Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Like the prime bomb jump tricks? Those are really hard to me, like skipping Chozo Ruins and tricking your way up the spider ball track tower.

Yeah, that kind of stuff. I just never had a reason to learn it for super metroid outside of romhacks that require it for some items so I never bothered.

Note to op: After you finish all of the nintendo made metroid games, there is a world full of great super metroid romhacks to explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might have to play Metroid prime again starting tonight now...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I might have to play Metroid prime again starting tonight now...

This would be me if my tard little brother hadn't hosed up my MP disc.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
tfw your dog manages to step on your Wii in just the right way to pop out your Prime trilogy collector's edition disk and then uses it as a chew toy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Sharmat posted:

tfw your dog manages to step on your Wii in just the right way to pop out your Prime trilogy collector's edition disk and then uses it as a chew toy

Lol that's worth like 100 dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe it tanked after they put it on the eshop, I haven't checked. It's my most prized possession though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*quietly* Good dog

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Lol that's worth like 100 dollars

It was still like 90 bucks. As a result I've spent more per hour of gaming on Metroid Prime than any other game in existence. I don't really regret it though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Sharmat posted:

It was still like 90 bucks. As a result I've spent more per hour of gaming on Metroid Prime than any other game in existence. I don't really regret it though

It's currently 10 dollars on the eshop.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also, I preordered it for 49 dollars at launch. I can't wait to resell it in 20 years for 300 dollars.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Maybe it tanked after they put it on the eshop, I haven't checked. It's my most prized possession though.

it hasn't tanked, especially not the limited foil box ones.

i owned the physical copy and bought it on the wiiu anyway lol

The Sharmat posted:

the Wii Prime Trilogy retroactively added the springball to Prime 1 and 2 and this is perhaps the greatest crime Nintendo has committed in recent memory

youre dumb, its a nice mobility upgrade and it's not like double bomb jumping in the primes was ever hard.

the timing for infinite bomb jumping in super metroid is really fucky though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started a new prime file and im going for 100%. last time I ended with 98% and I know where I hosed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid Prime is one of th best games ever made.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Metroid Prime is one of th best games ever made.

tru

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

zen death robot posted:

For some reason I didn't like Prime 3 but I can't really remember why.

Samus, this is Aurora Unit 242...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Samus, this is Aurora Unit 242...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I asked for a Wii for Christmas just to play prime 3. I also got Wii fit and the balance board. My brother made a hitler Mii and he used that as his wiifit person, when it took his bmi it made the hitler Mii fat. So now whenever I want to play prime 3 there's a scrolling image with fat hitler telling me I haven't used wiifit in 2+ weeks.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I only played metroid prime all the way through like 10 years ago so I dont really remember most of it, but i bought it off the wii u eshop for 10 dollars when they first put it on there. I'm going to get around to playing it soon and it'll probably be like playing it for the first time... awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wish prime trilogy just let you use a controller. i dont want to buy a wiimote

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

i wish prime trilogy just let you use a controller. i dont want to buy a wiimote

i wanted a new play station for christmas and guess what i got a bike. just goes to show it doesnt always go your way

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

i wanted a new play station for christmas and guess what i got a bike. just goes to show it doesnt always go your way

nice, i got my wii u a month early because i was walking around the apartment everyday just muttering things like 'i love mario' and 'mario rules'

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
In addition to the constant Aurora calls I think Prime 3 lost some of the unique art direction that had been developing in Prime 1 and Prime 2

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

nice, i got my wii u a month early because i was walking around the apartment everyday just muttering things like 'i love mario' and 'mario rules'

good poo poo my man. props on that

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stopped playing prime 3 when I got to a giant golem that moves his weak spot around all the time, it didn't even seem like a difficult fight, just really tedious, and I still haven't bothered going back yet.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ralp posted:

I stopped playing prime 3 when I got to a giant golem that moves his weak spot around all the time, it didn't even seem like a difficult fight, just really tedious, and I still haven't bothered going back yet.

it's really easy

the wii controls are a big improvement to all the primes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not a fan of mogenar on hypermode. All the other bosses are cool though, and the first phase of the final boss on hypermode might be the hardest thing in the prime series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm not a fan of mogenar on hypermode. All the other bosses are cool though, and the first phase of the final boss on hypermode might be the hardest thing in the prime series.

That whole last level and fight on hypermode is stressful

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quadraxis is the best boss fight of any Metroid I've played, by a long shot.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

That whole last level and fight on hypermode is stressful

b button with turbo assigned. One of the most shameful things I've ever done but that strafe is crazy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ralp posted:

its a good boss

omega ridley in 3 is badass though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

b button with turbo assigned. One of the most shameful things I've ever done but that strafe is crazy

A turbo wii mote... wtf.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Ralp posted:

Not just in Metroid.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

A turbo wii mote... wtf.

Oh I meant the last boss in prime 2 for GameCube

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

Oh I meant the last boss in prime 2 for GameCube

did you know you could just use the annihilator beam to destroy him lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

did you know you could just use the annihilator beam to destroy him lol

Nope lol

E: wait Emp Ing or dark samus? I think the illustrated guide I got has that info

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god that last dark samus fight is so loving bad lol no i was talking about emperor ing. in his final phase he switches between light and dark vulnerabilities to gently caress you up but you can just mash the shooty button w/ annihilator to kill him in like 1 minute lol

i also later found out you can screw attack his backside to instantly kill him or deal massive damage, which is just ???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

god that last dark samus fight is so loving bad lol no i was talking about emperor ing. in his final phase he switches between light and dark vulnerabilities to gently caress you up but you can just mash the shooty button w/ annihilator to kill him in like 1 minute lol

i also later found out you can screw attack his backside to instantly kill him or deal massive damage, which is just ???

I believe the latter is just a cool bug and not intended design

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never done the screw attack thing because it's hard to score an accurate hit with it in the primes. Was it even in 3 I don't remember? But yeah the annihilator beam ruins him. Dark Samus is the epitome of final metroid bosses though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Though I remember reading about the final area of Prime 3 and freaking out harder than the final DS fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The final ds fight in prime 2 actually kicks major rear end and has awesome music.

• Locked thread