Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

War Machine is fantastic on Domination even if they have Flak Jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Zombie Boat posted:

You can destroy UAV with the lightning gun as well.

Three or four taps from the Tempest takes down a RAPS deploy ship. :hellyeah:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

You can also snipe a UAV, with that first semi-auto sniper everyone is using, in ~ 6 shots (with a clip of 20 is it ?)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I almost want to buy this lovely game so I have something to play today and tomorrow in between fallout 4 and not having fallout 4. Convince me to not waste $60 please.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RC Cola posted:

I almost want to buy this lovely game so I have something to play today and tomorrow in between fallout 4 and not having fallout 4. Convince me to not waste $60 please.

Do it so I don't feel bad about my decisions. I bought it for this very reason. But no seriously, actually Black Ops 3 is a pretty solid game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

RC Cola posted:

It's not the worst call of duty I've ever played and will give you something to shoot when fallout 4 crushes you with badness

Sorry Hang on... *waves wand* abracadabra you are lifted of your gamer impulses and are going to spend the next two days outside instead of playing video games

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

It is a huge shame that the first decent multiplayer COD in a long time will be ignored because of the fairly justified prejudice. At least on PC, where the bad will is about 50 times thicker than consoles, all the boxes are ticked but no one will give it the time of day because of ghosts and AW and the whole dumbass narrative. PC Black ops 3 will die before the modding and mapping tools that would have given the game the longevity it needs to rival MW even come out.

Launch weekend peak is pathetic:

The biggest poo poo of it is that there isn't really anywhere else to turn. I can't stand CS & battlefield feels like poo poo - iceskating up to your next floaty-aimed shot is not fun.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I for one am glad I got blops3 on console

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've always considered Call of Duty to be a console exclusive ever since Call of Duty 2. The PC versions of these games have just been consistently bad for a long time now and the console versions have the biggest player numbers.

Don't feel too bad, the poor bastards that bought this on 360/ps3 have it way worse.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Qmass posted:

It is a huge shame that the first decent multiplayer COD in a long time will be ignored because of the fairly justified prejudice. At least on PC, where the bad will is about 50 times thicker than consoles, all the boxes are ticked but no one will give it the time of day because of ghosts and AW and the whole dumbass narrative. PC Black ops 3 will die before the modding and mapping tools that would have given the game the longevity it needs to rival MW even come out.

Launch weekend peak is pathetic:

The biggest poo poo of it is that there isn't really anywhere else to turn. I can't stand CS & battlefield feels like poo poo - iceskating up to your next floaty-aimed shot is not fun.

It's hard to compare it with older CoDs in terms of multiplayer numbers because people who only play campaign and/or zombies also get lumped into the all time peak, but the current all-time peak for Blops3 is almost twice of what Ghosts and AW had on PC and about 10k players less than peak Blops2.

It's probably going to be possible to play Blops3 3 years from now, like how Blops2 is still playable unlike Ghosts and AW. Mod support will help keep a reasonably-sized community playing the game. It's not going to be CS big or even BF big but to think it's going to be a ghost town within 5 months is stupidly pessimistic.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I don't think people realize how big the modding community will be for this. It's a Treyarch Call of Duty game in 2015. It's going to be awesome.

Mr E posted:

I for one am glad I got blops3 on console

Why? A week or two of bad performance for some people? Black Ops 3 on PC is going to be around for a long, long time.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 8, 2015

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Freerun - Blackout - 2.22.536 seconds.

Best time in South Africa by tomorrow night wins the Juggernog edition (Fridge!)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Blops3 Nuketown might be my fav version of this map, it's like the only playlist i've been playing lmao

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I don't think people realize how big the modding community will be for this. It's a Treyarch Call of Duty game in 2015. It's going to be awesome.

Why? A week or two of bad performance for some people? Black Ops 3 on PC is going to be around for a long, long time.

Source your quotes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

SamBishop posted:

This thread is moving really quickly, so I don't even know if this is something that will get answered, but I've been playing the campaign co-op with people, but just found it a bit too overwhleming; I was missing the story and spectacle stuff because I was reviving like crazy, and let's face it, that's sort of the whole point of the story. So, I went back solo and tried to see all the setpieces as Treyarch had intended, but in re-doing the second mission, I'm not able to hack or do any of the cool stuff that I played through the first time.

You didn't miss anything, the plot is just a complete mess and they don't explain anything in any way that makes sense. I don't mean the overarching plot, I mean "why did we blow up a plane twenty seconds into the campaign mode" or "who are any of these people we are supposed to be fighting"

They do some namedrops later in the story "oh god, X? X would NEVER do that!" and I would just go "umm excuse me, who is X?"

It is incredibly lazy writing that puts in no effort to establish a real enemy for the first part of the game, and then expects you to be shocked when the real bad guys are revealed.

work the balls Sally
Feb 20, 2006
Even as you read this, I'm masturbating to my own post.

