Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Kanos posted:

If I'm in a random pub game and they all want to use some stupid exploit I'm just going to go along with it because it's not worth my time or effort to waste time arguing with people like that.

If I'm with my friends we're going to man up.

it just baffles me that people insist on pubbing this game when there's almost always someone to group up with in cts/chat

to each their own I guess

Gridlocked posted:

Just got Orange 2h for WH with Heroic Blow, Regrowth and Better Push

:boom:

this owns, gz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Just finished a Sewer level and it kicked us ALL out at the end before rolling dice and giving XP. How incredibly massively annoying.
We just keep getting "backend error".

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
That usually means their servers are down and since there's no play offline mode, you're boned.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Skandranon posted:

Next time, just rush forward and grab a Tome and Grimoire. Then they can't make you a sacrifice. Then when you 'accidentally' jump down after their sacrifice, they'll have no choice but to follow you.

But then its all of them saying "we will beam it!"

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Microwaves Mom posted:

But then its all of them saying "we will beam it!"

Hold the grimoire up and threaten to throw it off the tower if they even touch the beam. Then hurl yourself off the tower so they have to 3-man it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it my imagination or is the beam not even that effective? Yeah the trash rats gets confused but all it takes is one bad gas rat or ratling for everything to go to hell.

I only saw it once though so maybe it wasn't being done right. But it honestly seemed worse than just bunkering down on the horn platform.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Just play a map other than Horn of Magnus good lord.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I don't like the Horn exploits either, but it's a short sequence on one long map so who gives that much of a poo poo if people want to do it?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
E:
I'm slow and found it. Who wants to do some nightmare?

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 8, 2015

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Skandranon posted:

Hold the grimoire up and threaten to throw it off the tower if they even touch the beam. Then hurl yourself off the tower so they have to 3-man it.

suicidebomberlogic.txt

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

Can someone give me the mumble info for CTS?

The OP has a link to the CTS server info thread.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

LeJackal posted:

suicidebomberlogic.txt

Even better if you are playing on Nightmare as the BW and can overheat to blow them all up.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
i wanna kill rats who wants to kill rats?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Vargs posted:

I don't like the Horn exploits either, but it's a short sequence on one long map so who gives that much of a poo poo if people want to do it?

I'm just going to quote this and say its my opinion pretty much. Writing out paragraphs about it just isn't worth the time.

Do you know what is worth the time? Fusing together sword/shield and mace/shield melees for Kruber until you get an Orange. When I put together my Blues, I said to myself that no matter what the weapon was, the shield makes it worth it. The shield just gives you so much crowd control against trash rats and Stormvermin. With a good group, I can keep a patrol locked down while they snipe - or if I'm with pubs I can compensate for their lack of coordination.

When I fused I ended up with a Mace and Shield, which is okay. I feel kinda 50/50 on the Sword versus Mace, on one hand I miss the damage, on the other I love the knockback. Especially when there is a bit of lag between a clanrat's head and their body, so when I smack them their neck stretches cartoonishly until the body catches up and flies across the room.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Getting real tired of your poo poo, Vermintide :mad:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Sykic posted:

No, moments like that make the game own more than usual.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Sykic posted:

The Skaven are loving SNEAKY.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I've had Ratling Gunners take cover among the flowing shitwater of the sewers that somehow blocks bullets while they're still able to fire out of the waterfall.

Somehow, it's the most Skaven thing.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Just met my first group of lovely elitist goons who weren't really that good either. Wow.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Microwaves Mom posted:

Just met my first group of lovely elitist goons who weren't really that good either. Wow.

:eyepop:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Microwaves Mom posted:

:allears:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Microwaves Mom posted:

I don't who you played with, but sorry for your loss and being bad pubstar.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Snatch Duster posted:

I don't who you played with, but sorry for your loss and being bad pubstar.

Levels were called into question repeatedly with smugness.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

Well, guess that's it guys. Time to close the forum, some goons were less than ideal towards another goon.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Microwaves Mom posted:

Sounds you ran into the Git Gud Crew. Did you git gud? No? Try running powdered cheese a thousand times first. No I've got oranges I know I'm gud.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

This Thread posted:

:goonsay:

:goonsay:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Metos posted:

The charged attack released quickly kills stormvermin in 4-6 hits on nightmare with an orange one, and hits all stormvermin in front of you while also stun locking them permanently. It's pretty effective.

Shield weapons are far and away the best weapons in the game right now to the point of being legit overpowered.

I just hope the devs don't care.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

averox posted:

Sounds you ran into the Git Gud Crew. Did you git gud? No? Try running powdered cheese a thousand times first. No I've got oranges I know I'm gud.

I'm level 35 and still have no oranges. Truly the scrubbiest of scrubs.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I'm level 35 and still have no oranges. Truly the scrubbiest of scrubs.

Look at this guy, can't even throw digital dice the right way.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Man I hadnt realised 'there are goon players who are just as terrible as pubbies' was such a controversial opinion.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Random Integer posted:

Man I hadnt realised 'there are goon players who are just as terrible as pubbies' was such a controversial opinion.

I don't know about you scrubs, but I paid my :10bux: so obviously I'm much much better than those plebs at Reddit.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Sykic posted:

The Pistols have the most inconsistently poo poo hitboxes. I can hit things dead on with a bow an arrow 9/10 times but the pistol will just miss randomly for no reason.

I find it helps to crouch before each shot.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Microwaves Mom posted:

sucks to suck, jag

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Night Blade posted:

The Pistols have the most inconsistently poo poo hitboxes. I can hit things dead on with a bow an arrow 9/10 times but the pistol will just miss randomly for no reason.

If you get a set of pistols with Targeteer, it's a lot better.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

J4G SCUM!!!!!!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Night Blade posted:

that uh

that has nothing to do with what's going on in that gif

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Skandranon posted:

Well, guess that's it guys. Time to close the forum, some goons were less than ideal towards another goon.

People bring that up in response to posts like this

But Not Tonight posted:

it just baffles me that people insist on pubbing this game when there's almost always someone to group up with in cts/chat

to each their own I guess

Anytime someone brings up dumb stuff that happened in a public game, someone else will make this post like clockwork. Problem is playing with people in CTS doesn't suddenly make all of these problems go away, just maybe less likely. I was the one drythe mentioned that had to be a sacrifice on horn of magnus, which didn't ruin my day or whatever but I find it seriously dumb when it's part of the team's plan for somebody to have to to alt-tab for 5 minutes while everyone else hides. It's annoying because I really enjoy that level but people do the spergiest poo poo for the ending for no reason. Is the ending really that much harder than on any other level like engines of war or wizard tower?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

First time doing horn I told everyone to gently caress themselves cause I'd like to experience it, and it was not hard at all even on hard. I don't see the problem?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Just cheatengine your way to oranges and play on cataclysm all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Kazvall posted:

First time doing horn I told everyone to gently caress themselves cause I'd like to experience it, and it was not hard at all even on hard. I don't see the problem?

If they have to exploit the horn on hard that green they're going to get won't fix how bad they are at the game. You are doing Goon-Gods work.

• Locked thread