Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ed is cool especially when he buries trash rear end sempervive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Where is the clip in the beginning of the Karl Stern Show from; the one that goes "You wanna talk about wrestling? That's redneck talk"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Talkin' Shop is chaotic again, but the bit at the very end where they drill AJ Styles on the Presidential candidates is hilarious, especially the bit about Marco Rubio :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Talkin' Shop is chaotic again, but the bit at the very end where they drill AJ Styles on the Presidential candidates is hilarious, especially the bit about Marco Rubio :allears:

It cuts off right when it's getting good!

The last two Tizz Schizz's have been outstanding. The 9/11 chat from the last episode is the best the podcast has ever been.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
What did Will Brooks do to piss off Meltzer?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

What did Will Brooks do to piss off Meltzer?

Didn't he no show a podcast booking?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I finally read the HOF Observer and holy poo poo those guest articles about Eddy Quinn and Perro Aguayo Jr. were poorly written

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

I finally read the HOF Observer and holy poo poo those guest articles about Eddy Quinn and Perro Aguayo Jr. were poorly written

The Quinn article is written by a non-native English speaker. Even the translation of his book is a bit awkward.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

The Quinn article is written by a non-native English speaker. Even the translation of his book is a bit awkward.

I figured as much. Whoever translated it tried to literally translate French-Canadian idioms into English and it sounds really bad

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Attitude Era covers Royal Rumble 2001.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd love it if Meltz took a shot at writing a lucha legends full life story one day. I know he does those great bios in the WON, but I feel like a book about the Santo legacy or the Guererro family would be amazing. It feels like lucha is written about so little.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is there anywhere I can find old Observer newsletters or radio shows from 2005? I want to hear what Dave had to say about the Kurt Vs Booker feud. You know the one.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is there anywhere I can find old Observer newsletters or radio shows from 2005? I want to hear what Dave had to say about the Kurt Vs Booker feud. You know the one.

If you subscribe, you can just go to the archive

Edit: why is that year gone

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 8, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's no Observer newsletters up from 2005, and the only radio shows with Dave are the Bryan and Dave Figure 4 Daily shows from that period. The sites didn't merge until 2008, so the newsletters are up from 91-98 and 08-present.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That's terrible news, I need to know the thought process behind Kurt the Rapist.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
beastiality

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's terrible news, I need to know the thought process behind Kurt the Rapist.

You misspelled medalist

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Was that the feud where he had Daivari as his manager, wasn't a fan of "the black people" and wanted to make Jesus tap out?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Germansimp posted:

Was that the feud where he had Daivari as his manager, wasn't a fan of "the black people" and wanted to make Jesus tap out?

No that promo was later at New Year's Revolution 2006. AKA the show where Edge won his first world championship: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6oyft_kurt-angle-dislikes-black-people-an_sport

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

You misspelled medalist

Edit: Actually, never mind, that's terrible.

Germansimp posted:

No, that was the feud where Kurt couldn't get people to boo him in a feud with Cena.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that was what that promo was about, after that he says "you see? i can say anything and these idiots will still cheer me!"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hahaha I never knew until now that's where "who'd he ever beat?" came from

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

I just realized I've been confusing that phrase with "How much does this guy weigh?"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

St Evan Echoes posted:

isn't that like an old, old boxing thing

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

mariooncrack posted:

Didn't he no show a podcast booking?

He did, but it sounded like that's what pissed Bryan off, and there was something before that that had pissed Dave off.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Spermgod posted:

isn't that like an old, old boxing thing
yeah but it gets thrown around the wrestle threads a lot

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that was what that promo was about, after that he says "you see? i can say anything and these idiots will still cheer me!"

Todd Grisham: "Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest at this time Kurt Angle. [Kurt Angle kommt zusammen mit Daivari ins Bild] Kurt, later tonight you'll be participating in your first ever Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Title, what's going through your head right now?"

Kurt Angle: "Well before I get into that, first of all I'd like to say that I hope the U.S. loses the war in Iraq. And ah, while I'm at it, I think the greatest country in the world is France, what do you think? And you know, truth to be told, I'm not a very big fan of the black people. And if I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be Jesus."

Todd Grisham: "Kurt, what do you... what are you talking about?"

