Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

This anime is very good, and cool.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I dunno if I'm rapidly cooling on One Punch Man's One Joke, or if that last ep just wasn't that great, but this show is giving me some real diminishing returns on the "good and cool" front.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'd say stick around for a few more eps since plot should start up soon once more of the world building regarding the Heroes Association is established.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

I dunno if I'm rapidly cooling on One Punch Man's One Joke, or if that last ep just wasn't that great, but this show is giving me some real diminishing returns on the "good and cool" front.

Go read the mangas

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Zomborgon posted:

*Knocking on door*

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Pootybutt posted:

The next episode will hopefully be a good opportunity for sweet animation, and the two after that should be the best fight with the best heroes. Stick around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, within the next couple episodes, we should be getting into one of the first "real" arcs, and we'll even get to see people who aren't Saitama or Genos fight!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, within the next couple episodes, we should be getting into one of the first "real" arcs, and we'll even get to see people who aren't Saitama or Genos fight!

Now we're talkin'! :dance:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, the fights where the other heroes are fighting are where the real dramatic tension comes from.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

All of the characters are still getting introduced. The Heroes' Association and all the other guys you don't really see much of in the OP are actually a big part of the story.

Many of whom are actually pretty great characters, often not in the way you'd expect.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

All of the characters are still getting introduced. The Heroes' Association and all the other guys you don't really see much of in the OP are actually a big part of the story.

Many of whom are actually pretty great characters, often not in the way you'd expect.

Yeah, like all the people in that big spread of heros are VERY IMPORTANT.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AtomikKrab posted:

Yeah, like all the people in that big spread of heros are VERY IMPORTANT.

More like BARELY IMPORTANT

at this rate maybe three of them even get to do anything before the anime's over.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah at the rate the anime's going it'll end before everyone gets fleshed out.

Here's to a second season.

Though, the anime's been adding more scenes with the other heroes that weren't in either manga version. I hope more of that happens, to make up for the lack of source material involving them.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Its keeping very failthful, if not subtly improving upon the manga.

Considering the limitations of the length of each episode, the pace of content is pretty perfect.

One Punch Man's real narrative depth only really begins around this point. Anyone who bails now is a fool.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Is the manga finished or still running?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Both the original webcomic and the manga are still running, and the latter is still being made even more perfect.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

paragon1 posted:

Is the manga finished or still running?

The redraw of the manga, which is the version you might've seen here and there, is still going and is somewhere around maybe a third of the way into the arc that's after where the anime will stop, the original manga drawn by ONE is past the arc that's being redrawn (which is somewhere about twice as long as the entire series before it) and a thing is happening which I guess might be an arc.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
Binge watched this tonight after seeing that amazing ball-punch gif in another thread. Some how, made a great mistake of watching it in this order: 5 2 3 4 1

It...worked. Really well.

The fight between Genos and Sai had me going "whoah holy drat" with the animation. Got hooked immediately. Only got better.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Waffleman_ posted:

Keep your gospel to 20 words or less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8x8eoU3L4

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
What makes One Punch Man truly great is that, every time you get to the point where you think "alright I like this but how long is this gonna work," it gets a little more complicated.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

just watched all 5 episodes again to hype for the 6th, COME ON 6th

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
Perfect OP placement on ep 6.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Annnnd #6, The Terrifying City is up on Daisuki, Hulu probably in a few minutes.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FFuck, 5 seconds in and i can't breathe from laughing at Geno's sketch of the training regimen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
Really liked how the added scenes made it all look so eerie.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

There's a lot of compression there but its done so skillfully I DGAF.

I kinda missed seeing the shamed kombu monster bemoaning its loss though..

Spring Mustachio looked great, and the sound effects (esp. for Golden Ball crunching his Tootsie Pop) were top notch.

Looks like some more characters are being intro'd well before the manga did..

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

Looks like some more characters are being intro'd well before the manga did..

Diggin the changes, probably even more so since i just read that part in the manga so any deviations are a cool surprise.

The post-credits scene was top notch this week.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The post-post-credits thing with Blizzard was great too.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am very pleased by this episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I couldn't be happier with the casting of both Fubuki and Tatsumaki. They're perfect.

Preview pics for the next ep
http://onepunchman-anime.net/story/episode.php?ep=07

Meteor time!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm glad they're showing the characters early since otherwise they wouldn't really be seen in in the anime.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I always wondered after that second story if Saitama made a habit of eating edible-seeming monsters.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I liked that Sonic's theme kept cutting out as Saitama dismissed him.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I always wondered after that second story if Saitama made a habit of eating edible-seeming monsters.

You think he just left all that free crab lying there in the street after he killed Crablante?

I'm shure that saving money on groceries never leaving anything to waste was an important part of strengenthing his sense of heroic justice!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sorry, Blizzard. You're not gonna get a part for a while.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Oddly enough they cut out the scene that showed that monster was still alive. But had all the Seaweed on him removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oddly enough they cut out the scene that showed that monster was still alive. But had all the Seaweed on him removed.

lol, I forgot about that.

The episode was pretty full though, I can see why they didn't bother with naked seaweed guy.

• Locked thread