Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
No thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

Personally I celebrate conception day. It was much more fun for everybody involved.

club mac represent :drugnerd:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Birdstrike posted:

club mac represent :drugnerd:

haha i was not expecting this. Dayum man. How could you even think someone would get it here? i don't think i've posted about going to club mac

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

haha i was not expecting this. Dayum man. How could you even think someone would get it here? i don't think i've posted about going to club mac

I went there too :hfive:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Authorman posted:

Birthdays are for weirdbeards who celebrate the anniversary of touching their mom's vagina.

I was C section.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax posted:

It would actually make a lot of sense if we were all aspects of Ecco locked into some Identity-esque situation here

I'm going to make this later today btw

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

Can I be the part of ecco that ate a bug?!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
can you not

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

can i be the ecco everyone loves and respects

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS TIME IS NEAR!

I have lights on both sides of the curtains so I have lights for me and lights for my neighbours. I just checked outside and they look awesome.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
when is the christmas music thread going to start i check every day

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
christmas sucks and you should be ashamed for putting up decorations in November.

SHAME

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Of course nobody cares about having big extended holiday celebrations in spring and summer, but up on the half of the planet people actually live,

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to KIDNAP SANTA this year.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to KIDNAP SANTA this year.

Christmas Caper Keane

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should we be ashamed of putting up decoarations in December Busby? Or is that where you surrender in the war on christmas?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
1st of December is the first day you are allowed to put up xmas decorations.

The main evil of xmas is that you are forced to go shopping though. gifts are the worst thing in the world.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

1st of December is the first day you are allowed to put up xmas decorations.

The main evil of xmas is that you are forced to go shopping though. gifts are the worst thing in the world.

My family is really bad at accepting gifts graciously. A few years ago I found a first edition book by one of my mom's favorite authors. Obviously cost isn't everything, but it was distinctly Not Cheap. My mom was obviously a little disappointed and asked for a gift card to a department store the next day.

Gift cards for everybody ever since.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

My family is really bad at accepting gifts graciously. A few years ago I found a first edition book by one of my mom's favorite authors. Obviously cost isn't everything, but it was distinctly Not Cheap. My mom was obviously a little disappointed and asked for a gift card to a department store the next day.

Gift cards for everybody ever since.

I'm sorry Keane i would love that gift.

my brother is impossible to buy gifts for and i know that whatever i get him will not be appreciated. i hate it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
My mum just deposits some money in my bank account and when I ask her what she wants she says "oh just send me some money and I'll pick out something". So we literally send each other money. It is so stupid and pointless.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Also, this game needs moar players

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750252&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

There are lots of awesome Australian players in it. Also, bowmore is playing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is my favorite Christmas story:

A few years ago my aunt fell very ill around Christmas time. We agreed to hold off on gift exchanges and such until she felt better. She was under the weather for months, and by the time she felt up to it, it was spring. We kept putting everything off, while holding onto the gifts we meant to exchange. Finally, that December, we had a double December and laughed as we all exchanged calendars.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Finding The Perfect Gift™ is one of the greatest parts of Christmas. I have a very small family. It used to be me, my mom, and my step-dad and now it's just me and my mom, so I do a lot of secret santas to supplement my gift giving needs. I love really thinking about what a person likes and might want and just getting them something super specific that is personalized just for them. I also prefer to give and receive lots of little thoughtful gifts rather than a large expensive thing.

Last year my mom, who is president of her local union, moved to a larger office, so I got her various office containers (pencilholders, business card box, desk clock, etc.) with old pictures of early women's unions printed onto them.

This year I've gotten her a wooden art piece from a local artist that she can put up on the walls now that the dining room area is cleaned, because she loves wood and local art. I also sneakily stole a container of undeveloped film I found in one of the boxes I cleaned out recently, and I'm having all the film developed and put into an album for her. A lot of it is going to be like 20-30 years old. I'm also sneakily giving her a steam account that I will preload with a lot of puzzle games because she loves little puzzle video games. I'm also going to clean out her storage room for her when I'm there over the holidays as another sorta-present.

I am still working on secret santa presents. I only have one assigned santa so far, but I'm waiting for the mafia one and the generic SA one as well.

Thinking up great and unique gifts is the bestest.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

I forgot to say I saw Spectre yesterday. Hated it. It gave me most of the things I wanted, but was also the slowest, senseless action movie I've seen in a while. Good moments, bad movie.

Actually, Spectre was good.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Christmas Caper Keane

Kringle Kidnapper Keane

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina posted:

Finding The Perfect Gift™ is one of the greatest parts of Christmas. I have a very small family. It used to be me, my mom, and my step-dad and now it's just me and my mom, so I do a lot of secret santas to supplement my gift giving needs. I love really thinking about what a person likes and might want and just getting them something super specific that is personalized just for them. I also prefer to give and receive lots of little thoughtful gifts rather than a large expensive thing.

