Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Oil Drilling Simulation?

I'm missing something

A few of the missions involve finding fuel and setting up refineries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

"Pre-order and get pizza!" sounds so ridiculously 90's I can hardly take it seriously.

Remember when TMNT2 for the NES came with a Pizza Hut coupon?

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 3, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yea and that was awesome too

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Heads up to Canadians. Looks like the SE for the game will be online only and has popped up on Ebgames and Best Buy (only two places I checked).

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Buying a new game and not having to worry about dinner that night so I can just play is pretty awesome actually.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Wanna watch somebody get really high while playing Xenoblade X?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpLzhGUUTw

They just put some other videos on the game you might want to check out. Apparently, Fiora's VA is one of the options for the MC's battle voice.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hello Xenoblade thread :D

I'm replaying Xenoblade on the 3DS after getting to Mechonis and getting burnt out, and going through most of the game with a better understanding of everything has made it much smoother for me. I just wanted to ask the thread's opinion of Reyn, and what the best way to use him is. He has a ton of arts and they all seem very useful, so I have to ask which ones are the best? He's got Magnum charge, is that worth a slot?

Actually, I have the same question about most of the characters. It's fun enough to use what I think is good, but I'd like to read about the arts and what kind of character builds you can make in more detail.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sam Faust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpLzhGUUTw

They just put some other videos on the game you might want to check out. Apparently, Fiora's VA is one of the options for the MC's battle voice.

Kind of a shame the guy doesn't really know what he's doing in the combat videos. He insists on using Skells despite only having three weapons, and then he uses his melee autoattack exclusively, even while hanging out outside of its range.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish it had dual audio. I'm not partial to the current one

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Sam Faust posted:

Not unless it's Ullillillia. Anyone know if he has a Wii U and/or knows about this game?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I wish it had dual audio. I'm not partial to the current one

The game's so big that there's no space on the disk to include a second audio track. Maybe they'll include it as free DLC, but I wouldn't count on it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Motto posted:

The game's so big that there's no space on the disk to include a second audio track. Maybe they'll include it as free DLC, but I wouldn't count on it.

I know. But still don't like it much. It's just tolerable. Not as good as the European one in xc1

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm fine with LA Voice Actors for New Los Angeles.

Also the game won't be good so it doesn't matter.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Baal posted:

Also the game won't be good so it doesn't matter.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If it's not good I am going to be verily goon upset

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I said come in! posted:

This is the weirdest most out of place pre-order bonus.

Yet it fits the audience so well. Who could say no to a night weekend of playing anime robots and eating pizza?

Mak0rz posted:

"Pre-order and get pizza!" sounds so ridiculously 90's I can hardly take it seriously.

Remember when TMNT2 for the NES came with a Pizza Hut coupon?

Pretty sure my brother still has said coupon somewhere. I remember taking part in Blockbuster's Take on the World competition and I got a Domino's coupon. I don't think there was a Domino's within 30 minutes of where I lived.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I think it will be a good video game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pretty sure my brother still has said coupon somewhere. I remember taking part in Blockbuster's Take on the World competition and I got a Domino's coupon. I don't think there was a Domino's within 30 minutes of where I lived.

My friend had TMNT2. There wasn't a Pizza Hut within seven hours of where we lived :v:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yet it fits the audience so well. Who could say no to a night weekend of playing anime robots and eating pizza?

what sort of pizza are we talking about here?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I know. But still don't like it much. It's just tolerable. Not as good as the European one in xc1

It's the same quality, except british

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I think it will be a good video game.

I mean Xenoblade X has had a positive reception in Japan.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That does not matter at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Except it actually does? They don't just magically have completely different expectations. If it's well received over there then it will be here is how always works out.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mak0rz posted:

My friend had TMNT2. There wasn't a Pizza Hut within seven hours of where we lived :v:

I thought that was the weirdest game related promotion for years but yet it made perfect sense

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Good to see Sony Online's marketing people getting work after the Daybreak purchase.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Chronojam posted:

I thought that was the weirdest game related promotion for years but yet it made perfect sense

It was weird, but every kid was probably ecstatic to eat pizza while playing TMNT. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a TMNT Hostess pie for dessert and an ecto cooler to wash it down.

I've been avoiding the thread in case of spoilers. Has it been confirmed if there will be a partial HD install for the disc game? And if so how much will it take?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Watrick posted:

It was weird, but every kid was probably ecstatic to eat pizza while playing TMNT. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a TMNT Hostess pie for dessert and an ecto cooler to wash it down.

I've been avoiding the thread in case of spoilers. Has it been confirmed if there will be a partial HD install for the disc game? And if so how much will it take?

Up to ~11GB of optional installs.

quote:

Field/Basic Data Pack (Large effect): 2GB, just basic data
Enemy Data Pack (mid): 2.7GB, loading improved on the field
Player Data Pack (mid): 3.6GB, loading times improved while changing equipment
Doll Data Pack (mid): 1.7GB, shortens time for Dolls deployement

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Motto posted:

Welp! Time to put off getting that external.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Full game is 22.7GB

Thank goodness the Wii U has pre-loading.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

It's the same quality, except british

That's what makes it better

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

Holy poo poo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm buying this loving game the day it comes out for $48 and am going to play the poo poo out if it and if you don't then you can gently caress right off.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

I'm buying this loving game the day it comes out for $48 and am going to play the poo poo out if it and if you don't then you can gently caress right off.

Funny I don't see the special edition that all the True Fans are buying listed for this price.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Louisgod posted:

Congratulations

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The basic scrub edition of this game is not coming with anything special and will be easily found at all major retailer locations.

Either step up to the Special Edition or Shut up.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I am paying 130$ for the Special Edition because Canadian dollars are Monopoly money again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got the standard edition for £30 because I have enough poo poo lying around the house already

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Louisgod posted:

i'm glad to see you've finally welcomed the anime into your heart.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm buying the special edition because I'm a dumbshit who wants to own a 512 MB cheapo plastic flash drive and an art pamphlet I'll maybe unfold once or twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm buying the digital because I want it to load fast and I already own flash drives.

• Locked thread