Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Norns posted:

ethanol posted:

the mp4/4 (88 mclaren f1) from the last pack is godlike
Yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3nnAtVq74o

Once again, i'd really love monaco at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
my new favorite thing is getting punted into the tire walls by the AI.

im on record as saying the tire walls are worse than sticky grass, and im doubling down on that position. theyre so loving poo poo because at least with sticky grass you didnt come to a dead stop. the tires bring you to a dead stop and also catapult you backwards, meaning youve got to shift into 1 and if youre above like C class then youve got to do the clutch thing and burnout to get going and its so loving annoying.

bring back sticky grass, gently caress off with tire walls.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I prefer it to the old walls, you shouldnt just bounce off of a wall and continue racing. Friction is a thing. I'm not sure i noticed this issue, i cant say i've encountered that many tire barriers :confused:

We can call them "Sticky walls" :)

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

After reading this thread yesterday I literally had a dream last night in which I was sitting in front of my console and the selector on the screen was drifting. I swear on whatever you like, I actually dreamed about something Cubivore said. In the dream I was cursing the controller and when I woke up the absurdity of the situation cracked me up.
I'm not kidding, this actually occurred. Stick drift concern is real to me, now.

Also, this (I haven't tried SP yet since the patches; but I was hoping it was resolved so I could continue my career without having to drive like Mad Max.)

I think that issue got addressed at some point, and (from what I've seen) is largely fixed.

When Forza 6 launched, the first few AI cars would lap several seconds faster than the rest of the field, but after the October update, most of the AI cars run pretty similar lap times, although there are still occasions when the first place car just takes off. I usually run the second hardest AI setting with the "limit drivatar aggression" turned on (to keep them from doing as much stupid poo poo), so I don't know if the bug still shows up on the hardest AI setting.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If you play single player doing anything other than trying to flip AI cars over by spinning them into the grass, you are playing Forza 6 incorrectly imo.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cubey posted:

If you play single player doing anything other than trying to flip AI cars over by spinning them into the grass, you are playing Forza 6 incorrectly imo.

Ftfy.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well yeah, but goons race at times I cannot make and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the hoppers

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If you don't try to position yourself in hoppers to be able to bump people into the pits, you are playing forza 6 incorrectly :D

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
So, BCRock - what's the next gune time trial thing we're up for?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cubey posted:

Well yeah, but goons race at times I cannot make and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the hoppers

Pretty much this.

I get frustrated with the Drivatars and just hotlap some nights.

I tend to drive a lot of open wheelers, not the best online experience with those tbh...

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hotlapping open wheel is probably my favorite thing to do in most racing games, but yeah it would be nice to have a sim with good AI. (it's not going to ever happen)

it's in that same vein as hoping some day a flight sim newer than 1999 with an actual good dynamic campaign will come out

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

LOL just noticed your tag ethanol. Someone in the sharktank call you racist again?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Norns posted:

LOL just noticed your tag ethanol. Someone in the sharktank call you racist again?

tbf my drunk bad racism from one night has generated lowtax over $50 in avatars and accounts, and myself a free copy of halo 5

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Whats your secret? My drunk bad racism/sexism/transphobia/whatever just gets me probated again and again.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

80 pages of unrelenting xbone backing and poo poo posting in the sharktank to the point of inducing depression in myself and others
Also last racist post got me banned twice and probated for.an entire month so I don't really recommend it

ethanol fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 7, 2015

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Spades posted:

So, BCRock - what's the next gune time trial thing we're up for?

Yes, time for a new challenge!

First, the top 3 times from Week 1:

1. Mr Spades Slick - 1:08.562
2. zinjnok (Panda) - 1:08.777
3. whatcubed3 - 1:10.722

And based on a random draw from the posted times sheet, SmokeyXIII gets to pick the car and track. Just to keep things rolling, if one isn't posted in the next couple of hours, I'll open it up to anyone who participated to pick the next spec.

Also, I think going forward I'll try to get the next setup picked out and ready to go on Thursday or Friday, so people who only play on the weekends can have a full Saturday & Sunday with the same spec to work on it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The Volvo S60 upgraded to A class is very nice to drive. Fast, controllable, slideable, fun. It's the whole package.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Cross-posting from the GTCC thread. If you arent already racing with us you are missing out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j-fwFGwSLY&hd=1

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

azflyboy posted:

I think that issue got addressed at some point, and (from what I've seen) is largely fixed.

When Forza 6 launched, the first few AI cars would lap several seconds faster than the rest of the field, but after the October update, most of the AI cars run pretty similar lap times, although there are still occasions when the first place car just takes off. I usually run the second hardest AI setting with the "limit drivatar aggression" turned on (to keep them from doing as much stupid poo poo), so I don't know if the bug still shows up on the hardest AI setting.
It's still a thing. I finished the single player "story mode" over the past 2 days. I drove a bunch in V8 Supercars and the '70's F1 cars. I was usually about 8 seconds a lap faster than the field, except for one AI who would actually lap as fast or faster than me, and I had to drive unfairly to win probably 75 to 80% of the races.