Last year my mom, who is president of her local union, moved to a larger office, so I got her various office containers (pencilholders, business card box, desk clock, etc.) with old pictures of early women's unions printed onto them.

This year I've gotten her a wooden art piece from a local artist that she can put up on the walls now that the dining room area is cleaned, because she loves wood and local art. I also sneakily stole a container of undeveloped film I found in one of the boxes I cleaned out recently, and I'm having all the film developed and put into an album for her. A lot of it is going to be like 20-30 years old. I'm also sneakily giving her a steam account that I will preload with a lot of puzzle games because she loves little puzzle video games. I'm also going to clean out her storage room for her when I'm there over the holidays as another sorta-present.

I am still working on secret santa presents. I only have one assigned santa so far, but I'm waiting for the mafia one and the generic SA one as well.

Thinking up great and unique gifts is the bestest.

I am glad that gift giving is your thing. And I understand it's something that brings joy to people.
I'm not big into gift exchanges - I don't like receiving gifts either.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I will be doing all my xmas shopping in the boxing day/new years sales.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

should I buy the steam game keep talking and nobody explodes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

This is my favorite Christmas story:

A few years ago my aunt fell very ill around Christmas time. We agreed to hold off on gift exchanges and such until she felt better. She was under the weather for months, and by the time she felt up to it, it was spring. We kept putting everything off, while holding onto the gifts we meant to exchange. Finally, that December, we had a double December and laughed as we all exchanged calendars.

This is a good story and I like it.

What is everyone's favourite Christmas based story?

I have so many I don't know which one to pick.

When I was 7 I was at my grandparent's house since we always had Christmas there before they moved away. It was middle of Christmas day after presents but before Christmas dinner. I was drinking milk because I loving love milk. My mom calls to me from the kitchen and asks me if I want another glass of milk, which of course I do, and tells me to come into the kitchen and get it. I thought this was some bullshit that I had to go get my own milk, but I went anyway, and in the kitchen was a brand new bike. It was blue and had streamers on the handles and it was the best bike ever!

Another Christmas when I was in high school my mom and step-dad went to Toronto to visit his mother because she was sick, but I had exams so I couldn't go with them so I was going to be all sad and alone on Christmas, but my best friend invited me to spend Christmas at her house, and her family even got me presents and it was super cool to spend Christmas with another family.

My favourite Christmas memory though was actually just a few years ago. I was out of university and just started my first full time job, but I hadn't moved out of my parent's place quite yet, so I was in a very lucky position to have a whole bunch of money and basically no expenses. So I decided to give something awesome and expensive to my mother. As a bit of backstory, we grew up pretty drat poor and when I was in high school there was a school trip to England and France. It was technically optional, but absolutely everyone went on the Europe trip, since it was only every 4 years so you basically got one shot to go. If you missed it then you missed out on the absolute biggest thing to happen in high school, but of course it wasn't free. It cost $2000 for each student. Well my mom, secretly, got a night job cleaning a community centre in our neighbourhood for people she didn't like very much because they looked down on her, but she did it for over a year to save up money so that I could go on this trip. I didn't find out until years later. So I wanted to give back to her, and since I knew she had never been out of the country I wanted to give her a trip. Casually I asked her one day if she could go anywhere in the world, where would she go, and she immediately said Athens, which I should have known. My internet name is Asiina because it's a variation on Athena, which is a name she considered naming me (my middle name is Cassandra for the same basic reasons). She loves Greek history. I knew that we'd have to plan the trip together, so for Christmas I got her a little "tourist's guide to Athens" book and when she opened it and was all confused I told her she was going to need it where we're going. When she realized what I meant she started to cry. We spent the next few months planning and went the following May. I think that might be my greatest Christmas memory.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

should I buy the steam game keep talking and nobody explodes

Yes. I've been playing with friends (I don't have the game myself, so just been doing the manual part) and it is good and fun.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

boom goes 17 bucks

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

boom goes 17 bucks

Now don't stop posting. If you don't maker a post every minute you'll die! :aaa:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

jon joe posted:

Now don't stop posting. If you don't maker a post every minute you'll die! :aaa:

I didn't think I was in the Survivor thread

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Yes. I've been playing with friends (I don't have the game myself, so just been doing the manual part) and it is good and fun.

I wish I had friend to play that with I am actually irl jealous

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
There's a Let's Play of it, it's pretty good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

I wish I had friend to play that with I am actually irl jealous

I've been playing with online friends via hangout.

You can easily play over skype if one of you has the game since the manual is free online.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i just had some fun defusing bombs with friends

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

the complicated wires venn diagram is the toughest end of level boss I've faced in a bit

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
By the way, Console Wars 2 needs 4 more people to start. :D
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750252

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh my goodness I forgot tom was initially dating jane and then he and daria developed feelings for each other over a slow boil ack ack high school emotions resurfacing

oh noooo flashbacks to traumas past oh noooooooooo