Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Dillbag posted:

What crazy universe are you from where The Warriors doesn't exist?

You shut your goddamn mouth!

:corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Nubile Hillock posted:

Looks like someone who's been abandoned on a deserted island for months then was rescued and went back to work at the office immediately after.

Why because he's not pudgy? He doesn't look starved, just lean and tan like a dustbowl era farmer.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Sure would be nice... to be able to afford nice things....

It is, but I'll admit it can be way too much work in and of itself

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

notZaar posted:

Why because he's not pudgy? He doesn't look starved, just lean and tan like a dustbowl era farmer.

Yes, when I think of Dustbowl victims, my first thought is "lean"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That dude is pretty craggy too, he could be a model today.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

ddiddles posted:

http://abc7news.com/news/berkeley-high-students-protest-racist-email-message/1069980/

I'm sure 100% of those students gave a poo poo or even knew why they were outside.

"I just took it as a sign, like a message. Like, racism isn't over," said student Tarik Brooks. "People think like, Obama got elected. But racism is not over."

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Racism is SO over!!!

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just kill all millennials already

quote:

As the chart below shows, in October the age group that accounted for virtually all total job gains was workers aged 55 and over. They added some 378K jobs in the past month, representing virtually the entire increase in payrolls. And more troubling: workers aged 25-54 actually declined by 35,000, with males in this age group tumbling by 119,000!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

eric posted:

Just kill all millennials already

nice data about 54 year old millennials, this seems very accurate

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

extra stout posted:

nice data about 54 year old millennials, this seems very accurate

lol if you think the majority of those dropping from the work force aren't millennials

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

"I just took it as a sign, like a message. Like, racism isn't over," said student Tarik Brooks. "People think like, Obama got elected. But racism is not over."

holding constant protests is a part of Berkeley culture and place wouldn't feel the same without it.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

That and he's got this sort of disheveled look about him, plus the long hair. Dust bowl era hobo would work too though, I suppose

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mad Monk posted:

I just couldn't imagine working in an open air office or what ever they call these places. When I'm working on a complex problem I want to be left the hell alone, I wouldn't be able to do nearly as good of a job with people bouncing around on toys and poo poo while I'm trying to figure something out.

i work in an open office, 90% of the time it's not a problem but the other 10% when it's crunch time you do wish they'd go away for a bit

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
how many people itt are actually born before 1980 and therefore not a millennial beyond any shadow of a doubt?

not me :smith: but wait that means i'm not old af yet :unsmith:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

eric posted:

lol if you think the majority of those dropping from the work force aren't millennials

back it up with some numbers

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Toadvine posted:

back it up with some numbers

1560, 745, 8127, 1813475, 3, 1087235.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
3s a good number. The rest, poo poo.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

thathonkey posted:

how many people itt are actually born before 1980 and therefore not a millennial beyond any shadow of a doubt?

I'm :corsair: as balls and I hate everything now

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you mean like, now that your'e old, you hate everything

or everything that is now, you hate ?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

a happy snowman posted:

I'm :corsair: as balls and I hate everything now

hoe old are you and do you ha ve any cool advice?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

Me. 1977.

Millenials in Ireland are born 1990 onwards, everyone before that are normal and not retarded.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Not sure if Land Whale is sad because:

- Professor Oak is CIS scum
- Touch == Rape
- She has to reach allllllllllll the way over to touch the screen.
- Is loving tiny compared to that 3DS.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

happyhippy posted:

- Touch == Rape

sad because prof. Oak is othering it by his insistence on adhering to traditional binary genders.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

- Touch == Rape

Money is on 'all of the above'

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

ThePriceIsRight posted:

hoe old are you and do you ha ve any cool advice?

Born '69, so 46, max the gently caress out of your 401k, and pay your credit cards off every month

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

The Kingfish posted:

sad because prof. Oak is othering it by his insistence on adhering to traditional binary genders.

Prof. Oak hopes to cure the millennial problem by finding the right combination of pokemon DNA to fix sad brains. Ash's quest is very important.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

if only we could all evolve as cleanly and clearly as pokemon :(

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

nomadologique posted:

you mean like, now that your'e old, you hate everything

or everything that is now, you hate ?

i'm 25 and i also hate everything, it's called being a maladjusted nerd

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
67. Find a way to do what you love, even if it doesn't pay well. Don't do that thing all the time, though.
You're not going to change the world, but you can change the part of the world where you are.
There is no person, no movement, no religion, no organization that is your perfect match and will never disappoint you. That's OK. You can still believe and you can still work toward something wonderful, though imperfect.
Ditch the cynicism of your 20s for the wonder of your single digits as fast as you can. Seek beauty and wonder. When you find it, share it.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 8, 2015

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

Some people need to have some sort of horn player following them around doing the sad "WAH waah" when something gets them down.

It would amuse the rest of us.

Sam Pink
Nov 8, 2015

by Lowtax

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

a happy snowman posted:

Born '69, so 46, max the gently caress out of your 401k, and pay your credit cards off every month

My fave credit card trick is that I got an Amazon Visa card, which gives you 1-3% back in Amazon credit, depending on where you spend it. I use it to pay all of my $2k-ish in monthly bills, pay it off every month, and spend the free amazon money as I please as "entertainment." Great for the budget.

Also, I was born in '71 and I don't find an entire generation of whiners to be amusing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GORDON posted:

My fave credit card trick is that I got an Amazon Visa card, which gives you 1-3% back in Amazon credit, depending on where you spend it. I use it to pay all of my $2k-ish in monthly bills, pay it off every month, and spend the free amazon money as I please as "entertainment." Great for the budget.

Also, I was born in '71 and I don't find an entire generation of whiners to be amusing.

literally every credit cards gives you a deal like this except you can pick different things. for some cards, it's 1-3% cash back. on others, it's skymiles that work out to the same value.

naem
May 29, 2011

joat mon posted:

67. Find a way to do what you love, even if it doesn't pay well. Don't do that thing all the time, though.
You're not going to change the world, but you can change the part of the world where you are.
There is no person, no movement, no religion, no organization that is your perfect match and will never disappoint you. That's OK. You can still believe and you can still work toward something wonderful, though imperfect.
Ditch the cynicism of your 20s for the wonder of your single digits as fast as you can. Seek beauty and wonder. When you find it, share it.

I have a masters degree in this

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P695jAT0wvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P695jAT0wvo

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

joat mon posted:

lol you will work until you're dead

• Locked thread