Kurt Angle: "The point is, I can say anything I want to these idiots and they'll still cheer for me. Sure, when I first come out, they'll chant 'you suck', but after a couple of seconds I got them in the palm of my hands. They give me a standing ovation every time. And why is that? It's like a dog knows when a storm's coming in. Everyone, all these fans know that I am the greatest wrestler in the world. I'm better than Cena. I beat Shawn Michaels and Kane at WrestleMania. And Chris Masters and Carlito aren't even in my league. Now, I won my very first title here in Albany and tonight, I'm gonna do it again. Yeah!"

http://anglepromo.ytmnd.com/

Fun promo. Also was the later part of what happened when people hated Cena during his first reigns- he was way worse back then, but at maximum rapidoo, beating Jericho and Angle (better wrestlers who the fans liked more).

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 9, 2015

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Don't forget Christian too. He was getting over with fans a ton and welp

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan was so happy to actually be able to tell somebody off for not changing the battery in their smoke detector :allears:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Don't forget Christian too. He was getting over with fans a ton and welp

I still remember being so excited that it looked like they were going to push Christian against Cena. I never expected him to beat Big Match John of course, but just Christian getting in that slot was awesome.

Then they shoehorned Jericho in there and got rid of Christian as fast as possible and that was that.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Wazzu posted:

Todd Grisham: "Ladies and Gentlemen, my guest at this time Kurt Angle. [Kurt Angle kommt zusammen mit Daivari ins Bild] Kurt, later tonight you'll be participating in your first ever Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Title, what's going through your head right now?"

Kurt Angle: "Well before I get into that, first of all I'd like to say that I hope the U.S. loses the war in Iraq. And ah, while I'm at it, I think the greatest country in the world is France, what do you think? And you know, truth to be told, I'm not a very big fan of the black people. And if I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be Jesus."

Todd Grisham: "Kurt, what do you... what are you talking about?"

Kurt Angle: "The point is, I can say anything I want to these idiots and they'll still cheer for me. Sure, when I first come out, they'll chant 'you suck', but after a couple of seconds I got them in the palm of my hands. They give me a standing ovation every time. And why is that? It's like a dog knows when a storm's coming in. Everyone, all these fans know that I am the greatest wrestler in the world. I'm better than Cena. I beat Shawn Michaels and Kane at WrestleMania. And Chris Masters and Carlito aren't even in my league. Now, I won my very first title here in Albany and tonight, I'm gonna do it again. Yeah!"

http://anglepromo.ytmnd.com/

Fun promo. Also was the later part of what happened when people hated Cena during his first reigns- he was way worse back then, but at maximum rapidoo, beating Jericho and Angle (better wrestlers who the fans liked more).

Then like two weeks later Kurt Angle won the World title on SmackDown and was a babyface until he got fired.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm currently reading the Perro Aguayo one in Dr Lucha's voice. It's not so bad if you consider he wrote it just like he would've said it on a podcast.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Speaking of which Dr. Lucha is on this week's Between the Sheets http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-16-november-3-9-1994/

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

mariooncrack posted:

I'm currently reading the Perro Aguayo one in Dr Lucha's voice. It's not so bad if you consider he wrote it just like he would've said it on a podcast.

I thought the writing in the Perro bio greatly improved after the first few paragraphs. Very shaky start for some reason.

My takeaway from the Eddie Quinn induction was roughly "this dude was a loving rear end in a top hat."

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

mariooncrack posted:

he used FWIW in an article published in a magazine that was sold for money

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:siren: OJ Simpson truther on WOL talking about Benoit :siren:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

he used FWIW in an article published in a magazine that was sold for money

Admittedly, I didn't get that far into the article when I wrote that. I hope the book or books he's working on don't have anything like that in them.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'm listening to the latest MLW Radio with Court, Konnan, and Mysterio and Konnan's reaction to the Alberto Del Rio situation is hilarious to me. Right now he's at the "Guy who gets broken up with, but believes when the ex says they still want to be friends" stage. I'm guessing within a month he'll be at the "scorned guy who says he never really liked his ex to begin with" part.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Luigi Thirty posted:

:siren: OJ Simpson truther on WOL talking about Benoit :siren:

Shouldn't "OJ Simpson Truther" refer to someone who doesn't believe the official story that OJ is innocent, i.e. pretty much everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Retromancer posted:

Shouldn't "OJ Simpson Truther" refer to someone who doesn't believe the official story that OJ is innocent, i.e. pretty much everyone?

It was some guy rambling about Benoit and the Hall of Fame. Bryan let him go for a while and then dumped him when Bryan talked about OJ and he said "yeah but OJ was innocent!"

• Locked thread