Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fathis Munk posted:

Tiger face on this one means it's a joke. Also he says so in his description. So no it never was about women's rights.

I figured when he said it was a joke he meant it in a "it's funny because it's true" way.

MGTen posted:

The comments in this one are fantastic. Dozens of people tripping over themselves to smugly throw out outdated facts about an industry they obviously know nothing about. I'll bet if you asked a single one of them to tell you what percentage of the rough stone trade De Beers is actually responsible for, they couldn't tell you.

Don't get me wrong, the diamond industry is a hive of scum and villainy, but [strike]because they're a fashion item generally associated with women[/strike] for some strange reason jewelry raises more passionate ire and condemnation from the imgur/Reddit crowd than other products with similar markups and shady histories.

But no, please tell me more about how diamonds have ridiculously inflated prices, benefit from slave labor and lovely environmental practices, and don't have any real value as you drink a six dollar mocha.

Also popular among black people too, so you can use it to attack both them and women.

How about something cool on imgur?
http://imgur.com/gallery/Zt9Y4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Frostwerks posted:

I had a coworker ask me who my favorite serial killer was one time.

My favourite serial killer is Barbie.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

twistedmentat posted:

I figured when he said it was a joke he meant it in a "it's funny because it's true" way

The tiger is the joke version of the confession bear. It's mostly very dark (and terrible) jokes.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Those sets are really impressive.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

How does no one doubt anything.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Decrepus posted:

How does no one doubt anything.

You really think someone would do that? Go on the internet and tell lies?

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

"My pointless prank resulted in me panicking and buying cake for the entire school! Bow down and worship my name, mortals! I am like a god unto thee!"

A father projects his own insecurities onto his family, abandoning them emotionally to pursue his own selfish interests. It's rare to see an Imgurian be this self-aware about their own childish behavior and emotional immaturity. Hopefully, now that they recognize their problem they can grow as a parent and a person.

"I am literally too dumb to feed myself and my girlfriend is a surrogate mother. This is funny and not the least bit depressing or pathetic."

Betty calls 911 because the butcher is clearly having a stroke.

Please get help for your father. It sounds like he's going through some stuff.

quote:

Sometimes when i'm bored, i run an elaborate simulations in my head pertaining to a situation that have higher odds of happening in day today life. I like to prepare myself with readymade just heat and eat type responses. And in order have a control group i post it in a meme form and check its credibility by going through the comments. If it leans largely on the positive side, i polish the aforementioned statement further and just wait till such an event actually takes place. It can be used as an icebreaker or just to lighten up a dull boring daily routine.

Either ways Imgur give yourself a big hand of applause for "who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become." (Deus Ex human Revolution)

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

MGTen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R044sleOW6I

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

I get the joke. It just isn't funny because it makes no sense for someone to speak like that.

"Could I get some beef, Paul?"

"NO BLACK BETTY HAM OR LAMB"

I mean, best case scenario, the butcher is weirdly curt and pushy with his customers:

"No [beef], black Betty. Ham or lamb?"

But it really should be "No beef today, black Betty. Want some ham or lamb?"

But that doesn't match up with the song at all. Plus, Betty is wondering why she's going to a racist butcher that runs his store so poorly that he runs out of beef.

It's a complete failure of a joke.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Black Betty is a pretty great song though.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
kind of impressive to come across as less likeable than the people who uploaded the images being made fun of

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Why are they even called butchers? Sure they butcher things but they also sell things as well. Makes you think.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

MGTen posted:

I get the joke. It just isn't funny because it makes no sense for someone to speak like that.

I mean, best case scenario, the butcher is weirdly curt and pushy with his customers:

But that doesn't match up with the song at all. Plus, Betty is wondering why she's going to a racist butcher that runs his store so poorly that he runs out of beef.

Every time you post I become more and more convinced that you are a literal wet blanket that somehow gained access to a computer and a credit card.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How brave! Comments are as usual on the side of "you fuckwit", but it still got voted to front page.

The rest of the guy's submissions are generally following the same theme, can you spot it?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What a scrub , that's not trans at all, that clearly needs the cis prefix. Learn some Latin.

(also your opinions are lovely)

E: ok the other ones are jokes at least?
Also : Notoriety : Idolised :laffo:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate that sloth bear thing the worst out of all the imgur animal macros cause it's the exact look some fatass self righteous neckbeard would have while he's sitting stewing in his own insecurities and gross opinions

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Confession bear is supposed to be used for terrible shameful confessions so I guess it fits?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

Confession bear is supposed to be used for terrible shameful confessions so I guess it fits?

