Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Buried alive posted:

Looked at the title, saw who it was and closed it immediately. Does anyone care to give me the gist of what that's all about? And by "about" I mean what's the argument that's actually being made.

While I haven't watched it, I held my monitor up to my forehead and my psychic powers told me the argument consists of the word "whores" repeated several hundred times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Buried alive posted:

Looked at the title, saw who it was and closed it immediately. Does anyone care to give me the gist of what that's all about? And by "about" I mean what's the argument that's actually being made.

"It's not fair that women can say no to having sex with me."

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Buried alive posted:

We've actually had a guy in GBS unironically posting about it a few times, I think. IIRC it boils down to the theory that people have a quantifiable sexual market value and will choose partners based on that value. Most commonly they determine a woman's sexual market value almost exclusively by her looks while men get a whole bunch of additional factors, because of course they do.

To the surprise of no one, the conclusions most commonly drawn from that is that women shouldn't be promiscuous because that lowers their sexual market value. Additionally you often find stuff like "women are always just superficially looking to get with the highest-valued guy they can find", "it's totally appropriate for older men to go after women half their age", and of course good old "the sexual revolution was bad because now promiscuous high-value men are taking up women below their value, leaving none for the poor regular guys like the author".

So long story short:

The Larch posted:

While I haven't watched it, I held my monitor up to my forehead and my psychic powers told me the argument consists of the word "whores" repeated several hundred times.

VVVV No no, you see, these values are completely objective. It's totally scientific and stuff. :pseudo: VVVV

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 7, 2015

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

So, men judge women solely by looks, women use a larger number of factors, and this means women are more superficial. Got it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Buried alive posted:

This forums classic should help make the overall point of view clear.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
It's just an attempt to apply simplified market concepts to sexual relations - a predictable car crash. There are more interesting studies of sexual behaviour in economics in, for example, game theory.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The "sexual market" stuff was already in the ladder theory bullshit of the 2000s.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

The "sexual market" stuff was already in the ladder theory bullshit of the 2000s.

yeah so i thought that idiots retired the ladder theory in favor of pua nonsense but nope there are still tons of idiots on reddit talking about ladder theory and friend zoning and poo poo like that

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

QuarkJets posted:

yeah so i thought that idiots retired the ladder theory in favor of pua nonsense but nope there are still tons of idiots on reddit talking about ladder theory and friend zoning and poo poo like that

Ladder theory was invented by PUAs in the first place, mind you.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Perestroika posted:

To the surprise of no one, the conclusions most commonly drawn from that is that women shouldn't be promiscuous because that lowers their sexual market value.

If their value is based on their looks, how does this follow? Unless every partner is mutilating them or something. :stonk:

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Some people rightfully saw the inherent unfairness within the sexual market place and demanded regulation in the form of a "government gets girlfriends" program.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DeusExMachinima posted:

If their value is based on their looks, how does this follow? Unless every partner is mutilating them or something. :stonk:

Perhaps you aren't looking closely enough or in the correct areas

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

Given the kind of person it appeals to I would imagine they probably think that you get incurable cock breath or something from sleeping around.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DeusExMachinima posted:

The assumption is that a woman's value on the sexual market is highest when she's a virgin but then just goes down from there. It also ties into faithfulness; if a woman has never slept around then she probably won't in a marriage. If she gets pregnant you can be sure of the father. If she sleeps around then she's obviously sneaky and the baby's father might not be certain. I think a lot of it also goes down to historical views on women that did arise sort of out of biology. A woman who has already had children is actually less fertile. The more children a woman has had the fewer she can probably have. That of course mattered a lot when having as many children as possible was the way you kept your society going.

These days things are of course quite different. With fancy things like "modern medicine" and "low infant mortality rates" we just don't need to force women to get married young and have poo poo loads of babies. Granted I don't know if that would even be necessary in ancient societies but still.

Of course when you got into things like inheritances and hereditary titles you had to worry about parentage quite a bit. Who the father was and legitimacy mattered a hell of a lot so of course you'd want women to be faithful. That way you knew who the father was. Of course that also goes back to the times when a woman was viewed as more property than person. Tools that wear out become crappier tools so of course if you use a woman she'll eventually wear out and become a crappier woman, right?

