Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fathis Munk posted:

Atoms are like the Lego of the universe, when you walk on them they hurt your feet.

Wait no...

Your pets eat all the little important ones when you're not looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Fought off the SJW

Im a crossdresser and was shopping alone in a women's clothing store. The look on her face was priceless. :smuggo:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I know it's goony to effortpost about imgur, but I really can't wrap my head around this idea that white people aren't allowed to have cultural celebrations ever. And that's not even getting into the other "privileges" on that list that only exist because the assumption of systemic fault comes from the fact that black people have been disproportionately harmed by systemic things. Assuming cops pull you over for racist things isn't really a privilege if it still means you're getting pulled over significantly more.

Hey, I wish more people would. There's a lot of dumb bullshit being put out by Imgur and Reddit and just knowing that it's bunk is fine but it's much better if you can specifically explain how.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Your Computer posted:

Fought off the SJW

Im a crossdresser and was shopping alone in a women's clothing store. The look on her face was priceless. :smuggo:

Yeah, enjoy your cheap laugh, trans people have enough problems without your petty remarks.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Shayu posted:

Yeah, enjoy your cheap laugh, trans people have enough problems without your petty remarks.

Aside from the emote that's the imgur posters exact words you spaz.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:laffo:

The idiots are coming from inside the thread!

Again.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Shayu posted:

they're posting on imgur

do you really think they're something other than a cis male teenager

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

"Hey, wanna hear what I think about death?"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Shayu posted:

It's more the fact that, no, a skeleton warrior did not do that, because this sort of situation only happens in people's minds so they can demolish them with a quick but witty remark.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

I hate small talk.... now let's discuss atoms!

I can't think of anything smaller to talk about.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trapped mouse posted:

It's more the fact that, no, a skeleton warrior did not do that, because this sort of situation only happens in people's minds so they can demolish them with a quick but witty remark.

I've literally never encountered a person in real life who fits the tumblr sjw stereotype but I know a few who fit the mra/pua one to a tee. MRA poo poo has become way more mainstream outside internet hugboxes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Nostradingus posted:

How about...your dick?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I know it's goony to effortpost about imgur, but I really can't wrap my head around this idea that white people aren't allowed to have cultural celebrations ever. And that's not even getting into the other "privileges" on that list that only exist because the assumption of systemic fault comes from the fact that black people have been disproportionately harmed by systemic things. Assuming cops pull you over for racist things isn't really a privilege if it still means you're getting pulled over significantly more.

I think a lot of it comes from not understanding what white culture is. They cry about there not being white culture celebrations without realizing that white culture is basically default American culture. White people have been the majority and considered the default of "American" since the country was a concept. That's only recently been questioned, and people are slowly moving to embrace the full range of cultures in the country as American. Some white people who've never given it much thought see minorities expressing pride and being embraced, and they feel threatened and encroached on without realizing it's because others are becoming more equal.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

How about...your dick?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've literally never encountered a person in real life who fits the tumblr sjw stereotype

That's because it's a strawman. It's like saying all feminists are the radical dick-chopping man-haters, except applied to pretty much any equal rights movement.

There are a few crazies that actually exist, but they're so few and so ineffectual that it's as realistic of a worry as an ex-president is going to jump out and mug you.

But Bill Clinton stealing your wallet isn't resolved by lying in a cheap intellectual potshot.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Fought off the SJW

I am so baffled by this. Does this person think that SJW's believe that buying clothes for a girlfriend or spouse is misogynistic? I mean, if you're clearly dictating how they must dress like they're a Barbie doll, sure, but this is just such an odd thing to imagine people actually get upset about that it can't be anything but a strawman.

And who is this SJW? A customer? A clerk? The only reason I go shopping at a store these days is to either get assistance with sizes or try things on. Otherwise, it's easier just order things online to avoid the hassle. And trust me, the people at Nordstrom's know you're not buying for your girlfriend. At most clothing stores, crossdressers are a known quantity and no one thinks the guy that's spent a half an hour eyeballing sizes in the woman's plus size section without asking for help is shopping for their SO.

