Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I already knew this from the Beta but I fuckin' love Tempest. It's great for running around in a zerg and throwing out shields and heals all day. I literally cannot stop Overloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

using an outfit is cheating :goonsay:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I have to go to a wedding in a month and I'm afraid this is how I'm going to look.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Godmode Enabled posted:

There is always a way out when you have dodges for days :c00l:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvooOBjBbYI

i run a version of this build that isn't poo poo

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doesn't make it any less stupid. :shrug:

Anyway, finally got to 80 on my necro and tried reaper, WOW this poo poo is incredibly fun, I can actually kill mobs with impunity in VB now.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Unlocked advanced steering.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

OneEightHundred posted:

Go on Craigslist and buy a used machine from some college student, it costs like half as much and it's (more?) guaranteed to work.

Just make sure you wipe the hard drives and clean install the OS to get rid of the inevitable malware infestation.

LOL, gently caress no. It's Skylake time!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

400-250 points up with goons, I go to help out on home and my connection dies, I check and it's just GW2, only it takes forever to get the security log in text code to arrive

Fffffuck I hope it doesn't start happening again

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How rare are the metal plates from reclaimed weapons? I've salvaged 6-7 and haven't gotten a. Single one.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How rare are the metal plates from reclaimed weapons? I've salvaged 6-7 and haven't gotten a. Single one.

Incredibly rare from blue and green, guaranteed from yellow.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got one from a Fractal but I don't have the vendor unlocked, I think.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm glad you posted this but for not any reason that will be apparent for about a week or two

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
How long will the glittering wings be available? I want them but I'm a tad short on cash right now.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've salvaged like 30 or so (from pvp tracks) and I have one plate but honestly I don't remember if that was a salvage or the track gave it automatically.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
I'm late for the rev posting but idgaf, heres my awesome rev:

Sidenote: HoT is loving gorgeous.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Man I hope the raid drops stuff from noxious pods cause otherwise its gonna be a kick in the dick to get all this cool stuff. 1n hour to get like, maybe 10 of them? yeeeeah right.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Awwww yeah, 100% map completion!

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007
I reprincessed my ranger/druid last night and now I feel so goddamn fancy.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

She looks great!

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Joust posted:

I already knew this from the Beta but I fuckin' love Tempest. It's great for running around in a zerg and throwing out shields and heals all day. I literally cannot stop Overloading.

What tempest build are you using? I was thinking of giving my elementalist a shot again but there's no good pve info I could find on the forums or metabattle.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Alteisen posted:

The point of them nerfing gold and xp for dungeons was to get people to no longer do content within the game? That makes no sense. Just straight up remove them then and focus on fractals.

It makes sense from an :effort: standpoint.
Actually removing the content requires work, it requires redoing maps UI elements, removing references to the dungeons (from achievements, currency, mail, NPC dialogue) and/or adding new npcs or whatnot.

Adjusting gold drops and xp just takes changing a few numbers in a db.
The exp isn't bad anyway, especially buffed up with food and celebration boosters you still get a level or two per run, it's just not crazy 5+ levels a run anymore. Gold drops are kinda crappy though.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

They should have nerfed the exp--given how they're focusing on masteries as a new system and want to deemphasize dungeons in general--and left the gold. They said they wanted to move the lost gold from dungeons to something else, but I haven't seen any evidence of that in action yet.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

It makes sense from an :effort: standpoint.
Actually removing the content requires work, it requires redoing maps UI elements, removing references to the dungeons (from achievements, currency, mail, NPC dialogue) and/or adding new npcs or whatnot.

Adjusting gold drops and xp just takes changing a few numbers in a db.
The exp isn't bad anyway, especially buffed up with food and celebration boosters you still get a level or two per run, it's just not crazy 5+ levels a run anymore. Gold drops are kinda crappy though.

It's not about removing the content, it's that the rewards were tuned to a vastly different time scale for finishing a dungeon than what people cut them down to. It is about :effort:, the effort of making dungeons the long slog they were meant to be for the reward levels instead of the speed run for max gain everyone was used to.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Pray for my 970 and drives, goons. I really don't want this computer death to run up into the $1k+ range. :pray:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I've reached new heights in anime.

Stereo
Feb 27, 2014

Get rekt son

Schpyder posted:

Pray for my 970 and drives, goons. I really don't want this computer death to run up into the $1k+ range. :pray:

My prayers are with you and yours!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you Hydranos and assorted GOON squad members for the HP train, wished I could have joined the AB one.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The ghost dog guild rush is so hilariously bugged, here is a dogpile trying to finish the dog race

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

The ghost dog guild rush is so hilariously bugged, here is a dogpile trying to finish the dog race

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Joust posted:

Unlocked advanced steering.

I really love how charr look in gliders. "Rawr I'm a cat in a glider!" :v:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Pile of dogs.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Guild missions are a huge mess right now, but that doesn't matter because I leave flowers wherever I walk.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

MooCowlian posted:

Guild missions are a huge mess right now, but that doesn't matter because I leave flowers wherever I walk.

Grats!

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

CLAM DOWN posted:

That looks like White Blood Cells attacking bacteria.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

That is pretty awesome.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Aesis posted:

Pile of dogs.
One of the best gw2 screens I've seen since photo bomb bear.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Alteisen posted:

Thank you Hydranos and assorted GOON squad members for the HP train, wished I could have joined the AB one.

Ditto! I managed to get my first elite spec tonight because of this. I decided to go with daredevil first because I panicked after realizing the train was starting right as I heard about it on guild chat.

I'm sure it'll be fun, but I should have picked necro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
According to a random post I read on reddit, puzzles just give credit to the first 15. That seems to go along with what GS puzzle run #2 experienced.

• Locked thread