Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Khanstant posted:

Yay I can play ultra. So uhh, what's the deal with the difficulty? Presumably easy af on hardest, right?

I'm interested to know this too, I'm presuming Very Hard just results in bullet sponge enemies like usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Does the power armor recharge itself automatically when I pickup the correct fusion core?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BaconCopter posted:

The IP is in AU when I googled it even though I set it to NZ in VyprVPn. I set the download location to AU - VIC, changed my store location to Australia, clicked the yes on payment info... and nothing has changed.

Tried restarting Steam, went into Account Details , store region back to US... try switching it to AU (check my download location, still the same). Go to the store, same exact problem as my screenshot...

No, I thought I needed to launch the game THEN turn it to offline? I never even got to unpacking anything :confused:

ohhhhh sorry I thought you had unpacked

not sure then

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
IGN listed the story as good, checkmate fuckers.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

To answer what I think your question is, my PSN copy of the game is preloaded and waiting to activate at midnight tonight, yes. Though it will have to patch after that, patches aren't preloaded.

Well poo poo, I'll have to try that. On the Amazon site, it says I'll be emailed when my code is ready, but it looks like I won't get a code until midnight. I don't get it, but whatever. I'll try downloading from PSN.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
How are you playing it now? Mine says it won't unlock for another 8 hours.

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

Scott Forstall posted:

and the pip boy app works as advertised?

i've been using the ipad version and it's surprisingly good - i've not noticed an FPS hit.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Cons: "Bugs"

Translation: "It's a Bethesda game and they couldn't pay us enough money to ignore that."

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Boz0r posted:

How are you playing it now? Mine says it won't unlock for another 8 hours.

VPN shenanigans. Look back a few pages, it's all over.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
Is the settlement building worth it or just tacked on?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

My lowtax title was prophetic. I am ready to claim the throne.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
happy with all the reviews so far. the only badish one is from the verg's chris palante, and that guy a retard hack who writes click bait. http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/1/6881161/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-torture-terrorism

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/fallout-4-review-check-your-next-gen-expectations-at-the-vault-door/

this one is probaly the most honest one, though i dont think the game looks that ugly.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Alkydere posted:

Translation: "It's a Bethesda game and they couldn't pay us enough money to ignore that."

translation "it must be paid shills! I can't handle being wrong!"

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Can someone suggest a build wherein my character motivation is to lob an explosive at the enemy before running in and punching them in the face? I'm thinking 7str 5pe/int. Do the bonuses for heavy gunner and demo expert stack if I find a rocket launcher/fat man/missiles?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
If I order this game on PSN can I play it at midnight CST or do I have to wait until midnight PST.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

translation "it must be paid shills! I can't handle being wrong!"

IGN are pretty much paid shills. It was less a jab at Bethesda and more a jab at IGN.

That being said I fully expect a Bethesda Game with all of the good and bad and honestly nothing I've heard had told me otherwise. Enjoy the good, laugh at the bad and I'm gonna lose like a week of free time to this no matter what. Honestly I'm just shocked to hear of a Bethesda game that can handle alt-tabbing properly like this one apparently can, so there's probably less bugs than in most.

I'd be VPN-ing/playing now but I have work in like 20 minutes. :negative:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Robhol posted:

Can't confirm for this game yet, but with other games previously I've been able to go back online without VPN after I launched the game once and it was fine.

Mad max made me leave the VPN on, or it would lock me out again.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Are the "workshop settlements" from that Local Leader Charisma perk referring to the main town you get to build, or just some side outposts? I want to make Charisma my dump stat because I want to self-identify as a goon in the game, but not if I don't get to build a cool base. Do I need Charisma to make a cool base?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SalTheBard posted:

If I order this game on PSN can I play it at midnight CST or do I have to wait until midnight PST.

It's going to unlock at midnight MST for me so I assume it would unlock at midnight CST for you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

It's going to unlock at midnight MST for me so I assume it would unlock at midnight CST for you.

Thanks!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BaconCopter posted:

I just got connected to this too, launched steam, checked store page and it was still the same. Changed my store region to Australia in Store Region. Now it shows "Play now" but won't launch :(

Yeah I keep getting this too.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
What are the most trustworthy bad reviews?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Khanstant posted:

Also I didnt plan a build, but CHA and END are the dump stats, right?

Maybe for you, but 8 in Endurance is required for Cannibal so I'll have to bump that way up to play my planned cannibal character.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
*coughcough* oh you guys I'm suddenly not feeling well... gonna have to go home early today from work...

