Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I'm not getting any more trade route slots after level 100 even though the rewards section in the corp screen lied and told me I'd gotten 2 more. :(
Level 115 now with 1.32M pop and 1.14M credits/minute on expert, Viridian and Walbruck are completely full, but I still have most of the biggest island in Cape Ambar free.

I want to try that 2170 ARRC mod for 2070 now, but I made the mistake of uninstalling 2070 at some point and it's a huge clusterfuck to get it working now. I'm in a seemingly endless cycle of the game telling me it needs to reboot to activate Deep Ocean and never actually doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Vodos posted:

I want to try that 2170 ARRC mod for 2070 now, but I made the mistake of uninstalling 2070 at some point and it's a huge clusterfuck to get it working now. I'm in a seemingly endless cycle of the game telling me it needs to reboot to activate Deep Ocean and never actually doing it.
I think I saw someone saying the same earlier in the thread, or maybe it was in the 2070 lp thread, and there is a way to get it to work. Or you could wait for ubisoft to patch and fix it. Which might happen before the real calender moves past the game name.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Even more optional.

This kind of sucks. Combat in 2070 was great at adding another layer of depth. Especially since some of those AI's would be so hilariously inept at managing their assets. Like the sleazy oil baron dude, who'd inevitably have a tanker leak after the eco-terrorist faction put a few torpedoes in it.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The population imbalance kinda weirds me out. Nearly a million investors vs 14 thousand workers, seems to me the balance should be the other way around.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

The population imbalance kinda weirds me out. Nearly a million investors vs 14 thousand workers, seems to me the balance should be the other way around.

But that is how real life mega cooperations work :v:

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Poil posted:

I think I saw someone saying the same earlier in the thread, or maybe it was in the 2070 lp thread, and there is a way to get it to work. Or you could wait for ubisoft to patch and fix it. Which might happen before the real calender moves past the game name.

Yeah I found an "offline" version of the Deep Ocean patch in this thread, which fixed it.

2205 is such an improvement UI-wise holy poo poo. In 2070 there's so much clicking between building tabs, even more so with this mod since it adds a whole bunch of buildings. 2205's copy and move tools are such huge timesavers I was getting annoyed at 2070 within minutes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Demiurge4 posted:

I would just ignore the idea that you're running a corporation because it doesn't make any sense and didn't in 2070 either.. You have a civilian population whose levels of wealth are analogous to a corporate chain.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
It was mentioned earlier in the thread by someone else, but my interpretation is that the population numbers are the number of people living in a given "level" of buildings. So for investor buildings, you've got one investor in the building who lives in the penthouse, a few executives in suites below that, then a whole bunch of fancy apartments for employees, and finally the lower half of the building, and possibly something like 20 sub-basements, is filled with regular workers in apartments.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Your employees also pay you, their employer to work for you.

What a loving deal man.

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
They owe their souls to the company store.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

credits=company scrip.

We provide organic rice! Why yes, it IS more expensive than regular rice, thats what you pay for quality!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Tehan posted:

They owe their souls to the company store.

16 tons of Bio-Enhancers per colonist!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I looks like your neuroimplant is worn out. And after only 3 days. No worrys, we already got replacements on the way, and we already took the cost out of your next pay check, no need to do anything

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My corporation is named Weyland-Yutani which makes the dystopian future poo poo that much funnier.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are there any statistics on your cities available anywhere? I'm trying to figure out the most credit-maintenance-heavy bits of my cities to upgrade, I'm running a deficit :saddowns:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A good rule of thumb is that Moon > Arctic > Temperate, and the higher tier a production line requires/supplies the more it costs.

It doesn't appear that there's any way to drill down on what your maintenance costs are actually being spent on though.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any statistics on your cities available anywhere? I'm trying to figure out the most credit-maintenance-heavy bits of my cities to upgrade, I'm running a deficit :saddowns:

No useful stats, but I'm 99% sure your money problem is the Moon. If you really want to save money, level up the moon until you unlock anti-grav, shut everything down and just import the bio-enhancers and antigrav from the world market. If you want to produce that stuff yourself, make sure you don't waste money on overproduction (except ice because that's unavoidable). The mines and factories for bio-enhancers, fusion cells and anti-grav are extremely expensive. This goes for all the top tier luxuries really, if you're running a deficit you need to keep an eye on this.
It's a bit of a pain but you can save a bunch of money by splitting transport routes above 20 but below 100 into several routes of 20.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm not at the moon yet, I only just started loving around in the Arctic.

Ended up deleting all my wind turbines, since I had the dam open in my temperate map, and that solved the problem for now.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not at the moon yet, I only just started loving around in the Arctic.

Ended up deleting all my wind turbines, since I had the dam open in my temperate map, and that solved the problem for now.

Expand your temperate city then, more people means more money.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Is there any easy way to find your buildings? I'll get notices that for example Intelliwear is low and then I have to spend five minutes looking for where I put the Intelliwear factory. Any alternatives? Thanks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Watched Quill's new video, which involves trying the arctic conflict zone on medium difficulty and Jesus Christ that looks rough. How the gently caress does the Confederate States of the Moon get battleships on Earth that are bigger than a modern aircraft carrier?

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Watched Quill's new video, which involves trying the arctic conflict zone on medium difficulty and Jesus Christ that looks rough. How the gently caress does the Confederate States of the Moon get battleships on Earth that are bigger than a modern aircraft carrier?

