull they listen to feedback

CB2? the exp amount is several times more than how much we'll get at launch, IIRC

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Hivac posted:

CB2? the exp amount is several times more than how much we'll get at launch, IIRC

There's no way in hell they're dumb enough to do that, without significant changes to how the game works. Nobody in their right minds wants that

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i look forward to the private 10x server

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can't find anything backing that up.

I can find information that the korean beta test is at a much higher rate than ours.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Third World Reggin posted:

I can't find anything backing that up.

I'm going entirely off of hearsay so I could be completely wrong, if so then egg on my face

depending on how hard it scales it could still be really bad though

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Am I crazy if I think the rate isn't that bad? Maybe a tiny bit more xp and money from mobs would be nice but the quest XP feels pretty spot on to my sensibilities. And slowing it down at around 160-200 seems reasonable because by then you have 5-6 ranks under your belt and actually have options.

Also is tosbase wrong on what drops the Sestas Staff? I've been dealing with the lovely disconnects of the broken rear end Mausoleum Construction Site storage for like 5 days and grinding until the random timeouts drive me crazy, and I can't get the loving thing to drop. I've got like 15 Hastas in total, but no staff.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I'm in boys. What are the cool classes? I'm lookin at dievdirby right now but I'm not sure I even really understand how classes work. Games insanely pretty to look at and listen to at any rate.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

I'm in boys. What are the cool classes? I'm lookin at dievdirby right now but I'm not sure I even really understand how classes work. Games insanely pretty to look at and listen to at any rate.

Carving statues is hit or miss as anything that touches you +- any server lag will interrupt your cast but trigger the cooldown and take your materials!!

or so i've heard

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

whalestory posted:

Carving statues is hit or miss as anything that touches you +- any server lag will interrupt your cast but trigger the cooldown and take your materials!!

or so i've heard

It's gotten a bit better now, it works alright in dungeons at least. Just be wary of any elevations, players, pets and ground effects (and enemies interrupting you)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Dievdirbys is a very cool class.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
So, uh, I went to the ToS website today clicked on the check key button.

And I got one.
--
How do I do more damage? It seems that I just fight enemies that have more and more hp, but I'm stuck doing the same amount of damage to them that I did to low level enemies. Boss fights are just so boring because taking 20 minutes to fight a boss doing 2-4 damage a hit is not fun at all.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 7, 2015

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Gibbo posted:

Am I crazy if I think the rate isn't that bad? Maybe a tiny bit more xp and money from mobs would be nice but the quest XP feels pretty spot on to my sensibilities. And slowing it down at around 160-200 seems reasonable because by then you have 5-6 ranks under your belt and actually have options.

Also is tosbase wrong on what drops the Sestas Staff? I've been dealing with the lovely disconnects of the broken rear end Mausoleum Construction Site storage for like 5 days and grinding until the random timeouts drive me crazy, and I can't get the loving thing to drop. I've got like 15 Hastas in total, but no staff.

Yes because you have to realize that this game is supposed to go to level 500 or 600. And slowing down to crawl at 150 is a great way to get rid of casuals who make up a majority of players.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

I've been playing since the beta started and this game has so many problems :( It's really sad because I like a lot about it, but it has that janky korean mmo feel. What is it about these games that holds them back in mediocrity? I'm sure korea has plenty of talented programmers. They always feel like an early access steam game that never gets finished.

And yes, I know it's in beta. It could release as a polished, well balanced game. However, given the track record of similar mmo beta's from korea, it seems unlikely.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

IAmTheRad posted:

How do I do more damage? It seems that I just fight enemies that have more and more hp, but I'm stuck doing the same amount of damage to them that I did to low level enemies. Boss fights are just so boring because taking 20 minutes to fight a boss doing 2-4 damage a hit is not fun at all.

uhhh are you allocating your stat and skill points? no boss should take you 20 minutes unless youre just autoattacking like a weirdo

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Gibbo posted:

For me it's more that the game did such a great job avoiding this before this part. There were a couple rough patches, even then I maybe had to grind out a level or two and then maybe I could go do a dungeon or the exp curve hit a reset. But as it stands now, the 160 dungeon is worthless, the next one is 175, and the next reset is like, 180 something. I have a couple zones I could maybe go do, but that might hit me up to 165 or 166, still ten levels away from doing something that isn't grinding

I'm not really trying to doomsay the game or anything, it's pretty obvious that higher level poo poo is way unfinished, but I just wanted to hit doppel so I could spin :(

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, it seems to me that the exp rate is fine when there's content, but there just isn't enough content at higher levels, at least ATM. It definitely doesn't help that they reduced 100+ dungeons to 2 entries a day across the board.

Again, and others have said this, there is no evidence that we are on higher than launch rates. There's also no evidence IMC even knows what launch rates will be, seeing as every beta has had different rates. It's important to remember this is a real beta, and not a headstart like most western releases of kMMos.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Hah, my friend poked me to test something. Killed 10 of the same monster, no pet out, gained 3.5% exp bar. Same 10 monster, with a pet, gained 2.5% exp bar.

So the pet steals about 30% of all your exp. Greaaatttt

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Red Red Blue posted:

For me it's more that the game did such a great job avoiding this before this part. There were a couple rough patches, even then I maybe had to grind out a level or two and then maybe I could go do a dungeon or the exp curve hit a reset. But as it stands now, the 160 dungeon is worthless, the next one is 175, and the next reset is like, 180 something. I have a couple zones I could maybe go do, but that might hit me up to 165 or 166, still ten levels away from doing something that isn't grinding

I'm not really trying to doomsay the game or anything, it's pretty obvious that higher level poo poo is way unfinished, but I just wanted to hit doppel so I could spin :(

I didn't realize it got quite that bad. I'm only about to hit 100. When I say slow it down a bit, I meant a bit, not "enjoy being a snail".

Hopefully they find a balance by launch.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Fun fact you can kill other players in town as a psychokino, and giant swing from barbarian also destroys peoples anvils. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L98lIZ5Z2s4

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

blackflare posted:

Hah, my friend poked me to test something. Killed 10 of the same monster, no pet out, gained 3.5% exp bar. Same 10 monster, with a pet, gained 2.5% exp bar.

So the pet steals about 30% of all your exp. Greaaatttt

Are you sure there wasn't overkills or something else messing with the experience gain? All the testing I've seen shows that the companion doesn't actually leech exp

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I don't remember any overkills. I'm using a hoplite and her damage is pretty bad.
edit: tested again on a different monster, only a .3% difference. I have no idea.

blackflare fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 7, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
uh hoplites own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Whats the trick to them? The only good skill I like so far is stabbing but its on a long cooldown. I just feel really weak generally.

• Locked thread