Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011
If they only hired veterans this would never... uh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Elmo v. Jet Engine hey I wonder who won

http://i.imgur.com/WqKgWYx.gifv

Totally reminds me of

And Osprey haters
http://i.imgur.com/Rp7L4me.gifv

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 6, 2015

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duke Chin posted:

Elmo v. Jet Engine hey I wonder who won

Totally reminds me of

And Osprey haters

Dude I used to Kayak with sporadically never said a bad thing about ospereys.

Actually now that I think about it he was a C-130 pilot maybe? He was a marine flight officer who seemed pretty happy so I dunno

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I don't know if anyone involved in this posts in this thread, but I saw something weird when I was working in Waterloo, Ontario today. At around 1 PM I saw 2 large, what looked to be cargo (thinking globe masters, maybe a bit smaller?), military jets make a fairly low pass over downtown Waterloo at probably sub 4-5k feet. I thought that was strange but whatever.

Back at my companys yard, which is basically right beside the airport in Waterloo, at around 3:30 PM I saw what looked to be a fairly sophisticated drone. I didn't see a cockpit and it took off in a loving hurry. It looked kinda like this but with more curves?

Those two incidents just seemed kinda weird together. I hope there's not a big surveillance thing going on in Waterloo :-/

My post sounds like a crazy person, I just want to know if anyone had any info about it, seemed pretty odd to me.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I don't know if anyone involved in this posts in this thread, but I saw something weird when I was working in Waterloo, Ontario today. At around 1 PM I saw 2 large, what looked to be cargo (thinking globe masters, maybe a bit smaller?), military jets make a fairly low pass over downtown Waterloo at probably sub 4-5k feet. I thought that was strange but whatever.

Back at my companys yard, which is basically right beside the airport in Waterloo, at around 3:30 PM I saw what looked to be a fairly sophisticated drone. I didn't see a cockpit and it took off in a loving hurry. It looked kinda like this but with more curves?

Those two incidents just seemed kinda weird together. I hope there's not a big surveillance thing going on in Waterloo :-/

My post sounds like a crazy person, I just want to know if anyone had any info about it, seemed pretty odd to me.

Hunter, maybe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAI_RQ-5_Hunter

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

It was definitely jet powered. Like it is almost the same as the picture I posted, with a bit more curves on the front and no top dongle thing that I could see. This was ~500' away so I think I would've been able to see it.

compressioncut
Sep 3, 2003

Eat knuckle, Fritz!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It was definitely jet powered. Like it is almost the same as the picture I posted, with a bit more curves on the front and no top dongle thing that I could see. This was ~500' away so I think I would've been able to see it.

Pic you posted is a Heron, the RCAF used them. Looks like there's a "Super Heron" now, and it seems to fit your description though I didn't know we had any interest in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3OS9DX_uE

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

compressioncut posted:

Pic you posted is a Heron, the RCAF used them. Looks like there's a "Super Heron" now, and it seems to fit your description though I didn't know we had any interest in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3OS9DX_uE

That looks more like it, but it still sounded like a jet, not a prop, but I could be wrong.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That looks more like it, but it still sounded like a jet, not a prop, but I could be wrong.

There aren't very man jetpowered UAVs, maybe you saw the Avenger? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Atomics_Avenger

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What about a Global Hawk?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_RQ-4_Global_Hawk

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

No it was probably that super heron or w/e it's called. It had two tails connected on a main elevator on both tails with a central body. I'm just surprised that I saw the thing in Waterloo, but this is the technology hot spot of Ontario so maybe it's testing or something

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hot Karl Marx posted:

No it was probably that super heron or w/e it's called. It had two tails connected on a main elevator on both tails with a central body. I'm just surprised that I saw the thing in Waterloo, but this is the technology hot spot of Ontario so maybe it's testing or something

Canada has 2 of them in use for interior use, which really can mean anything, so maybe it was helping with some manner of land assessment/surveyor-ship

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I've seen a Hercules (I think) do the low flying thing around Brampton, ON too. Both times near the north end of the city / Brampton airport. It was neat; didn't realize how big they are in person.

The second time was extra weird because the plane couldn't have been more than 1500 feet off the ground and it kept circling around. I assumed it was training or something but I don't know why they'd do that near a highway and subdivision.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
The latest Hamas Navy commando training video
http://gfycat.com/BronzeYellowBeagle

hostile apostle fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 6, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

hostile apostle posted:

Carnik Con making new videoes again?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

the trump tutelage posted:

I've seen a Hercules (I think) do the low flying thing around Brampton, ON too. Both times near the north end of the city / Brampton airport. It was neat; didn't realize how big they are in person.

The second time was extra weird because the plane couldn't have been more than 1500 feet off the ground and it kept circling around. I assumed it was training or something but I don't know why they'd do that near a highway and subdivision.

Yeah that's what happened basically. It could've been Hercules', I was pretty far away. Two did a low pass over downtown and then later I saw the drone which was weird

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Global Hawks are enormous. Like 130 foot wingspan. There's also no reason in hell there'd be one parked in Canada unless it's being demo'd for purchase, which I don't think is happening.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Maybe the liberals are preparing for something :tinfoil:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Godholio posted:

Global Hawks are enormous. Like 130 foot wingspan. There's also no reason in hell there'd be one parked in Canada unless it's being demo'd for purchase, which I don't think is happening.

Yeah probably right I was just thinking of what else was bulbous and jet powered like that.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Also there's no way the Avenger is anywhere other than GA's facility at Gray Butte because lol who is going to buy that piece of poo poo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

Also there's no way the Avenger is anywhere other than GA's facility at Gray Butte because lol who is going to buy that piece of poo poo

I'm sure the 160th would love to break one over a goddamned fence.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Correction: it was a fence in the training compound but in theater it turned out to be a wall, leading to the brownout lmao

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I actually didn't know that, I was just downsizing the wall because the drone seems flimsier than a helicopter.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

hostile apostle posted:

holy poo poo

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

A Trident II was test fired in Southern California.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/nov/07/mystery-light-sky-military-navy-drill/

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The comments on reddit that we should always announce these tests before hand are funny... Like yeah lets advertise the location of our nuclear sub fleet so as not to trip out any stoned hipsters hanging out on their roofs.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Should have test fired on California.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mad Dragon posted:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

soy posted:

The comments on reddit that we should always announce these tests before hand are funny... Like yeah lets advertise the location of our nuclear sub fleet so as not to trip out any stoned hipsters hanging out on their roofs.

They kinda do announce them. They notify a bunch of agencies, and Disneyland apparently.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
They also close off the test range airspace to the west of LAX.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

Orange county in particular

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Yeah but I thought with the sub ones the NOTAMs are quite a bit more vaguely worded than when they're popping one off from Vandenberg.

fake edit: yeah if you read that linked news story LAX's airspace is closed for the next week. Pretty sure they're more specific with airspace restrictions when they're launching one from Vandenberg.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

People are still on about how this was some government cover up and how it came from a diff direction than they said!....I think....something about UFOs?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The only thing to be mad about is that there was no nuclear warhead on that missile.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The only thing to be mad about is that there was no nuclear warhead on that missile.

... how do you know? :tinfoil:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think it's cool they they did a show of force to remind those Bay Area wieners who their God really is

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

... how do you know? :tinfoil:

:ssh:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

I think it's cool they they did a show of force to remind those Bay Area wieners who their God really is

Uh we have fleet week bro our whole city becomes a 3 day airshow. We are basically the danger zone.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Has anyone mentioned that they fired the missile in the wrong direction (seriously, not as a joke that it should have hit some city)? Go Navy!

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

• Locked thread