Which, of course, assumes that a woman's only value is reproduction which is...well...a lovely thing to believe.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

President Kucinich posted:

Some people rightfully saw the inherent unfairness within the sexual market place and demanded regulation in the form of a "government gets girlfriends" program.

Google CoAlphaIncelMaleBlogger for the GGG Guy's latest ramblings. GGG is one of my favorite Internet crazies, and his "my mother should have hosed me so that I wouldn't be a virgin anymore" post is an all time classic

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Literally The Worst posted:

Google CoAlphaIncelMaleBlogger for the GGG Guy's latest ramblings. GGG is one of my favorite Internet crazies, and his "my mother should have hosed me so that I wouldn't be a virgin anymore" post is an all time classic

Haha sweet I was wondering where he went!

Two paragraphs in and I'm already hitting gold:

quote:

...modern Western (women) like abuse and rape (I’ve since realized that they like much worse, like being shot and decapitated – even if the victims themselves will die other women will like it, and so will the shooting victim if she survives). They want to be squashed like bugs.

President Kucinich fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 8, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Basically the idea of owning land is to blame.

The solution?

<------------------

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Literally The Worst posted:

Google CoAlphaIncelMaleBlogger for the GGG Guy's latest ramblings.

I… I do not want to do this.

Caros
May 14, 2008

paragon1 posted:

Basically the idea of owning land is to blame.

The solution?

<------------------

How many attempts did it take you to get the arrow at the right height?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Caros posted:

On a phone the solution is grimey drawer.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

I… I do not want to do this.

No you're not doing it right, the magic words are "I do not consent to this joinder" and then just start screaming "I DO NOT CONSENT" over and over until you get your way

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
What is "I do not consent to this joinder" even supposed to MEAN?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

reignonyourparade posted:

What is "I do not consent to this joinder" even supposed to MEAN?

gently caress you, you can't make me.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
No I get that's what it ACTUALLY means, but what do they THINK they're saying?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

reignonyourparade posted:

No I get that's what it ACTUALLY means, but what do they THINK they're saying?

""I do not consent to this joinder" is a sovereign citizen saying that they aren't allowing the government to link their legal personage to their physical body.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Sovcits believe that your physical person is separate from your "legal person", and the linking of an actual person to their legal person is what they call "joinder". They believe that laws only apply to your legal person, not your physical person So if the judge asks "are you John Smith" and you answer in the affirmative then the judge has established joinder between the actual John Smith and the legal entity John Smith, and now he can start accusing you of breaking the law. But if you never admit to being associated with the legal entity "John Smith" then you can just say that you're not the legal entity but are merely representing the legal entity John Smith in court today and therefore never create joinder. Now the judge can list off whatever laws he wants and they can send the legal entity John Smith to prison for killing and eating all of those people but the physical John Smith gets to moonwalk out of the court room without any problems because joinder was never established :smug:

This is also why you see these doofuses writing out their names in goofy ways like "JOHN: of the family SMITH", because they think that it helps to separate their physical person from the legal entity "John Smith".

In the real world of law, joinder means linking two cases together; sovereign citizens love misusing terms

And for extra idiocy some sovcits believe that the government opens a bank account for each "legal entity" with millions of dollars in it, and if you say the right magic words then you can access those funds somehow. I don't know the specific line of bullshit reasoning behind this one but it's pretty funny nonetheless

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 8, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

QuarkJets posted:

And for extra idiocy some sovcits believe that the government opens a bank account for each "legal entity" with millions of dollars in it, and if you say the right magic words then you can access those funds somehow. I don't know the specific line of bullshit reasoning behind this one but it's pretty funny nonetheless

I don't think anyone actually believes that except the rubes who pay a guy money for the DVD that shows you how to access this bank account.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

QuarkJets posted:

Sovcits believe that your physical person is separate from your "legal person", and the linking of an actual person to their legal person is what they call "joinder". They believe that laws only apply to your legal person, not your physical person So if the judge asks "are you John Smith" and you answer in the affirmative then the judge has established joinder between the actual John Smith and the legal entity John Smith, and now he can start accusing you of breaking the law. But if you never admit to being associated with the legal entity "John Smith" then you can just say that you're not the legal entity but are merely representing the legal entity John Smith in court today and therefore never create joinder. Now the judge can list off whatever laws he wants and they can send the legal entity John Smith to prison for killing and eating all of those people but the physical John Smith gets to moonwalk out of the court room without any problems because joinder was never established :smug:

This is also why you see these doofuses writing out their names in goofy ways like "JOHN: of the family SMITH", because they think that it helps to separate their physical person from the legal entity "John Smith".

