Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

But Not Tonight posted:

it just baffles me that people insist on pubbing this game when there's almost always someone to group up with in cts/chat

to each their own I guess

Sometimes I just want to hop on and run a random mission for 20 minutes before doing something else, sometimes I just want to listen to music and not voice chat, whatever. Sometimes you actually meet some cool people by pubbing, too, though they're admittedly rarer than John Elf Rambo; I've added like 10 people to steam friends from random pub Vermintide games because of flawless nightmare runs with completely random groups.

Also playing with goons doesn't immunize you from exploits, as several posters in this thread have attested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

the face of jesus in my soup

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Night Blade posted:

The Pistols have the most inconsistently poo poo hitboxes. I can hit things dead on with a bow an arrow 9/10 times but the pistol will just miss randomly for no reason.

I find it helps to crouch before each shot.

I don't think you know what a hit box is - what you are describing is accuracy which gets worse as you fire more shots and move around and gets better if you crouch. See your crosshairs get wider.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mr Cuddles posted:

the face of jesus in my soup

I see Jesus is trying out handlebar mustaches

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I don't really understand how it's so difficult to be a tolerable player, and thankfully I haven't encountered anybody terrible and/or unbearable on CTS as of yet.

Can't say the same for pubs. As for goons that exploit, while it isn't for me if that's what gets your rocks off who am I to judge?

Just played a few games with Goons that began with Warhammer lore chat while bashing rats. As a guy that doesn't know poo poo all about Warhammer Fantasy I thought that was pretty cool.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Kanos posted:

Sometimes I just want to hop on and run a random mission for 20 minutes before doing something else, sometimes I just want to listen to music and not voice chat, whatever. Sometimes you actually meet some cool people by pubbing, too, though they're admittedly rarer than John Elf Rambo; I've added like 10 people to steam friends from random pub Vermintide games because of flawless nightmare runs with completely random groups.

Also playing with goons doesn't immunize you from exploits, as several posters in this thread have attested.

if I want to bash rats for 20 minutes I play ramparts or sewers on hard and keep a sharp eye out for packmasters and runners and I have a great time, can't always say I have the patience for pubbies

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

I don't think you know what a hit box is - what you are describing is accuracy which gets worse as you fire more shots and move around and gets better if you crouch. See your crosshairs get wider.

When the enemy is running in a straight line towards you and the entirety of the crosshairs are covering said guy. You miss shots you really shouldn't miss. I'm aware of how spread works.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I can't got back to the Handgun after using the Drakefires with the Dwarf. Being able to melt any pack in the blink of an eye with no friendly fire to worry about is just too good to give up. Bash, FLAME, Bash, FLAME, Bash, FLAME.

They seem to cool down way quicker than the Bright Wizard too, I feel kind of bad for them when I'm doing their job and also get to have the sexy shield at the same time.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Drakefire Pistols are what happened when they decided to condense the entire bright wizard class into a secondary item for the dwarf. They're amazing.

(I have an orange quality pair that have a chance to split into two projectiles, -40% spread, and berzerking :getin:)

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 9, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

terrorist ambulance posted:

You'll roll 1% on the HB and regrowth

3 and 5.5 actually :(

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Night Blade posted:

I never want to play horn of magnus agai-

"We need to raise the alarm and give the town a fightin' chance!"

I fired up Nightmare Enemy Below last night, and left it up for a good 10 minutes trying to find a group. One guy joined and was legitimately interested in making it work.

No one else.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

Backhand posted:

I fired up Nightmare Enemy Below last night, and left it up for a good 10 minutes trying to find a group. One guy joined and was legitimately interested in making it work.

No one else.

Success for Nightmare Enemy Below is contingent on where the rogre spawns. If it's in the first room with the round drain, you're golden. If it's in the tunnels, God help you.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Elpato posted:

Success for Nightmare Enemy Below is contingent on where the rogre spawns. If it's in the first room with the round drain, you're golden. If it's in the tunnels, God help you.

This is also true for other levels.

Rogre in confined spaces is the worst rogre.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
The population of this game seems to be dropping off really sharply already

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I can't find anyone to play with. May actually be some problem with the matchmaking.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Maybe it's been mentioned before but anyone notice any weapon upgrades that don't work? My Flambard has Second Wind which, according to the text, is supposed to have a 49% chance to instantly replenish all my stamina if my block is broken. I figure, hey, with only 3 shields Stormvermin and the Ratogre always break my block in one hit, I'm sure it'll be useful sometimes.

It has never proc'd once.

Ever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Last night I had to stop playing when it got incredibly laggy/rubberbandy (everything's position would update once about every 2-3 seconds) for my connection to two separate hosts, but my general connection speed was actually just fine. You'd hope there's not an active connection to their servers while already in a game but I dunno. For once it didn't look like the problem was on my end at all.

Hopefully they can get all their sever problems sorted out soon but after what this dev did with lead and gold, I'm not optimistic.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

terrorist ambulance posted:

The population of this game seems to be dropping off really sharply already

It's not really it's dropping off it's that the vast majority of players are running one or two maps over and over because there is an exploit that makes it easy for loot. Pop in a nightmare run for Horn of Magnus and you'll always have a game. Want to actually have a challenge and fun playing the game? Good loving luck

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It's not really it's dropping off it's that the vast majority of players are running one or two maps over and over because there is an exploit that makes it easy for loot. Pop in a nightmare run for Horn of Magnus and you'll always have a game. Want to actually have a challenge and fun playing the game? Good loving luck

Pretty much. I know better than to try and pick "Any" in matchmaking so I would choose a map on nightmare. No hits. Downgrade to hard. Nothing. Normal? Nope. Repeat with another couple maps I wanted to try.

