Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Clumsy Card House posted:

Working at a pet store is a good way to burn yourself out on stupid people, my favorite were parents that insisted on getting a hamster for their toddler.

"Oh we want one that's not gonna bite our little Jimmy".

Well guess what, 90% of hamsters are assholes and the remaining 10% will bite when your young child inevitably squeezes it too hard.

And no, you can't keep a guinea pig in that hamster cage. And no, you can't keep that bag of fish in your car while you go shopping for two hours in the middle of summer. And yes, your rabbit needs water to live (yes I was legitimately asked this one time holy poo poo).

Dumb customers are my pet peeve.

Whenever I go to Petsmart to buy stuff for my chinchillas I just have to keep my head down and try to tune out the idiots shopping in the small animal section and get my poo poo and get out as fast as possible. I've started having to order most of my chinchilla supplies online now, I don't know if it's this particular region or what but all the small animal stuff they stock now is that brightly colored extremely unhealthy and actually sometimes toxic poo poo for hamsters and gently caress you if you own any other type of small animal. I guess they just figure the hamsters are going to get neglected to death before they have a chance to die of malnutrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Thin Privilege posted:

People who don't turn on red where there's no sign forbidding it, or who ignore things like "no turn on red 4pm to 6pm" and wait for a green at all times, and ignoring the 10 piled up cars behind them, all blaring on their horns.

There was an intersection like this near me where someone put up a homemade election-style sign that said LEFT TURN ON RED IS LEGAL HERE!(one way street turning on to another one way street)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peeve: motherfucking doctors who forget to loving SIGN THE GODDAMN PRESCRIPTION. I went to the office yesterday to pick up this loving thing because the painkiller is controlled substance so the pharmacy needs the loving paper copy. Aaaaand the thing isn't there. So I go back today after being assured the prescription is there. And it's still not. So after we finally call the loving doctor's office again they laugh and say they found it but it isn't signed so tomorrow it should be ready. Maybe. If he remembers to sign it today and put it where the secretary can find it.

Where do you live that you still get paper prescriptions? I haven't been given an actual piece of paper for a prescription in like a decade. Even when I need painkillers it's still sent direct to the pharmacy electronically.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I worked in the pet food industry for a few years and by-product is not necessarily a bad thing, nor is "meal"; meal just refers to a dried version of a meat. By-product is like, heads and feet, which your cat would probably eat anyway, given the chance. As long as they NAME the meat, you are probably fine. It's all the other poo poo they stick in there.

Also, 90% of cats I've seen eat nothing but lovely drug store food get diabeetus. There is a balance between hyper gourmet cat food and Friskies.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

bradzilla posted:

Where do you live that you still get paper prescriptions? I haven't been given an actual piece of paper for a prescription in like a decade. Even when I need painkillers it's still sent direct to the pharmacy electronically.

There are some medications that, at least in the US, you have to call in to your doctor yourself, physically go pick up the paper yourself, and bring the paper to the pharmacy, every time you need it refilled. The only ones I know of are certain painkillers and Adderall. Some of them you're not even allowed to get a 90-day prescription for, it has to be monthly.

It's annoying.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Turn arrows: there's also where it IS a no turn on red (or there's pedestrians crossing) but the assholes behind you start honking. One time I was turning right but there was a train coming, and there is an electronic no turn arrow that turns on when the train gates are down. Some crazy lady was honking, and after I wouldn't move she DROVE UP ONTO THE CURB to get around me. She still had to wait for the train. It was seriously :psyduck:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Parasol Prophet posted:

There are some medications that, at least in the US, you have to call in to your doctor yourself, physically go pick up the paper yourself, and bring the paper to the pharmacy, every time you need it refilled. The only ones I know of are certain painkillers and Adderall. Some of them you're not even allowed to get a 90-day prescription for, it has to be monthly.

It's annoying.

