Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Weed makes most people who talk about smoking it into enormously smug fucker that I want to put the boots to on principal.

Yes, as TCC has told me, I am apparently the fun police. loving stoners. There are a ton of people who can handle their poo poo, and good for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I've got slightly less than 4 weeks to get the 635csi running so I can part out the M3 and pick up a smoking deal on a 944 that's almost too good to be true.

And here I am stuck waiting for parts...

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

That's what I would have said until I saw the studies. Yes, weed intoxicated drivers are inhibited buuuuut - and here's why the rear end backwards from what you expect result works - weed drivers are very well aware of their inhibitation and take a drat sight more care when driving. Due to that, they actually are less likely to gently caress up while driving than not inhibited.

I'm not advocating weed driving by any measure - you are a loving idiot driving inhibited - however the facts don't support banning weed because of driving reasons. Weed inhibitation just doesn't make a user a death dealing lunatic on the roads.

I have seen the studies because I used to defend the things for a living. If there was a legitmate peer reviewed study that said that, it would be a big deal.
High drivers do certain things that are safer, but that is countered by stuff they do that is wrong. It also depends on the level of intoxication.

Edit: alcohol and weed will gently caress you up. .05 plus a small amount of THC will make you really done.

nm fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 9, 2015

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Rhyno posted:

Yeah what the hell man. We're lacking in our orange vehicle quota around here.

My threads all hit the archives, but I got this thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Today I played trivial pursuit with my family for the first time in ten years and o forgot how good it holds up :3:

Also please hold off on buying me avatars because I'm starting to feel bad about it and also because they're just going to change it back anyways. I'll just stop posting for a while

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Holdbrooks posted:

Oh man. This is going to be awesome!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nm posted:

I have seen the studies because I used to defend the things for a living. If there was a legitmate peer reviewed study that said that, it would be a big deal.
High drivers do certain things that are safer, but that is countered by stuff they do that is wrong. It also depends on the level of intoxication.

Edit: alcohol and weed will gently caress you up. .05 plus a small amount of THC will make you really done.

That's where the shards come in to perk you up, and maybe a bar or two to take the edge off the fact you've been up 4 days

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Re: 944.
Yea, maybe not.

$480 water pump, $55 adapter kit, $265 timing belt kit, and $300 in specialty tools for doing the timing belt and water pump.

That's almost the cost of a basic TPC LS swap kit.
(Which would only be an option if I drive the 7.5l Ford to work and sell the m3, e28, and 323)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mafoose posted:

Yea, maybe not.

$480 water pump, $55 adapter kit, $265 timing belt kit, and $300 in specialty tools for doing the timing belt and water pump.

(Which would only be an option if I drive the 7.5l Ford to work and sell the m3, e28, and 323)

Haha compare that to a TB/water pump kit for your 323. What is it, like 60 bucks?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awesome I'm sick!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Phone posted:

Me and FatCow beat up on a Miata today:

Arent you supposed to keep all four wheels on the ground?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

My mate has a 100hp panda. It's fun and he loves it but it gets poo poo mpg for a small car

Surely a cat c Volvo with 273k is worth pretty much nothing?

I keep looking at cat c/d aygos and panda 4x4's. Have you looked at the things for sale on the car transplants website? So cheap....

Yeah, 30-40mpg is what I read. I might be better off with a diesel, then I could get it in holdbrooks orange.

Yup it's worthless, I'd offer 」300. I really like the first gen v70s.

At some point I'll look back upon my shattered life, parts strewn everywhere and realise the breaking point was me asking "what transplant website?"

Initialdave posted:

Well, small Italian cars are fun, and both Volvos* and diesels are sad, sad excuses for automotive transport that no respectable person should ever be found driving. Does that help?
You and me need to have words young man. Diesels gave their place and (some) Volvos are awesome.

Also we've already established I have awful taste in cars so there's that.

Anyway, there's still space in my life for a third car, we can have commuting cars and fun cars.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holdbrooks posted:

Exocet or Boso Truck?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn. Slow as hell night with deliveries, but still somehow made $90. I spent almost 2 hours of the shift sitting in a parking lot (granted, with the radio on, sunroof open, etc), so really I only did actual work for about 3 hours (5 hour shift).

