Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

rear end cobra posted:

Its called a BOG you retard swede

you mean a bög ahahahahaha

all jokes aside i dont think i even want to live in norway anymore even if i get a working visa it seems like they hate foreigners more than they admit and liquor costs too much, sweden has already been taken over, living in finland while forced to find humor in the painful absurd existence seems like the living equivalent to reading an albert camus novel

any fins want to get me a work visa for your canned soup company or whatever it is you people do? a sauna repairman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

all off now. they were told it was the assigned housing or nothing (because there is literally nothing else avaliable)

seven got off and left for malmö. they don't know it yet but they're p hosed.

why didn't you racists give them good housing

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Hogge Wild posted:

why didn't you racists give them good housing

we're pretty much down to this now

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

extra stout posted:

you mean a bög ahahahahaha

all jokes aside i dont think i even want to live in norway anymore even if i get a working visa it seems like they hate foreigners more than they admit and liquor costs too much, sweden has already been taken over, living in finland while forced to find humor in the painful absurd existence seems like the living equivalent to reading an albert camus novel

any fins want to get me a work visa for your canned soup company or whatever it is you people do? a sauna repairman?

impossible to find employment here unless you know finnish or are willing to clean toilets and have everyone pretend you dont exist

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 8, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

we're pretty much down to this now

ah ok, i wouldn't want to sleep in the same tent with that creep

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

extra stout posted:

all jokes aside i dont think i even want to live in norway anymore even if i get a working visa it seems like they hate foreigners more than they admit

only the non-western ones

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
my dad is english but lives in norway and whenever I visit and we go driving around sarpsborg or Fredrikstad you should hear him bitching and moning about "loving scrounging immigrants" as soon as he sees a brown person lol. He don't even pay any tax cause he only ever does black work.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
reverse danegeld

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Free Market Mambo posted:

Winter births, while difficult, are a source of great pride for the Finn.

born wearing a lion pendant :eyepop:

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Herman Merman posted:

Don't we all?

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Herman Merman posted:

He's a Leo, born in late summer obviously. You can tell by the lack of snow on the trees.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

LordArgh posted:

only the non-western ones

i wish this was true but when i read the immigration laws of norway even those that apply to me as an american it's really loving dumb, you have to bring 12 grand cash, have a work or student visa first which everyone says no one will give me, and then if you have all that you get a janitor job and can't afford 50 dollar pizzas or 50 dollar bottom shelf liquor

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

extra stout posted:

i wish this was true but when i read the immigration laws of norway even those that apply to me as an american it's really loving dumb, you have to bring 12 grand cash, have a work or student visa first which everyone says no one will give me, and then if you have all that you get a janitor job and can't afford 50 dollar pizzas or 50 dollar bottom shelf liquor

lol owned

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hogge Wild posted:

reverse danegeld

reverse dangle? Nobody wants to hear about your genitals

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

extra stout posted:

lol

I can't feed myself, get a job, or get into college. Why wont a foreign country to which I have no ties whatsoever support me?

loving dumbasses, can't they see I'm an american and thus deserving of a social system I or my parents never paid for.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waci posted:

lol

I can't feed myself, get a job, or get into college. Why wont a foreign country to which I have no ties whatsoever support me?

loving dumbasses, can't they see I'm an american and thus deserving of a social system I or my parents never paid for.

now do you understand the mentality behind people who spend so much time writing internet posts about how borders shouldn't exist

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

extra stout posted:

Well, you know any sane country would prefer to take in immigrants that are actually kind of useful.

Also, norway has always had a pretty restrictive immigration policy, though we do our share of quota refugees and stuff as well (though I think both Sweden have Denmark have taken in many more in relation to population than we have).

fun thing about norway is that swedes are our largest population of immigrants, who come here to work because sweden actually is pretty lovely when it comes to employment. they mostly do lower tier service jobs like bartending, waiting, and reception work.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

reddit is really happy norway told afghans they face certain death if they attempt to enter the country lol

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Randarkman posted:

Well, you know any sane country would prefer to take in immigrants that are actually kind of useful.