Commissar Budgie posted:

after slowing the gently caress down and swapping out perks, I've had a lot more luck with the Gorgon. I'm not sure how much fmj helps shoot through poo poo, but hopefully it's making me cod more blops. Anyone have some recs for attachments?

I use grip and extended mags. I let the auto aim follow them when they duck back behind their wall and can usually edge out the kill, it's pretty ridiculous how often this happens.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

GET MY BELT SON posted:

so let's say I designed my favorite gun with a massive gaping goatse on it and I'm proud to show it off in my victory pose after a game. how do I do this?
the problem I'm having is that when I design my nice pretty gun in my loadout it doesn't show up except during the match

I go to the nice paint area and that just seems to do nothing really

I go to cusstomize my character and it doesn't show my goatse gun as available to show to others in my victory pose

what gives?

basically what's the point in having neat skins to work with on my gun if I can't show it off

what even is the "design your gun" part for then

You have to go to the Gunsmith or whatever and make your custom goatse gun and then put that as your showcase weapon

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

The bow you have to draw and then you still have to land the shot in order to kill, I feel like its not really any better than a rifle. And you end up saving it and then you're not sure if you want to use it... why bother?

Drawing the bow increases its range, its not required to kill. In close quarters you can treat the bow like a semi-auto rifle and let off shots in quick succession. Even if you don't hit them directly, The splash damage from the arrows can kill.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I got the juggernog edition and I was surprised by the coaster quality, they totally could have made it some cardboard coasters but they're made of rubber and the graphic on it is a relief not painted on

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

orly posted:

I got the juggernog edition and I was surprised by the coaster quality, they totally could have made it some cardboard coasters but they're made of rubber and the graphic on it is a relief not painted on

is this you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgwTn5sy44

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

I wish, but sadly hes more prepared than me

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You didn't miss anything, the plot is just a complete mess and they don't explain anything in any way that makes sense. I don't mean the overarching plot, I mean "why did we blow up a plane twenty seconds into the campaign mode" or "who are any of these people we are supposed to be fighting"

They do some namedrops later in the story "oh god, X? X would NEVER do that!" and I would just go "umm excuse me, who is X?"

It is incredibly lazy writing that puts in no effort to establish a real enemy for the first part of the game, and then expects you to be shocked when the real bad guys are revealed.

I haven't completed it yet but I really feel like a badguy in this story. We seem to bounce around areas committing terrorist acts on other "coalitions" for reasons never stated, invade the home of disaster survivors who literally were abandoned by the people who caused the disaster, we shoot boss woman's Brother because we don't know how to solve anything other than by massive amounts of force and then basically cause her to go ape poo poo resulting in massive civilian casualties and then lets mutilate the bitch! All this leads to the player character killing said woman by holding her face in fire until it cooks before your very eyes. The entire world is apparently at war 24/7 despite no one ever saying there is a world war going on. The other factions, always at war, get some data on the Wilmslow Accord forces and then suddenly the entire "west" is at risk because the other nations have been waiting for this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! White people should have listened!!!!. LOL! Never mind time to lethally mind rape 5 more people to get a bit of info.

Someone make a mod where I can be 54i gunning down the bougie pricks who are ignoring everyone in the quarantine zone and the thug black op mind rape teams who try to protect them. I say try because as well as being horrible cunts we're also really loving inept.

I mean i'm used to jingo nonsense, I really enjoyed blops I and II but they really failed to make a deserving "bad" guy in this game and it just makes the players "side" look terrible.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 8, 2015

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
So weird Achievement bug on the Xbone. I just completed the first mission on Hardened difficulty and got the Disavowed achievement, saying I've completed the game on Hardened, Veteran or Realistic. 20Gs. Anyone else had this?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Regarde Aduck posted:

I haven't completed it yet but I really feel like a badguy in this story. We seem to bounce around areas committing terrorist acts on other "coalitions" for reasons never stated, invade the home of disaster survivors who literally were abandoned by the people who caused the disaster, we shoot boss woman's Brother because we don't know how to solve anything other than by massive amounts of force and then basically cause her to go ape poo poo resulting in massive civilian casualties and then lets mutilate the bitch! All this leads to the player character killing said woman by holding her face in fire until it cooks before your very eyes. The entire world is apparently at war 24/7 despite no one ever saying there is a world war going on. The other factions, always at war, get some data on the Wilmslow Accord forces and then suddenly the entire "west" is at risk because the other nations have been waiting for this day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! White people should have listened!!!!. LOL! Never mind time to lethally mind rape 5 more people to get a bit of info.

Someone make a mod where I can be 54i gunning down the bougie pricks who are ignoring everyone in the quarantine zone and the thug black op mind rape teams who try to protect them. I say try because as well as being horrible cunts we're also really loving inept.