Yup. Got tramadol from my dentist, I had to get a paper script, take it to the pharmacy, and wait the hour it took to get it filled for 'safety reasons". Extremely annoying when you've got a gaping hole in your face from getting wisdom teeth taken out.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Another one that just came up. When people specifically highlight that there were CHILDREN involved in an accident, as if that somehow makes that accident more significant, and that the deaths of those children are seemingly more important than the deaths of the adults involved.

Take this comment from a nytimes article

quote:

the air plane crashed killing 224 people among them innocent children

And the adults aren't innocent too? Why are only the children innocent? Would it be just kind of bad if it was just adults who died, but since there's children involved it's a tragedy? What make the children so special?

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
i dunno exactly why but don't you get that weird full body aluminum foil chewing cringe feeling when you see a child hurt themselves, especially if they totally eat poo poo + are instantly wailing

its like that but more abstract

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

im full of poo poo posted:

i dunno exactly why but don't you get that weird full body aluminum foil chewing cringe feeling when you see a child hurt themselves, especially if they totally eat poo poo + are instantly wailing

Maybe I'm low on the empathy scale but I just feel bad for the kid. Not a full on shudder thing. Though I've only seen skinned knees, not extremely violent tragedies. To those I just get a shitton of dread, like a pile of bricks collapsing in my stomach. Or, I guess, the feeling of your stomach dropping? Whatever the phrase is.

Peeve:

Oh, hm, I need another email for a new project so I dont give away my other emails that are linked to Things. Gmail is pretty good.

The very next day/attempt to sign in:

"Oh there's oh so suspicious activity on the account you JUST created not even twelve hours ago. Give me your phone # to '''''''''''verify'''''''''' thnx"

What the gently caress gmail it's attached to another email for security purposes what the gently caress do you need my phone number for?? gently caress off entirely. Just send an email to the attached account. gently caress you even more. gently caress is this poo poo??

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
they do that to prevent people from using gmail as a throwaway email service because people doing that frequently are doing something illegal or otherwise shameful

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
The bars on my ground floor apartment in a nice neighborhood. They're ugly, I hate them and they only managed to delay my drunken, keyless break in by 5 seconds. And no, I didn't slip through, I ripped the fucker off the living room window. They were preventing absolutely nothing, all along. Plus, I have a dog who would maul any actual intruder who isn't me or my roommate.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

im full of poo poo posted:

No, I don't think there's anything special about kids getting hurt vs adults and in fact kids' wailing is really annoying.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

cash crab posted:

I worked in the pet food industry for a few years and by-product is not necessarily a bad thing, nor is "meal"; meal just refers to a dried version of a meat. By-product is like, heads and feet, which your cat would probably eat anyway, given the chance. As long as they NAME the meat, you are probably fine. It's all the other poo poo they stick in there.

Also, 90% of cats I've seen eat nothing but lovely drug store food get diabeetus. There is a balance between hyper gourmet cat food and Friskies.

quote:

This rendering process not only separates fat and removes water to create a concentrated protein product, it also kills bacteria, viruses, parasites and other organisms. Because meat can be rid of infectious agents through the rendering process, “4D” animals (dead, dying, diseased or disabled) are allowable chicken meal ingredients. While not always present, the possible inclusion of these ingredients makes chicken meal always considered unfit for human consumption

From Wikipedia.

You can't really say that it's all that great when they're literally using diseased animals for the ingredients. I've also found massive chunks of bones in premium quality canned wetfood so I'm not really sold on the whole "teehee this $60 bag a month catfood is totally better than the other stuff!"

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I feel worse when I see an adult slip and eat poo poo, kids heal fast and the tears are generally for attention (they almost all universally look around to see if someone's watching before the water works start).

Peeve: The assholes who park on the street in my neighborhood. The streets are narrow so if some assbag parks on the street there's only room for one car to drive past which creates fun games of chicken with oncoming cars every time I need to drive anywhere. Every single house in this neighborhood has a two car garage AND a two+ car driveway so even if your garage is so full of poo poo you can't fit your cars in it (this is another peeve of mine) you can still park them in your motherfucking driveway and NOT THE STREET GODDAMNIT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

From Wikipedia.

