Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

precision posted:

"Hey John Fallout, do you, erm, do you really need to be carrying twenty sniper rifles pipe pistols?"
"YES."

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

GreenBuckanneer posted:

After reading the review, I am not surprised. I don't really enjoy the story for Beth games. It's just the spelunking I enjoy.

The only Bethesda games I've ever finished were Morrowind and FO3, and I only finished FO3 because IIRC you have to in order to start some of the DLC. Didn't stop me from racking up close to two thousand hours combined in Oblivion/Skyrim/FNV/FO3. Exploration and rear end in a top hat physics are what I want in a Beth murderhobo simulator, because I know I'm sure as poo poo not getting story or animation.

e: then some crazy bastard makes things like AWOP and I'm back for another couple hundred hours because of course I have to try it all as a fisticuffs drunkard instead of a sneaky sniper, et cetera.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Dunno about the settlement managing side show, but I know I'm going to build me a sweet tree house (like the one example from the e3 gameplay trailer) and just hoard every cool item i find. I loved to decorate my lovely motel room in NV so this going to be just up my alley. I just hope my items wont randomly fly about the house when you enter like in Skyrim though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Generation Internet posted:

From what I've seen it's part of the very first quest after leaving the vault

e: the more I think about it the cooler it is that this game's megaton is something you actually get to build yourself

But can you blow it up and start over in the irradiated hole, with ghoulified mama murphy bugging you about your baby?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

GyverMac posted:

Dunno about the settlement managing side show, but I know I'm going to build me a sweet tree house (like the one example from the e3 gameplay trailer) and just hoard every cool item i find. I loved to decorate my lovely motel room in NV so this going to be just up my alley. I just hope my items wont randomly fly about the house when you enter like in Skyrim though.

There's a really good mod for this in NV called Feng Shui or something that lets you move around items with clipping and then lock them in place. It's perfect for doing stuff like putting A Light Shining In Darkness on top of a bible next to the bed, or putting centurion helmets on top of spears.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I legitimately can't figure out what to do with my time waiting for this game to come out. I've cleaned, I'm not wrapped up in any other games at the moment.. I don't want to start a book or anything knowing I won't be in the mood to read for a while after Tuesday. I really just want to be in a coma until Tuesday. Any combination of OTC drugs that will do that?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

New Leaf posted:

I legitimately can't figure out what to do with my time waiting for this game to come out. I've cleaned, I'm not wrapped up in any other games at the moment.. I don't want to start a book or anything knowing I won't be in the mood to read for a while after Tuesday. I really just want to be in a coma until Tuesday. Any combination of OTC drugs that will do that?

I am finally doing the DLC for F3 and it's ALMOST scratching the itch but not quite. It's gonna be a fresh reminder of how far 4 has come though.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

New Leaf posted:

If you hit up the pharmacy on the corner you could get some benzos or heroin. That always passes the time by pretty quick.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Sounds like someone needs to be put in cryogenic suspension! :haw:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
That review doesn't seem overly negative to me - the things he complains about are entirely subjective.

At least he didn't mention bugs or anything game breaking.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

New Leaf posted:

Get a job you bum.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015
Is there anywhere with a list of the confirmed NEW enemies we've seen from the leaks so far? Off the top of my head I'm aware of:

Mirelurks having a big visual overhaul that differentiates them from previous games.
Synths
Gunships

Anything else we haven't seen in Fallout before?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WastedJoker posted:

That review doesn't seem overly negative to me - the things he complains about are entirely subjective.

At least he didn't mention bugs or anything game breaking.

this. I think overall its a fine review. I think its amusing how he thinks DA: I does things better, when that game was literally filler quests the game. But other then that it was fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

What about The Molecular Level main quest? Don't you need 30 Power and supplies to build the device?

I guess if that is what you mean it's true but it's kind of implausible to call it a constant interruption when it takes less than two minutes and trivial amounts of resources.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I just write off anyone who likes any iteration of Dragon Age as subhuman and move on. It's all you can do.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

The Goatfather posted:

you see this comic represents people who are preordering fallout 4 after seeing the shadows.
Full version:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I played Dragon Age once, it was awful

In other news, I'm downloading my preload and I'm hyped to gently caress for FALLOUT 4

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Frankston posted:

I played Dragon Age once, it was awful

In other news, I'm downloading my preload and I'm hyped to gently caress for FALLOUT 4

i could never get into any of them.

1 is fine,

2 is massive mixed bag of crap and some ok ideas.

3 is alright.

my problem with DA is bioware has never been good at knowing what kind of fantasy universe they want. High or low. I would say 1 and 2 are low fantasy, but three feels like start trek with a fantasy coat of paint. I do love the mass effect games though.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

f

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

What would be an ideal build once this gets released anyway?

