Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

crime fighting hog posted:

can you pick your own pronouns

More importantly, do Codsworth's names include Lowtax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Looks like no mention of the scope fps drop issues so maybe the patch fixed them.

If there was a 'scope FPS drop issue" it wasn't present in my review copy and I played a sniper build. The FPS dropped somewhat regularly but not because of scopes, it was usually because of a ton of effects going off or a lot of active characters.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
So I want to play my usually sneaky sniper but occasionally dick around with just about every gun. How does this look for a build? I'm trying to take bobbleheads into account here.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=7f.3.5.4.3.5.6.2

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

welp I guess I'm holding off on this for now

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I am looking forward to doing my traditional Unarmed Weapons run for my first playthrough tomorrow, Power Fist all day, every day.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Shaun goes absolutely ape poo poo for the mobile, just as I am going absolutely ape poo poo that the sensitivity for the X and Y axes are somehow not synced.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Geoff Zahn posted:

So I want to play my usually sneaky sniper but occasionally dick around with just about every gun. How does this look for a build? I'm trying to take bobbleheads into account here.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=7f.3.5.4.3.5.6.2

The new SPECIAL system far favors specialization. If you want to be a sneaky sniper you want AGI, LUC and PER more than anything. The design of the special system means that you'll be effective with most guns just with those attributes.

Judge Tesla posted:

I am looking forward to doing my traditional Unarmed Weapons run for my first playthrough tomorrow, Power Fist all day, every day.

Go to Boston Commons ASAP. Just a hint.

A boss fight but also a unique power fist that does more damage each time you hit an enemy with it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Eonwe posted:

Lol you care a lot about people playing a game a tiny bit early

Lol nah, seeing nerds get super spergy and angry over stuff like this gives me a very healthly erection.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The music owns. Pistol packin' mama is the new Big Iron for me.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im excited to play this game (=

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game will unlock officially in America by the time I am able to play it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Am I the only one who doesn't listen to music on their Pipboy? I like the ambient music more..

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

There is different mouse sensitivity in game than is in the UI

gently caress, how do I fix that

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Ugh don't disconnect from the VPN during a patch download. Now I have to redownload half the game. :[

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlternateAccount posted:

Ugh don't disconnect from the VPN during a patch download. Now I have to redownload half the game. :[

I was about to do this to see what was up with my unlock.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress, the FOV console command resets as soon as you close the console. I guess I will have to play this at this tunnel vision fov until a mod/ini tweak fixes it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

DirtyTalk posted:

Where's the cheapest place to buy this for PC right now?

I know I'll probably end up buying this and not playing it so I want to at least know how to get it for the least monies.

I got my digital copy on Ebay for £30, which is the cheapest I found.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ImpAtom posted:

Go to Boston Commons ASAP. Just a hint.

A boss fight but also a unique power fist that does more damage each time you hit an enemy with it.

Neato! I'll be snagging that when I can.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
The longest Steam unpack in the world. Tension is palpable.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lol nah, seeing nerds get super spergy and angry over stuff like this gives me a very healthly erection.
I like seeing this get turned on it's head every now and again. How DARE do Americans have to wait while some other not-American country gets it first! :argh:

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
Woo! Finally got FO4 to play, but now Steam refuses to go into offline mode. It just sits there reloading the store page >.>

I'm dumb. To the wastelands! :black101:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vikar Jerome posted:

the only one that seems mad here is you

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Been playing on PS4 so far my experience has been ok, I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment (probably due to getting used to playing on a console)

I've not seen any slow down yet, the graphics are ok but not amazing, the story seems a bit meh at the moment and I'm not too keen on the changes leveling and the perk system works.

I have found a bobblehead already and the crafting system looks to be very deep at the moment.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There is different mouse sensitivity in game than is in the UI

gently caress, how do I fix that

I had this in the Tale of Two Wastelands mod, it was an issue with the .ini settings files. For TTW this worked:

quote:

- To remove menu mouse annoyances, set

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0

fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0

fForegroundMouseBase=0

fForegroundMouseMult=0

in the [controls] section of your fallout .inis (I think these aren't normally in there by default, but they have non-zero default values).

I'm assuming the Fallout 4 .ini files will work the same way, so give that a try.

Frankenoodle
Jun 6, 2015

Everybody's talking at me
Does anyone know which setting I should tweak to get rid of this blocky nonsense on every person? I'm using a Radeon 5870.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Eonwe posted:

the only one that seems mad here is you

Im not american. :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol those "spergs" who did something as tough as launching a VPN tool to have a bit of fun early

so angry that people like me are calling them on how spergy they are

:smug:

im a cool goon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vikar Jerome posted:

Im not american. :smug:

you're posts our le epikk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im so angry that vikar called me out right now

like really loving angry and shaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bacon flaps posted:

The longest Steam unpack in the world. Tension is palpable.

Okay so it's not just me. I'm stuck at 81%. It's downloading though at around 300 KB/S.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Could you two just not?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VoLaTiLe posted:

the story seems a bit meh

That doesn't change. Some of the side missions are okay but the main story is like the definition of 'meh' except actually allowing you to shoot most people in the face.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Friendly Tumour posted:

Could you two just not?

baby you know how I do

i :justpost: and thats life

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

That doesn't change. Some of the side missions are okay but the main story is like the definition of 'meh' except actually allowing you to shoot most people in the face.

yea i've heard that, kinda a bummer there

ive played an hour though and its such a technical improvement of the game in every way though that i may not care

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Not quite sure where to look to get this question answered - how does healing work in this game? Can you just infinitely use stimpacks while the game is paused or is there some sort of cooldown?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Not quite sure where to look to get this question answered - how does healing work in this game? Can you just infinitely use stimpacks while the game is paused or is there some sort of cooldown?

Your health doesn't go up instantaneously with stims or food, takes a little time

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's healing over time, at least on the hardest difficulty.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Without medic perks the stimpacks and food healing take time to heal you. And if you're irradiated there is actually a proportionate chunk of health that you can't get back unless you flush it out.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Thanks - good, that made vanilla FO3 way too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Healing takes time after you stimpack or eat food but that speed can be improved with perks. It's already pretty fast though. Unless you're healing your last HP while a super mutant punches you in the face you'll survive.

An odd note: I'm not sure if it is a glitch or intentional but 0 HP is not death. I've survived blows with 0 HP remaining. It seems like it has to be -1 or more to be death.

• Locked thread