The best part of this job is finding all of these really good restaurants. :unsmith:

The worst part of this job is finding all of these really good restaurants. :smith: The restaurant I had to get food from for my last delivery was a combination Japanese + Thai place that I've never even glanced at (it's right on the highway, but also a bit of a hole in the wall). It smelled so good that I wound up placing an order with them as soon as I dropped off my last customer's order - and it was drat tasty, my only gripe was "make it as hot as you can make it, then add some more fire" was apparently understood as "make it hot enough to make his lips numb, but no more" (granted, my definition of "it's sort of spicy" is probably equal to most people's definition of "oh god I can't feel my face after one bite"). My wallet can't easily handle eating out constantly. The best part about tonight was finding out that they're open until 3am though... AND they actually deliver to me! Why the hell I had to pick up a delivery order from them, when they have their own delivery staff, is beyond me, but hey, if the customer feels like paying a markup, more power to them..

BloodBag posted:

Welp, after perusing some websites, I found one, in my size, at Richardson Bike Mart in Richardson, TX. I made the 242 mile drive and came home with my new baby. It's the single prettiest bike I've ever owned. I got it on clearance too, $300 off original price :toot:

Well, the upside is Richardson Bike Mart is pretty awesome.

The downside is you drove from... what, Houston? for a bike frame.

Phone posted:

Basically any camera from the past 5 years is able to pull of some god drat wizardry. Like even cheap cameras with some creativity and planning can capture amazing things.

What Phone said.

My current body is a Nikon D5100 (which is pretty old now, but it does everything I ask of it, so I see no reason to replace it). I can shoot hand held in a nightclub with no problem, if you don't mind it being a little grainy - stage lighting alone is more than enough to snap a 1/60 shot of a band, and I can usually shoot 1/30 (which is normally considered to be the lowest you can shoot hand held) inside. That photo was probably with a shutter speed measuring into the seconds, and with a tripod (guessing because of how the cars look on the bridge - solid streaks of light for cars usually means at least a few seconds). Any DSLR currently on the market, and a lot of point and shoot cameras, are capable of doing that, as long as you have a tripod. I've pulled off 20 minute exposures with the Nikon, which lead to some pretty awesome sky shots late at night in the middle of nowhere.

My last point and shoot was $1200 (Sony DSC-F717). I paid less than a third of that for the Nikon (without a lens, but the lens I usually shoot with is less than $200 brand new - I got mine used for $100). The Nikon just wipes the floor with the Sony when it comes to low light quality. Well, everything really, the only thing the Sony excelled at compared to the Nikon was low light autofocus (it projected a grid using lasers in low light conditions).

iwentdoodie posted:

Anecdotal story time: friend of mine was a marine, has horrible PTSD among various physical disabilities now. Been baker acted twice when the VA couldn't get him meds in Tampa. He was taking Ambien during the day to combat anxiety, and was drinking 12-24 beers nightly just to get to sleep and relax.

His therapist eventually told him he should try to find weed. Now he smokes after dinner, doesn't drink, and no longer needs anxiety medication.

But if he gets tested at the VA, he loses everything he gets.

Uh, you mean Ativan right? Ambien is a hypnotic that's only used as a sleep aid, AFAIK it has no off-label uses for anxiety... and it seriously fucks your world up if you try to stay awake. Even 10mg makes you black out and hallucinate. And for some odd reason, it always makes me want to go for a drive. :suicide:

A case of beer a night though... drat. I've been there before (not for anxiety, just because I'm an alcoholic). Not fun at all.

InitialDave posted:

I have had this exact argument with people, and been met with the "but how would you feel if your kids were hit by a driver high on drugs?" argument (I'm single with no kids, so "loving surprised" probably covers it).

The best part of that argument is I've actually taken drug tests while stoned out of my skull, and passed. Didn't smoke for a month or so before them, then got stupid high immediately before the tests. (before anyone jumps on me about this, I was in my late teens/early 20s at the time, so at least 15 years ago - I refuse to drive if I'm high on anything beyond prescribed meds today)

Weed is the one that sticks around to tell stories for up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer (depending how much you smoke and how much you weigh - typically you'll test positive for about a month if you smoke like me.. or 3 months if you're SAC). :sigh: The only other drug that sticks around anywhere near as long is benzos, and even then they're usually gone within 3-4 weeks (assuming you use them daily, also assuming you don't have an rX, since if you do have an rX, you have nothing to worry about)

Ferremit posted:

loving retards...

