Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Combiner wars Reflector would be cool, but a Reflector headmaster with a Reflector head and a weapon that turns into a Reflector camera is something Titan Wars needs to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

The argument came about because the Autobot symbol on Rust Dust is upside-down when you connect her in this way
Just consider it a tribute to a hypothetical G1 Car Robots Destronger. It's what TFCC would do.

SlothfulCobra posted:

You know who I really want to see as part of Combiner Wars? Reflector.
Well... http://www.tfu.info/2014/Decepticon/GenReflector/reflector.htm

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want a CW voyager Perceptor that transforms into a working microscope.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
so someone released a video of SS ranking Chapter 1 of Transformers Devastation, and like I was figuring, you do not need to SS every mission to get the overall SS rank. Some missions appear to be impossible to SS rank.

This is... disappointing but also relaxing.

EDIT: The moment of course that I realize this, I SS rank 1-4

Onmi fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 7, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Tell me is there some book or something that's the equivalent to those "Art of" books or something for any of the major transformer series?

Specifically something that gives diagrams or panoramic shots of unpopulated environments/rooms. I mean Hasbro put out a MLP book that's just like this and I want the transformer version in order to build stuff from it too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Spiderdrake posted:

That ship is part of a series of ships built by the Decepticons before the war started going poorly, Grimlock escaped on one of them. I don't believe they implied they're the same ship, did they? Just that they use those ships in particular.

the one they found Grimsy on was the one that the one with the wooden bot and half built protoforms and it crashed because blood got in the fuel lines, with the implication being that it certainly was a Decepticon ship but it wasn't Decepticons flying it. Also it's said that Grimsy didn't escape, and didn't get captured, he just went missing

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the one they found Grimsy on was the one that the one with...
Yes, you said they implied it was the same ship. I was mildly refuting that.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Tell me is there some book or something that's the equivalent to those "Art of" books or something for any of the major transformer series?
There is an absolutely amazing art book for Fall of Cybertron actually, if that helps, with really good landscape / cityscape shots and all sorts of nice art.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

The Taint Reaper posted:

Specifically something that gives diagrams or panoramic shots of unpopulated environments/rooms. I mean Hasbro put out a MLP book that's just like this and I want the transformer version in order to build stuff from it too.

Once you're done making Twilight's friendship castle make the discotheque from Auto-Bop. You don't need any more reference than the episode and MP Track's body is ready.

e: As an aside, I would like to mention that, in the tiny toy-based universe I am creating, Dr. Scalpel is trying to build himself an imposing robot body, like Krang in the ninja turtles.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Nov 7, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

How long does HLJ shipping usually take? My Tracks is in the mail and I'm impatient.

Did you use SAL or EMS?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

therealjon_ posted:

Did you use SAL or EMS?

SAL

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's the absolutely gorgeous The Ark book, but that's in B&W and focuses on Character Models, there might be some stuff in The Allspark Almanac or the art books for the Cybertron games, or for the Bay movies though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Fall of Cybertron book is really gorgeous. I received it from the Secret Santa a couple of years ago.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Do you mean cracking as in its shoddy, or are you using a slang?

I mean it as slang for 'really good'. The slightly metallic sparkle on the main blue is great.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Big mistake, should have done EMS.

SAL is usually 2-3 weeks. EMS is 2 days and is only like 3 bucks more.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

Goldskull posted:

I mean it as slang for 'really good'. The slightly metallic sparkle on the main blue is great.

Can you compare said sparkle to Binaltech/Alternators Tracks's paintjob? Because that version has a pretty neat sparkle to it too(and also my only point of reference for Tracks)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Sentinel Red posted:

Jeez, Gam, why the dramatic lamentations? It's not Takara or Hasbro's fault, it's purely down to Porsche being precious about their brand. Check any TF site, Jazz is still popular and one of the most demanded characters for the MP treatment but that really doesn't matter a goddamn thing when the company that holds the rights to his G1 alt mode are snooty dicks about it. They cultivate an image that makes a big deal about their design and engineering, one that goofy rear end robots don't figure in to as far they seem to be concerned whenever anyone's been able to get a quote from them on it.

The hilarious part is those godawful pseudo 4x4s, exploding 911s, and lovely, overpriced hard drives are probably doing way more damage to their rep than licensing a toy robot ever will but hey.

Porsche 911s.... EXPLODE? Wait, what?!

Then there's the whole VW emissions scandal.

I also recently traded in an '04 VW Jetta that was my first car and it had a whole host of issues that I'd grown tired of dealing with. Door locks that wouldn't work, broken AC, a computer problems, issues with the fuses, and it needed new brakes... Yeah, I don't think German Engineering is all its cracked up to be. More like German over engineering.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

therealjon_ posted:

Big mistake, should have done EMS.

SAL is usually 2-3 weeks. EMS is 2 days and is only like 3 bucks more.

poo poo. I've learned my lesson. I changed my other orders to EMS.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 7, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sizone posted:

Once you're done making Twilight's friendship castle

It's been done for weeks. :colbert:

poo poo isn't all that difficult to make in Maya

Gammatron 64 posted:

I also recently traded in an '04 VW Jetta that was my first car and it had a whole host of issues that I'd grown tired of dealing with. Door locks that wouldn't work, broken AC, a computer problems, issues with the fuses, and it needed new brakes... Yeah, I don't think German Engineering is all its cracked up to be. More like German over engineering.

German Engineering is the way of designing something, but it costs 4 times as much because they take the most overly complicated way of doing something combined with fixing what isn't broken.