You can't really say that it's all that great when they're literally using diseased animals for the ingredients. I've also found massive chunks of bones in premium quality canned wetfood so I'm not really sold on the whole "teehee this $60 bag a month catfood is totally better than the other stuff!"

Cats do eat bones. I have seen them swallow entire heads of stuff, so I wouldn't be concerned about that too much. And yes, most pet food companies use really lovely quality meat. What I am saying is that it's still meat, and a product that uses mostly meat is probably better than one that artificially ups the protein content exclusively with corn. And I have honestly never seen a $60 bag of cat food. A bag of Natural Balance is like, $18 and it's not bad food.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

cash crab posted:

Cats do eat bones. I have seen them swallow entire heads of stuff, so I wouldn't be concerned about that too much. And yes, most pet food companies use really lovely quality meat. What I am saying is that it's still meat, and a product that uses mostly meat is probably better than one that artificially ups the protein content exclusively with corn. And I have honestly never seen a $60 bag of cat food. A bag of Natural Balance is like, $18 and it's not bad food.

http://www.amazon.com/EVO-Turkey-Chicken-Kitten-Food/dp/B000WFEMHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446925087&sr=8-1&keywords=innova+evo

They used to be good but then Purina bought them, and now it's literally the same as Purina's other garbage food.

E: I will argue that (before it was bought by Purina) it was cost effective because you didn't have to feed them very much due to the high calorie content, so that bag would last like ~6 months between 5 cats. But when Purina bought them it was SUCH an obvious difference in terms of how it looked and smelled .

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Nov 7, 2015

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
When I see a list of the deadliest animals and things like rats and mosquitoes are at the top. That's bullshit.

A hippo loving you up is not the same as a mosquito transmitting a disease, and the latter should not count. The malaria virus killed them, not the mosquito. Snake bites do count because they produce the venom.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's getting to be that time of year when it starts getting colder than 70 degrees. This always means public transport vehicles, whether they be trains, trams, buses or whatever, decide to crank up the heat. I can't stand this. If it's 50 degrees outside it's a little too cold to not wear a jacket, but when you step onto the tram it's like walking into a drat sauna. You have to choose every morning whether you want to freeze on the way to the tram or wear weather-appropriate clothing and sweat your rear end off on the way in to work.

I could understand keeping the thing heated to like 70 degrees or something normal, but why is it that they always crank it way the gently caress up to where you'd even sweat wearing shorts and a tshirt? Unless you're in the drat arctic, let trams and buses have the same interior temperature as outside so people don't have to remove their huge bulky jackets just to be comfortable.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Thin Privilege posted:

http://www.amazon.com/EVO-Turkey-Chicken-Kitten-Food/dp/B000WFEMHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446925087&sr=8-1&keywords=innova+evo

They used to be good but then Purina bought them, and now it's literally the same as Purina's other garbage food.

E: I will argue that (before it was bought by Purina) it was cost effective because you didn't have to feed them very much due to the high calorie content, so that bag would last like ~6 months between 5 cats. But when Purina bought them it was SUCH an obvious difference in terms of how it looked and smelled .

Oh, yeaaah. I forgot that happened. Yes, the difference is pretty staggering, esp. in their coats.

Cat-related pet peeve: my cat steals my underwear and leaves them in the living room. This is a step up from my old cat, Igor, who would gently take unused tampons out of the box in the bathroom and drop them in the living room, but only when we had guests.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Master Twig posted:

When I see a list of the deadliest animals and things like rats and mosquitoes are at the top. That's bullshit.

A hippo loving you up is not the same as a mosquito transmitting a disease, and the latter should not count. The malaria virus killed them, not the mosquito. Snake bites do count because they produce the venom.

Malaria is not a virus.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is there are word for a complete lack of sense of property, people who don't understand that not everything is theirs to treat carelessly as they please? If I started listing examples I'd get angry and this post would lose coherence but holy poo poo the rest of my family does this all the goddamn time and it's infuriating. That's not yours! I can't easily get that again! You're going to ruin it for gently caress's sake!

