Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Guys I'm sorry I'm dumb, can someone tell me plainly when this game unlocks in NZ, and when it unlocks EST? Steam is telling me different things all over the place. Midnight tomorrow night? Or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

black.lion posted:

Guys I'm sorry I'm dumb, can someone tell me plainly when this game unlocks in NZ, and when it unlocks EST? Steam is telling me different things all over the place. Midnight tomorrow night? Or something?

2AM New Zealand = 8AM EST

You can google 2AM new zealand est and it will tell you just fyi

edit: I might have misunderstood your question. If you're going to VPN to unlock it early it is available at 8AM, if you're waiting for the regular unlock I believe it will be 9PM your local time.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

I think that was your fanfiction, sir or madam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Abrp_ReWko

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Grody posted:

so do you think Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 4.1g of ram, Geforce GT 525M, with windows 7 could run it? i dont want to buy it then have to buy a new pc too

you're fine lol. you won't be running on ultra, but you should be able to run at least a couple things on medium. you might still want to figure out a way to "demo" the game before you buy tho

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

super macho dude posted:

important question: how soon will the giant floppy dongs mod be coming out? I dont want my immersion experience ruined by lack of veiny rendered schlong.

they said the modding tools will be released early 2016 but I imagine nexus modders to already have walls full of floppy dong concepts on paper by now to ensure quick and efficient production of their dream giant floppy dongs mod, so you won't have to wait long after that

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Apparition posted:

2AM New Zealand = 8AM EST

You can google 2AM new zealand est and it will tell you just fyi

8AM tomorrow morning tho? I have tomorrow off I really want to wake up early and play :downs::downs::downs:

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Grody posted:

so do you think Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 4.1g of ram, Geforce GT 525M, with windows 7 could run it? i dont want to buy it then have to buy a new pc too

If it could even start the game, trying to play it would probably be a very unpleasant experience.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

black.lion posted:

8AM tomorrow morning tho? I have tomorrow off I really want to wake up early and play :downs::downs::downs:

yeah tomorrow morning if you're VPN'ing

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also holy poo poo is Jethro Tull's estate so notorious that you couldn't just have called the perk Aqualung?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

FauxGateau posted:

Also holy poo poo is Jethro Tull's estate so notorious that you couldn't just have called the perk Aqualung?

Yeah, what the hell!

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

Grody posted:

if you're buying it through steam and it doesn't run you can just get a refund

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Grody posted:

Every single thing in that list is less than half the minimum requirement, but games like this tend to just get framey if you are far below minimums instead of literally not opening or something so if you can tolerate turning down the resolution and having it stick around 20fps you probably can open the game and enjoy all the content in a way that isn't impossible to play.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Fallout 4 Modding: Let's Put Some Boobs on this Molerat.

I also await the fantastic Macho Deathclaws mod.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FauxGateau posted:

Well I mean, he'd ask for money for use and you can just make something up for free, so...

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

FauxGateau posted:

What is it called?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

TontoCorazon posted:

What is it called?

Aquaboy (assuming for female characters it's aquagirl)

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

So when this game launches in New Zealand it will be 8am in the US? Or did I just gently caress that up?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Aquaboy (assuming for female characters it's aquagirl)

Nice

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

[HATE DECEMBERS FOGGY FREEZE]

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Elderbean posted:

So when this game launches in New Zealand it will be 8am in the US? Or did I just gently caress that up?

the us has 3 time zones

so it depends?

its unlocking at 5am in my part of the us

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Al! posted:

can i get codsworth to call me gaydolf shitler

Weedlord Bonerhitler or bust.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Rookersh posted:

For anybody playing the game right now/watching a lot of streams, I have a few questions. Critical questions, as I felt like Fallout 3 did these things wrong, but I'm hopeful Fallout 4 does them better.

- The factions all have quests it looks like? How well defined are these quests. Are they honest fully fleshed out quests, or more "go kill the other faction" style quests. Are they locked behind you being a member of those factions.

- Is the faction war system really defined? Like is it similar to the Civil War in Skyrim at all, in that eventually one side wins and the faction war "ends"? Or is it basically just each of the factions shoots at each other occasionally when they see each other.

- Can you join multiple factions? Or are you basically set outside of betraying your current faction for another.