Just look at the cars who have a volume control looking dial that's actually the way to shift into park, drive, reverse or neutral. It also takes the same amount of force to change settings as it does a normal volume control and it's located around the same area where you would find a volume control dial.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 7, 2015

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Smoke posted:

Can you compare said sparkle to Binaltech/Alternators Tracks's paintjob? Because that version has a pretty neat sparkle to it too(and also my only point of reference for Tracks)

Only other Tracks I have is the CHUG one, and the only Alternator I got is Shockblast. The MP one has a really subtle lighter blue speckle in it, as well as being, well, shiny. :shrug:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm not buying the theory that Powermaster Optimus Prime is a retool of Generations Magnus. There's too much poo poo for magnus's transformation that relies on him looking like Ultra Magnus. The only parts that could be re-used for prime would be the Cab Flipping mechanism and how the trailer bed becomes legs.

He would need to be a heavy heavy heavy retool. And not Only that Powermaster Prime has a rectangular cab where as magnus has a much rounder one. The Cab also becomes the chestpiece, unless they add false kibble. Like 80-90% of Prime would have to be brand new poo poo.

I think it's going to be a new mold that can be used for Thunderclash or maybe a Motormaster or a RID Scourge/Nemesis Prime.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 7, 2015

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

German Engineering is the way of designing something, but it costs 4 times as much because they take the most overly complicated way of doing something combined with fixing what isn't broken.

You're looking at the timing chain system for the V8 motor Audi used in its S4 sport sedans and wagons. It's really complicated looking, right? That's not the bad part. The bad part is, the chain tensioners and guides are prone to wearing through, loving up the timing, which fucks up your expensive Audi engine. So, you want to replace them before that happens if you like the motor at all. The worst part: This is the back end of the motor. You have to pull the entire thing out to access any of it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

You're looking at the timing chain system for the V8 motor Audi used in its S4 sport sedans and wagons. It's really complicated looking, right? That's not the bad part. The bad part is, the chain tensioners and guides are prone to wearing through, loving up the timing, which fucks up your expensive Audi engine. So, you want to replace them before that happens if you like the motor at all. The worst part: This is the back end of the motor. You have to pull the entire thing out to access any of it.

imagine getting your finger jammed into one of those things, yikes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

imagine getting your finger jammed into one of those things, yikes.

Yeah... finger.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Joe Fisto posted:

Yeah... finger.

I'm guessing you have a lot of printed out pictures on your wall of Arcee.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Joe Fisto posted:

Yeah... finger.

phantom pains, PHANTOM PAINS!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's been done for weeks. :colbert:

poo poo isn't all that difficult to make in Maya

Just look at the cars who have a volume control looking dial that's actually the way to shift into park, drive, reverse or neutral. It also takes the same amount of force to change settings as it does a normal volume control and it's located around the same area where you would find a volume control dial.

Good thing you can't just do it by mistake. You have to have the brake pedal fully depressed to shift gears.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Porsche 911s.... EXPLODE? Wait, what?!

Then there's the whole VW emissions scandal.

As insane as it may sound, engines in the 911 GT3 had a charming habit of catching alight due to - no poo poo - a loose screw. They recalled almost 800 of the darn things last year..!

Pictured: Superior German Engineering

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Fire Guts Jazz.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

Fire Guts Jazz.

:golfclap:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Phy posted:

Sentinel Red posted:

As insane as it may sound, engines in the 911 GT3 had a charming habit of catching alight due to - no poo poo - a loose screw. They recalled almost 800 of the darn things last year..!

Pictured: Superior German Engineering

Sweet Jesus. This is making me glad I changed my automotive allegiance from Deutschland to Glorious Nippon.

I can't remember what make or model it was, but at once point my roommate had to jumpstart a coworker whose car required you to take the entire engine out just to replace the goddamn car battery. :psyduck: Like, holy poo poo.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Not a bad day hunting the local stores, I found Ultra Magnus at Walmart and got the other three at Ollie's for $7.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did they have more arcees? Would you be able to pick up one for me, I never got one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rythe posted:

Not a bad day hunting the local stores, I found Ultra Magnus at Walmart and got the other three at Ollie's for $7.

Pretty crazy that the Arcee's ended up there. Kind of pokes holes in the whole "oh she was the last of the line so they barely made any" poo poo that people claimed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That...doesn't necessarily do that, really.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Pretty crazy that the Arcee's ended up there. Kind of pokes holes in the whole "oh she was the last of the line so they barely made any" poo poo that people claimed.

On the other hand, they made too many of these:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Did they have more arcees? Would you be able to pick up one for me, I never got one.

They had at least two, if I go by the store in the next day or two I'll grab you one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

That...doesn't necessarily do that, really.

Dozens of people are posting their finds in the FB groups, several hundred Arcess have already been found by one guy's tally.

Edit: In other news I am watching Headmaster episodes with hilariously bad english dubs and holy poo poo did they not even try with this.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 7, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's not a matter of Hasbro going "oh, we don't make as many in the final wave, they don't sell as well" and more a matter of stores going "lol we don't loving put the boxes on the shelves in a timely fashion, look at our empty but for RID and Shampoo Bottle Transformers selection, hurp dee dee, Roadbuster is a new one, isn't it? Amanda Megantron? Why buy any new cases to put out for people to buy? Rainbowbeard, why don't you just shop online exclusively now."

EDIT: I'm going to have to hunt down another Legends Shockwave at retail so Bruticus can dual-wield, I'm not going to buy a whole case from BBTS. :shudder:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 7, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I mean, that's what we all assumed, but then BBTS has had her up for order for like a year.

She just got pushed out by the end of line crunch. And probably sexism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

I mean, that's what we all assumed, but then BBTS has had her up for order for like a year.

She just got pushed out by the end of line crunch. And probably sexism.

I dunno if it's sexism since all the ladies were repainted into SDCC exclusives. And then there's the all female combiner and female headmasters coming up.

I'm temped to get Nightbird so I could have Arcee mold #3 but it might come out in America.