Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

The game would be better if you could cross class any skill in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Removing AST and PLD would actually do a lot to help the game out because they don't care enough to balance them so they should really remove them as an option as they currently only act as a new player trap.

Also I guess if your group was making it to enrage pre-3.1 with like 3-5% maybe you'll suddenly be able to clear I guess?

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Niton posted:

Makes more of a difference than you'd think; especially for classes who hate the stats on the Gordian pieces. Ignoring any substats, it's 21 {Mainstat} and between 23 and 26 Vitality, which is a bit more of an upgrade than Hive Weapon -> Eso Weapon was (a bit less damage, but significantly more survivability). Given how big a boost that was, I think you would see a lot of groups clearing (or, at least, not stalling) with that extra boost.

While it'll definitely help groups that are stalling on the enrage or dps checks such as hand of pain, it'll do little to nothing for many of the groups stalled out on various other mechanics (e.g., digititus, tethers, etc). Most of the mechanical failures in A3S are inevitably leading to a wipe rather than allowing you to continue to pick people back up and drag them through the finish.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Belzac posted:

I love when people are talking about real things and then Anna chimes in about how much they love the game like a cult member or something.

Man it sure is unfun to level up 12 classes to max instead of 9.
I'M STILL HAVING FUN!

Raiding sure sucks this tier.
GUYS, THIS GAME IS GOOD

Yeah that fucker having fun, excuse me while I sperg about raids 0.1% of the population sees

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Getting REAL SICK of these trolls having fun

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Belzac posted:

Removing AST and PLD would actually do a lot to help the game out because they don't care enough to balance them so they should really remove them as an option as they currently only act as a new player trap.

Also I guess if your group was making it to enrage pre-3.1 with like 3-5% maybe you'll suddenly be able to clear I guess?

i know you're bored because encore died and you have no where to go but could you make your bait a bit less obvious

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Yeah that fucker having fun, excuse me while I sperg about raids 0.1% of the population sees

Nobody is saying there isn't fun to be had you idiot. Blowing off pages of actual criticism with "actually nah it's good and cool peace out" is loving stupid.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Kagon posted:

While it'll definitely help groups that are stalling on the enrage or dps checks such as hand of pain, it'll do little to nothing for many of the groups stalled out on various other mechanics (e.g., digititus, tethers, etc). Most of the mechanical failures in A3S are inevitably leading to a wipe rather than allowing you to continue to pick people back up and drag them through the finish.

Yeah, you're definitely right about what causes the wipes, but (at least from my experience), it would allow groups right on the edge to continue practicing even when they're a little bit off their MAX DPS game.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E

Doublestep posted:

i know you're bored because encore died and you have no where to go but could you make your bait a bit less obvious

Woah you got me? I'm so loving got?

Here let me do one of these hot riffs.

Doubleship, I know you're bored cause your pedophile friend dumped you and you don't have anyone else but can you make your posts a little less poo poo?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Also holy loving poo poo Kirby posted something good.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Prepare goons, for you will all get in the loving airship! :yarr:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

nice post's itt

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So, uh, about those Elin.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Belzac posted:

Also holy loving poo poo Kirby posted something good.

this is what i'm most shocked about as well tbh

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm only worthless garbage 99.9% of the time, so don't get your expectations up too high or anything now.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm only worthless garbage 99.9% of the time, so don't get your expectations up too high or anything now.

Yeah same

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Since the rest of you have apparently taken care of the "post stupid bullshit from the official forums" gimmick I've been on lately, instead I shall use this post to celebrate my recent clear of Alex 2 Savage.

It is now time to suffer at the hands of Pepsiman.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

belzac is an OF elemental

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nobody is saying there isn't fun to be had you idiot. Blowing off pages of actual criticism with "actually nah it's good and cool peace out" is loving stupid.

Well what the gently caress are people supposed to do, you know the developers aren't reading this right?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

:qq: people are blowing off my criticism :qq:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Because people posting pointless white noise for the sake of being contrary to an ongoing discussion is good and worth doing

wait, no it isn't

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i really need to test something

ffxiv isn't a perfect game and actually has a lot of faults :grin:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Velthice posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you monsterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Velthice posted:

If you're going to do this you need to go all the way

World of Warcraft is, in some aspects, a better game then FFXIV

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Ryanbomber posted:

i agree unironically with both statements

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Well I'm having fun. :fuckoff:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Belzac posted:

Man it sure is unfun to level up 12 classes to max instead of 9.
Then.... don't level up all twelve classes?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Then.... don't level up all twelve classes?