It's such a bizarre fantasy. I really don't know what to make of it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

He made it up for fake internet points, hope that helps.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

He made it up for fake internet points, hope that helps.

That's obvious, but what I don't get is why people are buying it even though it's such a weird story to lie about and so obviously stdh. Not to mention, a majority of the anti-SJW set is rabidly transphobic, so I can't see them effectively using this as any sort of trump card.

I just don't get what on earth possessed someone to lie about this and why people are upvoting it. The whole thing is bizarre.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MGTen posted:

That's obvious, but what I don't get is why people are buying it even though it's such a weird story to lie about and so obviously stdh. Not to mention, a majority of the anti-SJW set is rabidly transphobic, so I can't see them effectively using this as any sort of trump card.

I just don't get what on earth possessed someone to lie about this and why people are upvoting it. The whole thing is bizarre.

These people enjoy any sort of fantasy about women being owned or put in their place and are willing to completely ignore the fact that 99% of them are complete stdh. it's not much more complex than that

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Aesop Poprock posted:

These people enjoy any sort of fantasy about women being owned or put in their place and are willing to completely ignore the fact that 99% of them are complete stdh. it's not much more complex than that

But they can't be blatantly misogynist about it, so the woman has to be the aggressor and saying something ridiculous and hypocritical, so that the protagonist of this tale is both putting a woman in her place and the real egalitarian.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Aesop Poprock posted:

I wonder how many people called this non-existent woman a oval office in the comments. It's rampant in the comments, like a bunch of teenagers who just figured out it's one of the meanest things you can say to a woman.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Nostradingus posted:

Quarks, for one thing.

MGTen posted:

Not to mention, a majority of the anti-SJW set is rabidly transphobic, so I can't see them effectively using this as any sort of trump card.

Some of the anti-PC, anti-social justice crowd are people who self-identify as liberal and believe that PC-gone-too-far will eventually collapse on itself into a backwards conservatism, like here, where an assumption of sexism is inherently transphobic. I don't think the people who hate SJW stuff necessarily analyze it on that level, but the idea that you could prejudge a person's behavior as problematic and such a judgement would be problematic in and of itself is something people like (many social justice types who don't spend all their time on tumblr would probably agree that any prejudice is problematic regardless of target, but imgur only cares about the kind that invades their internet spaces, which is usually the tumblr kind).

Have some appropriate front page content: http://imgur.com/gallery/WDDAz5x

Recurring great commenter IPOSTINCAPSLOCKALOT's top comment is apropos:

quote:

GOD I HATE TUMBLR ANYWAY HERE'S ANOTHER POST ABOUT TUMBLR

TheRecogScene has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Nov 6, 2015

VirgilCannot
Jan 1, 2014

Eponine posted:

I wonder how many people called this non-existent woman a oval office in the comments. It's rampant in the comments, like a bunch of teenagers who just figured out it's one of the meanest things you can say to a woman.

What you can do on any of these posts is to expand every comment chain and ctrl+f for "bitch" and "oval office". I've never seen the total not be in the double digits.

These guys might have some issues with women, is what I'm saying.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
http://imgur.com/gallery/d0b8lZS

gently caress YOU SINGLE MOMS :reject:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I didn't read past the first 10 responses and it actually seemed kind of sweet, how did people find a way to poo poo on this. don't those types of dudes literally want to be babied in the same way

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kdrudy posted:

Where do I work? Oh I'm with the EDF. Do you like death?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Aesop Poprock posted:

I didn't read past the first 10 responses and it actually seemed kind of sweet, how did people find a way to poo poo on this. don't those types of dudes literally want to be babied in the same way

WHAT ABOUT SINGLE DADS WHO MAKES ME A SANDWICH?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

darkwasthenight posted:

WHAT ABOUT SINGLE DADS WHO MAKES ME A SANDWICH?

