Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Jibo posted:

They could totally make Retro Vision a negative effect with I Can See Forever! as the positive counterpart or put in a new one that gives you a Book of Secrets effect if they don't want two negatives for one positive effect. Then move One Makes You Larger into the negatives and have One Makes You Smaller as the positive.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the Perks! effect does? I've only seen it like twice and couldn't notice any change to stats or consumables.

Percs, short for percocets, it gives you the wafer effect for a room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

Speed is such an obnoxious challenge. I can't get to Womb 2 before the time limit no matter what I do, and the health drain kills me before I can find the boss room. I even loving skipped two full floors with Undefined on a run and couldn't get there fast enough.

I feel like you either need a super carry item or combo (really lucky guppy, brim, etc) or several damage ups + mapping. Mapping is super important for speed but every freaking run I've done, if I get mapping (the mind, crystal ball, etc) I don't get poo poo for damage.

It really is an obnoxious challenge. It's giving me Lost flashbacks in the way that i need at least 5 minutes of holding the R button before i find a 1st item (and not Cellar) that even has a chance of finishing the run.
I feel that out of the three main obstacles - sped up enemies, sped up bullets and time limit - any combination of two would be manageable and maybe even fun, but all three together are just garbage.

If you aren't above using CheatEngine and still want to feel like you kind of earned a success, i can give you a script that will just disable the 16 minute time limit.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

So, uh, a beam spider killed my Punching Bag, and even after finishing the floor he hasn't come back. :rip:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jibo posted:

They could totally make Retro Vision a negative effect with I Can See Forever! as the positive counterpart or put in a new one that gives you a Book of Secrets effect if they don't want two negatives for one positive effect. Then move One Makes You Larger into the negatives and have One Makes You Smaller as the positive.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the Perks! effect does? I've only seen it like twice and couldn't notice any change to stats or consumables.

It gives the wafer for one room.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Waffle! posted:

So, uh, a beam spider killed my Punching Bag, and even after finishing the floor he hasn't come back. :rip:

I didn't even know he could die!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

LorrdErnie posted:

He eventually came back. Maybe it just takes a little while.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

LorrdErnie posted:

That was a nerf that Afterbirth added. Or a bug, who knows. Also, they nerfed Isaac's Heart big time. You used to be able to satisfy Demon Beggars without using up your own health with it, and it used to be immune to Brimstone attacks. No longer the case in Afterbirth, making a bad item even worse.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LorrdErnie posted:

You must not have played The Guardian :suicide:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ughh, lost to Hush on my Lazarus run because I couldn't outrun the skybeams. Also, that fight sucks without some kind of projectile blocker.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The time limit in speed is just excessive. Was really not needed.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

That was a nerf that Afterbirth added. Or a bug, who knows. Also, they nerfed Isaac's Heart big time. You used to be able to satisfy Demon Beggars without using up your own health with it, and it used to be immune to Brimstone attacks. No longer the case in Afterbirth, making a bad item even worse.

I didn't even realized that the demon beggar thing was a bug, I always thought it was the literal only upside to that item.

Because it's horrible.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

At least you still get free curse rooms? Still utter trash.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Curse of the Maze sent me to the curse room as the Lost, giving me no possible way to escape without killing myself. I had epic fetus. God loving dammit

Tetracube fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 8, 2015

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Killed The Hush with The Lost on the first attempt :getin:

Now to never find Dad's Key

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Wow, the Ultra Greed buffs are pretty crazy, especially the key coins. I just had a Lazarus run and even trying to clear them as fast as possible I physically couldn't in time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Speed! challenge is like if someone told you to run a minute mile and then kept kicking you in the shins during it.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

If you are having the issue on OS X with the floor glitch in flooded caves, try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNkKmDl4ws

