Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
*plays brotherhood of steel, noted good game*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Belgian teachers and the cosmonauts

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

What is the general consensus among actual players at this point? I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy the poo poo out of it but I do like to see what people have to say.

It's poo poo, but it is familiar poo poo. You might as well roll in it like a pig.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Every single major game release, someone streams early. This has hapoened since streaming gameplay became physically possible.

Every single one of those streams has featured someone who is loving terrible at the game (or games in general), someone who has no interest in the series and spews false information on the game in question, and usually someone who falls into both of these categories.

I have never figured out why or how this is the case. I've stopped trying. I've also stopped being surprised by it, and you should too.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

New Leaf posted:

What is the general consensus among actual players at this point? I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy the poo poo out of it but I do like to see what people have to say.

Bad story, bad voice acting, the npcs look like realdolls. Your son is also your wife and your father and everyone is a clone of three-dogs. Everyone will be too busy exploring and having fun after launch to complain about these things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

Every single major game release, someone streams early. This has hapoened since streaming gameplay became physically possible.

Every single one of those streams has featured someone who is loving terrible at the game (or games in general), someone who has no interest in the series and spews false information on the game in question, and usually someone who falls into both of these categories.

I have never figured out why or how this is the case. I've stopped trying. I've also stopped being surprised by it, and you should too.

It's actually pretty easy to understand. The reason is that the person who gets a big-name game early just to stream it usually is more interested in the attention than the game. They want to rush through it as fast as possible and 'show it off' and if it turns out to be poo poo they want to be the one who made sure everyone knew. It's effectively the same as clickbait.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It's actually pretty easy to understand. The reason is that the person who gets a big-name game early just to stream it usually is more interested in the attention than the game. They want to rush through it as fast as possible and 'show it off' and if it turns out to be poo poo they want to be the one who made sure everyone knew. It's effectively the same as clickbait.

that still doesn't explain that one guy's fixation with the pipe pistol, aka the weakest, most boringest weapon in the game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Minorkos posted:

that still doesn't explain that one guy's fixation with the pipe pistol, aka the weakest, most boringest weapon in the game

I assume that was either trolling or "I need to save my good ammo!!!" stuff, depending on if he's an rear end or a dumbass.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
What reviews are you guys reading?

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Didn't the voice for Three Dog post a long while back that he was in the studio for this? Did that not turn out to be true, or did they cut it?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ScorpioMajesty posted:

The only review that's worth reading *points to head*

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

IMO the ending should have been Three Dog holding a gun to your spouse's head and if you shoot him he shoots your spouse because he has synthetic hands and nervous system and when both of their lifeless bodies fall to the ground a cash register chimes and 'QUEST COMPLETED: ARRRROOOOOOO THREE DOG OUT' appears on screen and then time freezes and Todd Howard appears like the gman.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The streamer just said 7/10 so there's your review

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Lakbay posted:

The streamer just said 7/10 so there's your review

Can you scale that to todds out of Howards?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ScorpioMajesty posted:

One review was put up then pulled. A basic summary was that he compared it to Dragon Age: Inquisition which led to complaints about the lack of dialogue and characterization plus poor story pacing.

Everything else he wrote could basically be summed up as "it's a Bethesda game" for strengths and weaknesses as the guy didn't seem familiar with the series.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
You get covered with a weird green aura when you are poisoned, like those auras that would cover everything in Oblivion. Why would that be back?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Seashell Salesman posted:

You get covered with a weird green aura when you are poisoned, like those auras that would cover everything in Oblivion. Why would that be back?

You have ways to poison enemies and a visual representation of poison is useful from a game feedback perspective. It is just applied universally to all the models.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

but but my spergmmersion!

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I don't know about immersion but IMO it looks terrible and is distracting.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Colt Cannon posted:

If my chicken fried steak doesn't hang off the plate, you can bet I am going to be pissed.

What the gently caress kind of chicken did that thing come from?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Seashell Salesman posted:

It's better than having to stop and wait as the screen goes blurry and it makes that hideously loud and unnecessary noise every 10 seconds. loving cazadores.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is that stream working?

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Don't listen to the haters, Duke Nukem Forever Dragon Age II Fallout 4 is going to be great.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

coyo7e posted:

What the gently caress kind of chicken did that thing come from?

Chicken fried steak doesn't come from chicken, it comes from a cow. You just use a batter similar to the kind you put on fried chicken.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is that stream working?

hatenewspapers is working

also JOHN CENA is a valid spoken name, but it only uses the "John" part. Names aren't gendered - the streamer got called Miss John.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Colt Cannon posted:

Chicken fried steak doesn't come from chicken, it comes from a cow. You just use a batter similar to the kind you put on fried chicken.

Why would anyone do that to a steak?
Oh, yea murica..

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

gasman posted:

Why would anyone do that to a steak?
Oh, yea murica..
I've heard of this recipe - they also beat the poo poo out of the steak with a meat tenderizer first. :fuckoff:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Holy poo poo, character faces and animation seriously look like they were ported from a game in 2004. This wouldn't be that bad if one of the main elements of the game wasn't staring at a zoomed in view of these lovely character models while making conversation.

Faces better look good while exploding at least.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

It's not a cut of meat that you would want to cook like a normal steak. No one is making CFS from a $100 steak.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

choppin dat meat

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

On phone. Does the guy still target legs only in VATS?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mordaedil posted:

It's poo poo, but it is familiar poo poo. You might as well roll in it like a pig.

new thread title

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Speedball posted:

On phone. Does the guy still target legs only in VATS?

It's a new streamer now, he spent a while playing in noclip in the intro, now he seems to be competently killing raiders.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

coyo7e posted:

I've heard of this recipe - they also beat the poo poo out of the steak with a meat tenderizer first. :fuckoff:

You don't use STEAK steak. I belive it's the same cut as Salisbury steak. Also it's loving delicious.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

You don't use STEAK steak. I belive it's the same cut as Salisbury steak.
you can use ground beef but it ends up being crumbly, tough cuts of beef flattened and made malleable with a tenderizer are used, like cube

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

You don't use STEAK steak. I belive it's the same cut as Salisbury steak. Also it's loving delicious.

Exactly most recipes like this exist to flavor up poor cuts of meat.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Watching someone who knows what they're doing makes this game seem way more fun than I originally thought

hosed up

socialsecurity posted:

Exactly most recipes like this exist to flavor up poor cuts of meat.

See also: all stews ever

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Grapplejack posted:

Watching someone who knows what they're doing makes this game seem way more fun than I originally thought

See also: all stews ever

Stews are the abominations of English Cuisine.

Speaking of Food, is there any cooking in this game and is it noticeably different than Skyrim?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crabtree posted:

Stews are the abominations of English Cuisine.

Speaking of Food, is there any cooking in this game and is it noticeably different than Skyrim?

Yes, and no. At least now your character sits on a stack of cinderblocks instead of leaning over a stew pot :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is there going to be a hardcore mode like in NV?

ha ha ha like i don't already know the answer to that in my stomach

• Locked thread