Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

He's not 'trolling' me he just has an opinion and is sharing it in his own way. We must listen to every point of view regardless of how it is expressed. Just as we must cherish our old, we must also nurture our young. They are the future.

You've got my vote pussflaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
Does anyone actually like scrolling past this tedious GBS superstar nonsense?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I had no idea. I'm sorry I'll try to avoid mentioning it moving forward.

As it happens I have a long-term illness from the opposite problem, being chronically underweight. Diabetes hasn't cropped up yet, though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Silly Hyena posted:

Not really, but pissflaps will die unless someone validates his idiot posts, and letting a grown manchild die would be too cruel even for me.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

As it happens I have a long-term illness from the opposite problem, being chronically underweight. Diabetes hasn't cropped up yet, though.

That sounds debilitating. I hope you're getting the best possible treatment.

Silly Hyena posted:

Please, for the sake of the account you're currently logged in to, I urge you to not go down this path again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Old folk are terrible and the smell

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
I can't wait for the UK to legalise marijuana guys

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Silly Hyena posted:

The answer is no, but posting about posting is worse than even the most heinously bland shitpost slapfight. So uh,

Pissflaps posted:

Please, for the sake of the account you're currently logged in to, I urge you to not go down this path again.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
My grandparents are nice, but they do smell odd.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
All but one of my grandparents died before I could know them. The one I did meet smelled strongly of cigarettes because she was a heavy smoker. I never got chance to smell my other grandparents.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

XMNN posted:

My grandparents are nice, but they do smell odd.

I bet my grandparents smell odder than yours :zombie:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SurrealityCheck posted:

Well you can't, old people won't let you because they are terrible and should be scorned and shunned from society and have their votes taken away.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

SurrealityCheck posted:

You will have to wait for a mate of the government to set up ProPot, a medical hydroponics company.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SurrealityCheck posted:

They're doing it by the de facto route of defunding the police so they stop caring.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Trickjaw posted:

You will have to wait for a mate of the government to set up ProPot, a medical hydroponics company.

The system works!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

Well you can't, old people won't let you because they are terrible and should be scorned and shunned from society and have their votes taken away.

I can't agree with this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Too bad, we're going the full Logan's Run.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't want to eat reconstituted grannies.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I don't want to eat reconstituted grannies.

You'll eat whatever when you get your legal weed.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
That was Soylent Green, in Logan's run old people are just vapourised or something. On the plus side, their version of Tinder is much better.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Soylent is a real food product now, made by some shut-in.

It looks like it tastes like wallpaper paste looks like it tastes like.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I think Pissflaps should try Soylent in order to give us an accurate comparison with wallpaper paste.

e: Actually no, I wouldn't want anyone to have to try Soylent.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Trickjaw posted:

At least it's not a politician running it, then it would be PolPot.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jedit posted:

At least it's not a politician running it, then it would be PolPot.

Ha, that took longer than I expected, but well done!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

big scary monsters posted:

That was Soylent Green, in Logan's run old people are just vapourised or something. On the plus side, their version of Tinder is much better.
Turn old people into legal weed and vapourise them you say?

I'm in.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Old people smell weird but I am also not a fan of the smell of weed. Unsure how I would feel about the two combined. Maybe we should run trials.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

He's not 'trolling' me he just has an opinion and is sharing it in his own way. We must listen to every point of view regardless of how it is expressed.

not if it's Germaine Greer expressing it

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bowgate is getting the media a negative backlash and Corbyn skipped a VIP lunch to actually mingle with the veterans, how can we smear him now? gently caress it, it was all an act. Forget old people, turn newspaper editors into soylent green.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

XMNN posted:

Turn old people into legal weed and vapourise them you say?

I'm in.
Eat the rich, smoke the old, DCFADP

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

Bowgate is getting the media a negative backlash and Corbyn skipped a VIP lunch to actually mingle with the veterans, how can we smear him now? gently caress it, it was all an act. Forget old people, turn newspaper editors into soylent green.

Amazing. You don't act like them and you're a menace. You act like them and you're only acting, which is somehow worse.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

TACD posted:

smoke the old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLw2lyLnA8

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Baron Corbyn posted:

Moore converted to Roman Catholicism following the Church of England's decision to allow the ordination of women priests.[27][28] His wife, a former English don at Cambridge University, chose not to make such a move and remains an Anglican.[29]

lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

JFairfax posted:

not if it's Germaine Greer expressing it

Shes a pretty vile woman but this 'no platforming' thing is incredibly harmful to the people it purports to protect.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Baron Corbyn posted:

I was four in 1981, so I'm understandably late to this controversy but I wouldn't have called this...

... a donkey jacket. Do I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a donkey jacket is or is your man from the Telegraph just a giant penis that somehow learned to wear a suit?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
It was the controversy/lie of that era, that Foot wore a donkey jacket to the service which was clearly bollocks. It remains as fact even now.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I'm amazed Corbyn doesn't just go 'gently caress it, cant do right for doing wrong' and stop in bed.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/09/four-departments-agree-to-meet-george-osbornes-cuts-target

quote:

Four government departments have agreed deep spending cuts of 8% a year for the next four years, George Osborne will announce on Monday.
The Treasury and the Departments of Transport, Environment, and Communities and Local Government, are the first ministries to agree cuts in a spending review intent on slashing £20bn from the cost of government.
In a speech in London, Osborne will argue that controlling £4tn of government spending over the next five years was essential to guarantee national and economic security.
By naming the four departments that have reached a provisional agreement with the Treasury before the full results of the spending review are revealed on 25 November, Osborne hopes to put pressure on ministers who are still resisting his demands for cuts in their departments.
Negotiations with Theresa May, the home secretary, who is worried about cuts to police budgets, and Iain Duncan Smith, the work and pensions secretary, who is reportedly threatening to resign rather than accept cuts to his universal credit programme, are said to be proving particularly difficult.
So that's road maintenance, environmental issues, and local government services screwed then. 8% a year is a crazy rate of cutting - it means reducing expenditure by 28% in total. The idea that over a quarter of the money spent by a typical government department is just pointless waste that can be cut without consequence is insane.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

LemonDrizzle posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/09/four-departments-agree-to-meet-george-osbornes-cuts-target

So that's road maintenance, environmental issues, and local government services screwed then. 8% a year is a crazy rate of cutting - it means reducing expenditure by 28% in total. The idea that over a quarter of the money spent by a typical government department is just pointless waste that can be cut without consequence is insane.

Jesus.

I'm guessing this is the end of Natural England then. I presume most of the cuts to the Communities and Local Government department are going to be passed on to local councils?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

dispatch_async posted:

Jesus.

I'm guessing this is the end of Natural England then. I presume most of the cuts to the Communities and Local Government department are going to be passed on to local councils?

its worth remembering that the tories are selective in which councils get the worst cuts and coincidentally they're all labour councils

• Locked thread