When you're setting top 500 times, there's no way an AI should be setting laps a whole second faster.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

BCRock posted:

And based on a random draw from the posted times sheet, SmokeyXIII gets to pick the car and track.

Scratch that... Smokey can pick next time once we get this more organized.

First person to post a car + track combo that doesn't sound terrible gets to pick the next challenge. Go hog wild.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Monza MP4/4

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I have the DLC, but some people won't, we should pick something from the disc.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
No DLC cars for now.

And the spirit of this series is to drive stock production cars, since that's a rarity in the game proper and our other goon racing series. Not saying we'll never get into any race cars, but not just yet.

Think of it like Top Gear's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment, only with a car + track that changes every week.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Then I got nothing. No front wheel drives this time. I can't put acceptable times up with them. :colbert:

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
I'm more willing to wait for somebody else to suggest something - I'm more interested in getting better with the cars that I don't like to drive.

If nobody else gets back within the day or so though, I think it could be fun to run the 'Cuda on Sonoma NASCAR.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Watkins Glen Full Alt, Chaparral 2E

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sonoma is a fun track. I always like driving big ol hogs around it.

Some rear end in a top hat is going to pick bugatti circuit...

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Bugatti circuit in Minis

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Bugatti circuit in Minis

This should be the one we do.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

GutBomb posted:

This should be the one we do.

I agree. Something this bad can only possibly wrap around to be amazing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I was talking to a friend just now and he said that the exact same weird voice chat bug happens in Black Ops 3, so maybe the issue really isn't on Turn 10's end.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

I was talking to a friend just now and he said that the exact same weird voice chat bug happens in Black Ops 3, so maybe the issue really isn't on Turn 10's end.

I haven't experienced it at all, whereas in forza it seems rampant, i don't know. I bet it's xbox live/microsoft related, seems most probable

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Bugatti circuit in Minis

Done and done. With one twist though, Bugatti Circuit NIGHT!

1965 Mini Cooper S (E233). Without even looking at the leaderboards I'm guessing that a good time is going to be somewhere around 2:15.

I'll update the same google form/spreadsheet so the same links will still work for posting.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Cubey posted:

It's definitely an issue with how Live and/or the console handles chat in general and not specific to Turn 10. The problem only comes up when you have a large number of players in the same in-game chat lobby, and there aren't many games where you're going to be in a lobby with upwards of 20 people in it besides Forza.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
The problem starts when the 9th person joins the lobby. 9 people should have been expected.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Bugatti's not a bad little circuit. I remember all the vitriol over it when it wasn't in the game and I thought, "Wow, it must really be horrible. I wonder what's so bad about it?"
Then FM5 came out and I started to run it and I really couldn't see what was wrong with it. It's a short, technical little course with some interesting compound corners and esses. I find some of the corners to be hard to judge, but then again that's true of most tracks due to my lower skill level.

My attitude towards that track always depends on what I have to drive on it, instead of the layout itself.

Opinions are fair, I'm not saying anyone who doesn't like it is wrong to feel the way they do. Maybe I have a more positive view of it simply because I had heard so much negativity about it? It's not on my list of favorites, but I like it.
Then again, I like Yaz corkscrew, too (or any Yaz at night, that track is much more vibrant at night.)

BTW this was stupid fun this evening:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The best thing that can be said about Bugatti circuit is that at leas it isn't Motegi.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

The best thing that can be said about Bugatti circuit is that at leas it isn't Motegi.

It's just so.... uninspired. The first sector with the elevation changes is good, then after that just meh. I'm glad it's in the game though, if only because it gives us the classic Le Mans so people can make insanely fast cars and they have a place to hit top speed.

BCRock posted:

1965 Mini Cooper S (E233). Without even looking at the leaderboards I'm guessing that a good time is going to be somewhere around 2:15.

Did a quick run and scored a 2:29. I think I can get at least another 2-3 seconds with some practice, so you might be spot on.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I did a 2:29.5 and then couldn't beat it again, got frustrated with the long apex corner (la chapelle) gently caress that corner arg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

It's just so.... uninspired. The first sector with the elevation changes is good, then after that just meh. I'm glad it's in the game though, if only because it gives us the classic Le Mans so people can make insanely fast cars and they have a place to hit top speed.

That's the real bitch of it. I loving love Le Mans full, it's rad. The corners are all fun and it's a challenging track, even more so since it favors high-speed cars that generally have poor handling as a trade-off. And then we got this lovely thing associated with Le Mans tacked on to it. It's like when Gran Turismo 4 had the old Fuji variants and then the loving abhorrent insult that is new Fuji.

• Locked thread