Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
dear diary, today i had an enjoyable game of counter strike. people were nice to me and i was nice back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

I was wondering if someone who is Supreme+ could give me feedback on a match that I played today. I'm currently hovering between LE and LEM at the moment and there seems to be a recurring theme in a lot of my games recently. Basically, I feel like I do well individually and outfrag most if not all of my team, but my performance doesn't seem to be converting into wins. A lot of the time I'm putting it down to lovely teammates who aren't stepping up to the plate, but I wanted to get a second opinion before I mark those games off as bad luck.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-oZpBx-UZ9ma-2pjdC-ibWAa-NP7rN
(I'm blyatimir putin in the demo)

This game seems to be fairly typical of my recent matches, I appear to do well but I lose anyway. Are my teammates really just uncarriable, are there things that I could be doing that would tip the balance, or am I just not carrying hard enough? Of course I don't want anyone to feel like they have to review this, but I would greatly appreciate it if they did! Thanks.

I find there's no point in picking out every individual error in a round, especially as every makes mistakes all the time, and not necessarily will they always make it. I'll try to keep it general.

T half:

Pretty apparent your opponents are diabolical bad given how often they whiff kills, but anyway. 7-8 is actually good on cache as T, but given the amount of entry kills you could have probably won the half 10-5 or better.

- At the start you seem bomb-phobic, and in the end you never plant it, or seem to have it. If you are the best player on your team, probably true, then you should take responsibility for it. Losing rounds because the bomber dies in squeeky alone. Not much you can do. One lost round where your team get mad because you lose it is worth being in control, or not having the bomb with retards.

- You rush B every single round. Not only is that hella boring for me to watch, it also shows your play as pretty formulaic. Obviously nothing wrong with going B if you get an entry most of the time, which you do, but you do it irrespective of what your team is doing. Not really a good plan. Many times you push through B and get 1-2 kills and you still lose the round because the rest of your team went A. It also means that you never get to actually flank the opponents because they know you will come, every single time.

Obviously your team comms is relevant here. If they even speak a little not cyka blyat and you care about winning, just tell them to come B. I can't hear comms in demo, so I have no idea how feasible that would have been.

P.S. That B flash would never flash a competent player because it is telegraphed by the noise.

- Overall you lack aggression. You fail to press home your advantage. Your opponents are terrible enough that you could run rings around them. However when you get entries, you then walk everywhere forever like a ninja. You'll never press home an advantage like that. I'm thinking especially of that round where you hear a guy in upper B and spend so long rotating around that he gets onto B site. Then you sit on the Upper B ramp for like 20 seconds. In your place I would have gone up the ramp and got the drop on that player 99.9% of the time for the kill.

CT half:

- Teammates are retarded and can't buy properly. To be expected I suppose. Things get more normal later on. You seem to drop for your team so obviously team vibes still exist in some form.

- 2b I don't like, but ok. You have the same formulaic thing going on, doing same smoke every round pretty much save a couple of occasions. Btw that smoke is also real bad. You lose a number of rounds because it allows them to get into chequers without being seen. Like, I would make almost that smoke as a Terrorist, unironically. You should also vary your position as a CT. Being expected to be somewhere is just begging to be pre-aimed and zoned out with nades.

- Long story short, if you want to carry bad people, you have to be flexible and do everything. Just holding B isn't good enough, especially if 2 people are B which is too many. Play more aggressive for info, and not just on eco and don't just rotate when your mates die, pro-actively rotate if you can. Also your grenades need work, both on placement and general usage. You threw some dubious nades/flashes that game.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Good advice

I play pretty similarly to him so that was really helpful. Any chance you have a demo of yourself I can compare to? I'm trying to learn nade placement especially.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Shahzam is on point right now, Conquest vs VP going to be really good.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gob b was 3-18 :lol::lol:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

Shahzam is on point right now, Conquest vs VP going to be really good.

e: oh its on mlgtv :/

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
gob b's monitor died on the pistol round and mouz lost the round as well. Will be interesting how the admins will resolve it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

gob b's monitor died on the pistol round and mouz lost the round as well. Will be interesting how the admins will resolve it.

I mean, considering

symbolic posted:

gob b was 3-18 :lol::lol:

He might do better without a monitor.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

He also 30-or-so bombed on inferno. Just had a bad map, I guess.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

He also 30-or-so bombed on inferno. Just had a bad map, I guess.
The tiltiest of tilters.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the ol p90 spraydown

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

So did they replay the pistol? I came back when it was 5-1.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

So did they replay the pistol? I came back when it was 5-1.
They did. Mous won it.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i think replaying the pistol round tilted conquest a little, but they are a legit team.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Well I'm really excited seeing that mousesports is in the finals

not that theyre gonna win but still

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

symbolic posted:

The tiltiest of tilters.