Also, norway has always had a pretty restrictive immigration policy, though we do our share of quota refugees and stuff as well (though I think both Sweden have Denmark have taken in many more in relation to population than we have).

fun thing about norway is that swedes are our largest population of immigrants, who come here to work because sweden actually is pretty lovely when it comes to employment. they mostly do lower tier service jobs like bartending, waiting, and reception work.

dont they work there but then only buy groceries and snus back in sweden because your taxes are poo poo? ive got a bad american associates and i thought that would at least get me a job as like an american flag underwear stripper or greeting people in english in hotels or something

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

extra stout posted:

dont they work there but then only buy groceries and snus back in sweden because your taxes are poo poo? ive got a bad american associates and i thought that would at least get me a job as like an american flag underwear stripper or greeting people in english in hotels or something

some might if they live close to the border. but there are swedes all over the country really. though mostly in oslo. that's about a 3 hour car trip i think to get to svinesund. it'll end up costing you quite a bit in gas, though i think there are buses set up in østfold to get you cheaply to sweden. anyway there's nothing stopping norwegians living in the same place from doing the same thing, but most don't because of travel expenses and convenience at just going down to the local store.

swedes can easily come and go because they are in schengen. that's where your luck runs out.

e: it's either that or have education which can be useful for a job in the oil industry. I think still alot of the workers there are English and American as they were at the start when English and American oil companies were contracted to explore the north sea for oil. then alot of the workers were kept on when the state nationalized the oil reserves, so that their expertise could be utilized.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 9, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Oberleutnant posted:

pictured: a swedish speaking Finn surrounded by some finnnish speaking finns.

a murder of jews checking out a new goy toy

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Randarkman posted:

some might if they live close to the border. but there are swedes all over the country really. though mostly in oslo. that's about a 3 hour car trip i think to get to svinesund. it'll end up costing you quite a bit in gas, though i think there are buses set up in østfold to get you cheaply to sweden. anyway there's nothing stopping norwegians living in the same place from doing the same thing, but most don't because of travel expenses and convenience at just going down to the local store.

swedes can easily come and go because they are in schengen. that's where your luck runs out.

e: it's either that or have education which can be useful for a job in the oil industry. I think still alot of the workers there are English and American as they were at the start when English and American oil companies were contracted to explore the north sea for oil. then alot of the workers were kept on when the state nationalized the oil reserves, so that their expertise could be utilized.

im a derelict with a humanities major but i still appreciate all those words so i can fantasize about another life where it's night all the time and everybody is drinkine kaffe and using general or ettan snus while talking about how they wish trotsky never got killed by that ice axe

the jokes on you - i might not be able to afford to do almost anything in america but they ran a promotion here where general snus was 1 dollar a can including taxes

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

extra stout posted:

im a derelict with a humanities major but i still appreciate all those words so i can fantasize about another life where it's night all the time and everybody is drinkine kaffe and using general or ettan snus while talking about how they wish trotsky never got killed by that ice axe

the jokes on you - i might not be able to afford to do almost anything in america but they ran a promotion here where general snus was 1 dollar a can including taxes

snus is for swedes and weaklings

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Free Market Mambo posted:

Winter births, while difficult, are a source of great pride for the Finn.

That guy's Norwegian

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

We're all Finnish on the inside and that's what truly matters

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Truer words never said. The swamp runs deep.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

From the swamp you came and to the swamp you shall return. Stay safe Finland män

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

extra stout posted:

I know a lot of north americans who live and work in oslo with no issues whatsoever

they are however smart and have marketable skills so ymmv

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
if we suddenly need lots of people with degrees in english literature or finger painting i'll let the thread know so that americans can apply to come live here

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
underwater basket weaving could be useful on oil rigs though

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
For real, learn how to weave birchbark or some poo poo and get a cultural grant.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Finland is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: The Country.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Oberleutnant posted:

thats lithuania, we dont even drink that much

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Oberleutnant posted:

Росси́я

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
its almost impossible for foreigners, even white, to find decent jobs in finland unless you have a very specific skill or degree. I dated an american with two degrees (medical administration and english) and she sent over 80 applications in 6 months and didnt even get a single interview. Maybe it was the brown sounding lastname though.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
no, she and you just didn't know the right people

lol at getting a job with just papers

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
Nepotism: The Country, imo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
and the biggest lol is that you cant even get a decent blue collar job without good contacts

theres no chance in hell that some iraqi refugee will ever get anything more than a temp minimum wage job

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

goatse.cx haver posted:

its almost impossible for foreigners, even white, to find decent jobs in finland unless you have a very specific skill or degree. I dated an american with two degrees (medical administration and english) and she sent over 80 applications in 6 months and didnt even get a single interview. Maybe it was the brown sounding lastname though.

what is brown in the context of finland

like any name that isnt finniällätrol kräksänankiälläkaiikiki would be foreign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
brown = lightly tanned. i have a finnish friend who has dark curly hair and brown eyes and he was called a quarter-friend of the family (varttineekeri) for most of his childhood.

then i have a friend whos half tansanian so basically black and he regularily gets denied access to bars and nightclubs. dudes been born here, lived here all his life and often gets treated like poo poo because of the colour of his skin.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 11, 2015

• Locked thread