- Would you say factions are more like guilds in TES ( ie "We have a goal, and we want to fulfill it, you can help us. We are at war with the x, but you can join them too. ), or more like well, the Civil War in Skyrim, or the Legion/NCR conflict in New Vegas ( This is a war, our quests are all dedicated to this war, you are either with us or against us, gently caress the other guys. )

- How many "major" cities are there? I count a major city as a major area in the game. So for example each of the major Holds in Skyrim is a city to me, but Rorikstead is not. ie it should offer many quests as well as services, unlike Rorikstead which is basically just around for the purpose of that single quest. I see Fallout 3 as only really having two major cities, them being Megaton and Rivet City.

- Do you feel they have multiple well defined environments to explore? Again to use Skyrim/Fallout 3 as an example, Skyrim had dozens of interior environments, each of which felt handcrafted. Fallout 3 had "Office Building" "School" "Cave" "Gas Station" "Government Building" "Train Station" and that was basically it, with all of them feeling randomly thrown together to fill space, with whatever they put inside it put in after the fact.

My main question is one of depth basically. I find Morrowind, Skyrim, and New Vegas to ultimately be fairly deep games once you start scratching the surface. Not very deep in the case of Skyrim/Oblivion, but deep enough for me. You had a large variety of quests to complete, exploration was varied and interesting, you could find unique items/equipment/shouts by exploring, etc etc. Even just a basic run in any of those games would take me 30-60ish hours before I felt I completed the majority of the handbuilt content, if I felt like exploring it could easily go past 80-120 hours worth of gametime. With Fallout 3, I've had the opposite experience. Every time I've played it, I've managed to do all main/side quests within just under 20 hours, no problems. While I can explore to my hearts content/do the DLC to bring it up past 40ish, I struggle to stay invested in that game past 40 hours. I want to see where Fallout 4 falls on the spectrum for me.

1. Each faction has a handful of quests for members of that faction. This is supplemented by procedural Radiant quests à la Skyrim.
2. There is no faction war system.
3. Yes, you can join multiple factions. The endgame requires the player to select a single faction.
4. Guilds
5. Ignoring each faction's headquarters, there are two cities with multiple shopkeepers. Unless you build them up yourself, the rest are smaller settlements generally with a single shopkeeper.
6. The environments are less varied than Skyrim but better than Fallout 3. Thankfully, there are no subway tunnels this time.
7. Closer to Fallout 3 unless you really enjoy the settlement mechanics.

Edited: Thank you ImpAtom

Merry Magpie fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 9, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Starkk posted:

the us has 3 time zones

Five. Five!

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

lol hawaii and alaska dont count

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

5. Ignoring each faction's headquarters, there is only one city with multiple shopkeepers. Unless you build them up yourself, the rest are smaller settlements generally with a single shopkeeper.

Nah, there are two major cities. Diamond City and Goodneighbor.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Poor little Hawaii :smith:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No one cares about "Mountain Time"

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Merry Magpie posted:

Thankfully, there are no subway tunnels this time.

There are a few, actually. They just aren't a major design feature like in 3.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

there's really only two time zones that matter, pst and est

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Montana says to "Go gently caress yourself!"

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, there are two major cities. Diamond City and Goodneighbor.

I always forget about that one.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

There are a few, actually. They just aren't a major design feature like in 3.

It takes the apocalypse for the T to finally run smoothly.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Mountain Time is incredibly powerful.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Actually it has two that matter and four that don't. If you're not on the east or west coast you're basically not actually an American.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Is this okay?

Specs:

CPU: Core i7 3820 @ 3.6 GHz Sandy Bridge-E
MB: ASRock X79 Extreme6
RAM: 16 GB DDR 3 (split on 2 channels)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7900 series x2 Crossfire
SSD harddrive

I think the GPU is just above the min. specs. 7970

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Todd Howard is intellectually dishonest and has betrayed the customer trust.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this is a really loving good image holy poo poo

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bedshaped posted:

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Is this okay?

Specs:

CPU: Core i7 3820 @ 3.6 GHz Sandy Bridge-E
MB: ASRock X79 Extreme6
RAM: 16 GB DDR 3 (split on 2 channels)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD7900 series x2 Crossfire
SSD harddrive

I think the GPU is just above the min. specs. 7970

Even pessimistically you should be fine on medium or a low/medium split. Depending on how bloated those specs are you might be able to do much better, but if people who meet the mimimum specs can't even run the game then we'd be looking at another Arkham Knight scenario, and no signs point to that so far.

• Locked thread