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

No.2 is a horrible, horrible item, even worse than Bob's Brain in terms of self-destructive garbage. It randomly lays butt bombs below you with little warning. I accidentally picked up both No.2 and Bob's Brain in the same run, and almost died to Hush (with max HP and the Wafer, too) despite never actually getting hit by the boss itself.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Actually it lays a butt bomb underneath you after a few seconds of sustained fire. I find it quite useful.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
could be useful with pyromaniac, but otherwise a hindrance. I think edmund hates us.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
It literally makes a poop sound when you lay the bomb, and it only lays it down when you're shooting. It's an amazing item.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

No. 2 is probably going to be similar to Cursed Eye in that it is one of those things that will ruin runs unless/until people get used to it, at which point they will start using it to their advantage.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

No. 2 is probably going to be similar to Cursed Eye in that it is one of those things that will ruin runs unless/until people get used to it, at which point they will start using it to their advantage.

Number 2 has a lot more uses than cursed eye. It's literally free bombs and free room damage as long as you keep moving.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

No 2 is amazing with the detonator.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Grapplejack posted:

Number 2 has a lot more uses than cursed eye. It's literally free bombs and free room damage as long as you keep moving.

Teleport effects and free bombs are both powerful tools.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Tetracube posted:

Curse of the Maze sent me to the curse room as the Lost, giving me no possible way to escape without killing myself. I had epic fetus. God loving dammit
I thought curse of the maze had a special rule for curse rooms that it can't teleport you in unless you already visited the curse room.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Teleport effects and free bombs are both powerful tools.

Even the best players gets hit in rooms, especially when trying to go fast. Cursed Eye is generally way more trouble than it's worth .

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Ultra Greed coins are dumb. Even with really high damage you can't kill more than a few before they pop so the fight becomes a question of how many times Ultra Greed decides to heal and extend it even longer.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

jackofarcades posted:

It literally makes a poop sound when you lay the bomb, and it only lays it down when you're shooting. It's an amazing item.

I almost died one time when the sound effect failed to happen but it was once in a long run.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

The Ultra Greed coins are dumb. Even with really high damage you can't kill more than a few before they pop so the fight becomes a question of how many times Ultra Greed decides to heal and extend it even longer.

Shouldn't have tried to solo the raid then

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Killed Mom's heart right as I died during the Speed challenge. I had another life, but the room didn't count as cleared. Never, ever doing that poo poo again.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Edmund McMillen ‏@edmundmcmillen 4m4 minutes ago
expect an update early next week that should fix more bugs, address the difficulty spike in ultra greed and re-balance azazel :)

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Has anyone done the math to figure out what the probable range of Ultra Greed kills it would take to fill the coin machine is assuming you are using each character for Greed Mode?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

graynull posted:

Killed Mom's heart right as I died during the Speed challenge. I had another life, but the room didn't count as cleared. Never, ever doing that poo poo again.

I just managed to finish it with 2 hearts left thanks to a holy mantle. Christ, that was awful.

BJPaskoff posted:

Edmund McMillen ‏@edmundmcmillen 4m4 minutes ago
expect an update early next week that should fix more bugs, address the difficulty spike in ultra greed and re-balance azazel :)

Oh god, this is just going to make everything worse isn't it?

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Tetracube posted:

Oh god, this is just going to make everything worse isn't it?

Who do you think balances this game?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Carados posted:

Who do you think balances this game?

Nobody?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Binding of Isaac is actually alive and sentient. It balances itself. Edmund can only watch and try to justify.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I just ask for a fix to the guardian challenge. That little sack of poo poo suicides every run I'm on. If not it's 10,000 loving spiders dinking him to death while I impotently swing my sword.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Just restarted Speed until I got Toxic Shock. First devil deal is a small room Krampus.

Then I restarted until I got Holy Mantle, then immediately walked into a Super Envy room.

Let's see if this Ipecac one goes any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

What are the attack stages for Hush? (Are we still spoiling this?)

I got Shielded Tears from Boss Rush, and the only decent items in the blue womb are Lil' Chub, and Monster Manual that gives Dry Baby. I have the option of taking Soy Milk but fuuuuuuck that. Furthest I've gotten with him were some blue energy beams that chased me down.