Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Malek posted:

Or Fair Use per Copyright Law...

the content owners are indeed being extremely fair in letting us use software we pay for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Buy it as you normally would (buying while connected to VPN might result in an insta-ban of your account), preload the game, then on release day connect to a VPN with a New Zealand endpoint.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

New Leaf posted:

Do we know Never Ending is literally infinite ammo, or does it just not have an ammo capacity and runs through all the ammo you have rather than having to reload? It says "infinite ammo CAPACITY", not flat out "infinite ammo".

Also, can we add these ourselves with gun modding or are these things that are only on random items?

It's not infinite ammo, you just never have to reload. If a weapon has an ammo cycle (i.e. the hunting rifles pulling back its bolt after each shot) it still has to go through that. So that prefix seems to be best on machine guns.

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer

Sputty posted:

Supermutants don't have genitals but presumably robots could be made with genitals. At least I hope so. What use are robots without cocks, balls and vags?

Oh they have the equipment - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Francis_(Fallout_2)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lakbay posted:

It's not infinite ammo, you just never have to reload. If a weapon has an ammo cycle (i.e. the hunting rifles pulling back its bolt after each shot) it still has to go through that. So that prefix seems to be best on machine guns.

I would love to have a neverending double barrel.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

Lotish posted:

I would love to have a neverending double barrel.

Hell on Earth

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

ymgve posted:

Buy it as you normally would (buying while connected to VPN might result in an insta-ban of your account), preload the game, then on release day connect to a VPN with a New Zealand endpoint.

Allright, that seems easy. Thanks!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The special gun prefix stuff is really dumb and bugs me, IT BREAKS MY IMMERSION. Perks having goofy bonuses is fine because they are an abstract thing. They aren't "real." Having the Revolver Of Ghoul Slaying is bad because the revolver is an object in the world. What makes this gun better at killing ghouls but not better at killing anything else? This shotgun has infinite capacity, did a wizard make it?

It's not a huge deal or anything but it breaks the spell and that's annoying in a game like this where you are ostensibly supposed to lose yourself in the world.

Also it reminds me of Borderlands which is unforgivable.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I'm really glad the protagonist isn't an android or whatever that theory was. I mean, the actually storyline sounds retarded, but that idea was worse.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Did the guy really like say he was gonna stop streaming it? or was I just half asleep when he said it?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pwnstar posted:

The special gun prefix stuff is really dumb and bugs me, IT BREAKS MY IMMERSION. Perks having goofy bonuses is fine because they are an abstract thing. They aren't "real." Having the Revolver Of Ghoul Slaying is bad because the revolver is an object in the world. What makes this gun better at killing ghouls but not better at killing anything else? This shotgun has infinite capacity, did a wizard make it?

It's not a huge deal or anything but it breaks the spell and that's annoying in a game like this where you are ostensibly supposed to lose yourself in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBZClrxDLQ

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

A. Beaverhausen posted:

That one dude was playing a PC copy somehow.

Private :(

Well it was the menu scren, then the intro cinematic all in german, then that disapears into mist and suddenly your at the mirror making your dude, he runs around a bit, the make it to the vault, take their jumpsuits, and you go in one cryo chamber, and your wife and baby go into the one oppisite you and you chill out.

Some time later you see some guy open your wifes cryo chamber, take the baby, and when the wife objects shoots her in the head. Im thinking this is a guy your going to end up killing. He passes out again, then defrosts some time later. After that he climbed out and that s where the video ended

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Pwnstar posted:

SCIENCE MAGICK

In all honesty, a lot of this series is so silly and weird that it doesn't bother me. Among my first perks is going to be Gun Nut because I really want to dig into the weapon building game.

Edit: Obligatory

But yeah, I get where you're coming from. It does seem like a rather big change to introduce, but they're entirely changing a lot of established things.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 7, 2015

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Story could've been anything - android, clone, whatever. A lot of plots sound stupid when condensed - a good execution usually makes up for it.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

ymgve posted:

That seems like a good plan .. wait
Im already in New Zealand!

video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5fyePcq_GM someone grab it and put it somewhere before its taken down

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Obligatory

kinda late in the thread to post that tbh

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

New Leaf posted:

SCIENCE MAGICK

In all honesty, a lot of this series is so silly and weird that it doesn't bother me. Among my first perks is going to be Gun Nut because I really want to dig into the weapon building game.

Edit: Obligatory

Yeah but its silly and weird in the wrong way! All will bow down to my ideologically correct opinions on Fallout minutiae.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Pwnstar posted:

This but unironically. Why couldn't they have some interns spend 3 days to make some custom textures to make a bunch of unique guns and squirrel them away across the game?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

HardKase posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5fyePcq_GM someone grab it and put it somewhere before its taken down

Is that you talking? Because you need to stop. You're ruining the game.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Father Wendigo posted:

This but unironically. Why couldn't they have some interns spend 3 days to make some custom textures to make a bunch of unique guns and squirrel them away across the game?

Because those interns were busy making all the other textures

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
If I can't play as a brain floating in a gefilte fish jar attached to a robot body with the name HARRY BOZACKS on a brass plaque hanging from the front of it attached to a robot body not unlike the robot from lost in space well then gently caress my verisimilitude

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you see this comic represents people who are preordering fallout 4 after seeing the shadows.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
[e]: whoops.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 7, 2015

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=T1dMk9OqpW4

stream here from the start of the game, looks like the Xbone version

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Pwnstar posted:

My interest in the game went up after learning about the change to loot. Using the same gun for 60+ hours in 3 and NV was pretty boring.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pwnstar posted:

If they just had some dumb flavor text box on every single one explaining the SCIENCE! behind it would that fix the game for you? Would the gameplay be actually better if it mentioned the gun contained a toxin application module that was best suited to shutting down the neural processes of ghouls or that the shotgun uses the teleportation technology from the institute to feed bullets from your backpack or whatever. Just fan fiction your own lore reasons the guns work the way it does. They don't really go outside the stuff fallout science is shown to be able to do.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Yes because then they'd be unique weapons as opposed to +5 Pistol of Burning.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Bardeh posted:

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=T1dMk9OqpW4

stream here from the start of the game, looks like the Xbone version

Guy is a loud mouth breather, really annoying

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Father Wendigo posted:

They did.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Grapplejack posted:

Man his game has started seriously making GBS threads itself

Uhh, Borderlands is loving epic, dude.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

can you scrap the uniques and use their prefixes in something else? Make a Neverending Mutant Burning Railway Rifle?

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY

New Leaf posted:

Is that you talking? Because you need to stop. You're ruining the game.

Nope not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD7IANLDbq0

more video

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Goatfather posted:

you see this comic represents people who are posting in the Fallout 4 thread.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im going to gently caress my dead gay son

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

CharlestonJew posted:

im going to gently caress my dead gay son

son gay. so what?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Apparently on both consoles there's really bad input lag and frame drops as soon as you load into the open world from the opening vault. It's stopping me from pressing buy.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I'm just really curious now why there are no shadows indoors.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Baller Time posted:

I'm just really curious now why there are no shadows indoors.

Lack of cpu cycles probably.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Apparently on both consoles there's really bad input lag and frame drops as soon as you load into the open world from the opening vault. It's stopping me from pressing buy.

well those amazing graphics and animations come at a cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Grapplejack posted:

You can gently caress Mrs Handy, but not Mr Handy

yeah, ok. sure

this is BULLSHIT

• Locked thread