Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What a lovely way to end the year. But I like Dani a lot more after this year. Hope he interferes with Jorge a lot more next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What a lovely way to end the year. But I like Dani a lot more after this year. Hope he interferes with Jorge a lot more next year.

Pedrosa, best spaniard.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Twitter and Instagram are fantastic if you want to see lots of Italians speaking broken, angry English

Deeters fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 8, 2015

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Whelp, that's that.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
That was total dildos, Rossi did pretty much everything he could have done. Marquez sandbagged his way home behind Lorenzo, the only time he did any racing was when Dani caught up with them.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

doomisland posted:

Spanish frauds.

Rossi the peoples champ.

builds character posted:

Pedrosa, best spaniard.

Truth. Pedrosa deserves a title more than anyone, he has just had poo poo luck over the years and never complains about anything. Lorenzo is a prat and Marquez is a little pratty twerp. Oh well Rossi still the goat and on contract for 2016.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Loving all the tears and butthurt on /r/motogp. People are so ignorant.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

hayden. posted:

People are so ignorant.

Ignorant of what exactly? I don't think ignorance has anything to do with the butthurt.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Exciting race, great season!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Day Man posted:

Exciting race, great season!

There's always one jerk with the contrarian hot take.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

echomadman posted:

That was total dildos, Rossi did pretty much everything he could have done. Marquez sandbagged his way home behind Lorenzo, the only time he did any racing was when Dani caught up with them.

Yeah. Kind of funny how he totally couldn't pass Lorenzo, but as soon as Dan I got close he found his balls again and raced all out...right up to Lorenzos tire and then stopped.

My enthusiasm for motogp is pretty much gone.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

builds character posted:

Pedrosa, best spaniard.

Correct.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

theperminator posted:

Ignorant of what exactly? I don't think ignorance has anything to do with the butthurt.

Lorenzo beat the poo poo out of Marc in qualifying. It wasn't even close. Yet people are all hot and bothered that Marc never got close to Lorenzo in the race and never tried to pass him. He was never anywhere close enough to attempt a pass, and the fact that he kept up with Lorenzo despite being so much slower in qualifying was nothing short of a miracle. Even if Marc, once or twice, got close enough to pass, I wouldn't blame him for not risking crashing out Lorenzo and becoming even further criticized for messing up the championship competition.

Then they point to Pedrosa nearly passing Marc and claim that Marc magically became competitive then, and only then, and passed him back. Except Pedrosa said himself post race that he made a mistake after that pass and ran wide, allowing Marc to get back in front.

The fact that Marc was on Lorenzo's tail the entire was seems like evidence that he wasn't trying to help Lorenzo. He was keeping pressure on Lorenzo (which obviously worked, Lorenzo said he was really struggling with the pressure) which could only serve to help Rossi. Rossi's only hope was that Lorenzo would make a mistake, which wasn't going to happen if he was all alone at the front.

Another example is that they latch on to Lorenzo saying he was helped by the Hondas. He was helped, in the same way that a plane is helped by a tailwind. He's not suggesting they helped him per some per-arranged agreement to gently caress over Rossi, but Rossi fans are convinced that's what he meant. Some people were calling for criminal charges on Lorenzo based on this statement.

So many Rossi fans are completely delusional and are finding conspiracy theories where there is no evidence for any. The blame Marc for ruining Rossi's championship, when in reality they should be blaming race direction. Or maybe they should be blaming Iannone for the worst case of (unintentional, I am sure) sandbagging I have ever seen a few races ago. If not that for that, Rossi would still be the championship winner.

I am a Marc fan now if nothing else than because of the irrational hatred he's getting ala Casey Stoner.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 9, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If you wanna talk about irrational hatred, Lorenzo has to be the biggest victim here, did you see the massive boos he got in Malaysia? And he did literally nothing but finish second and not be Rossi.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I wonder if things might have turned out differently for Rossi if he had just kept his goddamned mouth shut.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If you wanna talk about irrational hatred, Lorenzo has to be the biggest victim here, did you see the massive boos he got in Malaysia? And he did literally nothing but finish second and not be Rossi.

While you're right, he does exacerbate it by being a tremendous dickhead almost all the time.

captainOrbital posted:

I wonder if things might have turned out differently for Rossi if he had just kept his goddamned mouth shut.

