Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My boyfriend decided not to go through with no-shave November a week in, because his poor little princess face was itchy. I like the way he looks with a beard, and am vaguely disappointed now. I'm growing out my hair for that bastard, the least he could do is sprout a little stubble.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Crow Jane posted:

My boyfriend decided not to go through with no-shave November a week in, because his poor little princess face was itchy. I like the way he looks with a beard, and am vaguely disappointed now. I'm growing out my hair for that bastard, the least he could do is sprout a little stubble.

My SO also doesn't like facial hair even though he looks waaaaaay better with it than without it. It is very sad :(

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, besides one blurry picture back when we first started dating after the Barber hosed up, I've literally never seen my husband's bare face the entire 5+ years we've been together. He's had at the very least a goatee, nothing less, so I have no idea what his baby face looks like. I want him to shave it all but we're both afraid he'll look like a giant toddler.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ilysespieces posted:

On the opposite side of the spectrum, besides one blurry picture back when we first started dating after the Barber hosed up, I've literally never seen my husband's bare face the entire 5+ years we've been together. He's had at the very least a goatee, nothing less, so I have no idea what his baby face looks like. I want him to shave it all but we're both afraid he'll look like a giant toddler.

Beards don't take that long to grow back, you know.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea but speaking as someone who looks like a giant 12 year old when I clean shave, that is a ROUGH 2-3 weeks before you get it grown out enough to not look creepy.

Oh yea, new FWP : My girlfriend is mad at me because I didn't hold a door open for her 2 weeks ago or so when we (and my mom) went to go get dinner.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Nov 8, 2015

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Vic Boss posted:

You... Sometimes brush your teeth with only water, and don't notice?

Well I certainly notice once I've put the brush in my mouth.

Today's issue: we made too much cake and don't know what to do with it all.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't decide what play-while-a-podcast-or-video-on-the-second-monitor game to play that'll last me a week until Fallout 4 comes out. Bonus FWP points for having a significant backlog of games that would be great things to play through if F4 wasn't coming out in a week.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

MisterBibs posted:

I can't decide what play-while-a-podcast-or-video-on-the-second-monitor game to play that'll last me a week until Fallout 4 comes out. Bonus FWP points for having a significant backlog of games that would be great things to play through if F4 wasn't coming out in a week.

My backlog is something close to 200 games.

Edit: And I added 4 more to it today.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I ate some toast and it kind of scratched up the roof of my mouth a bit.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The pieces of bread I had left to make a sandwich all had holes in them larger than a quarter. Had to use the third slice to make patches for the other two but I knew...I knew my sandwich bread was crummy.

MisterBibs posted:

I finally finished New Vegas yesterday, had like 5 characters and 200+ hours between all of it but kept dragging my feet on the ending quests, ended up running into like a dozen I didn't know about not related to the main quest line. I only hosed up 2 things with the ending, I forgot about Vault 19 and I forgot to get the Follower's of the Apocalypse on board with the dam battle. Also Rex died...he was the last thing in the game to die, killed by an errant explosion I caused when killing a Legionnaire. I'm sorry Rex, you were a good dog :(

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I just accidentally read spoilers for both Fallout 4 and Star Wars Episode 7 in the same day.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Monday_ posted:

I just accidentally read spoilers for both Fallout 4 and Star Wars Episode 7 in the same day.

:negative: Same :negative:

My FWP is that I bought all the poo poo for wet shaving and I love it but my beard grows back too fast to enjoy it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I can remember the sound of a song, but I can't remember any of the lyrics and I can't remember it's name or the band. :argh:

I think it was in a Guitar Hero game but I have no idea which one and there's like 500 of those.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I volunteered for debate judging this weekend, which takes up a whole Saturday. To rub salt in the wound, tonight, MONDAY NIGHT, they have a training session for the judges. Truly, no good deed goes unpunished.

Also, I need to buy a couch, but I need to leave my house and physically go to a furniture store to get a good one. Anyone have good experience with an online-bought couch?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My eyebrows are inexplicably itchy today. This has led to itching them a lot, and since I have delicate eyebrows, itching them has removed some eyebrow hairs in the process.