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
loving Deathclaw. I'm playing on survival, and I keep running out of minigun ammo during the fight, so I'm out there like an rear end in a top hat taking potshots at it with a baby rifle.

ellic
Apr 28, 2009

I never asked for this

Grimey Drawer

lewtt posted:

PROFIXES FOR PROGAMERS:

Grab the fallout 4 video drivers. Here's nvidia. If you have AMD, you may want to feel bad about yourself

reddit guy posted:

For win7/8: [url]http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/358.91/358.91-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe[url]
Win 10 64bit: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/358.91/358.91-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

corresponding tweak guide if you are willing to spend 5 minutes for 5 more frames:

Here is a steam community guide to tweak various poo poo if you are at work and not playing fallout 4 but want to pretend you are:

QUICK FIXES FOR DUDES THAT FINISH QUICK:

ipresentinterval=0 if you are running gsync or hate input delay or hate everything. Makes your camera act less sluggish and drunk. - change the value from 1 to 0
bmouseacceleration=0 because bethesda. If you think having this on in any game is fine, i will fight you. used by all MLG skyrimmers. add the line under the [Controls] header in config files below

apply these (or other) fixes to the .ini's below until we figure out what shenanigan config file priority system bethesda is using this time:
fallout4.ini (my docs>my games), fallout4prefs.ini (my docs>my games), fallout4default.ini (steam fallout4 folder)

Potentially gamesaving fix:
Ingame terminals may or may not work if you run 120hz+. Cap your framerate to 110 or lower with rivatuner or some poo poo and you won't get permastuck staring at computers in your computer game. Also loving with vsync may help if you want to go the extra mile

You're a saint.

e:bbcode

ellic fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 9, 2015

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SalTheBard posted:

It's set to unlock at 11 central for me, so 12 EST wherever you are is what it looks like.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

NeilPerry posted:

What are the most trustworthy bad reviews?

Define 'bad review' because I'm not sure how to answer that question as is.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Bland posted:

Define 'bad review' because I'm not sure how to answer that question as is.

Any review that confirms their bias of negativity and cynicism.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

happy with all the reviews so far. the only badish one is from the verg's chris palante, and that guy a retard hack who writes click bait. http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/1/6881161/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-torture-terrorism

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/fallout-4-review-check-your-next-gen-expectations-at-the-vault-door/

this one is probaly the most honest one, though i dont think the game looks that ugly.

Honest = "this game was waves of poo poo punctuated by the odd compelling morsel"

Why can't "I liked it" be regarded as honest anymore.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Welp, I've tried and tried yet nothing seems to work. I am VPNing into NZ with steam closed/exited, then relaunching it once I am connected. The store ALWAYS launches into US$ when it starts up, so I go into my details and change it to NZ$. It starts displaying all of the NZ prices and shows I can "Play Now" as in my SS from before... but it still won't launch. My DL preferences are set to NZ. Probably just going to stop trying at this point as I have no clue why it isn't working.

I don't understand this release style at all. Why the hell does the game release "Nov 9" when I can't unlock it until loving 11 PM this evening? That's not Nov 9th, its the 10th, just loving say it's coming out on the 10th ya twats.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Volkerball posted:

It's set to unlock at 11 central for me, so 12 EST wherever you are is what it looks like.

Really? That's weird, because unless I did my math wrong it's unlocking at midnight mountain, not 10pm mountain.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deified Data posted:

Honest = "this game was waves of poo poo punctuated by the odd compelling morsel"

Why can't "I liked it" be regarded as honest anymore.

because goons.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how people can say "this game is rear end ugly" is beyond me after being brought up on how gently caress-ugly FO3 and NV were.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Am I missing something with building settlements? Am I really going have to try and build all the piles of immovable old crap in these houses, or is there some way to clear them out?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

Really? That's weird, because unless I did my math wrong it's unlocking at midnight mountain, not 10pm mountain.

I'd love to be wrong though.

I'm looking at a ticker right now that says it will unlock in 11 hours and 14 minutes and it is 11:45 here.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When I started the game the recommended settings were all at their lowest, I pumped everything up to max and it's running just fine.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BaconCopter posted:

Welp, I've tried and tried yet nothing seems to work. I am VPNing into NZ with steam closed/exited, then relaunching it once I am connected. The store ALWAYS launches into US$ when it starts up, so I go into my details and change it to NZ$. It starts displaying all of the NZ prices and shows I can "Play Now" as in my SS from before... but it still won't launch. My DL preferences are set to NZ. Probably just going to stop trying at this point as I have no clue why it isn't working.

I don't understand this release style at all. Why the hell does the game release "Nov 9" when I can't unlock it until loving 11 PM this evening? That's not Nov 9th, its the 10th, just loving say it's coming out on the 10th ya twats.

:cry: My VPN won't work I WANNA PLAY MY VIDEO GAME!!

But yeah I'm actually in the same boat. I noticed some people are on reddit as well. Hope there is a fix someone finds later. I was unpacking it and came back to find VPNs no longer work.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

BaconCopter posted:

You still have to go into steam settings and change your region info iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Volkerball posted:

I'm looking at a ticker right now that says it will unlock in 11 hours and 14 minutes and it is 11:45 here.

Huh. Neato! Two more hours of breaking necks and cashing checks tonight than I expected.

• Locked thread