I'm not specifically calling you out (or even saying its negative at all), just making a general observation, but some of my favorite posts are the ones where someone points out that they aren't even using the meme properly. It's just the next level of pointing out grammar mistakes in their lovely posts.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

MGTen posted:

"My pointless prank resulted in me panicking and buying cake for the entire school! Bow down and worship my name, mortals! I am like a god unto thee!"

A father projects his own insecurities onto his family, abandoning them emotionally to pursue his own selfish interests. It's rare to see an Imgurian be this self-aware about their own childish behavior and emotional immaturity. Hopefully, now that they recognize their problem they can grow as a parent and a person.

"I am literally too dumb to feed myself and my girlfriend is a surrogate mother. This is funny and not the least bit depressing or pathetic."

Please get help for your father. It sounds like he's going through some stuff.

Thanks for telling me why this stuff is not funny I wouldn't of known otherwise.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://imgur.com/gallery/uJ8O95H
Boo hoo hoo, my boyfriend thinks I shouldn't spend so much time trying to be popular on a image sharing site because no one in the real world likes me. I do like the first comment though, and the one about "yea, but a lot of you are racist fuckwits"

http://imgur.com/gallery/CcLOhJV
You're missing the point dumbass.

http://imgur.com/gallery/E5M1cF4
I'm like, what? Just buy a giant truck and get a CC permit, and you'll feel bad rear end again.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9wPIkHn
Wait, how is this a joke? You're pointing out similarities between a recent kids movie that takes elements of many superheros and iconic characters from the Silver Age of comics. That's not a joke, that's an observation, plus you got it backwards anyways as the Maximoff's first appeared in the early 60s.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Nov 9, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

MGTen posted:

:goonsay:

lmao

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

"I graduated from a prestigious school by working part-time," said everyone whose grandparents paid for it.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

twistedmentat posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/uJ8O95H
Boo hoo hoo, my boyfriend thinks I shouldn't spend so much time trying to be popular on a image sharing site because no one in the real world likes me. I do like the first comment though, and the one about "yea, but a lot of you are racist fuckwits"

how do you have no friends if you have a boyfriend

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

CommunistPancake posted:

They've been dating since they were 18 and talk to no one else. #relationshipgoals

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommunistPancake posted:

Have you never known anyone who had a clingy, annoying SO that monopolized their time cause they don't know anyone else to hang out with or talk to? It's a pretty common thing

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

twistedmentat posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/9wPIkHn
Wait, how is this a joke? You're pointing out similarities between a recent kids movie that takes elements of many superheros and iconic characters from the Silver Age of comics. That's not a joke, that's an observation, plus you got it backwards anyways as the Maximoff's first appeared in the early 60s.

I'm pretty sure the joke was "so did those bullets".

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
Post your favorite joke to over analyze.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Any person with basic motor skills and >70 IQ can screw in a lightbulb so prima facie any punchline in the oeuvre should not have multiple people performing such a simple task. Furthermore

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I completely missed the joke, as in I didn't see the line of text.

I made sure to run over this 5 times before posting.
http://imgur.com/gallery/t23cFeR
This better be STDH because otherwise that's psychopath talk.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

The comments are classic (especially if you click show bad replies)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I love how there's people on imgur with enough self awareness

quote:

Are feminists actually mad about slave Leia or did you just make that up so you could rile imgur up for another anti-feminist circle jerk?

From what I could tell, it was Disney that's pulling slave leia costumes because it felt fetishizing her lowest moment was bad form.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Leia was angry about the slave costume. So really, the Jabbas are the dudes who think it's cool.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I think at the time Carrie was jazzed about the slave girl costume, but she was also on a lot of coke. I don't think she's a big fan of it now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

With out that costume she never would have landed her biggest role, "Kissing woman who floats when Tink flies above them" in Hook.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Probably would've had better reception if 'Hutt-killer Leia' had caught on instead

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Front page

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Someone only read the headline of that news story.

Actually that's literally all of imgur. Nevermind.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea there's kind of an ignorance of stuff like swastika's all over the place, straight up white supremacist running around campus threatening black students and poo poo that looks like its out of Mississippi Burning.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

twistedmentat posted:

Yea there's kind of an ignorance of stuff like swastika's all over the place, straight up white supremacist running around campus threatening black students and poo poo that looks like its out of Mississippi Burning.

I thought there was like one swastika drawn in poo poo on the bathroom walls and one occurence of some random off-campus guy yelling "friend of the family" from a passing car.

If you're gonna fire someone over a single poop swastika, it should probably be the janitor rather than the president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

From the comment section

quote:

Mine is getting raped and beaten to death. That's a life-ruiner too.
show bad replies

quote:

Cuz violent rape and murder happens as often as false accusations lmfao

FEMALES always ruining mens life with their spermjacking and rape accusations. It's a hard life for a man these days :qq:

• Locked thread