Your stripper daughter?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Why does this look like an adult man's lunch at a office job?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

loving Bonzi Buddy, I can't help but read every post with his voice.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fathis Munk posted:

:laffo:

The idiots are coming from inside the thread!

Again.

kdrudy posted:

I had a coworker ask me who my favorite serial killer was one time.

Frostwerks has a new favorite as of 01:12 on Nov 8, 2015

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Frostwerks posted:

Well?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

He doesn't have that co-worker anymore.

EDIT: I'm saying he killed them.

Because he's a serial killer.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Nuebot posted:

He doesn't have that co-worker anymore.

EDIT: I'm saying he killed them.

Because he's a serial killer.

Don't leave us hanging, is he his favourite serial killer or what?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Ket posted:

Don't leave us hanging, is he his favourite serial killer or what?

I hate myself and want to die.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Frostwerks posted:

I hate myself and want to die.

So if it's not you, then who is it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Frostwerks posted:

You say Ed Gein, and if they don't point out he only killed like one person, and was more of a graverobber than anything, they're full of crap.

I doubt anyone who posts this actually has a gf, much less wants to marry her. Plus, you know, he can mask his mysogney behind concern trolling.
http://imgur.com/gallery/xF0nNXY

I'm sure you care about womens rights sooooo much, not to mention you should probably learn something about Islam that's not from Islamophobic media and politicians.
http://imgur.com/gallery/BuiRSWo

So, please explain why you don't want Hillary to be the first female president, like I mean, actually give reasons, not "she's a oval office" or "She's a psycho!" or the comment "She changes her position to what is politically popular!" as if 100% of all politicians do that, unless they don't want to change with the attitudes of the electorate. It still boggles my mind that we think inflexibility and stubbornness are virtues.
http://imgur.com/gallery/G9o9Z4S
Also, the comment about "can we stop 'I am an x and I think y' posts?"

Uh, I really hope this is STDH
http://imgur.com/gallery/15WZtTM
Gross.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

twistedmentat posted:

I'm sure you care about womens rights sooooo much, not to mention you should probably learn something about Islam that's not from Islamophobic media and politicians.
http://imgur.com/gallery/BuiRSWo

Tiger face on this one means it's a joke. Also he says so in his description. So no it never was about women's rights.

MGTen
Aug 9, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I doubt anyone who posts this actually has a gf, much less wants to marry her. Plus, you know, he can mask his mysogney behind concern trolling.
http://imgur.com/gallery/xF0nNXY

The comments in this one are fantastic. Dozens of people tripping over themselves to smugly throw out outdated facts about an industry they obviously know nothing about. I'll bet if you asked a single one of them to tell you what percentage of the rough stone trade De Beers is actually responsible for, they couldn't tell you.

Don't get me wrong, the diamond industry is a hive of scum and villainy, but [strike]because they're a fashion item generally associated with women[/strike] for some strange reason jewelry raises more passionate ire and condemnation from the imgur/Reddit crowd than other products with similar markups and shady histories.

But no, please tell me more about how diamonds have ridiculously inflated prices, benefit from slave labor and lovely environmental practices, and don't have any real value as you drink a six dollar mocha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MGTen posted:

The comments in this one are fantastic. Dozens of people tripping over themselves to smugly throw out outdated facts about an industry they obviously know nothing about. I'll bet if you asked a single one of them to tell you what percentage of the rough stone trade De Beers is actually responsible for, they couldn't tell you.

Don't get me wrong, the diamond industry is a hive of scum and villainy, but [strike]because they're a fashion item generally associated with women[/strike] for some strange reason jewelry raises more passionate ire and condemnation from the imgur/Reddit crowd than other products with similar markups and shady histories.

But no, please tell me more about how diamonds have ridiculously inflated prices, benefit from slave labor and lovely environmental practices, and don't have any real value as you drink a six dollar mocha.

Would you rank the diamond industry up as worse than FIFA or no?

• Locked thread