Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Speedball posted:

Yeah, there's a number of "control vaults" where everything works as intended, no social experiments, and a few where the experiments didn't kill off everyone inside, including good ol' Vault 13 and Vault 101 from Fallouts 1 and 3, respectively. But they're the exception rather than the norm.

There were several vaults in New Vegas where people were living up in the vaults and poo poo. One was even a bigass hotel you always got lost in trying to find BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

Khanstant posted:

There were several vaults in New Vegas where people were living up in the vaults and poo poo. One was even a bigass hotel you always got lost in trying to find BS.

The only Vault that wasn't some kind of nightmare in NV was Vault 21 in downtown New Vegas, which House pretty much conquered. It actually has a neat backstory where it was filled with compulsive gamblers and every dispute was solved with gambling.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_21

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

RUDE ROBOT posted:

This streamer has a habit of intentionally stopping what he is doing to leer at female character model's asses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AMvsyL770

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The one gang who was really into drugs lived in a Vault.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Fiends and Powder Gangers had occupied a couple of vaults, but they weren't full of Vault Dwellers anymore.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there any stream out there that doesn't lag every 5 seconds for 30 seconds?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ohhhh, sorry I misunderstood. You mean OG vault folk.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Speedball posted:

Fiends and Powder Gangers had occupied a couple of vaults, but they weren't full of Vault Dwellers anymore.

The powder ganger vault specifically was a massive failure because the vault was designed with a red and blue side, each side being identical. people felt that those on either side were worse than the other, and that caused issues where they killed each other. (I think due to mental suggestion of some sort.) the same thing started happening to the powder gangers, but they just kill whichever leader doesn't get their way.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 7, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, I installed a non-steam game onto Steam

I named it Fallout 4

I start it up, and one of my friends immediately messages me with "You are not playing fallout 4"

Dammit.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The streamer is playing the audio of some sort of interview with Todd Howard - presumably at the launch party? This interviewer is somehow even more punchable than him

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

BillmasterCozb posted:

So, I installed a non-steam game onto Steam

I named it Fallout 4

I start it up, and one of my friends immediately messages me with "You are not playing fallout 4"

Dammit.

your Papyrus's avatar fits pretty well with this post

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

postal 4 looks great

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Colon Semicolon posted:

The powder ganger vault specifically was a massive failure because the vault was designed with a red and blue side, each side being identical. people felt that those on either side were worse than the other, and that caused issues where they killed each other. (I think due to mental suggestion of some sort.) the same thing started happening to the powder gangers, but they just kill whichever leader doesn't get their way.

They recruited people with high susceptibility to mental illness and then a sulfur leak ended up degenerating matters even further

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Companion Info

The annoying kid from Little Lamplight lmao

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

:roboluv:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frajaq posted:

Companion Info

gently caress

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I was about to complain how you cannot gently caress the mutant or the androids, but then I noticed that you can gently caress the ghoul and the robot...

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003
Kill all mungos.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mutants don't have any "stuff" and the synths very likely don't either.

the real question is why can you bang one robot and not the other?

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

NecroMonster posted:

Don't worry, someone :nexus: will fix that

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

frajaq posted:

Companion Info

You can gently caress Mrs Handy, but not Mr Handy

yeah, ok. sure

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they better not give mutants wing wangs my lorespergers will go just loving haywire

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Are there any gay romances or is it just bi females only like last time

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lets have an argument over whether or not ghouls penises fall off like their noses do

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Grapplejack posted:

for some reason I was thinking you could bang Raul from NV but I don't think I'm right

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
There's a reprogrammed securibot named Fister Roboto somewhere in Vegas. Best part is, it might be learning

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Grapplejack posted:

I'm pretty sure arcade from new vegas was gay, but I'll double check.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

I don't really care when the relationships are literally PRESS X TO ADVANCE RELATIONSHIP

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Can someone link the (racist?) non-streamcountry.com stream? May as well check it out while he looks for a new streaming service or eats or whatever he's doing.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

My male character better be able to ride paladin danse's power dong ffs

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bholder posted:

I was about to complain how you cannot gently caress the mutant or the androids, but then I noticed that you can gently caress the ghoul and the robot...

FISTO will always be my one true love.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

NecroMonster posted:

look who didn't take Marcus to the brothel in FO2

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I got confirmation that human characters are all bi, so there you go.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/everything-we-learned-about-fallout-4-from-quakecon-2015-3422243 Unless i'm misreading this?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Judging from the snippet under the chart there, they half-assedly implemented their own award winning emergent gameplay with the companions.

"Oh no, If I do something my companion doesn't like they'll react to it, even negatively? Cool! Oh wait they'll stay your companion no matter what, huh?"

Bring your Ghoul companion to the Ghoul Gas Chambers: He'll lock the doors and drop in the zyklon-b, just expect a snarky jab at the player character for making him do it before he turns the corner and forgets it ever happened.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grapplejack posted:

yeah, ok. sure

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there any stream out there that doesn't lag every 5 seconds for 30 seconds?

no

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Streamcountry guy says his stream will be back up in 2 minutes, and that the new service has no lag, FWIW.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Pastor Perineum posted:

My male character better be able to ride paladin danse's power dong ffs

You're in luck, friend

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Grapplejack posted:

yeah, ok. sure

Codsworth knows what kinda poo poo you're into and he's just not down with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Seashell Salesman posted:

Streamcountry guy says his stream will be back up in 2 minutes, and that the new service has no lag, FWIW.

HAHAHAHA it's a youtube streaming whatever stream. This is gonna last like 5 minutes tops.

• Locked thread