Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I guess there's still issues with i5 processors, I can run MP fine, but the framerate in SP is up and down constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's 2015 and you people still insist on trying to play COD smoothly on PC my lord

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Please nerf the gorgon and also remove high caliber from the game. Or at least give it to smgs.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I can't believe how poor the campaign is. Advanced Warfare was easily the best since MW2, and by comparison, this feels worse than Ghosts. Truly awful. Boring uninspired set piece after boring uninspired set piece. The multiplayer is good, but holy gently caress is the campaign disappointing.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It's 2015 and you people still insist on trying to play COD smoothly on PC my lord

AW/BO2/BO3 have been able to run at a reliable 60FPS/3440x1440/high settings. On launch day, I was struggling to get 2560x1440/medium/solid 50

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Please nerf the gorgon and also remove high caliber from the game. Or at least give it to smgs.

eat it smg lover :smugdog:

(Pharo owns)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

(Pharo owns)

SMG's in this one are real bad.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Bagpuss_UK posted:

:sigh: 13-odd iterations of CoD later, and still not a single loving pubbie that I end up with on my team has learnt how to play Domination, and are all loving allergic to setting foot anywhere near the B flag.

maybe it's the way you shriek and cackle at them that makes them not want to support

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The Kuda and the Weevil are pretty nice

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

victrix posted:

(Pharo owns)

poo poo I just unlocked this, it's a beast. The sad thing is there's no way it's not getting nerfed in next month's patch.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
The VMP is a very bad gun. I love it so much but it's very trash. The weevil out performs it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Everyone seems to have differing opinions about which guns are good. Is... is this what gun balance feels like?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I agree with Rei; the Kuda isn't bad.

The Vesper is a loving turd though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My younger brother is one of those crazy CoD wizards and he's been using the Kuda nearly exclusively.

Though he would probably do just as well with whatever he used.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How my games have been going this afternoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6cpW5GXDbE

Also the Weevil is the only gun I've done alright with so far. gently caress all the other guns.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Fibby Boy posted:

Kuda is probably my favorite gun I have access to for the smaller maps. It does great from close to medium range. I've been switching between it and the Gorgon depending on the map. The VMP seems to be garbage tier to me though.

This is my first CoD in forever, and I'm having tons of fun, but I absolutely suck at the objective based boards. In normal team deathmatch I've worked up to a little over 1:1 K:D. But, then I've been playing nuketown for fast XP, and in the other game modes I am lucky to get .5 or .6 K:D so the XP is not really faster for me. I think it's because I actually attempt to complete the objectives, which seems like kind of a rarity and gets you murdered if your team isn't doing the same.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I actually like the Vesper, but I haven't unlocked Scavenger yet which means I can get about 3 kills before I'm out of ammo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Substandard posted:

Kuda is probably my favorite gun I have access to for the smaller maps. It does great from close to medium range. I've been switching between it and the Gorgon depending on the map. The VMP seems to be garbage tier to me though.

This is my first CoD in forever, and I'm having tons of fun, but I absolutely suck at the objective based boards. In normal team deathmatch I've worked up to a little over 1:1 K:D. But, then I've been playing nuketown for fast XP, and in the other game modes I am lucky to get .5 or .6 K:D so the XP is not really faster for me. I think it's because I actually attempt to complete the objectives, which seems like kind of a rarity and gets you murdered if your team isn't doing the same.

Yeah I'm probably gonna have to stick with the Kuda or Weevil for the time being. Sucks cause I really like the VMP. It's just so so bad.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Fibby Boy posted:

I like the Kuda, Weevil (although the range drop off is horrendous) and the Pharo. The Kuda is probably the most consistent in CQC whereas the Pharo just dominates at close to medium range encounters. I haven't tried the Razorback post-Beta yet but I know it got nerfed pretty hard just before the Beta ended.

But yeah, SMGs should get high caliber, it's just too bad that they won't.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I got the minigun robot

life's okay y'all

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Having played around with the P-06, I think it's a real dumb 3-round Burst Assault Rifle in the Sniper Rifle class. A burst rifle that kills in one bullet to chest and higher(upper chest with a suppressor) at all ranges with all the penetration of a regular rear end sniper rifle? :allears:

Once you get used to the dumb delay before bursts it feels dumb as hell.

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 9, 2015

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
Hey thanks for the pro-tip on the Gorgon. As a career 0.7 k/d guy I just went 42-15 on Nuketown and have been positive six games in a row.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Where are you hardcore kill confirmed? I miss you.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
If I buy the Season Pass, do I automatically get access to Nuketown?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

If I buy the Season Pass, do I automatically get access to Nuketown?

I bought the game from a brick and mortar store yesterday and it came with Nuketown

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Safe Driver posted:

HC CTF owns and is an acceptable replacement

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I pre-ordered digitally on PS4 and for whatever reason I don't have access to Nuketown. Or if I do, I don't know where to find it. I didn't see a Nuketown playlist anywhere.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I pre-ordered digitally on PS4 and for whatever reason I don't have access to Nuketown. Or if I do, I don't know where to find it. I didn't see a Nuketown playlist anywhere.
It's in the bonus playlist

maybe you might have to dl it manually? look in your Library

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I had to choose Store from in the game, and then it gave me the Nuk3town download for free (plus Giants).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Less Fat Luke posted:

I had to choose Store from in the game, and then it gave me the Nuk3town download for free (plus Giants).
Oh yeah, there it is. I feel like they should've had a MOTD about that or something.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Substandard posted:

Are you playing exclusively with at least two other goons? If not, your Kraft Dinner is that low because you don't have a crew to communicate with and protect your flanks. If you play with goons your stats will immediately improve by 10-20% per additional goon.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsOqGbkc4E

free running on redwood around the entire map, i kinda thought you could do this with those big trees

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Why it gotta be black anyways

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Why it gotta be black anyways

Because they couldn't get the rights to use Starbucks and how could you do White Ops without it?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Safe Driver posted:

this

here are the guns that are good:

SMG: weevil is good, kuda is OK
AR: AN44 and the burst ones are good
LMG: gorgon is op as hell
Sniper: how would I know, sniping is for idiots
Shotgun: HAYMAKER

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Substandard posted:

Here is my number one rule of COD games: don't play objective modes if you're playing solo, unless you love getting annoyed at your idiot teammates.

I only play objectives if I have a team of 3+ and even then, 3 good team members can easily be dragged down by 3 morons who decide sniping is the best way to win Hardlink or w/e

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
This game was so good at launch. Why did they have to make it so awful to play. :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I would be ok with other colored ops, tbqh.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Arcella posted:

I guess there's still issues with i5 processors, I can run MP fine, but the framerate in SP is up and down constantly.

Seriously? It runs like poo poo because I have an i5 with my 970? That is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I don't give a drat how badly it fucks parties, please turn the servers back on. This poo poo is loving awful.

• Locked thread