Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that they keep trying to make a pvp boss encounter, but it would be nice if it worked once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I think if they made a fight where the boss is similar to the player, like gehrman or gascoigne in bloodborne, then you could just have an invading player take over as that character, give em a larger health pool and auto equip them with the bosses weapon and disable healing and it could work. The old monk was cool but was hampered by how you could spam grasses in demons souls and then the fight lasts forever

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
not a boss but I liked in the nightmare zones in bloodborne how they forced you to engage in pvp as part of the level by starting off with a bell ringer. I'd guess almost everybody ends up fighting at least one invader while trying to progress through those areas the first time

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

not a boss but I liked in the nightmare zones in bloodborne how they forced you to engage in pvp as part of the level by starting off with a bell ringer. I'd guess almost everybody ends up fighting at least one invader while trying to progress through those areas the first time

i had a cool one where i was dodging a giant and an invader at the same time for a few minutes but then when i tried to take an opening to kill the giant i got owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought it was an NPC invasion the first time until I got him down really low and he turned tail and hosed off into the swamp for like 15 minutes

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wasn't the old monk sort of what people are describing?

i also like the idea of making a covenant where you control a torture maze. that's sort of what doors of pharos was, but most people just joined the rat covenant long enough to get through it.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

wasn't the old monk sort of what people are describing?

i also like the idea of making a covenant where you control a torture maze. that's sort of what doors of pharos was, but most people just joined the rat covenant long enough to get through it.

the problem with the rat covenant is that as the victim you get sucked into the world and then usually swarmed by the invader and the minions they've activated. there's no penalty but it's basically a covenant that forces the victim to sit through two loading screens and die meaninglessly

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

the problem with the rat covenant is that as the victim you get sucked into the world and then usually swarmed by the invader and the minions they've activated. there's no penalty but it's basically a covenant that forces the victim to sit through two loading screens and die meaninglessly

ya if your a fukken noob.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

rediscover posted:

ya if your a fukken noob.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm finally playing the Dark Souls 1 DLC. The first guy is already cooler than the rest of the DS1 endgame outside of gwyn.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, artorias is maybe the best boss in the whole series

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I like that they keep trying to make a pvp boss encounter, but it would be nice if it worked once

Mirror knight was loving sick when it worked properly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

Mirror knight was loving sick when it worked properly

it worked properly? when? lmao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I had no idea the adversary mechanic existed in bloodborne until like yesterday.

Bloodstarved Beasts' properly translated name is "Host of the Beast Blood". I'm not sure if someone messed it up or they just thought that was boring but it makes more sense.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fun fact of you fight the witches with 0 insight none of the adds will spawn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like the idea behind bloodborne's invading mechanics but they never ever seemed to happen. The only one I ever saw was the standard invader

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

cool

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

I tried this in ng++ and lolled when finding the boss gave me 1 insight

Oops

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

we'll never know what was supposed to be down there :/

dragon butts are down there.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

demons co-op is fun, demons pvp is some of the worst gaming ever

my one pvp invader in demons was a guy who pulled open the switch on 4-1 i think where a door opens to a cliff face and i didn't know there was a cliff face or the layout of the level cuz i never been there and he kicked me down. cool. bUt 45 minutes of dual katana 2nd chance spam looks bad

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If Sony pays from to make another ps4 exclusive (they will) do you guys think it will be bloodborne 2 or another different take on the formula. They haven't been making giant robot games and they should really hire hideo to make one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyre saying dark souls 3 is gonna be the last game of its kind but theyve been saying that since dark souls 2, so who knows

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

theyre saying dark souls 3 is gonna be the last game of its kind but theyve been saying that since dark souls 2, so who knows

Like, the last Dark Souls game or is From Software going to make a different genre or something? That might be cool, but there's not another developer that makes these games like fromsoft do, so It's dissapointing to hear that if it's the case.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

I've seen two different interviews where Miyazaki says "dark souls is my life's work" (in one he calls it the "...culmination of my life's work"). even if they move on to entirely new stuff id find it hard to believe there won't be at least one team at from devoted to making more souls content of some kind

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

ive never taken the shortcut, i always go through the whole thing. its a nice change of pace from the rest of the areas so ive never had a reason to mind it

doesnt soltaire die if you go through it that way>?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

my one pvp invader in demons was a guy who pulled open the switch on 4-1 i think where a door opens to a cliff face and i didn't know there was a cliff face or the layout of the level cuz i never been there and he kicked me down. cool. bUt 45 minutes of dual katana 2nd chance spam looks bad

that guy sounded cool tbh

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope they take a break and work on some dumb rpg ill never play

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

tumor looking batty posted:

doesnt soltaire die if you go through it that way>?

U can always just open the passage, kill the bugs and then go through normally. I read somewhere that with the poison cloud spell u get from the man who's with the fire keeper spider woman u can actually kill the bugs and complete that part of the Solaire quest without ever joining the covenent. Idk if it's true, just read that somewhere.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

i hope they take a break and work on some dumb rpg ill never play

Idk, I think from software's style of dark and depressing game could be really interesting in a different style, but then there would be nothing to fill the from software itch...

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Idk, I think from software's style of dark and depressing game could be really interesting in a different style, but then there would be nothing to fill the from software itch...

theres always lords of the fallen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres always lords of the fallen

lol

i think other parties will step in and fill in the void. theres already 8-million "souls-inspired" indie games in the pipeline, at some point someone has to do it right and end up making something fun

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Lords of the Fallen is dog poo poo. I tried really hard to like it but one of the first bosses had like a million hp and kept summoning adds and it was really stressful and it was designed so poorly I couldn't even tell if I was doing it right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

The difference now is that Miyazaki runs the company, so him saying it again carries a little more weight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope they make mech games.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I wouldn't mind if 3 is the last dark souls game but I hope From never stops making some kind of action rpg dark fantasy game. I doubt it will be the last one though, the series is insanely popular and makes them a ton of money

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that guy sounded cool tbh

he was

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

lol

i think other parties will step in and fill in the void. theres already 8-million "souls-inspired" indie games in the pipeline, at some point someone has to do it right and end up making something fun

they won't becasue it'll all be western dev garbage

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

They could reboot Armored Core

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo