Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

twitch kills every stream that starts up in fifteen minutes to half an hour max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

afkmacro posted:

is this garbage stream constantly buffering for you nerds too? why isnt this on twitch?

Twitch has been cracking down real hard on leak streams

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nurses sell Sniper Rounds in Fallout 4, I'll keep that in mind

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I like the redesigned Vault Dweller suits. They look slightly more complicated and sci-fi-y than flat fabric now.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

frajaq posted:

Nurses sell Sniper Rounds in Fallout 4, I'll keep that in mind

It cures what ails you.

Also, ears of corn on the toilet, someone's been getting kinky with the produce.

edit: Thank god this fuckface is here to shout racial slurs into the microphone loudly without warning

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

.45 Auto is back :buddy:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
but Joshua Graham, his voice, and his characters good writing aren't :smith:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Why am I seeing a bunch of pictures on the internet of supermodels and movie stars standing in front of Fallout 4 banner poster poo poo?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Magmarashi posted:

edit: Thank god this fuckface is here to shout racial slurs into the microphone loudly without warning

Silent idiot or Slightly-less stupid racist are your stream choices

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Lakbay posted:

The only winning move is not to play.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Why am I seeing a bunch of pictures on the internet of supermodels and movie stars standing in front of Fallout 4 banner poster poo poo?

Bethesda paid them to come to their party so that they'd get more advertisements out on sites.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Bethesda paid them to come to their party so that they'd get more advertisements out on sites.

:psyduck:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Bethesda had some kind of Fallout 4 Launch party in SoCal recently and invited a bunch of stars/hipsters/rich people. Because why even make a loving launch party when anyone invested in the series never goes outside.

e: LOL bethesda apparently invited Calvin Harris to the loving Fallout 4 Party. That's what the nerds like, pop music!

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 7, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Odobenidae posted:

Bethesda had some kind of Fallout 4 Launch party in SoCal recently and invited a bunch of stars/hipsters/rich people. Because why even make a loving launch party when anyone invested in the series never goes outside.

Isn't Max Landis that dude who wrote that lovely movie American Ultra?

RUDE ROBOT
Feb 19, 2013

Lakbay posted:

Don't forget, as an added bonus, this streamer has a habit of intentionally stopping what he is doing to leer at female character model's asses.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Todd Howard posted:

"I had this moment where I needed ceramic. And I asked 'what's ceramic?' Ok, coffee mugs have ceramic. Where I was in the game there was a drive-in theater and they had a gift shop. 'Oh I bet they have coffee mugs.' I see the coffee mugs in it and I run in and 'BAM!' this landmine trap kills me. Blows me up.
So I reload the game. I gotta be really careful this time and get the coffee mug. And for some reason I missed it again and it kills me again. So then I get a follower who's with me, and you can command them, and I said 'go in and get the coffee mug.' And the follower goes in.
BAM! The thing goes off. But it doesn't kill me. But it blows the coffee mug out of the gift shop and into the grass. So now I'm hunting through the grass for this coffee mug. And you could not script that. It was this total combat just about getting this coffee mug. You would never have a designer who would say 'I have this scenario with landmines and a coffee mug you need.' It was all in my head. But it always stuck with me afterwards. I had one of my favorite experiences trying to get a coffee mug."

Todd Howard fights with the game he created and loses. You can't script that

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I wish this had happened in real life to Todd Howard.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

todd howard more like clown howard

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Odobenidae posted:

Muggy would be proud.

EDIT: Yeah, the new art assets are pretty sweet. They went all-out with the more colorful world designs. The new vault interiors are pretty rad.

DOUBLE EDIT: Hidden dead guy hiding behind a crate, that has a party popper explode and a kazoo go off when you find him, and he has a lunch box, a bowl of cereal, and other sugary foods crammed under his armpits? Haha. Okay, Bethesda. I like you. Your spoken dialogue may be a bit basic but your environmental storytelling is still great.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 7, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
At least your power armor helmet light looks good. Wonder how long it'll be until modders make your pipboy light act similarly.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Odobenidae posted:

Todd Howard sent a man to his death for a coffee mug. This is the man your $60 is going to.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

You really should install the mod that replaces the LEVEL UP cash register jingle with the 'DYNO-MITE!' stinger from the Oscar winning comedy Black Dynamite.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

"Legendary Enemy has Mutated!" ???

Enemies can randomly become super-powered? Huh.

Haven't seen that since the Oversoul mechanic in, like, Final Fantasy X-2.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, looks like the Brotherhood of Steel are back to being technology-hording dickheads. One of their knights shits all over Elder Lyons for placing being charitable over preserving tech.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, looks like the Brotherhood of Steel are back to being technology-hording dickheads. One of their knights shits all over Elder Lyons for placing being charitable over preserving tech.

Bringing things back to where they should be as far as the Brotherhood goes.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Thank god for that, at least. Too bad they didn't have the balls to make them the villains, that would have been legitimately interesting.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

for the love of God will someone just please answer my question

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Thank god for that, at least. Too bad they didn't have the balls to make them the villains, that would have been legitimately interesting.

Doesn't Boston already have a bunch of rear end in a top hat techno overlords though?

I liked Lyons group, they noticed Brotherhood policy was a bunch of pointless dickery these days and wanted to help out.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

taco_fox posted:

for the love of God will someone just please answer my question

Yes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I thought Lyons chapter was always supposed to be a bit weird in that they found themselves in a situation (and adapted to that situation) that they and their superiors never really expected them to get into.

and i thought that mostly had to do with the survivors in the area treating Lyons Chapter very differently than people elsewhere generally treat the BoS

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Caidin posted:

Doesn't Boston already have a bunch of rear end in a top hat techno overlords though?

I liked Lyons group, they noticed Brotherhood policy was a bunch of pointless dickery these days and wanted to help out.

My problem wasn't that they were breaking with the brotherhood tradition. I was forced to side with them / be a good guy is the problem.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

not that the Brotherhoods mission and behavior wasn't always terribly short sighted anyway.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, the Eastern BoS still recruits outsiders, so they at least progressed somewhat compared to the Western BoS.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, the Eastern BoS still recruits outsiders, so they at least progressed somewhat compared to the Western BoS.

That's kinda the issue - either you stay your normal isolationist BoS and stagnate, or you "go native" and you get something resembling the BoS in Fallout 3.

I mean granted they didn't necessarily have to be as unambiguously good as they were in FO3, but given the circumstances (super mutants everywhere) it's honestly a pretty logical outcome.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Hell, don't most of the BoS-centric endings in NV have them trundling off into irrelevancy or death?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think the NCR sided one is a good ending?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

cheesetriangles posted:

I think the NCR sided one is a good ending?
most

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Watched a little of the stream....this game actually looks really loving good I don't get the complaints. :shrug:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

chaosapiant posted:

Watched a little of the stream....this game actually looks really loving good I don't get the complaints. :shrug:
postal 4 looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Hell, don't most of the BoS-centric endings in NV have them trundling off into irrelevancy or death?

Except for the one where you get them to ally with NCR, yeah. Even then they basically patrol the highway swiping laser pistols and hanging out in their bunker though.

No one ever mentioned the status of Fallout Tactics midwest BoS empire so I'm assuming that's just poo poo that didn't happen. The east coast might be all that's left.

• Locked thread