Almost certainly yes, IMO. Unfortunately he's too famous and to deep into the cantankerous-old-fart phase of life to learn anything from this.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Slavvy posted:

While you're right, he does exacerbate it by being a tremendous dickhead almost all the time.

Lorenzo's Ex on Instagram, apparently. Bitch be crazy but that 'CON' 'VALE' is funny as hell

Linked for bra & panties:
http://i.imgur.com/DSB1ZdY.png

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Spiffness posted:

Lorenzo's Ex on Instagram, apparently. Bitch be crazy but that 'CON' 'VALE' is funny as hell

Linked for bra & panties:
http://i.imgur.com/DSB1ZdY.png

Got kicked to the curb for this beauty.

I kid, I kid.

I agree with this. Lorenzo didn't do himself any favors by whining a bit and not just going out and racing absurdly fast and then feeling the need to defend his championship, but he's getting a lot of hate that he doesn't really deserve.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I think there is a decent chance that MM stayed behind Rossi to gently caress him over, I think it's great.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

The booing started when Lorenzo gave a sneaky thumbs down when Rossi's name was called on the podium, didn't it?

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
:ohdear:

from http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225029/1/lorenzo-i-was-better-than-rossi-in-everything.html

Lorenzo told the Movistar MotoGP TV channel shortly after Sunday's race that Marquez and Pedrosa's Spanish nationality had 'helped' him during the race, saying: “They knew what I had in play. The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me. That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake, which they didn't this time.

“If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same. The title had to be for Spain.”

Didn't expect that quote when I clicked on that headline. Haha. I hope Dani wins a lot of races in '16.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cinder posted:

:ohdear:

from http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225029/1/lorenzo-i-was-better-than-rossi-in-everything.html

Lorenzo told the Movistar MotoGP TV channel shortly after Sunday's race that Marquez and Pedrosa's Spanish nationality had 'helped' him during the race, saying: “They knew what I had in play. The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me. That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake, which they didn't this time.

“If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same. The title had to be for Spain.”

Didn't expect that quote when I clicked on that headline. Haha. I hope Dani wins a lot of races in '16.

There are Onion sites for MotoGP?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

https://motomatters.com/news/2015/11/11/casey_stoner_to_return_to_ducati_in_test.html

Please lord be true.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm9933w0b9g

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

n8r posted:

Please lord be true.

I want the sour taste of spain out of my mouth, even if it takes an inbred Australian to do it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

I want the sour taste of spain out of my mouth, even if it takes an inbred Australian to do it.
I'm told that the word is "bogan"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I must have dementia because I could've sworn I threw bogan in there somewhere.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

God the tiny size of that field is hilarious. It's like a private race or something.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Oh jesus I would love to see Stoner in a wildcard. Especially since Ducati is better now.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Barnsy posted:

God the tiny size of that field is hilarious. It's like a private race or something.

Everyone who whined/whines about CRT/open class needs to go back and watch some old races again. They were intended to pad the field and make it more interesting and it bloody well worked.

Was pretty tragic when one or two guys crashing led to everyone getting points.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Yeah... Another whiny little fuckwit is exactly what MotoGP needs...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They should ban all boring people from motogp. Who would be left? Rossi, Marky, and...? Iannone?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

They should ban all boring people from motogp. Who would be left? Rossi, Marky, and...? Iannone?

Cal Crutchlow, bring back Colin Edwards.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

theperminator posted:

Agreed, Rossi's whining these last few weeks has been enough to last 4 or 5 years.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

George is the only boring one. All the others are fun to watch; he's the only guy that makes the sport itself boring.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Boregay Ugh-lezgo

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Macau is happening now. It's usually pretty dull with the bikes and then someone dies. It's always dull with the cars cause it gets super tight for a bit. But it's noisey things going round.

http://www.macau.grandprix.gov.mo/gp/62/home/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Rb3z_y6W8

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

theperminator posted:

Lol you care about rider personalities, perhaps you should start watching WWE if you like soap operas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

n8r posted:

Lol you care about rider personalities, perhaps you should start watching WWE if you like soap operas.

Why do they even interview the riders? the point is I don't give a gently caress.

• Locked thread