I mean i'm used to jingo nonsense, I really enjoyed blops I and II but they really failed to make a deserving "bad" guy in this game and it just makes the players "side" look terrible.

b-b-but in the game it's the badguys who waterboard a dude you're trying to extract! we, we have to be the good guys! :ohdear:
I mean, it's not like the only person to be arrested in the CIA torture scandal was the whistleblower or something...
Still better than Homefront, somehow.

And yeah, Hawkins is the most incompetent motherfucker of an A.I. helper I've seen in a long time, as well as a complete loving tool; *goes under the knife to become a cyborg despite being a perfectly healthy guy*

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 8, 2015

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A common theme in Black Ops is that the "heroes" are all kinda nasty cunts. Hmm could this maybe be intentional?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Roman posted:

A common theme in Black Ops is that the "heroes" are all kinda nasty cunts. Hmm could this maybe be intentional?

"An actual SCOTUS Judge posted:

"Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. ... He saved hundreds of thousands of lives," Judge Scalia said. Then, recalling Season 2, where the agent's rough interrogation tactics saved California from a terrorist nuke, the Supreme Court judge etched a line in the sand.
"Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?" Judge Scalia challenged his fellow judges. "Say that criminal law is against him? 'You have the right to a jury trial?' Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don't think so.

"So the question is really whether we believe in these absolutes. And ought we believe in these absolutes."

Emphasis on a fictional loving character from a television show is mine.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I've found out that with rare exception, everyone is constantly one second ahead of me because time travel netcode. So the only way I can get kills in any mode are camping in the back with the Gorgon..

So if you see people doing that, maybe it's not because they're being dicks who like playing that way, but because it's the only way they can actually survive in this loving game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Scalia would own as BLOPS DLC. Didn't a war criminal help write BLOPS2?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Scalia would own as BLOPS DLC. Didn't a war criminal help write BLOPS2?
Ollie North. And he even had a cameo!

Even in the MW games, usually the average joe army grunt is portrayed as good guys just doing their job, but every other character is... unpleasant

But because the games don't show average joe army grunts curb stomping Afghan babies, the games are considered Ooh-rah go USA jingoistic which really isn't the case if you're paying attention.

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 8, 2015

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
No one ever gets mock-outraged at fighting alongside Jonas "Blood Diamonds" Savimbi, though.

And his Heritage Foundation lobbyists, ha ha.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Hrm I seem to be earning lots of nice calling cards, but I can't pick one. Whenever I change it and go back to the main menu, it sets it back to the default. The emblem editor is also still locked out. What gives?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The Merry Marauder posted:

No one ever gets mock-outraged at fighting alongside Jonas "Blood Diamonds" Savimbi, though.

And his Heritage Foundation lobbyists, ha ha.

That's probably because no one knows who Jonas Savimbi is.

Hell, most people who play COD probably don't know who Oliver North is and why it was super hosed up for him to shill for Blops 2.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mnoba posted:

Have you gotten flame thrower guys yet? If you touch someone with it they die after about 2 seconds, easily the best ult in the game and how to get your killstreak chain filled up. Scavenger fills up lethals/non-lethals so it's actually worth having too.

Yeah I tried the flamethrower in a bot match and loved it. Haven't unlocked it for normal use yet though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

Do it so I don't feel bad about my decisions. I bought it for this very reason. But no seriously, actually Black Ops 3 is a pretty solid game.

It is pretty fun but I have a feeling I'm gonna tire of it really fast.

I've already seen the same 4 maps way too many times.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think I owe Treyarch an apology, this game is... is... actually p good.

I mean the netcode is still garbage and the connectivity issues in TYOOL 2015 are unbelievable, but that's cod being cod.

This game is absolutely jam packed with content, and even if a lot of that content is stuff I could give a gently caress about, it's still impressive.

As impressive as 3v12 Dom games for sure.

I'm also enjoying listening to people declare every weapon in the game 'OP' after ten minutes of use.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Got Prestige 1 :dukedog:

Only 10 more to go!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

victrix posted:

I think I owe Treyarch an apology, this game is... is... actually p good.
I mean the netcode is still garbage and the connectivity issues in TYOOL 2015 are unbelievable, but that's cod being cod.
I'm also enjoying listening to people declare every weapon in the game 'OP' after ten minutes of use.
Everyone else's gun seems OP to me, so good they cancel out seeing my own gun firing in the killcam

The content in the game is great but I am actually wishing I had a PC that could run it just for dedicated servers.

(If console also has dedicated servers, then lol)

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Superanos posted:

Got Prestige 1 :dukedog:

Only 10 more to go!

Did you get an extra class slot ?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Roman posted:

I wouldn't mind being the amoral military bad guys, they kind of did that thing in BLOPS2, but they put no effort in to actually establishing why you are doing anything other than "because the game won't progress otherwise". I have no idea who anyone is or who we are supposed to be fighting, it just is all a mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Did you get an extra class slot ?

Yeah, now I have 6 custom classes and an unlock token to permanently unlock any item. Hard to decide what to use it on, I'm not sure if Black Hat (level 54 unlock) is any good.

• Locked thread