My only question is "how the gently caress"

Pham Nuwen posted:

On another note, am I being unreasonable to be a little pissed when my wife pulls me away from working on the truck to pick up and deliver burritos to her and her friends on campus? They could have walked to Subway but wanted this instead. We've got limited daylight this time of year, I already spent the morning running errands for her, and I sure as gently caress won't have any daylight after work this week either.

You must really hate sex. :v:

literally a fish posted:

I just completely fail to see what workplace drug testing actually prevents, since idiots will always be idiots.

Keeps insurance rates a little lower for the employer, and lets them proclaim "we're a drug free workplace".

Everywhere I've ever worked at least did drug testing if you tried to claim an injury on the job, except for Whole Foods (the trainer's line was, and I think I'm almost quoting word for word, "You can drive a forklift off of the dock and not worry about a drug test".. if that's not word for word, it's drat close). I got popped with two drug tests in my two years at Pizza Hut, both times because I got injured at work and didn't want to pay for xrays/doctor visit myself. Still got hosed over, my right knee is still five kinds of hosed up from the last one (tripped on a broken sidewalk in front of the store, fell down several steps and landed in the parking lot on my knee), and they always said "well the doctor said there was nothing except bruising".

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Just tell em the fact that people high on weed are actually safer driver than normal. Let alone alcohol frigging causes far far FAR more crashes.

The only thing you have to worry about when someone is driving while baked is them stopping at a stop sign and waiting for it to turn green. :colbert:

.. or the baked driver taking a full minute to change lanes when they realize they've blown past their favorite fast food place at 20 mph.

Liquid Communism posted:

Weed makes most people who talk about smoking it into enormously smug fucker that I want to put the boots to on principal.

Yes, as TCC has told me, I am apparently the fun police. loving stoners. There are a ton of people who can handle their poo poo, and good for them.

Yeah uh, most people I know just get really quiet when they're stoned. Personally, the only noises I can really make while baked are the stereotypical stoner laugh. I sometimes get coherent enough to order delivery, but the delivery person usually gets a contact high as soon as I open the door. I can't function enough to form a complex sentence when I'm baked.

(I've been tipped with joints before while playing delivery person,. that was always great.. also been tipped with shots and beers, I normally turned down shots, but if they gave me a beer I'd toss it in the fridge when I got home)

If it makes you feel any better, I also want to curbstomp the person that's smug about being really high too. Enjoy the high, but don't ruin my high by blabbing about how high you are. A brief "wow I'm loving baked" is enough.

nm posted:

Alcohol and weed seem like they feed off of each other. I've had a few beers, then smoked a bit of weed, and went from "okay I have a mild buzz" to "how i sposed stand up *faceplant*".

14 INCH DICK posted:

That's where the shards come in to perk you up, and maybe a bar or two to take the edge off the fact you've been up 4 days

Oh good I'm not the only one who's stayed awake for 4 days from that combo.

T1g4h posted:

Exocet or Boso Truck?

Boso already has something like one of those. :haw:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

Today I played trivial pursuit with my family for the first time in ten years and o forgot how good it holds up :3:

Also please hold off on buying me avatars because I'm starting to feel bad about it and also because they're just going to change it back anyways. I'll just stop posting for a while

no don't worry about it TT it's fine don't go
we'll just add the dogtits gif to our adblockers

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
My SLR is 10 years old!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

mafoose posted:

Yea, maybe not.

Porsche club rents out tools, I'd try that route.

If not, those aluminum block 5.3 from a trailblazer would be the route to go.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

Dont post in YOSPOS, stay posting here.... no one in AI is going to be a oval office.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

leica posted:

Haha compare that to a TB/water pump kit for your 323. What is it, like 60 bucks?

I bought the TB kit, cam and crank seals, and water pump for $54 shipped I think, so yea! Talk about sticker shock.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Porsche club rents out tools, I'd try that route.

If not, those aluminum block 5.3 from a trailblazer would be the route to go.

That's good to know. I'm trying to find out the history (it's a friend of a friend's), all I know is the transaxle was replaced recently, as was the clutch. The ac is inop, and the interior is, according to the owner, falling apart (it's far nicer than my e28s!).

Things that scare me: it was built in an Audi plant.
Another interesting tidbit, the 20v 5 cyl Audi bolts up to the 924 bellhousing which then mates to the 944. Too bad it needs a custom pan, exhaust manifold, and mounts, since no one makes them.
I would love a V8 one, hell I'd even settle for a 4.8l and upgrade later. I hope I can get all my ducks in a row!