Now that I have decent loot for my main all I really want to do is kill rats.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Maybe it's been mentioned before but anyone notice any weapon upgrades that don't work? My Flambard has Second Wind which, according to the text, is supposed to have a 49% chance to instantly replenish all my stamina if my block is broken. I figure, hey, with only 3 shields Stormvermin and the Ratogre always break my block in one hit, I'm sure it'll be useful sometimes.

It has never proc'd once.

Ever.

There's a trinket that claims to heal your teammates when you use a medpack or draught on yourself. It doesn't actually work with draughts.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Finally got this working. Mumble overlay is the fucker that was crashing my poo poo.

Also Draught is pronounced draft , so stop telling people to drink droughts.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Uh, I think you'll find that it's pronounced "Drig-Et"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Inside Out Mom posted:

Finally got this working. Mumble overlay is the fucker that was crashing my poo poo.

How about people who make words learn to spell things in a way that makes sense?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

How about people who make words learn to spell things in a way that makes sense?

It's pronounced "J-IF" not "GIF".

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 9, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
http://imgur.com/lQabVlm

Blame the brits

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I just call them healing potions to avoid all of this.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Inside Out Mom posted:

No.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I think I'm approaching the end of my time on Vermintide until they start dropping content patches. I feel like I've seen what needs to see with the game and it's starting to get kind of stale for the moment. I got like 90 hours out of it which is more than I can say for most other $30 games I've bought. I guess it doesn't help that Fallout day is Tuesday and I'm probably going to fall into a deep hole on that.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i'm pretty sure "draught" is pronounced "health potion"

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

DeathSandwich posted:

I think I'm approaching the end of my time on Vermintide until they start dropping content patches. I feel like I've seen what needs to see with the game and it's starting to get kind of stale for the moment. I got like 90 hours out of it which is more than I can say for most other $30 games I've bought. I guess it doesn't help that Fallout day is Tuesday and I'm probably going to fall into a deep hole on that.

Yeah, same boat for me. I took a break for a few days while my sister was visiting and now with Fallout just around the corner, I think I'm done. Put a ton of time into the game and had a lot of fun though, so I have no complaints.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
so we're doing cataclysm runs now with me and 3 friends.. we have yet to kill an ogre on cataclysm. Hit it with 3 bombs, block attacks, back dodge. Problem is it always spawns loving chain gunners or globeadiers with him so we get wrecked.

Anyone got some pointers? maybe we just need 1-3% instantly slay enemy weapon rolls...

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I'm still going to play a good bit but I have a feeling that the long term life of it is going to be contingent on turning into something like payday 2 is, where they continually drip out dlc stuff that gets people interested again.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

xthetenth posted:

I'm still going to play a good bit but I have a feeling that the long term life of it is going to be contingent on turning into something like payday 2 is, where they continually drip out dlc stuff that gets people interested again.

I think the problem in this case is that Payday 2 came out with DLC already in the pipeline. At release we already had a reasonable idea what was coming in the upcoming months/weeks. I don't think Fat Shark even started the DLC development pipeline yet since it's a tiny team and they weren't sure if they had the install base to warrant DLC. The best we've gotten from devs so far is "I don't know, maybe more character weapons soonish."

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I would probably drop out in a couple weeks, but I've been steadily building a team of irl friends to play with that just hit a full 4, so I'm in it until we all get bored now :getin:

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

DeathSandwich posted:

I think the problem in this case is that Payday 2 came out with DLC already in the pipeline. At release we already had a reasonable idea what was coming in the upcoming months/weeks. I don't think Fat Shark even started the DLC development pipeline yet since it's a tiny team and they weren't sure if they had the install base to warrant DLC. The best we've gotten from devs so far is "I don't know, maybe more character weapons soonish."

I believe they've stated they have plans for a DLC where you find the dwarf hold that Bardin is looking for, as well as adding some new enemy races. They also are planning to release a new weapon pack soon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Skandranon posted:

I believe they've stated they have plans for a DLC where you find the dwarf hold that Bardin is looking for, as well as adding some new enemy races. They also are planning to release a new weapon pack soon.

Pickaxe for the Dwarf?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Skandranon posted:

DLC is why it launched at $30

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Join game, this is literally the first thing I see:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/581323402271212910/41B8473124BBA354B8B8854F8DB117187EBB4AF4/ (Contains naughty language)

:smugjones:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

elfplayers.jpg

I got a blue set of pistols for my witch hunter and they're powerful enough to bodyshot a clan rat on hard. They also have a -40% spread effect. Feels so awesome running around and blasting away a rat with every single shot. I wish you didn't need to get lucky to get this kind of gear but at least it's super fun to use when you actually do get it.

If nothing bad happens to the game like server problems or updates that ruin it or whatever I will probably be playing it for a long time. Like most multiplayer games it's no fun with the wrong group, but when you have a nice team it is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Mendrian posted:

Join game, this is literally the first thing I see:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/581323402271212910/41B8473124BBA354B8B8854F8DB117187EBB4AF4/ (Contains naughty language)

:smugjones:

And right on a screen where the game is trying to teach you about another language!

• Locked thread