Worst fragging IGL not named 'Valens'.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Taz: You ask me about conquest? cool man.

Taz isn't giving ANY fucks about this interview right now COUGH

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Lol taz coughing

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I'd be pretty okay with mousesports winning but VP is OK too.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

mcvey posted:

with it being BO5 i don't know if mouse's map pool is deep enough.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Photex posted:

with it being BO5 i don't know if mouse's map pool is deep enough.

Yeah I don't think mouz gets more than a map here.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

holy pasha

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Pasha is 23 -7 on t side inferno. He is on point right now.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

VP dropping the BM kills.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

Team I don't care about vs. Team I don't care about with fuckboy NiKo

Hmmm

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Famethrowa posted:

I play pretty similarly to him so that was really helpful. Any chance you have a demo of yourself I can compare to? I'm trying to learn nade placement especially.

http://sub.io/csgo/demos/2015-11-08_23.38_de_mirage.dem

You can watch me ruin a goonman for your pleasure, although frankly I'm not the player to look to for nade placement. It's something you really learn in a team environment, and since I haven't done that for years I don't really know them well in CS:GO. Probably some basic stuff to look for in this match though. Jump + right click pop flashes are amazing and you should be doing them if you aren't already.

Just watch the pros if you want to learn good nade placement. They'll know all the tricks. Only important smoke I do in that vid is smoking A ramp as CT, and the way I do it is way superior to bouncing it off the wall. Throwing it into the ground makes it bloom faster, and you can make it central to the ramp.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Snax is so loving good lmao

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

snax with the anti-eco ace, jesus christ.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Thanks, that's extremely helpful and I think you're right, I do play way too predictable. The times I get entries seems mostly because my enemy is terrible and can't hold an angle properly, or pushes when they shouldn't, or something dumb like that. I'll try to be more aware of my teammates and what they are doing and try to mix it up a bit/be more flexible, rather than just doing the same thing every round. Also the stuff with taking control of the overall flow of the game and being more aggressive in general I'll need to work on.

qhat fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 9, 2015

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
So I'm going through and deathmatching with every weapon I can, both getting achievements (dont judge me) and generally trying to learn how to use the weapons. So far, I'm predictably best with the aug, ak, and m4, okay with everything else, and a flaming burning shitheap with the glock. Holy jesus, I hate the glock, and now understand why I personally should never try to use it for real. Jesus. I can get 2-1 K/D ratios against pubbies in deathmatch with most anything else- the sawed off, the mac10, any other pistol- but with a glock it's like 1-3. I'm rancid. :gonk: Not really news to anyone, I just feel like venting after the nightmare few rounds I just tried to practice the glock with.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Glock tip: aim near head, keep tapping until dead or out of bullets.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

In DM people automatically have body armor + helmets. Glock doesn't do poo poo against armor, you need to hit unarmored heads with it for it to be effective. Just use it on the pistol rounds.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Don't bother with valve DM ever, just join an FFA HS-only pistol server that has kevlar but no helmet. But anyway, you probably suck with the glock because it is very inaccurate with range and its damage falls off pretty fast. The best strategy to employ with that gun is get as close as possible and use the additional 8 bullets it has over the USP to spam the gently caress out of the person's head.

qhat fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Nov 9, 2015

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
I got to say, the "You got to be Level 3 to play real CS" rule is very annoying. I've played CS before, so making me grind Demolition and Arms Race is a bit annoying, even if it does keep out a lot of smurfs and hackers.

Only 450XP left however, so I'm pretty happy.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yay 2015 Service Medal now I can show everyone how cool I am much I play

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Tigern posted:

I got to say, the "You got to be Level 3 to play real CS" rule is very annoying. I've played CS before, so making me grind Demolition and Arms Race is a bit annoying, even if it does keep out a lot of smurfs and hackers.

Only 450XP left however, so I'm pretty happy.

It's also really ineffective for stopping smurfs. If I was completely new to the game today, I don't know if I would have the patience to grind hours of lovely game modes at the start, and then only be able to get 2 wins a day, for a minimum of 5 days just to play real CS.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yeah they really made the system uninviting for new players just to make it harder for the current players to be dicks

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

qhat posted:

and then only be able to get 2 wins a day, for a minimum of 5 days just to play real CS.

Wait what? Does this mean I can't play more games after I have 2 wins?

Not like I will get 2 wins per day :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Before you have a matchmaking rank (but after your profile rank is high enough for matchmaking) it only lets you play 2 wins a day because if it let you do more it couldn't calculate an accurate rank.

Cause reasons.

But once you're ranked it no longer cares

• Locked thread