In somewhat related news, my local electronics place sells Tyco CPC "kits" for cheaper than I can order them online! They also sell non-TE gold plated pins and sockets for cheaper than the tin coated ones I could find online! This is going to be the nicest MS install I've ever done.

Also, anyone ever done PCB design?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

YAY, schedules for the end of November just got pushed to my work app!

Guess who signed up for every 6-10 shift he could find? THIS GUY. :smug:

.... then realized they were 6:00 am to 10:30 pm

:doh:

And uh thanks to the app I'm apparently working for almost three weeks, with one day off. gently caress. I can (probably) edit the shifts down to like 4:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Or 3. Or 2. or One. Or even noon. But even 4-1030 is approaching too much time to sit in the car.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

Yeah, 30-40mpg is what I read. I might be better off with a diesel, then I could get it in holdbrooks orange.

Yup it's worthless, I'd offer 」300. I really like the first gen v70s.

At some point I'll look back upon my shattered life, parts strewn everywhere and realise the breaking point was me asking "what transplant website?"

Car Transplants is a big local scrap yard, they have a yard near nantwich and one in winsford. They are now one of the 'posh' scrappers who don't let you wander round yourself but take bits off for you. They also actually know exactly what they have in stock and seem really organised.

They have their own online auction site full of cat c's and d's - https://auctions.car-transplants.co.uk/vehicle-list/?type=0 .There are multiple yards using the same site so limit the Seller to 'Car Transplants' if you want to make it easier to collect..

30-40mpg is about right for the Panda 100. Drove in convoy with my mate last summer down to the south coast when we went camping for a week. Both cars evenly loaded with passengers and kit. He got 30-40mpg all the way while my aygo still managed to average 50mpg. Was expecting the Panda to do much better since we stuck at the speed limit all the way which is over the magic 60mph economy speed for an Aygo but should have been pretty good for the Fiat...

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 9, 2015

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

mafoose posted:

Things that scare me: it was built in an Audi plant.

Will it pass emissions? :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

literally a fish posted:

Yeah please do that because now the only people it will bother are the people who gave it to me expecting that I'd eventually buy a new one

Jokes on them fuckers

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I have avatars turned off because of work. Don't miss em, and I just go to someone's profile if people are talking about a certain one. They still show up there.

If someone changed my avatar, I probably wouldn't even notice until someone mentioned it in a post.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

literally a fish posted:

I had no idea that was possible, this is awesome!!!

literally a fish posted:

Yep, dogtits now gone, post away.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I love discovering random exploits on our Production system because someone couldn't scrub their code.

And I suck at coding.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I love discovering random exploits on our Production system because someone couldn't scrub their code.

And I suck at coding.

You should learn to use burpsuite. You'll probably ruin a lot of people's days.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Yeah please do that because now the only people it will bother are the people who gave it to me expecting that I'd eventually buy a new one

Jokes on them fuckers

Hold up, you watch The View? :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Today has been a perfect example of; 'if someone can gently caress things up for you, they will' and now I'm going home to de-stress by lifting some weights. I will then eat a fuckload of chicken, shower and go to bed early. ...and then no doubt be subject to similar fuckwittery tomorrow.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
Mom just got diagnosed with Lyme disease. :( she reckons its been two weeks since she got bit so at least they got it early.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

Mom just got diagnosed with Lyme disease. :( she reckons its been two weeks since she got bit so at least they got it early.
poo poo man, that sucks :( Me and my family went for five years without being diagnosed. Ironically we survived Australia only to get bit by a weird little bug in the US and get sick from it

zundfolge posted:

Hold up, you watch The View? :allears:

my wife watches it while doing her homework, i'd never heard of it before other than occasionally it being in the news for being too rude to someone or something like that lol

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

literally a fish posted:

I just completely fail to see what workplace drug testing actually prevents, since idiots will always be idiots.
As ilkhan said, it comes across as nothing more than :jerkbag: rear end-covering about "Oh no, we don't employ druggies".

Cakefool posted:

You and me need to have words young man. Diesels gave their place and (some) Volvos are awesome.
4x4s and truck-like things, fair enough, but I just can't get on with them in regular cars. Modern ones with a DSG aren't so bad, but I will never understand the whole thing with people wanting a manual diesel road car. About the only reason I'd have one is if I had to due to company car rules or needing to sit on a motorway for ages every day.