In the real world of law, joinder means linking two cases together; sovereign citizens love misusing terms

The reasoning is that expecting me to pay my debts is a violation of my rights.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

RuanGacho posted:

On a phone the solution is grimey drawer.

Still correct.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Panzeh posted:

I don't think anyone actually believes that except the rubes who pay a guy money for the DVD that shows you how to access this bank account.

yes, exactly, sovicits

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The assumption is that a woman's value on the sexual market is highest when she's a virgin but then just goes down from there. It also ties into faithfulness; if a woman has never slept around then she probably won't in a marriage. If she gets pregnant you can be sure of the father. If she sleeps around then she's obviously sneaky and the baby's father might not be certain. I think a lot of it also goes down to historical views on women that did arise sort of out of biology. A woman who has already had children is actually less fertile. The more children a woman has had the fewer she can probably have. That of course mattered a lot when having as many children as possible was the way you kept your society going.

These days things are of course quite different. With fancy things like "modern medicine" and "low infant mortality rates" we just don't need to force women to get married young and have poo poo loads of babies. Granted I don't know if that would even be necessary in ancient societies but still.

Of course when you got into things like inheritances and hereditary titles you had to worry about parentage quite a bit. Who the father was and legitimacy mattered a hell of a lot so of course you'd want women to be faithful. That way you knew who the father was. Of course that also goes back to the times when a woman was viewed as more property than person. Tools that wear out become crappier tools so of course if you use a woman she'll eventually wear out and become a crappier woman, right?

Which, of course, assumes that a woman's only value is reproduction which is...well...a lovely thing to believe.

tbh most of this is post-hoc justification for why we kept the Roman obsession with virginity and faithfulness intact, tons of cultures gave way less of a poo poo about it, even Jewish culture, which had a ton of loving strictures on how to behave and kids and poo poo didn't have nearly the kind of stigma on it as would occur later.

This poo poo was top priority for Roman nobles though, and like most of Western society we are still trying to ape them as a way of proving we are just as cool (we aren't but they also weren't as cool as we think so it's a wash)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

i spent like an hour once tracking him across five different blog names to find CAMIB. totally worth it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

QuarkJets posted:

No you're not doing it right, the magic words are "I do not consent to this joinder" and then just start screaming "I DO NOT CONSENT" over and over until you get your way tasered.

Fixed to reflect actual reality of being a sovcit.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Fixed to reflect actual reality of being a sovcit.

nah if someone tries to taser me while i exercise my rights then Dr Ron Paul shows up and kicks the tasers out of their hands while bathing the area in the Light of Liberty

And then everybody applauds as we make out

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Also something about capital letters. Ever notice your name is in ALL CAPS on your ID? That's because it's not you, it's your government name. Humans don't spell their names in all caps so that must mean something. JOHN SMITH is a separate legal entity from the free human who calls him self John Smith. So you can safely ignore anything that spells you name that way because it's not you.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

nah if someone tries to taser me while i exercise my rights then Dr Ron Paul shows up and kicks the tasers out of their hands while bathing the area in the Light of Liberty

And then everybody applauds as we make out

This post violated several of my natural rights

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Baronjutter posted:

Also something about capital letters. Ever notice your name is in ALL CAPS on your ID? That's because it's not you, it's your government name. Humans don't spell their names in all caps so that must mean something. JOHN SMITH is a separate legal entity from the free human who calls him self John Smith. So you can safely ignore anything that spells you name that way because it's not you.

And there's the whole naval law thing too, which stems from the term birth/berth certificate.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
All legal arguments should be homonym based

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Trent posted:

All legal arguments should be homonym based

I don't think we should resort to name calling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Caros posted: