Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Apparently the jersey is a cancer awareness thing which makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Twat le Piss posted:

Also gently caress yeah welly, show those league officials that you need to stay

or don't

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shmoses posted:

Apparently the jersey is a cancer awareness thing which makes sense.

yeah, nobody heard about it before this match

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Why kick out a cool and good team like Wellington when we could kick out the criminal thugs from Western Sydney, ijdgi

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Well there was more action in the first half than all of Syd vs Brisbane.

Again McGing gets caught out for the goal. It's hard to be hard on the lad, given he's like 2 in footballer years, but hopefully he starts channelling his inner Sainsbury soon and becomes good, otherwise he's going to crash and burn.

Apart from that we were good, Welly were good, but we made twice as many shots but just couldn't convert better. Welly deserved a point and so did we.

Good entertaining football on a very lovely day.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MiniSune posted:

Well there was more action in the first half than all of Syd vs Brisbane.

Again McGing gets caught out for the goal. It's hard to be hard on the lad, given he's like 2 in footballer years, but hopefully he starts channelling his inner Sainsbury soon and becomes good, otherwise he's going to crash and burn.

Apart from that we were good, Welly were good, but we made twice as many shots but just couldn't convert better. Welly deserved a point and so did we.

Good entertaining football on a very lovely day.

mate, It rained the other day and I watched a tiny snail climb up my back gate

that was more interesting and exciting than fridays game

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Twat le Piss posted:

mate, It rained the other day and I watched a tiny snail climb up my back gate

that was more interesting and exciting than fridays game

I wish I had been paying for overpriced pints to watch that. Tiny animals own.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

I wish I had been paying for overpriced pints to watch that. Tiny animals own.

They do, small invertibrate chat itt until the next match, imo

Unless it results in a probie so maybe not

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also it's nice when GG comes in this thread, even to lay down the trp law, we're noticed, lads

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Twat le Piss posted:

Also it's nice when GG comes in this thread, even to lay down the trp law, we're noticed, lads

Has this ever happened? No mods no masters!

Some movement coming out the FFA regarding the Nix, to the suprise of no one they've admitted it's about TV deal money and want the Nix to travel back in time and stop the FFA accepting a lovely, one-sided deal from Sky NZ

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I love this thread, you guys can talk about little snails :3:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I think this guy did up his shell that way because he loves the west coast

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Tongues posted:

Has this ever happened? No mods no masters!

Some movement coming out the FFA regarding the Nix, to the suprise of no one they've admitted it's about TV deal money and want the Nix to travel back in time and stop the FFA accepting a lovely, one-sided deal from Sky NZ

Think it's likely to be resolved?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Ewar Woowar posted:

Think it's likely to be resolved?

Absolutely. The FFA are many things, but they're not so short sighted that they'd effectively alienate an entire countries worth of dollars dollar bills to try and cash in on a "super Sydney club" pipe dream that no one wants.

It all looks like brinksmanship to me- a great big bluff to force Phoenix and NZFA to front some more cash. They couldn't get away with the same thing against a similarly performing Australian club. The FFA absolutely positively must have ten sides in the comp or they lose Fox's money. There are no clubs in the country that could step up tomorrow if the Nix called their bluff and pulled out at the end of the season - a handful that absolutely could be successful if given a year or two to get their houses in order- but the overnight success of the wanderers isn't going to happen again, and the additions of GC and Heart should have told the FFA loud and clear that you can't just chuck teams wherever you want.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Tongues posted:

Absolutely. The FFA are many things, but they're not so short sighted that they'd effectively alienate an entire countries worth of dollars dollar bills to try and cash in on a "super Sydney club" pipe dream that no one wants.

It all looks like brinksmanship to me- a great big bluff to force Phoenix and NZFA to front some more cash. They couldn't get away with the same thing against a similarly performing Australian club. The FFA absolutely positively must have ten sides in the comp or they lose Fox's money. There are no clubs in the country that could step up tomorrow if the Nix called their bluff and pulled out at the end of the season - a handful that absolutely could be successful if given a year or two to get their houses in order- but the overnight success of the wanderers isn't going to happen again, and the additions of GC and Heart should have told the FFA loud and clear that you can't just chuck teams wherever you want.

Called it, I am the most powerful sorcerer since Dumbledore:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/a-league/73909582/rob-morrison-confident-of-securing-phoenixs-aleague-future

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Sup Gandalf.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Anyone watching the Roos? Dominating them. Pitch stinks.

Also we got some cracking Tony Sage gags in on the pod this week.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Not watching, on audio though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Australia giving a masterclass on squandering gilt-edged chances. Almost missed the penalty, really.

e: although they're not missing everything :)

iajanus fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 12, 2015

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

Anyone watching the Roos? Dominating them. Pitch stinks.

Also we got some cracking Tony Sage gags in on the pod this week.

Cyprus Hill references are an important part of any pod and you should ensure they are made more frequent. Showed the pod off to a few people today, I think you've made some more fans!

Also, get Canberra a fuckin A league side. Imagine if we could churning out Rogices on a regular basis

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

loving FoxtelGo is a hunk of poo poo that prevented me seeing all three goals so far :(

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

loving FoxtelGo is a hunk of poo poo that prevented me seeing all three goals so far :(

I with you, but instead of foxtel go for me work is a piece of poo poo. Came home to a suprise welly match and 3 goals!

Big ol crowd in the cake tin too, hopefully they convert a few of the blow ins to rusted ons

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Love the kiwi commentators on radio

"PICK THAT OUT OF THE BACK OF THE NET ADELAIDE"

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

Love the kiwi commentators on radio

"PUCK THET OUT OF THE BECK OF THE NAT EDOLEYDE"

Haha yeah they're pretty biased, funny as gently caress when they aren't playing your side. Cracking goal though, Hall had no chance.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I can't tell if it's entirely due to Adelaide being utterly inept in at back, but gently caress me Sarpong, Krishna, and Bonevacia are amazing at making space in the goalsquare

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Tongues posted:

I can't tell if it's entirely due to Adelaide being utterly inept in at back, but gently caress me Sarpong, Krishna, and Bonevacia are amazing at making space in the goalsquare

e: In the time is took me from starting this post to look up how to spell "bonevacia" the Nux has scored again

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Holy jesus adelaide are bad, I can't believe how much Gombau was holding this side together. Goodwin is the only reds player who looks like he wants to keep playing.

Even when gombau was in that sweet" who gives a gently caress about results lets just look awesome and poo poo" they were lightyears ahead of this display

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Its not even like Adelaide have forgotten how to defend so much as if they're mortally offended at the very idea of defending and to partake would be haram

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
This is just sad, Hall legitimately looks like he is about to start crying

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

welly are cool and good, is there anyone who watches the a-le4ague and doesnt like them

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

welly are cool and good, is there anyone who watches the a-le4ague and doesnt like them

I put them in that same basket as the mariners, every time they get a win I'm like naw little guy

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I put them in that same basket as the mariners, every time they get a win I'm like naw little guy

i agree except for the part about the mariners, i'm ambivalent about them

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Aaaggggh someones granny in the crowd joining in with the shirt off crew!

gently caress you camera man

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Aaaggggh someones granny in the crowd joining in with the shirt off crew!

gently caress you camera man

chebs are chebs

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

chebs are chebs

Tuts are tuts

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:rip: Adelaide's season

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Sack watch for Amor surely #Kossiementum

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:rip: Adelaide's season

Kossie will sort you lot out, don't you stress

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Green seat elite out in force I see, you take away Mooy and City looks both toothless and remarkably over-turned-turtle soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Green seat elite out in force I see, you take away Mooy and City looks both toothless and remarkably over-turned-turtle soft

Mooy is at that terrible level of skill where he's too good for this league, and yet probably not good enough to step up, so uh I guess he stays at City forever

• Locked thread