Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Today is the fourth anniversary of Rick Perry saying, "Oops!"

I have high hopes for tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I had some fun.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

oddium posted:

actually it stands for "john ellis bush"

Which means saying "Jeb Bush" is like saying "ATM machine"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Two American trainers just died in Jordan due to an attack by a Jordanian officer. Who wants to run the pool on which Republican attacks Obama first on it?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

who?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

Which means saying "Jeb Bush" is like saying "ATM machine"

Je Bush

Jezus

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Triglav posted:

Jesus only asked for 10%

lmao the taxes gained by bringing every other bracket up to 10% are immediately lost by dropping the $200-500k bracket down to 10%, and the losses are only compounded by reducing the even higher brackets down to 10%

how the gently caress is this not what dr. ben is getting crucified for? instead the media wants to spend several days arguing about whether or not he really did use his gifted hands to build egyptian granaries.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Shageletic posted:

Two American trainers just died in Jordan due to an attack by a Jordanian officer. Who wants to run the pool on which Republican attacks Obama first on it?

jeb will hold a press conference to lay out a scripted, epic put down that he'll blow in such a way as to embarrass himself, remind people of some horrible event in the W years and suck all the media attention away from carsons fibbing, causing jeb to cry and carson to ultimately snag the nom

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The "oops" moment is still the best thing.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

It was epic to watch live. Being human I squirmed in my seat, but soon remembered who Rick Perry was. The schadenfreude was delicious.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

homeless poster posted:

lmao the taxes gained by bringing every other bracket up to 10% are immediately lost by dropping the $200-500k bracket down to 10%, and the losses are only compounded by reducing the even higher brackets down to 10%

how the gently caress is this not what dr. ben is getting crucified for? instead the media wants to spend several days arguing about whether or not he really did use his gifted hands to build egyptian granaries.

republicans want to crush the government to just funding prisons, cops, and troops

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Joementum posted:

I had some fun.

This is good, Joementum. Thank you.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Nintendo Kid posted:

republicans want to crush the government to just funding prisons, cops, and troops

that's still too much federal government. if you take the funding from cops and prisons and divert that into troops, they can just fill the other two roles

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Herv posted:

It was epic to watch live. Being human I squirmed in my seat, but soon remembered who Rick Perry was. The schadenfreude was delicious.

What happened, why did he say oops

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Phlegmish posted:

What happened, why did he say oops

He forgot his own platform stump during a debate. Opiates may have played a part but I don't think this was ever confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCyTQEANlmM

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uvmKnFY4uk

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

these are too fun

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Politico pushing the narrative that Ben Carson is a big dumb baby using quotes from Christie and Huckabee.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/chris-christie-ben-carson-215637

Too bad the main stage of the debate will be a massive hug box for Carson with the exception of Trump, and maybe Kasich.

EDIT: Ben Carson has a girlfriend, but she's in Canada.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Dr. Carson, you have been attacked in the mainstream media for the last few days for supposedly inaccurate statements in your autobiography. How would you like to respond to your critics?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
"Obama didn't get vetted like this" is a pretty solid counter in the Team Rocket hugbox.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just wanted you to know I appreciated this

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

TheTatteredKing posted:

My flashlight app is telling me to vote Ben Carson

Every time I go on imgur I get ads telling me to vote for Carson. I don't know who he thinks his target audience is.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Do It Once Right posted:

It's totally fake, but very, very funny.

*fake as in 'not in his book and not one of the extraordinary claims Carson himself has made'

We are in a post-truth world. Spread it around long enough and it becomes truth. Hell, Carson will probably verify it because well, what hasn't he accomplished in his life?

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Ratspeaker posted:

Every time I go on imgur I get ads telling me to vote for Carson. I don't know who he thinks his target audience is.

I'm pretty sure his media people are just fleecing his campaign for all it's worth

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
he's definitely making inroads to the key dank memewright demographic

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

nachos posted:

We are in a post-truth world. Spread it around long enough and it becomes truth. Hell, Carson will probably verify it because well, what hasn't he accomplished in his life?

The polemic was so popular during the ancient era after the church was formed they thought all that nasty poo poo said about the Jews was legit instead of just sick nasty burns. When was the truth era?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

he's definitely making inroads to the key dank memewright demographic

Carson has lost /pol/ the most important dank-meme generating demographic out there.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

homeless poster posted:

Right, and 80% of federal revenues are derived from income and payroll taxes. The easiest way to raise taxes isn't to bankrupt the federal government; it's to increase the minimum wage. Higher wages means higher income and payroll tax revenues, as well as consumer discretionary spending, and in turn, higher revenues across all economic sectors. In states without income taxes, higher wages still means increased sales and property ownership.

But, but, then I won't be able to afford as many employees, until people start spending more, and I start marking more money :freep:

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

This one doesn't work, it seems too likely to occur at some point.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

none of them work because they're all the lowest hanging fruit imaginable and too short to subvert that

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

hint: it has to do with egyptian granaries

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Triglav posted:

Jesus only asked for 10%

It sure is nice that we only pay federal income tax and not a bunch of other taxes that are generally far more regressive.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Love the Carson macros, the horse still has some life left so keep them coming.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

Herv posted:

He forgot his own platform stump during a debate. Opiates may have played a part but I don't think this was ever confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCyTQEANlmM

Rick Perry had back surgery about a month before the campaign season really began. If I remember correctly it was some sort of new experimental procedure. Either way, he was in a lot of pain, under the effects of pain medication or both during the debates.

Not to say I feel bad for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

New Monmouth poll out of SC:

http://monmouth.edu/assets/0/322122...d4549f38b12.pdf

• Locked thread