No you see if content is in the game you have to grind it until you're bored as hell and then post endlessly about how you're bored as hell are you new!?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i was so close. alas poor goons, ever the perpetually owned

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ryanbomber posted:

ABANDON SHIP! WOMEN AND CATTEBOYS FIRST

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

We should all be on the OF instead of wasting our time here. Pretty much no difference at all now.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Vadoc posted:

We should all be on the OF instead of wasting our time here. Pretty much no difference at all now.

On the other hand, here you can't get banned for claiming that people who don't want more Manderville quests hate fun.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I think it's okay for people to like and play and talk about whatever content they want to

controversial opinion for this thread, i know

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

here is a funny post that i, the real and honest technogeek, would like to share with you without the use of quotes as is my signature style

Enough is Enough. End this conflict.

Alright...time to get this off my chest.

SE,

I as an avid console gamer appreciate what you have attempted to do with FFXIV.
You have tried your very best to unite gamers and create a world where friends can play with friends no matter whay platform.
Currently you succeeded with PC, PS4, & PS3 but there are some issues.
You're working on adding Nintendo NX, & much to my surprise you have not given up on X-Box One.
However...the gamers have spoken. They do not want this.
I personally cannot handle the fighting, the drama, the mistreatment anymore.

Why am I a "Lesser" player for being on a console?
I know I am not.
Why am I looked down upon and spit upon by the PC players?
Every glitch, every feature that needs tweeking, every nerf, you name it...if players are even slightly inconvenienced the blame is: Console Limitations,
Why are players like me to blame?

So SE I request you do us all a favor. Split the players.
PC with PC, Console with Console.
End this horrible war, end this drama, end the segregation.

The PC crowd has been begging for this. Console players don't seem to care but many of us are sick of it.

So please. Give the community what it wants and split us.
Now PC players can have their mods, and no longer have to associate with the "scourge" of console gamers.

Honestly there is no downside to this. It will allow console gamers (the non-toxic ones) peace of mind & none can claim others have an advantage anymore.
PC players all the mods, add-ons, community, and features they crave.

Also this will makenit easier to implement voice chat. As the barrier of PC & console chat systems will not exist.
using PSN's (and I suppose eventually Nintendo Network's) built in chat systems you can easily form chat lobbies/subsystems.

PC players already have Mumble, Skype, Teamspeak, & other options.

Also, splitting the versions will allow for true optimization of the game. Allowing PC players to have the graphics, UI, & aesthedics they crave.

Allowing the console versions to have the true optimal, Cross-Bar, UI, Graphics, and load times that truly take advantage of the console.

No more limitations, no more disparity, no more cross-platform blame to go around.

Overall. The PC crowd has the right of it.
Seperate us. Please. I'm begging you.

Disclaimer:
This is NOT a troll. I am dead serious. I've had my fill of the treatment console gamers receive. I am tired of being the "cancer" of FFXIV.
I am tired of being treated like some vagrant.
I have grown to resent people now. I find myself trying my best to avoid detection from PC players as I hunt, craft, gather, and quest.
I often find myself breathing a sigh of relieve when my DF groups are all console players as I know if anything goes wrong...there won't be the: "Console Limitations"/"Consol players are scrubs" argument tossed around when someone D/Cs, eats a mechanic, fails to see a mechanic, or we wipe.

I just want to enjoy the game. Not be judged every time I take a breath.

Velthice fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 9, 2015

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

[Exit, pursued by a bear.]

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i made the post better

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I hope no one looks to anna for an opinion of the game. They have 6+ "characters" leveled to cap. Asking him if this game is good is like asking a CEO of a start up if their app is the best thing ever. The antithesis of bias.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Velthice posted:

here is a funny post that i, the real and honest technogeek, would like to share with you without the use of quotes as is my signature style

If you have a Twitter account and want credit for informing me that this exists, let me know, because holy poo poo.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Technogeek posted:

If you have a Twitter account and want credit for informing me that this exists, let me know, because holy poo poo.

i use the same handle on twitter but only tweet like once a year so do whatever you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

vOv posted:

Path of Exile used to have horrible desync problems where running through a pack of mobs (mobs have collision detection) or a narrow door was effectively a death sentence. People would claim that it was just part of the game, that if you didn't know not to path through mob packs or doors you were just a scrub and needed to git gud, etc. It was a dumb excuse there and it's a dumb one here.

(They introduced lockstep networking in 2.0 and it basically fixed the problem unless you're on an utterly shittastic connection.)

Does this mean you can multistrike + leap slam like the Flash on a pogo stick and not be desynced to hell and back? I might have to go play some PoE again soon if so because some skills were suicide to use unless you had an AHK macro to resync yourself constantly.

• Locked thread