Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Fortis posted:

Okay, I looked at the last interlude and I have no idea what that is on NK's hand.

Well, it kind of looks like two pieces of hard candy with faces nuzzling all up-ons each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is Peridot implying that Sir Bacon is not worthy of "Friends?"

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Anora posted:

WarpedNaba posted:

Given the choice between dating a boy and dating a chick, [Peridot] goes straight for the chick.

Where the hell does she hang her clothes?

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Anora posted:

Peridot is implying that they are obviously a romantic-type ladycouple, because it is impossible for any show's fandom to conceive of any "friendship" between two people of the same gender being platonic UNLESS there are giant flaming hints they are in fact actually gay, in which case many of them will exhibit Mr. Magoo-like levels of obliviousness.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Wonderslug posted:

Peridot is implying that they are obviously a romantic-type ladycouple, because it is impossible for any show's fandom to conceive of any "friendship" between two people of the same gender being platonic UNLESS there are giant flaming hints they are in fact actually gay, in which case many of them will exhibit Mr. Magoo-like levels of obliviousness.
Are you doing a science presentation for a middle school class? Because you're projecting pretty hard right now.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are you doing a science presentation for a middle school class? Because you're projecting pretty hard right now.

Huh? It's not an unheard of observation. Hell, it's happened multiple times with this comic already. See the Internets complete confusion about Piano's letter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What I mean is making this a 'fandom' thing, and not a 'Peridot is super gay' thing.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Amazingly, both those things can be true at the same time.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Fortis posted:

Okay, I looked at the last interlude and I have no idea what that is on NK's hand.

Looks like a segue into memory or introspection to me.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-688/

Yep.

Nightmare Knight's a nice guy as long as he's not actively appearing to attempt murder.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-689/

The question is raised.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I really, really like the use of lighting in that comic.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"how many people have you killed, nightmare knight"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

dragon enthusiast posted:

"how many people have you killed, nightmare knight"

"Do you recall every cookie you've baked?"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffleman_ posted:

"Do you recall every cookie you've baked?"

"I've never baked a cookie, I don't actually know how to cook at all Nightmare Knight."

"Oh."

And that's how Nightmare Knight started giving Princess Parfait cooking lessons.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I really hope NK fesses up, there's too much build up for this as it is.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Eh, it's the underlying mystery of the entire comic, it would be kind of weird if he just hadn't told anyone because they didn't ask.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Carrasco posted:

Eh, it's the underlying mystery of the entire comic, it would be kind of weird if he just hadn't told anyone because they didn't ask.

At the same time, we are dealing with webcomic pacing. So I'd rather not have it drag out until the last arc. Plus, I'm eager to see where GiGi takes the story once everything is laid bare.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Carrasco posted:

The underlying tension of NK and what was his deal has already been pretty much shot to poo poo as is, though. "Why is this chump who keeps getting pushed around not taking over the world" isn't really a huge question anymore.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Carrasco posted:

No one actually seems to have asked from what we've seen.

And it is definitely kind of weird to ask a bad guy why they're bad. You wouldn't ask that of a person mugging you. You wouldn't ask that of a dictator.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
You would if you were ironclad sure that they weren't in a position to harm you.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Look, growing up in the Knight family was hard enough without also being saddled with the name Nightmare. He's doing the best he can okay?!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Neo_Crimson posted:

At the same time, we are dealing with webcomic pacing. So I'd rather not have it drag out until the last arc. Plus, I'm eager to see where GiGi takes the story once everything is laid bare.

You might be out of luck there. She seems to have archival pacing in mind instead of serial update pacing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

You might be out of luck there. She seems to have archival pacing in mind instead of serial update pacing.

Good

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-690/

Turns out that Night Knight is just like Santa. Or Coyote. You have to believe.
edit: Oh, it's a double update! I didn't notice at first.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A weak, crumbling cookie... it's the worst thing.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Eh... I'm calling bullshit. It feels like there is something more behind the Nightmare Knight that is causing him to do all of this. Just a hunch.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Maybe he failed to protect someone he cared about, in a reverse-Carrot situation, and that's why he hates weakness, from his own shortcomings? The parallel would make sense, considering they're both knights, after all.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Okay, well that makes sense as a source of power for Nightmare Knight.

Anyone want to take a bet that he's in this cycle because of a Faustian bargain.

life_source posted:

Eh... I'm calling bullshit. It feels like there is something more behind the Nightmare Knight that is causing him to do all of this. Just a hunch.

Not a bad idea since the princess herself calls bullshit.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 11, 2015

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

life_source posted:

It's only half the answer. He needs fear to have power, which is why he plays up the evil. He never said why he wants power.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Yeah, I re-read the pages, and while I believe he is telling the truth, it doesn't actually answer the question, and there is still a lot of other things that are probably going on.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Anyone want to take a bet that he's in this cycle because of a Faustian bargain.

And I really like this idea.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

life_source posted:

I just remember the all too convenient interruption here.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Do people even fear him that much? It seems like most of Dreamside hasn't even noticed he's there yet.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rand Brittain posted:

Do people even fear him that much? It seems like most of Dreamside hasn't even noticed he's there yet.

The disaster masters probably do most of the fear-mongering for him, and they only show up at the time when it's most likely to cause widespread panic. (save Rosemaster, who was all sneaky about it)

That said, whenever he does show up in person, everybody else is pretty much pissing themselves scared, so it could be just his reputation alone is enough to create "fear".

What I wanna know is if this conversation is a flashback or taking place after finishing Punisher Pumice.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
^^^^^

Pretty sure it's a flashback prompted by Pumice's description of friendship. I wouldn't be surprised if the little candy doodle thing NK is staring at was drawn by Parfait during that conversation.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The disaster masters probably do most of the fear-mongering for him, and they only show up at the time when it's most likely to cause widespread panic. (save Rosemaster, who was all sneaky about it)

That said, whenever he does show up in person, everybody else is pretty much pissing themselves scared, so it could be just his reputation alone is enough to create "fear".

What I wanna know is if this conversation is a flashback or taking place after finishing Punisher Pumice.

Well, when he shows up in person, his pinky finger is the size of an average bunnyperson.

Actually, is NMK's helmet his face, or is it an actual helmet? If it's a helmet, is he a bunny? Because a giant bunny would be kinda cute.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Pyroi posted:

Well, when he shows up in person, his pinky finger is the size of an average bunnyperson.

Actually, is NMK's helmet his face, or is it an actual helmet? If it's a helmet, is he a bunny? Because a giant bunny would be kinda cute.

I'm too lazy to find where right now, but Gigi confirmed on her twitter that it's his face and not an actual helmet. There isn't anybody secretly inside it.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

She rescinded that tweet to say the shocking end twist to Cucumber Quest would be when Nightmare Knight pulls off his helmet to reveal it was Papyrus the whole time.

This is the acceptable canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I told you if Papyrus makes a cameo he'll steal the whole show.