Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Someone asked me to post my boonripper build soooo here it is! I get around 80 in stronghold, and WAY more in conquest. I got 319 my last round :toot:

I'm tempted to swap bitter chill (spite 1,3) for Spiteful tasisman (spite 1,1) As well as swapping out curses for soul reaping, but this setup has been working for me so far. I would use a sinister amulet but im broke as gently caress :shrug:

E: also grenth runes

80 or 319 what?

Edit: Another failed snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Welp.

It wasn't just the PSU. :sigh:

Time to order a new mobo, CPU, and RAM and hope I can get it to POST and the drives and GPU are alright. See you guys in a while I guess. :sadwave:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Schpyder posted:

Welp.

Time to order a new mobo, CPU, and RAM and hope I can get it to POST and the drives and GPU are alright. See you guys in a while I guess. :sadwave:

Oh noooo :( sorry man

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
SAB is coming back??????

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rtroa/datamining_something_very_interesting_appeared_in/

Edit: Holy poo poo i guess it is coming back

http://i.imgur.com/MmqrVqC.jpg

Mosthated fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 7, 2015

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

ItBurns posted:

There are several areas in Dragon's Stand where you can find them, including a few patches where there are 5 or 6. They're still exceedingly rare compared to the others.

I'll try to make a map if I do DS tonight and maybe we can have a goon project to fill out the spots. I don't think they're random tbh.

I think you get more pods when more optional events get completed. I've been in poorly-organized maps where the three or so pods around the wyvern in the tiger area don't spawn.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

ItBurns posted:

80 or 319 what?

Edit: Another failed snipe.

80 boons removed in an average stronghold game, usually way more in conquest. The round before I posted that I removed 319 boons.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Are you absolutely sure that you want to pass up both Signets of Suffering and Path of Corruption in what is said to be a boon removing build?

Yes on the signets of suffering, and no on the Path of Corruption. Just swapped it :v:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Schpyder posted:

Welp.

boooooooooooooo :( what am I going to do without you??!?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Maxed out daredevil on my thief, got a new look

Reclaimed skins own btw

Staff is also pretty fun

I don't even care about effectiveness, it looks and feels great

Also I am a ghost now??

woooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

Presented with no comment

:nws: Ban this sick filth :nws:

glide with jumping tonics one day

you might just be pleasantly surprised

Also my salad rev since I missed the rev pics earlier

yeah it's the same as from the beta pics but this time I know what new skins I'm working towards to add to it

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I haven't played since release, should I be salvaging or selling the random gear I find?

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Illuyankas posted:

Also my salad rev since I missed the rev pics earlier

yeah it's the same as from the beta pics but this time I know what new skins I'm working towards to add to it

Hey, wait a minute...

Guess we had the same idea for our revenant looks. :v:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Fractals are now one island instead of three and fifteen minutes rather than fifty. I don't really think it's that surprising they nerfed the rewards. Disappointing, but not surprising.

They are? Holy cow that's great. But now it's not really worth the trouble of putting a group together then. Make a 1-person version maybe, then let groups do 2 stages.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

effectual posted:

But now it's not really worth the trouble of putting a group together then

It really is. I'm doing more fractals now than ever.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Schpyder posted:

Welp.

Oh no! If anything I hope your hard drives are ok! Just think of it as time to upgrade, I guess. :(

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Axialbloom posted:

I ping between 200-300ms in NZ and have to say GW2 plays remarkably well. Barring the once in a blue moon "I swear I dodged that Tequatl wave" I've never really felt hamstrung by my connection speed. It's just that sometimes interacting with select objects, like jump pads, has a tendency to be a little more finicky. Or I just suck at clicking on things.

Pretty much, if you've played with a ping like that youll know that sometimes interacting with stuff doesn't behave as normal.

Now do it 50 times in 2 minutes.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Schpyder posted:

Welp.

i am sorry. i know your pain friend

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Schpyder posted:

Welp.

Oh no, do you know what caused this?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

so i wait forever and buy the butterfly wing backpack expecting them to flap a little with your run cycle.

They don't. They barely even move.

This is pretty much my reaction.

they really could have been great Anet... :cry:

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
There is always a way out when you have dodges for days :c00l:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvooOBjBbYI

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Trebuchet King posted:

Oh no, do you know what caused this?

