Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
"I think episodes 406 through 409 might be one of our strongest stretches ever on the show." -Stephen Amell

Get............hype....? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Eh, he always says that. (Except during season 3.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Eh, he always says that. (Except during season 3.)

And he's always right.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I don't know anything about Constantine, so maybe I'm wrong about this, but I thought this guy did an amazing job with the part.

Arrow Season 4 - A Very Specific Kind of Yummy

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mastajake posted:

I don't know anything about Constantine, so maybe I'm wrong about this, but I thought this guy did an amazing job with the part.

No he's great.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah I really wish Matt Ryan could be given R-rated material to cut loose with because he nails Constantine.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

mastajake posted:

He is even better if you've read Constantine, cuz Matt Ryan IS John Constantine.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Huh, I did even realize he was the voice/mocap for rear end Creed: Black Flag

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

mastajake posted:

Arrow Season 4 - 5 Years in Hellblazer

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah I really wish Matt Ryan could be given R-rated material to cut loose with because he nails Constantine.

Speaking of that, is there some sort of weird S&P reason why Constantine was just flicking a lighter but never smoking?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Speaking of that, is there some sort of weird S&P reason why Constantine was just flicking a lighter but never smoking?

What is the CW's rules on smoking on screen?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Most likely the Marvel rules these days: only established characters who smoke for years in the comics (basically Wolverine) or villains.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

flosofl posted:

Are you sure? It's still listed in Amazon Prime US, but when you select each episode it's just says "unavailable"

Yes I watched 2 episodes yesterday

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Most likely the Marvel rules these days: only established characters who smoke for years in the comics (basically Wolverine) or villains.

If that were the case then Constantine would have been a blonde mop and tie in a haze of smoke. I remember there was the most minor of controversies because NBC wouldn't let Constantine smoke last year, it might just be a continuation of that.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I thought that was illegal in the US?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Party Plane Jones posted:

You realize that would apply to Constantine, right?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mooseontheloose posted:

I thought that was illegal in the US?

It just bumps your rating

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Neo_Crimson posted:

At least he asked for a cigarette...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Neo_Crimson posted:

NBC didn't let him smoke either. It's not illegal but you'd get a shitload of parent groups whining about it.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

And they did eventually show him smoking in Constantine

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He always had a lit ciggy, in his hand, in his ear, in an ashtray, even in his mouth. It was a really weird thing for people to complain about

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Didn't he toss a lit cigarette to the ground at one point? Pretty sure it was implied, just not shown on screen.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I'd be okay with Constantine dropping by once or twice a season on Arrow and Flash, helping them out with magical poo poo, dropping hints about how the plots that began in his show turned out. "Yeah, mate, happy to help, but can we make it quick? Only I'm at war with Heaven right now, you know how it is."

Also, I wanna see a cameo with Mark Valley as Christopher Chance.

That's definitely a cameo I want to see.

I like the idea of having secondary characters weave in and out of the various shows but it really needs to be planned out well on both ends.

The first round of Arrow/Flash crossovers were good but the second set felt really hamfisted. Having the Flash show up at Nanda Parbat and then gently caress off right before everything went down was really stupid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Didn't he toss a lit cigarette to the ground at one point? Pretty sure it was implied, just not shown on screen.

Yeah, when Oliver calls him it pans up from that.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I'm not sure if the rules were relaxed on Constantine the show or if the writing was just on the wall by the end but John lighting up in a church on a prayer candle on his show was character perfect.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Kegslayer posted:

I like the idea of having secondary characters weave in and out of the various shows but it really needs to be planned out well on both ends.

Now I want Jackie Earle Haley as Guerrero to show up.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They started having him smoke on his own show when the producers found out they were getting the axe. What was NBC gonna do, fire them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

They started having him smoke on his own show when the producers found out they were getting the axe. What was NBC gonna do, fire them?

Even before that they were pushing it, they had him smoking but the hand holding the cig was obscured by a pitcher of beer. I did love when they went nuts had had him light up with the candle in the church.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm binge watching this show and Flash when I get to it on Netflix, I'm on Season 2 Episode 14 right now. Is it just me or are 90% of the characters in this show really insufferable people? Felicity and Diggle might be the only two characters who aren't complete assholes so far.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I'm binge watching this show and Flash when I get to it on Netflix, I'm on Season 2 Episode 14 right now. Is it just me or are 90% of the characters in this show really insufferable people? Felicity and Diggle might be the only two characters who aren't complete assholes so far.

We all thought the same about Laurel, she gets much better. The downside is that Tumblr got its way and Felicity gets worse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But so far she's fixed in season 4.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Felicity has been fine this season. Now that they got that will they won't they poo poo out the way the fun is back

Everyone gets less insufferable except for season 3 Felicity who seems to take it all for herself but thankfully that's gone now. I like to look at Season 1 Thea vs Season 4 Thea in awe

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm still weirded out by S4 Ollie being happy, or at least *trying* to be happy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Right now all characters are good and likable. For a few episodes Diggle wasn't, but he's likable again.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I'm still weirded out by S4 Ollie being happy, or at least *trying* to be happy.

He still walks around like he is constipated.

Island Ollie is so way way better than anything else they've tried to do with him. I think the secret is the mop they put on his head.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kater posted:

He still walks around like he is constipated.

Ehn I dunno. He's taken the edge off his "gently caress my life" face and turned it from :emo: to just :ughh:.

Ammel's done a really good job conveying Actual Ollie this season, they really do feel like two different characters.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Chokes McGee posted:

Ammel's done a really good job conveying Actual Ollie this season, they really do feel like two different characters.

It's just an act so he can be mayor. You know, politics.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So I wonder what kind of records Darhk had Det. Lance erase if he could just go somewhere and grad a paper copy :v:

Maybe it was a file specifically saying "By the way, this guy was killed by Deadshot who was hired by Damian Darhk."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He got the copy from Darhk. Presumably Darhk had other agents steal the paper copies but needed Lance to erase the electronic ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Or that was a HIVE document, not one from the agency that maintained those servers.

• Locked thread