As for Volvos? Saabs are better.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Car Transplants is a big local scrap yard, they have a yard near nantwich and one in winsford. They are now one of the 'posh' scrappers who don't let you wander round yourself but take bits off for you. They also actually know exactly what they have in stock and seem really organised.

They have their own online auction site full of cat c's and d's - https://auctions.car-transplants.co.uk/vehicle-list/?type=0 .There are multiple yards using the same site so limit the Seller to 'Car Transplants' if you want to make it easier to collect..

She doesn't know it yet but my wife hates you.
On the other hand I'm more interested in getting some woodworking going at the moment than getting another car. Need some babies first bookshelves as a first job.

InitialDave posted:

4x4s and truck-like things, fair enough, but I just can't get on with them in regular cars. Modern ones with a DSG aren't so bad, but I will never understand the whole thing with people wanting a manual diesel road car. About the only reason I'd have one is if I had to due to company car rules or needing to sit on a motorway for ages every day.

As for Volvos? Saabs are better.

Buckets of torque and economy? If I had access to cheap fuel and plentiful V8s I'd be all over that sketch but fuel factors into my budget.

As for Saabs? I like some, not others. Different strokes and all that.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 9, 2015

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

mafoose posted:

Yea, maybe not.

Why would you spend $480 on a water pump and what adapter kit are you talking about? Also, that timing belt kis is overpriced and likely not what you want (they often include all the seals, etc and there is no reason to buy that unless you need to replace seals).

Also, I'll loan you the tools if you can't find them locally.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

She doesn't know it yet but my wife hates you.
On the other hand I'm more interested in getting some woodworking going at the moment than getting another car.
Buy a Morgan?

quote:

Buckets of torque and economy? If I had access to cheap fuel and plentiful V8s I'd be all over that sketch but fuel factors into my budget.
Honestly, when things like the M135i will do a real 30mpg on a run, I'd have to be doing intergalactic mileage to buy a diesel instead.

quote:

As for Saabs? I like some, not others. Different strokes and all that.
I see what you did there...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Buy a Morgan?

I actually want to build a car from scratch one day, no reason it shouldn't have a timber frame, it's not like that's any less crash safe than most kit cars.

quote:

Honestly, when things like the M135i will do a real 30mpg on a run, I'd have to be doing intergalactic mileage to buy a diesel instead.

The difference between 30 and 50mpg over 15000 miles is 」1000 @ 」5/gallon, I'll take the extra grand thanks.

quote:

I see what you did there...

I'm totally pretending that's on purpose :haw:
Look we're all on the same side here, we can discuss this calmly over a cup of tea, but if you put the milk in first so help me I'll cut you. :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Happy Birthday Carl Sagan

:smith: Wish you were still here.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

That sucks, hope she is going to be OK. My old man is currently on antibiotics for it, hope they do the trick as I know somebody who has it bad, and he struggles to do a full day's work without overexerting himself . Myself and my dad both work on hills in Scotland it the little buggers make me nervous, I always end up with one or two a year. Lyme disease is a bitch.

Conversely, my I'm now wanting to switch to petrol because my commute is on the motorway. Back when my commute was on fun A and B roads, I wanted a diesel so I could regularly drive hardish without completely loving (or caring about) my fuel economy.

Now my commute is all motorway I figure I can get something more entertaining as I'll be able to eek 30+ mpg out of a petrol on my commute by stuffing on cruise control at 70 because it's not like I'm having any fun anyway.

Sadly I think I really should let my bank balance get a bit healthier before I can swap my reliable-but-sheddy 190k 320d for something more fun, considering I'm about to buy a house and fit a new bathroom and kitchen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

stump posted:

Conversely, my I'm now wanting to switch to petrol because my commute is on the motorway. Back when my commute was on fun A and B roads, I wanted a diesel so I could regularly drive hardish without completely loving (or caring about) my fuel economy.

Now my commute is all motorway I figure I can get something more entertaining as I'll be able to eek 30+ mpg out of a petrol on my commute by stuffing on cruise control at 70 because it's not like I'm having any fun anyway.

Sadly I think I really should let my bank balance get a bit healthier before I can swap my reliable-but-sheddy 190k 320d for something more fun, considering I'm about to buy a house and fit a new bathroom and kitchen.

49-50 MPG on my daily commute with my TDI :getin:

30 MPG is my CITY mileage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

49-50 MPG on my daily commute with my TDI :getin:

30 MPG is my CITY mileage.

This. I figure the grand a year I'm saving could pay for something cheap and fun.

• Locked thread