Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
You can't tell me he wasn't the cart driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

people who ship lelouch/kallen, lelouch/suzaku, or the girl i knew in high school who shipped lelouch/tamaki for some insane reason

What about people who ship Kallen / C.C.?

But no, I'm just really fond of Lelouch / C.C. cause I have a lot of good memories about watching Code Geass. Probably not too many good memories about Code Geass itself.

I still subscribe to the theory that Lelouch never died and instead goes around travelling the world with C.C., no matter how silly that theory may be.

If they're gonna leave the ending open-ended then I'm going to interpret it in a way that suits me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
C.C. / Lelouch and Orange / Maid are my two ships.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

this owns

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

NotALizardman posted:

Well poo poo if Knorth is recommending High School of the Dead, I guess I'll have to watch it!!

watch a good ecchi show instead

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tokyo Ghoul Re: is getting a lot like Bleach.

A meandering plot, chapters dedicated to meaningless 1 on 1 fights that prop up a character only to kill them off in the next chapter, character bloat, and awesome art.

Granted, the character bloat isn't as bad since Sui actually is willing to kill off characters.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
My OTP is C.C./Cheese-kun.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

crazy fact: this incompetent captain in vagabond has the exact same eyes as plastic nee-san

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hmm sakurako bones is on hulu now i guess i will try it...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Some day I will play through a Wild ARMs game.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Tokyo Ghoul Re: is getting a lot like Bleach.

A meandering plot, chapters dedicated to meaningless 1 on 1 fights that prop up a character only to kill them off in the next chapter, character bloat, and awesome art.

Granted, the character bloat isn't as bad since Sui actually is willing to kill off characters.
Some dude on ANN wrote an article about Bleach's decline and pretty much every point he listed off was something anyone who's kept up with Bleach has known for years.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Some dude on ANN wrote an article about Bleach's decline and pretty much every point he listed off was something anyone who's kept up with Bleach has known for years.

I guess it was for the people who don't read BLEACH and don't know anyone who does but are still curious as to why it's not a Top 3 shounen anymore.

I don't think those people exist.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Wait, are there new problems with Bleach? I figured the old problems were just never fixed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I guess it was for the people who don't read BLEACH and don't know anyone who does but are still curious as to why it's not a Top 3 shounen anymore.

I don't think those people exist.
people who stopped reading when aizen died are pretty common tbh

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DoubleDonut posted:

Wait, are there new problems with Bleach? I figured the old problems were just never fixed.

Nah, still just the old problems, only more convoluted.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

NotALizardman posted:

Well poo poo if Knorth is recommending High School of the Dead, I guess I'll have to watch it!!

If you want super trashy zombie action, then sure, go for it :)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

FAKE-EDIT: Never mind, I thought you said beaten, not died.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

The general tone of the article was "Man, remember when Bleach was huge like ten years ago? Whatever happened to that?"

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Should I finish Mikagura Gakuen Kumiyoku?I can't remember if I got three or four episodes in by the time I sort of just forgot to keep up with it but I just noticed I still have the episodes lying around and it's only one cours and I don't have anything better to do so

It had potential and was flying close to a few things I wanted to see but didn't seem to be grasping it and had a few elements that were majorly dragging it down, like how whatsername-senpai was the most boring character possible.

I pretty much stopped hearing anybody talk about it after where I left off which isn't a very good sign, but I'm okay if it ended up being just a fun little thing.

Reds fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Nov 9, 2015

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've watched 250 episodes of bleach and boy do I regret it

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Reds posted:

Should I finish Mikagura Gakuen Kumiyoku?I can't remember if I got three or four episodes in by the time I sort of just forgot to keep up with it but I just noticed I still have the episodes lying around and it's only one cours and I don't have anything better to do so

It had potential and was flying close to a few things I wanted to see but didn't seem to be grasping it and had a few elements that were majorly dragging it down, like how whatsername-senpai was the most boring character possible.

Mikagura was fun, but not particularly memorable. It's not a bad way to kill some time, but there are probably better. Have you seem best anime Utena or v. good anime Kaiba?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

littleorv posted:

I've watched 250 episodes of bleach and boy do I regret it

At least the OPs and EDs were good.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Mikagura was fun, but not particularly memorable. It's not a bad way to kill some time, but there are probably better. Have you seem best anime Utena or v. good anime Kaiba?

Yes to the first, and I am saving Kaiba right now. I'm going to watch Kemonozume first anyway.

I am okay with quiet little fun shows so I guess I'll get back to it on the side.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Allarion posted:

At least the OPs and EDs were good.

I skipped all of them except for Asterisk

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I know nothing about Bleach and knew nothing about it but the name for many years, but I have a friend who watched it as his thing to get into anime, and he likes this ED and I'm inclined to agree with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xstUWxrQa-E

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

High School of the Dead has Kanbaru's VA which means the show is good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Link it to me so I can agree with his points.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A few good fanarts I found today

Surprise Yui + Irohas

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

Those people are smarter than I. But those who stopped even before that are smarter still.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

littleorv posted:

High School of the Dead has Kanbaru's VA which means the show is good

Yeah, I think my phase of watching everything Sawashiro had a significant role in was what got watching that show in the first place :)

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Oh my god this loving cancer gag in SYD. I'm dead

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Link it to me so I can agree with his points.
Whoop whoop.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Also, I learned today that VIZ is apparently going to run Jojo Part 3 in their digital printing of Shounen Jump which is pretty cool in my opinion.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He should've spent more time talking about what went wrong during the Aizen arc rather than acting as if it got significantly badder after his defeat. Instead of it being just as bad except over a longer period of a time.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The only reason I read bleach was so that I could complain about it. I stopped after it started taking longer than 30 seconds to read a chapter

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To be honest, my biggest peeve with Bleach has actually been about how fights play out. Like, Kubo can draw some really fantastic-looking battles, but virtually all of them end in a cliffhanger that ends up showing that the character's attack did nothing.

Bleach is filled with the most pretentious characters who spend an hour posturing before attacking in one panel and then being shocked when their attack did nothing, only to later show that their true attack was actually something else, and that attack also does nothing, and

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He should've spent more time talking about what went wrong during the Aizen arc rather than acting as if it got significantly badder after his defeat. Instead of it being just as bad except over a longer period of a time.
I still maintain that the Soul Society arc is where everything started to fall apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

A very cute Yui.

• Locked thread