Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Droyer posted:

Mine is Noa and Alphonse

Patlabor looks like something that would be my poo poo. What do you recommend when it comes to viewing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

all I know about nisekoi is
-blonde bow girl
-funny faces
-the page where bow girl screams that she loves the dude and he goes "I like you too, good buddy! :downs:"

the character designs are good and the animation is great, shame about the fact that it's a harem comedy in the year 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

Mine is Noa and Alphonse

Of course Droyer beat me to that by a mile.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5in0X-Ic_Rw

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMpI_bc3LrI

:hellyeah:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sakurazuka posted:

Go Nagai added a bunch of boobs and made it more actiony.
To be fair this is Go Nagai's solution to most problems.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Choromatsu should be Jeanne

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbh the Asuna/Kirito stuff was the only reason I bothered with season one of SAO
Needless to say I didn't enjoy the last half much.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Patlabor looks like something that would be my poo poo. What do you recommend when it comes to viewing?

you should definitely watch the OVA timeline at least. it's the 7 episode OVA followed by the movies Patlabor 1 & 2. then there's the whole tv series and it's own separate OVA, but that's a lot more to watch

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

To be fair this is Go Nagai's solution to most problems.

that and violence

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:h:Saika and everybody:h:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYFhOGowLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Et8Qfikh7w

Light and fluffy OPs are always my favorite. Also, anything by KOTOKO

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I feel like the safest Patlabor recommendation is the first movie.

Watch that and you'll immediately know whether or not the rest of the franchise is for you.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

All of it, with me, when i make a simul.

srsly though there are 2 different Patlabor continuities. The first one contains the first ova series (sometimes called the Early Days) and three movies. It has the best action and intrigue.

The second continuity containts the tv show and the second ova series (sometimes called the After Years). It has better humor and character development. which is better is mostly up to taste

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Don't look to others to validate your pride and your confidence in yourself. Sasuke's favorite word is "power" (力, chikara). So, try to gain it, in everything you stumble upon. Find your inner light and your inner strength and use that as your source of confidence, not the opinions of others. Please yourself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bad Seafood posted:

I feel like the safest Patlabor recommendation is the first movie.

Watch that and you'll immediately know whether or not the rest of the franchise is for you.

Eh, I mean it's not the deadly serious fest that the second movie is but it's still significantly less goofy than the OAV/TV series often gets

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Droyer posted:

All of it, with me, when i make a simul.

srsly though there are 2 different Patlabor continuities. The first one contains the first ova series (sometimes called the Early Days) and three movies. It has the best action and intrigue.

The second continuity containts the tv show and the second ova series (sometimes called the After Years). It has better humor and character development. which is better is mostly up to taste

If you organize a simulwatch I will participate. The last time I actually did one of those was Turn A and it was a very good decision.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Tbh the Asuna/Kirito stuff was the only reason I bothered with season one of SAO
Needless to say I didn't enjoy the last half much.
you probably would not enjoy season 2, either

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

It's not quite as light but she also does the Humanity Has Declined ED and it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx5zKCdhTnw

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

once i got to the Early Years episode about disarming the bomb trucks, i was sold on Patlabor. then the kaiju episode almost unsold me, but i persevered even through movie 2!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

If you organize a simulwatch I will participate. The last time I actually did one of those was Turn A and it was a very good decision.

I'm gonna, but there are a whole lot of simuls planned and i can't promise when it's gonna be exactly.

If possible i'd like it if it wasn't too close to another mecha simul, i feel like that would burn people out.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I enjoyed no season of SAO

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I feel like "harem" isn't the best label for those kinds of shows, but I guess "dumbass takes forever and a half to realize that people they spend every day with are crushing on them" isn't very concise.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

once i got to the Early Years episode about disarming the bomb trucks, i was sold on Patlabor. then the kaiju episode almost unsold me, but i persevered even through movie 2!

tha kaiju episode owned and i will fite u

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Motto posted:

-the page where bow girl screams that she loves the dude and he goes "I like you too, good buddy! :downs:"

no that's tomochan

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Droyer posted:

If possible i'd like it if it wasn't too close to another mecha simul, i feel like that would burn people out.

Yo, gently caress those people

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Quest For Glory II posted:

Don't look to others to validate your pride and your confidence in yourself. Sasuke's favorite word is "power" (力, chikara). So, try to gain it, in everything you stumble upon. Find your inner light and your inner strength and use that as your source of confidence, not the opinions of others. Please yourself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nad bender

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

I don't know what to tell you if you're not already on the Onepunch Man workout

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh, I mean it's not the deadly serious fest that the second movie is but it's still significantly less goofy than the OAV/TV series often gets
True, but I still feel like it gives the most balanced impression of what the franchise is like overall. It's also works as a stand-alone film, so it's easy to get other people to watch it without needing to explain anything.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DoubleDonut posted:

I don't know what to tell you if you're not already on the Onepunch Man workout

AniTore! is nice for yoga but there needs to be an anime Insanity Workout

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

True, but I still feel like it gives the most balanced impression of what the franchise is like overall. It's also works as a stand-alone film, so it's easy to get other people to watch it without needing to explain anything.

I dunno about that. the first movie has a lot more action than much of the show. If you watched patlabor expecting an action show you would be sorely disappointed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Droyer posted:

tha kaiju episode owned and i will fite u

i just remember feeling like it dragged after the initial lab scene. so not a bad episode, but not my favorite

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

harem shows are good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VIiVSiioo

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The best part of the SAO romance is that they gently caress right away. No beating around the bush there.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Is it bad that I liked the OVAs and what I've seen of the series more than the Patlabor movies?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

A good OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The ED of that show is really good!

• Locked thread