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

shrike82 posted:

So the plot and ending involve your biological son being the baddie?
WTF

He's not your biological son. He's your clone. You are also a clone.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TwatHammer posted:

What would be an ideal build once this gets released anyway?

In depends on what you want but High-AGI High-LUC is pretty hilariously OP.

PER and CHA are both stats you can reliably keep relatively low because you can get 5~ stats just from equipment and so-on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mokinokaro posted:

MacReady and Little Lamplight.

They never Randy Pitchford defend it. They just cried about people not liking their ending and made a bitter addition to Broken Steel for not ACCEPTING YOUR DESTINY, which I assume is going to be repeated here seeing as they're making almost the exact same main story only the position's switched.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Buff Butler posted:

a clone of a clone. that's sounds bad on the genetic level.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Dapper_Swindler posted:

a clone of a clone. that's sounds bad on the genetic level.

It's also bad for my feels, man. Gonna be tough to decide whether or not I want to kill myself for the benefit of my evil clone.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

ImpAtom posted:

I guess if that is what you mean it's true but it's kind of implausible to call it a constant interruption when it takes less than two minutes and trivial amounts of resources.

Your original post claims "you basically can ignore [the settlement] aside from sidequests." This is untrue. The settlement is required in the main quest.

Gathering all the materials is a significant time investment if you opted to sell rather than keep most of the crafting supplies.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Who the hell sell crafting materials anyway

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Great review, I hope this gets nailed in the reviews. Bethesda needs to burn and be reborn anew like a phoenix. I'm so tired of the stories being so poo poo on every single game, making it so I can't even give enough of a poo poo to finish them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

Your original post claims "you basically can ignore [the settlement] aside from sidequests." This is untrue. The settlement is required in the main quest.

You can? This is not a case where you actually need to have paid attention to the settlement to do it.

Merry Magpie posted:

Gathering all the materials is a significant time investment if you opted to sell rather than keep most of the crafting supplies.

No it isn't. If you sell everything you keep then you have enough caps to just buy the resources you need.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 7, 2015

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

Buff Butler posted:

That makes it a pretty easy decision then I feel like. If Father is not my son but an evil clone then I'm definitely gonna kill him. Why would you sacrifice others to save the evil son clone Father?

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money
Apparently if you choose to kill your evil clone you get a loving brutal cutscene. Audio:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kRdisfQctQ

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You can?

No it isn't. If you sell everything you keep then you have enough caps to just buy the resources you need.

Off the top of my head, I remember Military-Grade Circuit Boards being a pain in the rear end to find.

Who sells them?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

Off the top of my head, I remember Military-Grade Circuit Boards being a pain in the rear end to find.

... What? :psyduck: They drop from almost every turret you kill.

They also show up fairly regularly in shops. They don't have a Shipment option as far as I know but they're not rare by any means.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

ImpAtom posted:

In depends on what you want but High-AGI High-LUC is pretty hilariously OP.

PER and CHA are both stats you can reliably keep relatively low because you can get 5~ stats just from equipment and so-on.

So equipment can give SPECIAL points? And will bonuses from clothing give access to perks? Said perks will stay after you remove the equipment?

I thought that linking perks to stats and the fact you can raise them by leveling would mean no more +1 CHA from fancy clothes or whatever.

(also I need to say that I can't shake the Ink Spots from my head today: I don't want to set the dog on fire... )

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TorakFade posted:

So equipment can give SPECIAL points? And will bonuses from clothing give access to perks? Said perks will stay after you remove the equipment?

I thought that linking perks to stats and the fact you can raise them by leveling would mean no more +1 CHA from fancy clothes or whatever.

(also I need to say that I can't shake the Ink Spots from my head today: I don't want to set the dog on fire... )

They will not give access to perks. If you really want the high-end perks from those trees you do need to invest in them.

Clothing does give stats though. You can also layer it. (+2 from a suit, +1 from a hat +1 from sunglasses for example.)

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

... What? :psyduck: They drop from almost every turret you kill.

They also show up fairly regularly in shops. They don't have a Shipment option as far as I know but they're not rare by any means.

It was an unpleasant surprise having to go farm that crap since I apparently got unlucky with the shops.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Buff Butler posted:

Apparently if you choose to kill your evil clone you get a loving brutal cutscene. Audio:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0kRdisfQctQ

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

It was an unpleasant surprise having to go farm that crap since I apparently got unlucky with the shops.

You need exactly 1 Military Grade Circuit Board for that quest.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
"I knew it Father! You're not my son, you're a clone! NOW DIE!" - Me yelling from the basement while my parents look at each other worryingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You need exactly 1 Military Grade Circuit Board for that quest.

Yes, I wasted an hour looking for a robot with a circuit board. It was a hassle.

• Locked thread