The medium difficulty conflicts arent so bad as long as you are constantly planning your moves ahead and making use of the special powers constantly. I've unlocked the Advanced battles and jesus christ those are tricky.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

When I did the advanced level one, I just b-lined to the objective and used abilities, gently caress going for full completion.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I have no issues with the medium difficulty arctic missions provided I'm constantly using the abilities, the dropped ones and the fuel ones. Haven't done the hard level yet.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Battles are starting to get an awful lot like busywork now that I've got a decent stock of rare resources. It feels like I'm only doing them just to earn a temporary reprieve from the constant nagging.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've been cruising through every Advanced battle easily. :shrug:

Use EMPs/Wave Mines to delay patrols so you don't have to fight more than necessary, Shielding before taking damage is much more effective than Repairing damage, and make sure you use your pick-ups because things will target Support Fleets over your guys, and the nuke strikes can take entire patrols down. Always take the opportunity to multiply your pick-ups - there's usually a few places where a well-placed nuke/fleet will take care of a guard in front of several pick-ups, and you can take down the huge battlecruisers with just two pick-ups and they drop a shitload of stuff. Of course, spending the cash to keep your fleet up to date makes a big difference.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I've been so addicted to this game it's crazy. I just expanded to the moon and my employees there don't seem to generate any income for me. I've been in the red big time and have to keep getting loans. Building moon houses doesn't seem to help, so at this point I'm back to my Earth settlements to generate more income to support my failing moon settlement.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pawn 17 posted:

I've been so addicted to this game it's crazy. I just expanded to the moon and my employees there don't seem to generate any income for me. I've been in the red big time and have to keep getting loans. Building moon houses doesn't seem to help, so at this point I'm back to my Earth settlements to generate more income to support my failing moon settlement.

Working as intended. The arctic is expensive, the moon much more so. The temperate zone is where you make your money, the arctic and moon is where you make what you need to keep the temperate zone humming.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Cythereal posted:

Working as intended. The arctic is expensive, the moon much more so. The temperate zone is where you make your money, the arctic and moon is where you make what you need to keep the temperate zone humming.

It's possible to make money in the arctic when you're in that phase where you're maxing out the needs for the various levels there.

But yeah, your main money maker is the temperate zone.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Cythereal posted:

Ah OK, thanks! I'll stop building tract homes on the moon. I just got investors in my temperate zone so they should bring in some money.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
The sheer demand for wine was incredible from the moment I could make it. That and beef.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think the entire Luxury Foods production line might be the biggest real estate drain in the entire Temperate zone. It's the first one on my list for outsourcing to another map.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Any tips or suggestions for building in the arctic zone? It's a pain in the arse

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Hezzy posted:

Any tips or suggestions for building in the arctic zone? It's a pain in the arse

productivity modules also radiate heat

e: the real problem is logistics because the area wants you to spread out your buildings and buildings take more logistics maintenance the further away they are from a logistics supply building

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

An early trick I found was building canneries in lines (using production modules of course) which produced enough heat for me to have space for two houses/side. Using a logistics or power module between the production modules helped extend this line even further. This can be done with just about any factory really, Neuro Implant factories are pretty good since you need a bajillion of them for your temperate zones.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I think the entire Luxury Foods production line might be the biggest real estate drain in the entire Temperate zone. It's the first one on my list for outsourcing to another map.

I just import it directly. You get it cheaper than you can make it and don't have to deal with the massive power consumption and land usage. I'll only stoop to making the poo poo myself when I cap out the import route.

Hezzy posted:

Neuro implant factories are amazing for this since you can get 2 rows of houses along each side of the factory with a road down the middle of them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I import, I just kept my supply lines all built but turned off because I'm playing on hard and I'm paranoid as hell that import prices might be radically rebalanced at any moment and plunge me into inescapable bankruptcy.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Don't rush things. I try not to move on to the next tier of consumables unless I absolutely have to, sitting on about a quarter mil and about to open up the moon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Holy loving god the moon is expensive, it's mega cool though, I mean I'm literally on the moon mining space rocks for cash money

Also vineyards look fuckin weird in 200 years

I really wish that stupid "POSTCARD MODE" label would vanish for screenshots, so I just edited it out of this pretty one

Anyways this game owns bones and I'm having so much more fun than previous Anno games, I love how they've streamlined some things, so much more enjoyable of a game experience to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I import, I just kept my supply lines all built but turned off because I'm playing on hard and I'm paranoid as hell that import prices might be radically rebalanced at any moment and plunge me into inescapable bankruptcy.

Honestly most of the goods are so much cheaper than you could ever produce them yourself that they could double the prices overnight and you'd still nearly come out ahead by importing, especially for all the lunar goods. :v:

For an example, assuming all production buildings are fully expanded:
Bioenhancers need 1 rare earth element to produce. Rare earth elements are made at 200 credits/unit. Bioenhancers are made at a cost/unit of 514.3. Total cost of 714.3 credits/unit to make just in raw production costs, not including workforce or power requirements. Let's say you need 150 of them. To make them yourself you're looking at 107,143 credits for the production and another 10,000 for the transfer route (a full capacity medium cargo shuttle) for a total cost of 117,143 credits. Importing it costs 412 credits/unit at the time of this post for a total cost of 62,670 factoring in the 1,000 credit elevator car. Cost of importing is 53.5% of making it yourself.

I'm not sure how much of this is a factor of people just mindlessly overproducing and shipping poo poo off and how much of it is just a factor of their pricing algorithm not allowing enough fluctuation.

• Locked thread