Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I will be playing on one level above Normal because anything lower than that would probably crumble under the face of my minmaxing autism.

EDIT: By the way, some people here have gotten review copies, right? At what time exactly does the embargo lift on Monday? Because it would be loving funny if it lifted after the game was released in NZ.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
I wonder if this due realizes he can use rad away to get back the 40% of health he's got red

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think I'll stick with Normal and just wear whatever I want regardless of its defensive values. That made several encounters pretty hard in New Vegas if I didn't take an elephant suppository full of Med-X.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I appreciate your commitment to roleplaying.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Review embargo might expire at exactly November 9th 1201 hours. I know at least one streamer who got express permission to start then.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Your Computer posted:

So I haven't followed any news on this game so far and took a look at the stream. With the dog and all, is there any word on how/if stealthy gameplay is going to work?

Fallout Guy/Lady (in a loud whisper): Dogmeat. Bark!

Dog: ???????

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Based purely on streams I'm canceling my preorder. Apparently you can't heal and the game features a constant soundtrack of children yelling.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Those synths look pretty drat neat and terrifying.

Saw an even faster one last night :gonk:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
wait

hold on

i can romance a female french mrs handy robot who is also a sexy nurse?

goty

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Did hatenewspapers have to turn on god mode to survive that last fight?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

In his defense, that fight was loving ridiculous.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Lotish posted:

Yep.

He's got it on again. With a Fat Man.

Welp.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Solid Poopsnake posted:

In his defense, that fight was loving ridiculous.

not in his defense, he's level 27 and hasn't invested a point into any of the gun damage skills, and has left behind good armor.

e: also if you're spoiler averse I recommend tuning out because hes rushing the ending.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

That was the end???

What in the actual gently caress was that, that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
That was so awful I have no words.
Voice acting is one big :psyduck: after the next.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Did they finish the game?

Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be a ending fix in an upcoming DLC. :downs:

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

I think that ending might have been dumber than the fallout 3 ending. It definitely was somehow less complete.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Leinadi posted:

Season Pass!

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Where did they get the copy of the game they played?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Leinadi posted:

I think you can play on after the end, right?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Did anybody see the specs when they ran it on the lowest setting?

I'm asking because I've got a 2.8 GHz i5 processor and 8gb of RAM, but I've only got an integrated graphics card so I want to be drat sure I can run it before I drop $90 AUS on a game.

Will I be able to run fallout 4 on that is what I'm asking.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Amazing Member posted:

I think you can play on after the end, right?

It looked that way.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

MinistryofLard posted:

I'm asking because I've got a 2.8 GHz i5 processor and 8gb of RAM, but I've only got an integrated graphics card so I want to be drat sure I can run it before I drop $90 AUS on a game.

no

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

MinistryofLard posted:

Save that $90 towards a video card.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Has any of the streamers played a melee build? Does it look good? Haven't read anything about melee receiving an overhaul like the shooty bits.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I just watched a streamer belt a chick to pieces. Looked better then fo3 but not by much.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Grapplejack posted:

That was the end???

What in the actual gently caress was that, that was the dumbest thing I have ever seen

Share with the class?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Settlement clearing quests remind me of Oblivion gates.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

MinistryofLard posted:

I'm getting a steam key for $61aud

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

Share with the class?

Okay so, ending spoilers.

So the streamer sided with the minutemen; this ending involved him nuking the institute (and Boston). Once you do that, it goes into a cutscene narrated by your dude talking about how sad he is about how the world has changed, but he's optimistic about the future. There are some cuts between current and past Boston, and it ends with a 'war, war never changes'. It then fades back to the game post explosion and assumedly lets you gently caress around. The monologue is about forty-five seconds to a minute long. It doesn't mention anything you did or any of the people you interacted with.

I'm loving dumbfounded at how little effort went into it. It feels like less than the Fallout 3 ending. I'm just... :psyduck:

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Okay so, ]ending

I'm loving dumbfounded at how little effort went into it. It feels like less than the Fallout 3 ending. I'm just... :psyduck:

I'm cool with it, to me it shows they put their focus into content.

Screw the story, I wanna spelunk and get my power ranger on!

Edit: whoever is streaming now on hard mode is getting his rear end handed to him left and right. Seems to be a lot more roaming legendary mobs!

Amazing Member fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 8, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Well, the base building still looks super cool, at least. I'm into that.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Amazing Member posted:

I'm cool with it, to me it shows they put their focus into content.

Screw the story, I wanna spelunk and get my power ranger on!

Edit: whoever is streaming now on hard mode is getting his rear end handed to him left and right. Seems to be a lot more roaming legendary mobs!

Story is content to some people. What a disgrace.

Animax
Nov 7, 2015
Just realized that the game is released an hour before i gotta go to work. To call in sick or not? That is the question.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Animax posted:

Just realized that the game is released an hour before i gotta go to work. To call in sick or not? That is the question.

Do it and build a sick base-city on stilts

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Grapplejack posted:

Okay so, ending spoilers.

Sounds like it's meant to accommodate DLC..

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
If you missed Lenny finishing the game, imagine playing Mothership Zeta with twice as many robots/android trash. You're welcome.

The big payoff is hey remember blowing up Megaton from the balcony? that was awesome right? let's do the same again followed by 40 seconds of crappy monologue before it kicks you back into the world.
I'm convinced this was produced by Bethsofts B-team and they're gonna wheel out the next Elder Scrolls sooner than later.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 8, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Animax posted:

Treat it like christmas. Save the game for the weekend, and maybe you'll get an extra treat by waiting, in that they may release an emergency patch or two to stop female characters titties from flying all over the place, or have to remove a quest created by some overzealous writer who took the 50's setting too seriously and slipped in a quest about ghouls called "Separate But Equal (You Know What I Mean)".

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Treat it like christmas. Save the game for the weekend, and maybe you'll get an extra treat by waiting, in that they may release an emergency patch or two to stop female characters titties from flying all over the place, or have to remove a quest created by some overzealous writer who took the 50's setting too seriously and slipped in a quest about ghouls called "Separate But Equal (You Know What I Mean)".

That sounds like a reason to play ASAP and take the sick days, to me. Getting to see messed up poo poo in a Bethesda game is half the fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Betheda games need to played ASAP, you can play the patched version anytime, but the Best Bugs Edition is a time limited release.

• Locked thread