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

Basically this. No matter what the cat food you're going to be buying is either gonna be trash, include trash, or trash your cat's digestive system and give them the most disgusting wet farts because oh no your cat doesn't like rice and chicken and needs corn and salmon instead. And once you do find one that your cat eats, doesn't turn their litter box into biological warfare launch center and is cost effective the company gets bought out or changes the recipe.

gently caress yooooou pet food companies!

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back

AlphaKretin posted:

Is there are word for a complete lack of sense of property, people who don't understand that not everything is theirs to treat carelessly as they please? If I started listing examples I'd get angry and this post would lose coherence but holy poo poo the rest of my family does this all the goddamn time and it's infuriating. That's not yours! I can't easily get that again! You're going to ruin it for gently caress's sake!

My sister is a real fuckin magpie. When I lived at home, she would just take everything. Tweezers, matches, combs, but what annoyed me most was the socks. She would just take my socks out of the drier for work, and not bother putting them back in in pairs. I lost so many good socks this way.

The worst thing is it always sounds like a ridiculous thing to get annoyed over. Stop stealing my socks :saddowns:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I've seriously had to tell grown-rear end adults I work with to "look with your eyes, not your hands" like they're kindergarteners. Seriously who picks up someone else's water bottle to look at by grabbing the spout?! Ugh.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

AlphaKretin posted:

I had so many old roommates like this. Actually, one of my roommates now is like this, but (luckily?) he tends to gravitate towards my boyfriend's stuff as he owns much more interesting and expensive things than me. Some people have this idea that if someone is inside their living space, then it's their's.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

ElwoodCuse posted:

There was an intersection like this near me where someone put up a homemade election-style sign that said LEFT TURN ON RED IS LEGAL HERE!(one way street turning on to another one way street)

The one-way to one-way intersection near me is always a strange experience.

Maybe 30% of people know you can left-turn on red.

I think other people get really worked up about it too - or excited about a left-on-red type situation. When I pull up to it and make my requisite stop (like you do at any Red), the person behind me often will instantly honk, as if I don't know I can turn. They're just so excited to go left on red, they just can't wait!

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
My co workers have practically moved in to work. We share a small workspace and a very tiny break room and some people will bring so much food that it will pile up and be forgotten. We only have two mini fridges and they're full of stuff like full sized bottles of salad dressing so I can't ever fit my actual lunch that I brought for the day in. There's a whole storage shelf dedicated to tampons and another to empty and unwashed long forgotten Tupperware.

NarwhalParty has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Nov 9, 2015

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

NarwhalParty posted:

My co workers have practically moved in to work. We share a small workspace and a very tiny break room and some people will bring so much food that it will pile up and be forgotten. We only have two mini fridges and they're full of stuff like full sized bottles of salad dressing so I can't ever fit my actual lunch that I brought for the day in. There's a whole shelf dedicated to tampons and another to empty and unwashed long forgotten Tupperware.

Tampons? People refrigerate their tampons? Or are they used ones folks are saving for later?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bradzilla posted:

And the doctors still gently caress that up. As someone who works in a pharmacy, I get paper, electronic, and faxed (yeah, the volume of faxed RXs is staggering), and the doctor's office can't even do the basic things. Here's an electronic RX for John Smith. No other form of identification is given. No social, no medicare number, no address, no DOB. Nothing at all. And then we have to call them to get the information, and it's always followed by an exasperated sigh, and the message "The doctor is really busy right now. You'll have to call back later."

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

meiram posted:

Tampons? People refrigerate their tampons? Or are they used ones folks are saving for later?

How else do you get that "fresh" feeling?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I feel worse when I see an adult slip and eat poo poo, kids heal fast and the tears are generally for attention (they almost all universally look around to see if someone's watching before the water works start).