Well, when I pulled the PSU out, it was rattling. Shook it around a bit and a decent-sized chunk of solder fell out. Whether that was the proximate cause of a short or merely blown off of something else blowing up, I couldn't say.

I think it only burned out one of the rails, one of the LEDs on the motherboard still lights when it's hooked up, but it absolutely will not turn on.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Schpyder posted:

Go on Craigslist and buy a used machine from some college student, it costs like half as much and it's (more?) guaranteed to work.

Just make sure you wipe the hard drives and clean install the OS to get rid of the inevitable malware infestation.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

Five hundo gems.

My precioussssss

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
so why do so many people pretend to be generic white women anyway?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so why do so many people pretend to be generic white women anyway?

because I am a semi generic white woman?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kerrzhe and I have matching dragonfly princesses:

Aegis ruining everything as per usual.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i feel prettyyyy~

oh so prettyyyyy!!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so why do so many people pretend to be generic salads with human women features that only wear cultural armor anyway?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so why do so many people pretend to be slightly tan norn women anyway?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so why do so many people pretend to be generic charr that only wear CoF and cultural armor anyway?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so why do so many people pretend to be generic ironic black norns anyway?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so why do so many people pretend to be generic mushroom head sylvari anyway?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so why do so many people pretend to be generic ironic anime asura anyway?

All of these are pretty good fixes.

Edit:

Oh hey, it's some sylvari wearing cultural armor.

I really like the skin/hair color combo on this human female! And :frogsiren: GOLD HIGHLIGHTS :frogsiren:

I can't tell if this is all cultural because it's from the PSP version of GW2 but it has GOLD HIGHLIGHTS

Captain McStabbin posted:

I'm very guilty of using yellow highlights since I really like using blue or purple, but I was gonna smugly post my rev until I realized I had used yellow on the shoulder ribbon.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 7, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ItBurns posted:

Jealous.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

ItBurns posted:

Edit:

I really like the skin/hair color combo on this human female!

Why do you keep up with this thread if all the posters bother you so much?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

Why do you keep up with this thread if all the posters bother you so much?

Is this some kind of thinly veiled 'you mad bro' question mark

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

ItBurns posted:

all of these are also not nearly as prevalent as the thing i asked about?

like i get it, it's a roleplaying game. i'm asking why so many people settle on the same role to play in a statistically unlikely number

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

ItBurns posted:

Is this some kind of thinly veiled 'you mad bro' question mark

It definitely isn't, but you thinking that it is kind of answers the question, thanks.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I would love to go back to the Zodiac armor to achieve Maximum Sparkle but I don't wanna run out of transmutation charges :smith:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

It definitely isn't, but you thinking that it is kind of answers the question, thanks.

lmao EPIC

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

ItBurns posted:

I really like the skin/hair color combo on this human female! And :frogsiren: GOLD HIGHLIGHTS :frogsiren:

I'm not using any gold though :confused: Granted, I am barely a half step away from cultural so I'll give you that one.

e: nvm, your comment staggering threw me off.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I would love to go back to the Zodiac armor to achieve Maximum Sparkle but I don't wanna run out of transmutation charges :smith:

do some pvp, it shits them at you

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Heavy Lobster posted:

You got nilgoowed

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Solumin posted:

Which is exactly why ANet dropped the XP and gold reward from them. That was the point.

I'm hoping they'll revamp in and return the gold rewards at some point in the future. Having fewer people running dungeons means they don't have to deal with as much whining, I expect.

The point of them nerfing gold and xp for dungeons was to get people to no longer do content within the game? That makes no sense. Just straight up remove them then and focus on fractals.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Oh my gawd those wings. Insta-buy.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Alteisen posted:

The point of them nerfing gold and xp for dungeons was to get people to no longer do content within the game? That makes no sense. Just straight up remove them then and focus on fractals.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Economy-Questions-Repost/first#post5602939

John Smith posted:

Is the intention to deincentivize dungeons
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Spoilers: I was only to take two? - Same fight repeated twice
Well, they never showed up. :smith: - this might be exploitable, I need to test it some more

• Locked thread