And what happens when you lose bunches of eyebrow hairs? more itching.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am pretty much done Xmas shopping and want to wrap everything but that would be stupid. But I got so many awesome wrapping papers from last year's clearance, I want to use them now!

I want a new fish tank. I have room for a 55. I have someone who will sell me a 55. But he also has a 110 gallon that is slightly more expensive. I just can't get that extra foot or so of tank space where I have for the new tank so I will have to get the 55.

My mom's physical therapist does not like cursing, and when he was at the house yesterday I said gently caress. The dude refused to speak to me for the rest of the session.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cowslips Warren posted:

My mom's physical therapist does not like cursing, and when he was at the house yesterday I said gently caress. The dude refused to speak to me for the rest of the session.

Dude can get over himself. He's at your home, and cursing is perfectly normal. People pushing their hangups on others annoys me.

FWP: I want to play more Fallout 4 but I need to get some drat sleep :saddowns:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Cowslips Warren posted:

A friend of a friend that would frequently show up to game nights doesn't anymore because we all got drunk last time and I kept saying goddammit. For a bit of perspective we were playing Cards Against Humanity, which she was cool with, also she regularly gets high and drinks a lot but oh gently caress you if you take the Lord's name in vain. I probably did so three times after being asked not to, and normally I would've complied, but drunk and also it seemed weird given the aforementioned context.

I am really tired because I stayed up to basically 5 am playing Fallout 4.

I need to go to the grocery store after work unless I want dinner to be a bowl of cereal that probably won't have enough milk and that means cutting out a half hour to an hour of Fallout 4 time.

Work is out of the pumpkin spice coffee creamer.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I refuse to spend 80 loving dollars on a new videogame, so I'm probably not going to play fallout 4 for a year or longer. I know drat well that every major plot point in it will have been long spoiled for me by the time I get around to it.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Guessing you're not in the US or are you including the Season Pass in that 80? GMG actually sent me a coupon code for 23% off the season pass which I thought was neat. I think there was a code for 20% off Fallout 4 earlier, not sure if that's still valid or if it was a general 20% whatever on GMG.

FWP: I can't decide where to go to lunch.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm literally falling asleep because I,too, stayed up too lsd too late playing Fallout 4. My eyes are literally closibg.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
I never left the vault in fallout 3, so I don't really have an interest in playing fallout 4. So instead I went to sleep when I got home from work at 5pm and slept till 5am.

I guess the FWP in there is that I won't be playing fallout 4 with everyone else? Another one is because I slept so long I didn't take one of my twice daily migraine pills and now my head hurts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brightman posted:

Guessing you're not in the US or are you including the Season Pass in that 80? GMG actually sent me a coupon code for 23% off the season pass which I thought was neat. I think there was a code for 20% off Fallout 4 earlier, not sure if that's still valid or if it was a general 20% whatever on GMG.

FWP: I can't decide where to go to lunch.

He's probably in Canada.

The 20% off ended yesterday.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I really want to go for a run, but it's cold as gently caress and foggy outside, and I have a bit of a cough. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, even if I caught a cold I can get to work just fine (unless it's like a thousand-degree fever), but next week I have a really important business trip and can't risk to miss it. So I can't go for a run when it's this cold.

But running! :qq:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

He's probably in Canada.

The 20% off ended yesterday.

Yup. Most big releases these years have been 70-80 bucks. So Fallout 4 would be 120 if I included the DLC season pass, and there's no way I'd play that game enough to justify that price tag.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I took the day off for FO4 and now my mom, whom I haven't seen in a long time and we don't really get along, wants to have lunch.

...and now a friend is going to be close by for her husband's surgery and wants to hang out because hospitals freak her out too much.

I JUST WANNA SHOOT MANS

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yup. Most big releases these years have been 70-80 bucks. So Fallout 4 would be 120 if I included the DLC season pass, and there's no way I'd play that game enough to justify that price tag.

Yeah, I'm in Canada too.

I got FO4 for $48US though, which is actually still more than $60 CDN but whatever.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So over the summer ToysRUs clearanced out some 2 foot plush Olafs. Like $5 and under for these huge things. I bought a lot of them, because all the kids I know/babysit for/friend's kids love loving Frozen. And then I find out that one friend's four year old son HATES snowmen, and two pre-teen girls who know the soundtrack back and front are now "too old" for Frozen.