Peeve: The assholes who park on the street in my neighborhood. The streets are narrow so if some assbag parks on the street there's only room for one car to drive past which creates fun games of chicken with oncoming cars every time I need to drive anywhere. Every single house in this neighborhood has a two car garage AND a two+ car driveway so even if your garage is so full of poo poo you can't fit your cars in it (this is another peeve of mine) you can still park them in your motherfucking driveway and NOT THE STREET GODDAMNIT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

This so hard. Every house in my neighborhood has a two car garage and most people put their extra vehicle in the drive way instead of the street. But there are certain people that always have a car on the road. And it's always some huge van or truck or some poo poo.

It's the lowest class poo poo I can think of. Only the very wealthy or irresponsible working class have so many vehicles they can't garage them all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jastiger posted:

This so hard. Every house in my neighborhood has a two car garage and most people put their extra vehicle in the drive way instead of the street. But there are certain people that always have a car on the road. And it's always some huge van or truck or some poo poo.

It's the lowest class poo poo I can think of. Only the very wealthy or irresponsible working class have so many vehicles they can't garage them all.

I think I posted this exact complaint earlier in the topic. Today there was some kind of emergency and a fire truck/ambulance duo needed access to a house :shepface: they could barely get up the narrow street, which was supposed to be a two-lane but barely fits most cars in a single middle lane due to all the trucks and poo poo parked on the street. Then they had to just park in the middle of the street because the idiots dying inside had their whole house blocked off with vehicles.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

meiram posted:

Yes, I too, would like clarification.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
i believe that the tampons were on a shelf, along with the old tupperware, that is outside of the fridge, and was kind of a separate complaint

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Murphy Brownback posted:

I could understand keeping the thing heated to like 70 degrees or something normal, but why is it that they always crank it way the gently caress up to where you'd even sweat wearing shorts and a tshirt? Unless you're in the drat arctic, let trams and buses have the same interior temperature as outside so people don't have to remove their huge bulky jackets just to be comfortable.

I hate this too. Plus, they've started rolling out these new buses around here that have no openable windows for the back half of the bus so unless the front windows are already open or you're able to get up and open them yourself then you get to sweat to death!

Peeve:
Websites that don't tell you whether or not they want you to put spaces in your credit card number when you're buying something. Whichever format you pick first is almost always wrong, and then sometimes they make you type the entire number over again UGH :saddowns:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

It's getting to be that time of year when it starts getting colder than 70 degrees. This always means public transport vehicles, whether they be trains, trams, buses or whatever, decide to crank up the heat. I can't stand this. If it's 50 degrees outside it's a little too cold to not wear a jacket, but when you step onto the tram it's like walking into a drat sauna. You have to choose every morning whether you want to freeze on the way to the tram or wear weather-appropriate clothing and sweat your rear end off on the way in to work.

You'd love the bus I took on friday. The weather was about 50 F, and the AC was on full blast in the bus. Why.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
It's not just busses, I feel like every place I go in this time of year has the temperature way too high. It's been low sixties/high fifties here, and I've been perfectly fine with a light leather jacket. Why does my bank have the heat at eighty? It's fine at restaurants and bars, because I can just take my coat off, but it's really uncomfortable in places where I'm kinda stuck wearing it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Wedemeyer posted:

You'd love the bus I took on friday. The weather was about 50 F, and the AC was on full blast in the bus. Why.

I live on a tropical island and occasionally the bus will have its heat on full blast. Imagine being stuck on a crowded bus, fat people standing moob to moob, the few of us sitting are getting asses or guts in the face unless we're lucky enough to have a window seat in which case we're getting pressed against the wall by our desperately escaping aisle seat neighbor. And then the heat. And the stench of sweat. On top of an already hot, sweaty body mass. I want to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Websites that don't tell you whether or not they want you to put spaces in your credit card number when you're buying something. Whichever format you pick first is almost always wrong, and then sometimes they make you type the entire number over again UGH :saddowns:

What websites make you put spaces in your credit card number?