Goddamnit I bought these super soft toys and now I am at a loss. Do I still give them to the girls because two months ago they loved Frozen?

First world problem, being the aunt who gets you something you used to like and now think is for babies.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I can't tell if I'm exhausted and headachey because I caught the bug that's been going around or what. I have tomorrow off and I was gonna veg out and play fallout 4 anyways but if I'm sick I won't enjoy it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I cooked too much food and I don't know how I'm going to eat it all before it spoils :(

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

So over the summer ToysRUs clearanced out some 2 foot plush Olafs. Like $5 and under for these huge things. I bought a lot of them, because all the kids I know/babysit for/friend's kids love loving Frozen. And then I find out that one friend's four year old son HATES snowmen, and two pre-teen girls who know the soundtrack back and front are now "too old" for Frozen.

Goddamnit I bought these super soft toys and now I am at a loss. Do I still give them to the girls because two months ago they loved Frozen?

First world problem, being the aunt who gets you something you used to like and now think is for babies.

Find some kids that love Frozen on the angel trees for Christmas. They should be accepting donations soon.

Content: sometimes I'm too lazy to change into gym clothes but now that it's long sleeve season, I have to.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now that I have a proper gaming computer I have no idea what games I want to play :saddowns: Before, what I played was dictated by "Can my shitbox run it?".
Now it's "I can run everything. Where do I even start?"

I have pretty much the same problem. I got a whole bunch of games on Steam, but I've hardly touched any of them. Instead, I usually end up playing the same games I ran on my shitbox computer, just on much higher settings. To compound just how first-worldy of a problem this is, I also work at a LAN center and get free PC time. I can play games at work pretty much whenever I want, but I get weird and anxious about whether or not people can see my screen.

In related news, my husband swore he wasn't going to buy Fallout right away, and would wait a month or so for the bugs to get ironed out. Then he bought it as soon as he got home from work last night. <:mad:>

Cowslips Warren posted:

I would probably just donate them to a holiday toy drive. Some places even have incentives to donate, like a discount on your shopping trip, or other goods and services.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

ilysespieces posted:

It'll only get worse. My mum has not seen my dad's entire face in the 40+ years they have been together. I'd shave him as he slept to annoy her, but I like being in their will.

FWP: I showered after my workout, but the water was hot and now I'm sweaty again.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thanks to weird internet sales and coupon combos, I got Fallout 4 for $48 dollars. Super happy, only I probably won't be able to play it for a couple days.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I'll never finish fallout 4 before battlefront comes out :(

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Elissimpark posted:

It'll only get worse. My mum has not seen my dad's entire face in the 40+ years they have been together. I'd shave him as he slept to annoy her, but I like being in their will.

FWP: I showered after my workout, but the water was hot and now I'm sweaty again.

My dad shaved off his mustache like 15 years into my parents' marriage and my mom didn't notice until my sister came home from a friend's house around dinner-time and basically panicked (she was like 7± a year ).

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Thanks to weird internet sales and coupon combos, I got Fallout 4 for $48 dollars. Super happy, only I probably won't be able to play it for a couple days.

Congrats.

FWP: The only free bagels at work that were left were the plain ones and the cream cheese is all gone.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I want to drain my aquarium and turn it into a terrarium, but it's full of all these live aquatic plants and trumpet snails and nobody I know wants them.

I can't just throw them out, they're perfectly good!

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Crow Jane posted:

Thin Privilege posted:

My SO also doesn't like facial hair even though he looks waaaaaay better with it than without it. It is very sad :(

About once a year, I get the urge to go from full beard to clean-shaven but I'm job hunting and feel the beard adds to seeming more experienced/mature.

Related: I also like how I look with stubble, but it's hard to "freeze" a certain stubble length and also historically not pleasant against the face of my gf.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Toys r us isn't answering their phone and I just wanna find out if they have a figure I wanna buy or not, dammit. They are open, just apparently busy or just staring at the phone watching it ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The best bra I've bought in the past year gave up the ghost a few weeks back. Went to the store I bought it from, only to find that it isn't being made anymore, and I couldn't find anything similar :negative: